Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Unread post by Cgl33 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
kaymaroff wrote:I'm actually pleased they showed some footage from the hospital - it's real and it's painful and that's what women go through. It can make people feel less alone to be transparent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Showing footage is transparent, but setting up scenes and making it seem more drawn out and elaborate is not. If people that are having to go through it are looking for info, I hope they don't find Ellie's vlog. It's a misrepresentation from a clinical perspective. E&J would have been gone only a few hours.
This is where I'm at after watching that. Although I can relate to her being angry at the whole process. I don't blame her for throwing a camera even. Jared vlogging himself waiting in the waiting area is bizarre and meant to make a situation that didn't need to be more dramatic, more dramatic.

I was watching the footage from C&K about her precancerous mole. Gee, I wonder how differently Jared would have shot that had it been him or Ellie.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Or even Bonnie and her own pre cancerous lesion.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

canmom2 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Emmalinelola1 wrote: HelloSweetie, can you explain ur post in special snowflake language so I can understand? Ur posts always hit a home run to a thought I have after watching a vlog, so I'd like to know what u mean.....do u schedule d&c's or other fields of medicine procedures?Imagethank u!
Things must be done different here. My son had a small surgery.. dr was out in 15 mins but my son was gone for over 2 and 1/2 hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I schedule all the surgical procedures we have at our hospital and D&C's are unfortunately a very common Gyne procedure.
Your son would have been in recovery. Some surgeries require closer monitoring afterwards than others and that's probably what happened in your son's case. With a simple D&C, no extensive monitoring is required post surgery because a very mild amount of sedative and/or anaesthetic is administered. Thats why Ellie returned to her private room after waking. Trust me, she wouldn't have been gone hours. After all, they were home in the early afternoon because the boys were napping.
jillvstheworld
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jillvstheworld »

I know very little about miscarriage and D&C's, so can someone explain what Ellie was so upset about after the operation? She kept saying "I'm so mad they didn't let you come. They made me do it all by myself." Like, as far as I know, the only people who EVER are allowed in the OR are the patient, the surgeon, and the medical team. Is there something I'm missing? Would Jared normally have been allowed to go in there, or was that just the anesthesia talking?

Sorry if that's a dumb question. It just confused me haha.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

jillvstheworld wrote:I know very little about miscarriage and D&C's, so can someone explain what Ellie was so upset about after the operation? She kept saying "I'm so mad they didn't let you come. They made me do it all by myself." Like, as far as I know, the only people who EVER are allowed in the OR are the patient, the surgeon, and the medical team. Is there something I'm missing? Would Jared normally have been allowed to go in there, or was that just the anesthesia talking?

It was the drugs talking.
jillvstheworld
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jillvstheworld »

HelloSweetie wrote:
jillvstheworld wrote:I know very little about miscarriage and D&C's, so can someone explain what Ellie was so upset about after the operation? She kept saying "I'm so mad they didn't let you come. They made me do it all by myself." Like, as far as I know, the only people who EVER are allowed in the OR are the patient, the surgeon, and the medical team. Is there something I'm missing? Would Jared normally have been allowed to go in there, or was that just the anesthesia talking?

Thought so, thanks for clarifying!
clashingpiglet
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by clashingpiglet »

rachelmomma3 wrote:I can't even watch. Turn the camera off! It makes me sick that they set up the camera to film this stuff to make it even more dramatic. They are gross.

When I saw the video thumbnail... cringe. That isn't normal. Filming at the hospital during & immediately after the procedure... Its isn't like a tooth extraction where something funny might happen. Wtf. Oh, pause for a moment, we need a better camera angle... They can't even say for "their memories" on this one- they will NEVER forget. They can't really even justify it for "therapeutic reasons," they made that ish public. Vlogging the emotional breakdown immediately after the experience is tacky as hell. There's just no need for it. The morning before, sure. After you've decompressed a little, that seems totally appropriate. If there is some reason that makes filming the clips at the hospital appropriate & I'm just not seeing it... please, let me know. I can't for the life of me think of anything else but for views...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:

And her ignorance and special-ness. I really think she thought it would be like when she had Jackson and Cal-- that Jared could be there. Thank God he wasn't. Can you imagine?
But no, generally, nobody but the patient and the surgical team are allowed in the OR.

hellomydolly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hellomydolly »

I liked the part in today's vlog where they watched Spiderman and talked about it with Jackson. It felt like the old Ellie and Jared. I think this whole process might humble them slightly and bring them back down to earth, which can only be a good thing.
I think they now have to wait 6 months before trying again? Something like that anyway.
Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Emmalinelola1 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Jared waited so long he had time to drink a Coke? I schedule surgeries and the procedure from the time they go into the OR to the time they are out is 15-30 minutes.
HelloSweetie, can you explain ur post in special snowflake language so I can understand? Ur posts always hit a home run to a thought I have after watching a vlog, so I'd like to know what u mean.....do u schedule d&c's or other fields of medicine procedures?Imagethank u!

I schedule all the surgical procedures we have at our hospital and D&C's are unfortunately a very common Gyne procedure.
Thank you, HelloSweetie,
Well now I've learned more about you Image
Ur position must be hard to see such loss in multiple people on daily basis

ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

When I had my wisdom teeth taken out, I asked prior to the procedure if I could have them afterward. I wanted to see them. Well, I woke up afterward, and the assistant had already thrown them away. I cried half the way home.

