Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Defuego wrote:I do indeed have 5 dogs, and am a dog trainer.
And you have young children and also allow the dogs indoors?

As a trainer I'm sure it's a lot easier for you. Saying everyone should have a dog and implying it is selfish not to seems a lot like saying someone is lazy if they only have one child. I just think it's better to only take on what you feel you can properly handle, even if it isn't on keeping with what everyone thinks you should/shouldn't do.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Defuego wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I am a huge animal lover and even my dog tries my patience most days. Having a yard doesn't mean you have to get a dog. Actually, it's harder to have a nice yard when you have a dog. They are a lot of work, and I'm glad Bonnie is self aware to see past the cuteness of a dog and see that one wouldn't be right for their family right now. A yorkie would get hurt (Boston, Linc), and a big dog would be a lot of work.

E&J got a dog and got one for all the wrong reasons. I would rather someone think like Bonnie than Ellie.

Just because Olivia wants a dog, doesn't mean they should get one.
Well of course not. You don't get everything your child wants. However I believe all children deserve a pet at some point in life. Owning a pet is a great learning experience for kids. I think they would all do great with a dog. Bonnie is not Ellie and Joel is not Jared. They have a nice large yard that is a dogs dream. When you're a good owner and train your dog, it's not going to make a difference in the yard. The only thing would be poop, and poop scooping would be a good chore for Olivia and Cody, and all Boston & Lincoln when they're older. Bonnie is depriving them of this experience because of her own selfishness.

Edit to add: As an owner of 3 big dogs an 2 small dogs (under 10 pounds) I disagree that big dogs are a lot of work. But they don't have to get a big or small dog. There are plenty of medium breed dogs to choose from.
I have a medium breed dog... a beagle, and she is a lot of work. I have to make sure the poop is picked up, and that food is out of her reach. I have to ensure the doors and yard are always secure, and with kids this can be hard. There is paying for boarding while away, proper food, medical care/insurance, etc. To me it is a lot of work, and I've always had a dog. For someone that hasn't had a dog of their own, I think it would seem like a lot of work.

Plus I don't think Joel has ever expressed an interest in having a dog. I don't think he's even ever talked about having one as a kid?
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I am one who isn't 100% against outdoor dogs. I live in rural Georgia and know tons of people with outdoor dogs. However B&j live in Utah where it snows for many months out of the year. It is not suitable to have an outdoor dog in that weather. I agree that the children would love a dog, they love playing with penny and Ruby's dog.

As someone who is a huge dog lover and grew up with dogs it makes me incredibly sad that there are people who don't like them and don't want them. It also makes me sad that there are children that grow up without the experience of having a dog. You cannot force someone to like them or want them though. I have a feeling Bonnie would have absolutely no patience for one. A small non shedding dog that is also family friendly would be a perfect addition for them if she really wanted one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

[/quote]

They have a perfect yard for a dog to enjoy, but I think Bonnie is too obsessed with her house being spotless for them to ever get one. I could see Joel and the kids loving a dog- Bonnie, not so much.[/quote]

Honestly since I began watching the vlogs, everytime I see that yard I think damn, I'd kill for a yard like that for my dogs. It really would be a nice yard for a dog. And ONE dog is not going to change the upkeep too much. I think a dog would be a good choice for them if Bonnie could get over her perfectionist ways..unfortunaly I just don't see that happening. It's Bonnie ruining it for all of them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I'm confused. If she doesn't particularly like dogs, or doesn't think right now would be a good time to get a dog, why should the family get one? I have had 2 dogs and I loved them very much but they were a lot of work. I wouldn't get one just because it might be nice for my kids if I didn't think I could handle it. A poorly trained, unhappy dog can make for a very unhappy family.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

natalka81 wrote:I'm confused. If she doesn't particularly like dogs, or doesn't think right now would be a good time to get a dog, why should the family get one? I have had 2 dogs and I loved them very much but they were a lot of work. I wouldn't get one just because it might be nice for my kids if I didn't think I could handle it. A poorly trained, unhappy dog can make for a very unhappy family.
Exactly. I loooove my dog, and my kids have grown up with dogs. But. Not all people are dog people. And that's ok. Yes pets are a wonderful experience for children, but they're not deprived if they grow up without a dog. Bonnie, Ruby and Ellie obviously don't think of dogs as family members. I honestly don't even know why Ruby has one! I think it's much better for them not to have one than to get one and treat it like her sisters do.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I don't think it's selfish or wrong for Bonnie to not want a dog. Not everybody is a dog person, and it's better in the end to know that about yourself, acknowledge your own limitations, and leave dog ownership to people who really love dogs. I don't even know that it's 100% about housekeeping, although that is of course a major consideration.

