E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Rullakebab
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Unread post by Rullakebab »

This is the Beau's INTENSE REACTION TO ANESTHESIA -video. You can still find it on their channel, the video is hidden but it shows up on their playlists. It's not that hard to find so I think it's ok to link the video.

whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

ImageImage

I hadn't noticed the shoe thing so I went back and watched it. She does bring him out without shoes on, but at some point they must have put them on him because he has them on in the moment with all four of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

That painting is driving me crazy lol, it's off center!

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

PumpkinHead wrote:That painting is driving me crazy lol, it's off center!

I thought the same thing!
stylesp1girl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by stylesp1girl »

minmouse wrote:This thread title is not cool. Some may feel this way but not all of us. I think it crosses a line.
I could not agree more. It is an insult to all women who have a loss. Also we need to keep in mind Ellie and Jared are real people as are those precious boys. Some may not like them but they are human beings! We need to treat them that way. I have a friend who is going through this right now who has tried for 12 years. She would find this title VERY insulting.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Returning to the talk about how Jackson shouldn't be Ellie's emotional support, she posted on IG about them laying in bed watching a move this morning. I really think that Jared should have sent the boys to Bonnie or his mom's house, or took them out to do something fun. I know it's hard, but life goes on, and it isn't fair for the boys to have to have to wallow along with their mother. They can't understand that sadness, and shouldn't have to carry the weight of it (and her own happiness) on their shoulders.

And yes I've been there so I do understand how hard it is for life to go on, but you still have to think of the remaining children's needs too.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Rullakebab wrote:This is the Beau's INTENSE REACTION TO ANESTHESIA -video. You can still find it on their channel, the video is hidden but it shows up on their playlists. It's not that hard to find so I think it's ok to link the video.

Omg I felt so scared for Emily.
lyddiebug
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lyddiebug »

HelloSweetie wrote:Returning to the talk about how Jackson shouldn't be Ellie's emotional support, she posted on IG about them laying in bed watching a move this morning. I really think that Jared should have sent the boys to Bonnie or his mom's house, or took them out to do something fun. I know it's hard, but life goes on, and it isn't fair for the boys to have to have to wallow along with their mother. They can't understand that sadness, and shouldn't have to carry the weight of it (and her own happiness) on their shoulders.

And yes I've been there so I do understand how hard it is for life to go on, but you still have to think of the remaining children's needs too.
Uggghhh...I felt so frustrated in today's vlog when they were talking about how the miscarriage took a toll on the whole family. Like, yes, it is terrible, and I feel very sorry for them, but that doesn't mean that their kids have to suffer.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Okay, I watched the latest episode (Ellisode?) of The Real Housecouple of Logan, UT. Jared is eating this shit up. I don't doubt that he wants more children and was excited about the pregnancy, but he is really into these overproduced vlogs and is probably elated that their subs and views are up and they are getting sympathy and/or positive reactions from most people, excluding a dozen or so posters here on YTMD. At least he is smart enough to say the right words, instead of carrying on about God giving them a bigger audience in lieu of a baby (I'm looking at you, Sam Rader).

Jared is putting effort into these videos and I think he is pleased and feels his efforts are being rewarded. I would bet the farm that he plans both the general tone and activities featured in the vlogs, well in advance. Like before he even got to the hospital, I'm positive that he planned to film himself pacing and sipping Dr. Pepper. Perhaps the newspaper was a spontaneous added bonus prop, but generally everything is planned out in minute detail. Ditto the anaesthesia scene. Even when the the boys were outside in today's vlog, Penny was playing, etc, these slowed-down shots are what I would expect in a "life affirming" scene from a B-movie. Or a religious propaganda type of production. He is not entirely unskilled at this, it's just very unsubtle.

I agree with the poster who suggested that throwing the camera was indicative of Ellie's feelings about vlogging. She was devastated and probably didn't want to film, but ultimately agreed to do it because Jared knew this type of footage would bring the views. I wonder if he frequently has to bargain with her to get her to film when she's not in the mood. She definitely loves the lifestyle YT has afforded her, so she goes along with it, but carries a lot of resentment.

In this vlog, more so than usual, I felt like the Ice Palace was on display. It's a tough time emotionally. I wonder if having a fairly luxurious home and lifestyle is a comfort to them? Not snarking, genuinely curious. Many of the hardest times in my life happened while I was living in poverty. I guess the loss of privacy is the price they pay for their home and lifestyle. I wonder if they think it's worth it.

I actually liked the painting, but I hated the frame. I've never heard that, about hanging frames lower than expected.

Agree that Ellie is parentalizing Jackson to fulfill her own emotional needs. That's a great term. Calvin gives zero shits, which I find really interesting and unexpected. He still seems about a year younger than his actual age IMO. But it's cute how he mimics and wants to follow Jackson around. I wish Ellie would go to therapy and do some reading, because her influence in the family doesn't just impact her kids separately, it can also affect their relationships with one another and even their future partners.

