E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

I think Ellie crying after was the first time we've ever seen any real emotion from her. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Ugh seriously why do they have to show everything as it happens? Keep that shit private. Of all things they choose to keep private, they don't. Sickening. They see people profiting off her misery.

People have D&C's all day long it's not something that makes Ellie so special you need to write Ellie is beautiful like wtf. Yes it's awful, but why make it out so extreme and over the top? Just get through it and grieve after. As long as you need. But damn is this a commercial for pregnancy loss? That's what it seems like.

Ellie looked like a sickly dying person when she was coming out of anesthesia. And he films her? So sad. Disgusting.

So you keep your sons neck issues private but will show your wife grieving and miscarrying on film? Weird.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

whys0seri0us wrote:I think Ellie crying after was the first time we've ever seen any real emotion from her. Ever.

The interesting thing was that she was crying because of the medication more than anything. She wanted Penny and was upset that someone couldn't go in with her.

When I read the title I thought maybe it related to her feeling alone now that she is t pregnant.... a common feeling! I should have known it was something else.
kaymaroff
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kaymaroff »

I'm actually pleased they showed some footage from the hospital - it's real and it's painful and that's what women go through. It can make people feel less alone to be transparent.

greygoose
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by greygoose »

I totally agree with ya'll on your observations regarding Jared, especially during the waiting room montage! I really try to remind myself that, of course, he is grieving too (I guess) and we cannot dictate how he is suppose to act. It's a very thin line for them to be sharing (and helping people who have experienced similiar situations) and them cashing in on tragedy. I am probably so reluctant because of past experiences with them being soooooo shitty about honesty, transparency etc.

Also, can we talk about how Ellie keeps saying this is the worst she has been through and how this one is "so much worse than the last one" (one, not oneS)? In the Instagram post where she talked about this being her third miscarriage, it wasn't even a typo or a slip. She elaborated on how the only vlogged about two. Her need to up the drama (and her current situation is really heart-breaking on its own) makes my skin crawl!

I hope this won't double-post. I am new at actually posting something ;)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

kaymaroff wrote:I'm actually pleased they showed some footage from the hospital - it's real and it's painful and that's what women go through. It can make people feel less alone to be transparent.

Showing footage is transparent, but setting up scenes and making it seem more drawn out and elaborate is not. If people that are having to go through it are looking for info, I hope they don't find Ellie's vlog. It's a misrepresentation from a clinical perspective. E&J would have been gone only a few hours.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

gymchick43 wrote:Ellie before Invisalign at the bottom and after on the top. Idk why she needed to fix her teeth, really did make her look a bit different in an odd way, hate to say this but the top teeth look like the push out of her face more, and more prominent [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... e37fdf.jpg[/img]

I guess she wanted a smile like Jared's.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

greygoose wrote:I totally agree with ya'll on your observations regarding Jared, especially during the waiting room montage! I really try to remind myself that, of course, he is grieving too (I guess) and we cannot dictate how he is suppose to act. It's a very thin line for them to be sharing (and helping people who have experienced similiar situations) and them cashing in on tragedy. I am probably so reluctant because of past experiences with them being soooooo shitty about honesty, transparency etc.

Also, can we talk about how Ellie keeps saying this is the worst she has been through and how this one is "so much worse than the last one" (one, not oneS)? In the Instagram post where she talked about this being her third miscarriage, it wasn't even a typo or a slip. She elaborated on how the only vlogged about two. Her need to up the drama (and her current situation is really heart-breaking on its own) makes my skin crawl!

Oh most of us totally agree she's added on a miscarriage after the fact. I completely agree with everything you said.

And welcome Image
greygoose
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by greygoose »

HelloSweetie wrote:
greygoose wrote:I totally agree with ya'll on your observations regarding Jared, especially during the waiting room montage! I really try to remind myself that, of course, he is grieving too (I guess) and we cannot dictate how he is suppose to act. It's a very thin line for them to be sharing (and helping people who have experienced similiar situations) and them cashing in on tragedy. I am probably so reluctant because of past experiences with them being soooooo shitty about honesty, transparency etc.

Oh most of us totally agree she's added on a miscarriage after the fact. I completely agree with everything you said.

And welcome Image
Thanks, HelloSweetie! I have totally been lurking a while so I just wanted to add my agreement on the added third one. If only Ellie was a better liar. So inconsistent...
It breaks my heart that I mostly only feel this distrust. They really are in a terrible situation right now.
tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

Will these vlogs be advertiser friendly? Will they be able to monetize them ?

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tnchk1187 wrote:Will these vlogs be advertiser friendly? Will they be able to monetize them ?

They can definitely arrange their own sponsorships and product placements. They are making more money, not less.
pplove85
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pplove85 »

whys0seri0us wrote:
foreversoulmates wrote:Let's throw a tantrum and toss a 800 dollar camera at the wall!!! Seriously! I've had misscarriages. Grow up Ellie!
This is insensitive. Everyone reacts differently.

agreed
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote:I think Ellie crying after was the first time we've ever seen any real emotion from her. Ever.

The interesting thing was that she was crying because of the medication more than anything. She wanted Penny and was upset that someone couldn't go in with her.