I don't really want to watch the video after reading all the comments here, but I think my need-to-know attitude is getting the best of me lol about to watch it.

JVK19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JVK19 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
kaymaroff wrote:I'm actually pleased they showed some footage from the hospital - it's real and it's painful and that's what women go through. It can make people feel less alone to be transparent.

Showing footage is transparent, but setting up scenes and making it seem more drawn out and elaborate is not. If people that are having to go through it are looking for info, I hope they don't find Ellie's vlog. It's a misrepresentation from a clinical perspective. E&J would have been gone only a few hours.
Weird. When I had my d&c the whole procedure was probably an hour but we were at the hospital from 11pm-4am. Maybe every hospital is different or maybe every d&c is different. Mine was definitely long like Jared made Ellie's seem like. Also as someone had mentioned Ellie resting with the lights out. I don't think that was "staged" to be more dramatic. Again, when I had mine I had them turn the lights off while I was waiting to go in. The lights are so bright and when you are so emotionally drained you just want to sleep. I don't know. I see it differently

Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

Well they got what they wanted. They have 229k views so far. This is what bothers me the most. It is all about the business of making $$$. How very sad!!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

JVK19 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Weird. When I had my d&c the whole procedure was probably an hour but we were at the hospital from 11pm-4am. Maybe every hospital is different or maybe every d&c is different. Mine was definitely long like Jared made Ellie's seem like. Also as someone had mentioned Ellie resting with the lights out. I don't think that was "staged" to be more dramatic. Again, when I had mine I had them turn the lights off while I was waiting to go in. The lights are so bright and when you are so emotionally drained you just want to sleep. I don't know. I see it differently

Sometimes they take you into pre-op and then things happen, like the procedure before yours takes longer than planned, or they have an emergency. If you went in at 11, you weren't the first procedure of the day. So, they check you in, get your IV started, and then things can happen that make you take longer to get done. 11-4 really isn't that long a time for an outpatient procedure like that. But what HS and I were saying is that the _actual_ procedure, while Jared was waiting, probably wasn't very long. 15-30 minutes from the time they actually wheeled her into the OR to when he saw her come out and stuck the camera in her face. That's what seemed staged and overdramatic to me at least. Usually they will let someone stay with you in pre-op, before they actually take you back for the procedure.
Sorry if this is too far OT and hijacking the thread. Just trying to explain what a reasonable timeline would be.

twinnotwo71
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by twinnotwo71 »

I feel so bad for Ellie and Jared.

When she woke up from anesthesia, her reaction was a lot like Bonnie's when she had her tonsillectomy, although not as drawn out. Their brother, Beau, had a terrible reaction to anesthesia with knee surgery. I think it's a family thing. Some people can't handle the drugs as well as others.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:
JVK19 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Showing footage is transparent, but setting up scenes and making it seem more drawn out and elaborate is not. If people that are having to go through it are looking for info, I hope they don't find Ellie's vlog. It's a misrepresentation from a clinical perspective. E&J would have been gone only a few hours.

Sometimes they take you into pre-op and then things happen, like the procedure before yours takes longer than planned, or they have an emergency. If you went in at 11, you weren't the first procedure of the day. So, they check you in, get your IV started, and then things can happen that make you take longer to get done. 11-4 really isn't that long a time for an outpatient procedure like that. But what HS and I were saying is that the _actual_ procedure, while Jared was waiting, probably wasn't very long. 15-30 minutes from the time they actually wheeled her into the OR to when he saw her come out and stuck the camera in her face. That's what seemed staged and overdramatic to me at least. Usually they will let someone stay with you in pre-op, before they actually take you back for the procedure.
Sorry if this is too far OT and hijacking the thread. Just trying to explain what a reasonable timeline would be.

Exactly. Things can come up, but for the most part the time at hospital is only a few hrs.

And I will say again, they mentioned the buys were napping when they got home, so we know they weren't there all day long.
cynthiadancer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cynthiadancer »

For comparison purposes, here is C&K's vlog from the day of Katie's D&C. It's very different: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9kdKU9ivb8&t=403s
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

twinnotwo71 wrote:I feel so bad for Ellie and Jared.

When she woke up from anesthesia, her reaction was a lot like Bonnie's when she had her tonsillectomy, although not as drawn out. Their brother, Beau, had a terrible reaction to anesthesia with knee surgery. I think it's a family thing. Some people can't handle the drugs as well as others.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
Exactly. I think that what a lot of people are seeing as Ellie being upset and "raw and real", is actually her reaction to the anesthesia. Bonnie was bawling after her tonsillectomy. Beau had an emotional reaction as well.
NOT saying she wasn't actually upset, or didn't have a reason to be. Just that _some_ of the crying and wanting Penny of all creatures, was anesthesia, not so much her actual emotions. Yes, she has every reason to be sad and cry. But having a camera shoved in her face the minute she got to the recovery room, was likely to have her crying no matter what.
I am sounding like a really mean bitch, so I will stop now. I made my point. No need to keep repeating it.

Lillyy8657
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lillyy8657 »

Off topic but I think its crazy that Socialblade shows that Bonnie Hoellein and 8 passengers channels make more income than Ellie and Jared yet E&J seem to spend the most :-)
Lillyy8657
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lillyy8657 »

Also I totally feel like Jared is using this situation as an oppurtunity to catch back up to 8 passengers in view counts and its horrible.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”