BTW, Jared missed a piece of popcorn when he vacuumed. It was under the edge of the couch. I wonder if he picked it up later.

Of course Lincoln was eating sand. Lol, that kid is something else!

I am jealous of their crisp, cool fall weather. I want to wear flannel and boots and light a fire.
randomaccounttbh
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by randomaccounttbh »

I actually cringed at the montage today, it was the part where Jared was waiting in the waiting room alone. i just felt that everything he did, the lounging, the sitting sideways, the PACING, was so deliberate I could almost hear the voices in his head "what should I do to add dramatic effect?" None of it seemed real, it was like watching an audition where they told Jared to "act anxious and worried". Yuck.
Acbsktbll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Acbsktbll »

Off topic but did the bumps ever say anything about all this?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Acbsktbll wrote:Off topic but did the bumps ever say anything about all this?

As far as I know, not publicly, but I don't follow their social media very closely. Blocked on IG.
I think they are too busy pretending June is their daughter.
Of course, they may have said something privately. But they are supposed to be bestest best friends, and just saw each other for a "best friend reunion" last week. And they all live their lives on social media. So it's odd not to say _anything_. Especially since they got their start capitalizing on their losses.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

lmmomSD wrote:
Acbsktbll wrote:Off topic but did the bumps ever say anything about all this?

As far as I know, not publicly, but I don't follow their social media very closely. Blocked on IG.
I think they are too busy pretending June is their daughter.
Of course, they may have said something privately. But they are supposed to be bestest best friends, and just saw each other for a "best friend reunion" last week. And they all live their lives on social media. So it's odd not to say _anything_. Especially since they got their start capitalizing on their losses.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Bryan commented a heart on Ellie's most recent post but that's it publicly.

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

Many of you guys hit the nail on the head with my thoughts on handling the miscarriage and hospital footage so I won't add to it.
But on the picture (yes it is off center to me too lol) I don't know what I would do if a friend did such a kind gesture of paining a huge picture and I didn't like it. It's not like you want to hang it prominently. If the friend never visits, honestly it wouldn't go up.
And I know gold is the new thing but I have always thought gold was garish and didn't like it the last time it was popular. I think it's the gold like the frame they picked though. That's the one I really do not like.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

KaterTot wrote:Many of you guys hit the nail on the head with my thoughts on handling the miscarriage and hospital footage so I won't add to it.
But on the picture (yes it is off center to me too lol) I don't know what I would do if a friend did such a kind gesture of paining a huge picture and I didn't like it. It's not like you want to hang it prominently. If the friend never visits, honestly it wouldn't go up.
And I know gold is the new thing but I have always thought gold was garish and didn't like it the last time it was popular. I think it's the gold like the frame they picked though. That's the one I really do not like.
I'm pretty sure Ellie said that she hired her friend to make that. The friend gifted them a smaller version though.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Wow. That video made me cry a lot. Jared ruins a lot of moments with the set-up and dramatic montage music... and when Ellie is trying to convey her feelings, Jared chimes in with some explanation of looking on the brighter side, or whatever it may be, which comes off as discounting her feelings or at least not allowing her to even try to convey them even in her illiterate Ellie way. Jared is so cringe.

Disgust aside, it was sad to see Ellie go through that. I'd feel sad seeing any YouTuber/person go through that. I think it's an over-documentation of moments that should be kept more private... but that's YouTube. They're always setting up waiting for the big moneymaker moment.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

I'd rather them exploit themselves than their kids. That said, I have not watched the footage to see what all the fuss is about.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Am I the only one that would have picked up the bigger pieces of popcorn before vacuuming? Of all things in this vlog that bothered me the most :p

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

There’s just something about setting up multiple cameras to get artistic angles, and editing it all together in a scene, that just goes against everything vlogging was supposed to be about. It used to be a video diary of sorts, now it’s an over-produced reality TV show. I just have to roll my eyes every time we get a shot that is so clearly staged. I start to imagine them setting up the camera, doing the “scene” and then picking up the camera and staging it somewhere else to get a different angle. That’s all I can think about when they have these staged montages- like Jared vacuuming. I understand that they are trying to make the mundane interesting, but I can’t help but laugh thinking about how long it took Jared to walk down the stairs, vacuum the peanuts, etc. because he decided he could film it in a creative way. It’s not about living your life at that point- it’s about producing a show.
Spillthattea
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Spillthattea »

Just playing catch up on their thread and I've seen something to do with Ellie's treatment of someone at Walmart mentioned a couple of times, can somebody please fill me in on that? I haven't been keeping up with them for very long.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”