When I read the title I thought maybe it related to her feeling alone now that she is t pregnant.... a common feeling! I should have known it was something else.
Really. Did she think it was like having a baby and someone could go in with her? No. Like you said, it's a sterile environment. Her ignorance has once again showing. She's got family members who have had surgery. Was she so self involved that she never noticed that nobody has someone in the OR with them? And now a bunch of 9 year olds will think her doctors were just mean for making her be alone.
And after all my years nursing, I agree with HS that Ellie wasn't so much "real and raw" as coming out of anesthesia. Her brother and sister have both had reactions like that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Maybe she's thinking it's like Joan or Missy having a still birth and having people there, but it is not the same. Completely different procedures, different protocols and the same standard for everyone. YTer or not.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

sostinkincute wrote:Can't drink coffee, but wants more pain pills.. ? Mormonism is so confusing..
Anyone know an approximate timestamp for this? I watched the whole vlog, but someone keeps ranting at me about politics, and I can't bear to re-watch the whole thing. I definitely have thoughts on the subject but don't want to jump the gun.

These MC vlogs have been so incredibly dramatic. I almost want to applaud them for transparency - as I believe Ellie's heartbreak is 100% genuine - but like other posters here, the fact that they're generating income from this is grossing me out. I also question the decision to have a vlog about the d&c... I can just imagine their tweenage viewers' curiosity and confusion.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

RecklessDisregard wrote:
sostinkincute wrote:Can't drink coffee, but wants more pain pills.. ? Mormonism is so confusing..
Anyone know an approximate timestamp for this? I watched the whole vlog, but someone keeps ranting at me about politics, and I can't bear to re-watch the whole thing. I definitely have thoughts on the subject but don't want to jump the gun.

These MC vlogs have been so incredibly dramatic. I almost want to applaud them for transparency - as I believe Ellie's heartbreak is 100% genuine - but like other posters here, the fact that they're generating income from this is grossing me out. I also question the decision to have a vlog about the d&c... I can just imagine their tweenage viewers' curiosity and confusion.
At the end she mentions wanting to take more pain pills.

Every D&C I've ever had they gave me Advil. I do t think she's taking anything more potent than that. The rules about coffee are weird, but I don't think that limits them from taking pain meds.
PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

Just watched the vlog today. I'm sorry, it is so strange to me that they would film going to get the D&C. They should take a few days off, but of course they won't because all of these miscarriage videos are probably bringing in the $$$

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I have a lot of reactions to that one.

The comments from Ellie about "rage" and denting the wall by throwing the camera and her giving the middle finger to the camera reminds me how much of a disconnect there is from reality and what they chose to portray on the vlogs. I thought she seemed to be handling things okay, but then you realize that you have no idea what's actually going on. I know plenty of normal people can have an angry response to something like this, but I do wonder how her narcissism and overall abusive personality is playing out behind the scenes.

And I agree that there's a big difference between filming things as they happen and staging things for the vlog.

Propping the camera up so that he can interact with his wife in front of the camera before she goes to have a really sad procedure is just so odd. I had a similar thought when the doctor was explaining the miscarriage to Ellie, and rather than comfort his wife and be a part of the moment, Jared was filming her crying. I'm not necessarily trying to blame Jared for their behavior, perhaps Ellie is so combative that he needs the distance created by filming in order to distance himself from her. But it just goes to show what a strange couple they are.

I think it was inappropriate to film her coming off the anesthesia. It's private and personal. I understand that she wasn't in her right mind and that lots of people cry when they're coming off anesthesia, but that was really raw and sad and I imagine that's an unguarded moment after the procedure where your emotions really come to the forefront. That thumbnail and the title are so exploitative that it makes you really realize that they are capitalizing on this.

Bonnie seems like a good sister.
foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

pplove85 wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote:
foreversoulmates wrote:Let's throw a tantrum and toss a 800 dollar camera at the wall!!! Seriously! I've had misscarriages. Grow up Ellie!
This is insensitive. Everyone reacts differently.

agreed
Insensitive... no.... throwing a camera and denting a wall is nonsense... But hey they seem to have money to waste since they are the ones making money off the misscarriage...
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

HashtagBlessed wrote:I have a lot of reactions to that one.

The comments from Ellie about "rage" and denting the wall by throwing the camera and her giving the middle finger to the camera reminds me how much of a disconnect there is from reality and what they chose to portray on the vlogs. I thought she seemed to be handling things okay, but then you realize that you have no idea what's actually going on. I know plenty of normal people can have an angry response to something like this, but I do wonder how her narcissism and overall abusive personality is playing out behind the scenes.

And I agree that there's a big difference between filming things as they happen and staging things for the vlog.

Propping the camera up so that he can interact with his wife in front of the camera before she goes to have a really sad procedure is just so odd. I had a similar thought when the doctor was explaining the miscarriage to Ellie, and rather than comfort his wife and be a part of the moment, Jared was filming her crying. I'm not necessarily trying to blame Jared for their behavior, perhaps Ellie is so combative that he needs the distance created by filming in order to distance himself from her. But it just goes to show what a strange couple they are.

I think it was inappropriate to film her coming off the anesthesia. It's private and personal. I understand that she wasn't in her right mind and that lots of people cry when they're coming off anesthesia, but that was really raw and sad and I imagine that's an unguarded moment after the procedure where your emotions really come to the forefront. That thumbnail and the title are so exploitative that it makes you really realize that they are capitalizing on this.

Bonnie seems like a good sister.
Throwing the camera suggests to me an anger with the vlogging. You wouldn't generally be mad about your life and throw your phone right? But you might if you're angry with the person on the phone.

One thing is certain for me, there is a lot more wrong in that home than just Ellie. Even Jackson seems more terse than usual, and I can see his personality changing. It's all very sad.

It bothers me that E&J are revelling in the sympathy but never seem to give the same to others. Do we really believe they pay for the fortune of others when they can't even help their family out? Bonnie just went through an emotional health scare as well, and I doubt Ellie even noticed that. She certainly never mentioned when Beau had surgery, or seemed concerned when Bonnie had her tonsillectomy recovery.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”