Bonnie doesn't like criticism and getting a dog would heap tons of it on her... Because we know Bonnie, at this point. She isn't going to have an indoor dog, she is never going to visit dog parks or board a dog in daycare while on vacation. She isn't going to take the dog for checkups or the groomers'. She isn't going to buy high quality food and give the dog medicine if it gets sick, or dote on it when it's old. The kids, especially the younger ones, would be hard on the dog. If she wanted something else to take care of, she would have another baby, which she actually does want, not get a dog. I mean, Bonnie comes from a family where the children RODE their dog and then posted it on the internet, because they don't see anything wrong with it. She doesn't need a dog. Neither does Ruby.

I don't think the children are in any way deprived just because they don't have a dog. Pets can be great for kids, but that doesn't mean it's automatically good for every family. I think Bonnie's kids have a great life. They have siblings, neighbor kids, and cousins to play with. They are empathetic and kind-hearted and happy. And they'll have the rest of their lives to get a dog.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I am totally a dog person. My dog is spoiled like crazy. But it's a huge commitment and it's not for everyone. I actually respect Bonnie for knowing her limits, a dog would be too much and I'm glad to see she isn't getting one because it completes the perfect family image (cough, Ellie, cough).
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

No one should get a dog just because it's a great experience for the kids. They're not there to be a great experience, they're meant to be family. Dogs are around for a very long time and people should only have dogs if they're willing to love them and care for them for the next decade or so, because they are hard work. Again, they're family. No one should have a baby just because they have enough room for one, and the way I see it it's the same for a dog.

Coming from someone who's had around 15 dogs total throughout my childhood (not all at the same time), so definitely a dog lover. Also had my own beagle after getting married, who sadly passed away earlier this year. My daughter loved her dearly and we could all benefit from getting another dog, but we know it's just not right for us right now.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

lol I'd want to talk more shit if Bonnie did suddenly get a dog!!!! She doesn't seem like a dog person at all. It's smart not to. I love my yorkie, and my children are great with him, but when he's gone... BYE (he's very old). It'll be nice only caring for my children, and. It dealing with the responsibilities of a pet. I can't even fathom that+ 4 kids.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

The shelters are filled with dogs because people get them for the wrong reasons. Bonnie should not get a dog if she is not a dog person. I love my dogs and have had dogs all my life. They are a commitment. My day starts with their needs and ends with their needs.

Natxo
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Natxo »

Do you guys here like Bonnie or not? I've only watched a few videos and the first impressions of them are good imo.. Her and Joel seem like nice people and good parents, and the kids look well behaved and happy. I mean compared to JESS and her crew this family is miles ahead... but I just wanted to know what you people here think of her overall
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Natxo wrote:Do you guys here like Bonnie or not? I've only watched a few videos and the first impressions of them are good imo.. Her and Joel seem like nice people and good parents, and the kids look well behaved and happy. I mean compared to JESS and her crew this family is miles ahead... but I just wanted to know what you people here think of her overall
I like her. She and Joel have one of the few really genuinely loving relationships on YouTube. She definitely makes decisions I don't agree with, and sometimes seems to be letting the money guide her choices, rather than what might be best for her children. But she is a loving, involved parent. She doesn't seem to care as much as I would like her to about safety, but all in all, she is one of my favorite YouTubers. And I don't like many. My daughter is the vlog watcher. I just look on in stunned amazement most of the time.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

RecklessDisregard wrote:I don't think it's selfish or wrong for Bonnie to not want a dog. Not everybody is a dog person, and it's better in the end to know that about yourself, acknowledge your own limitations, and leave dog ownership to people who really love dogs. I don't even know that it's 100% about housekeeping, although that is of course a major consideration.

Bonnie doesn't like criticism and getting a dog would heap tons of it on her... Because we know Bonnie, at this point. She isn't going to have an indoor dog, she is never going to visit dog parks or board a dog in daycare while on vacation. She isn't going to take the dog for checkups or the groomers'. She isn't going to buy high quality food and give the dog medicine if it gets sick, or dote on it when it's old. The kids, especially the younger ones, would be hard on the dog. If she wanted something else to take care of, she would have another baby, which she actually does want, not get a dog. I mean, Bonnie comes from a family where the children RODE their dog and then posted it on the internet, because they don't see anything wrong with it. She doesn't need a dog. Neither does Ruby.

I don't think the children are in any way deprived just because they don't have a dog. Pets can be great for kids, but that doesn't mean it's automatically good for every family. I think Bonnie's kids have a great life. They have siblings, neighbor kids, and cousins to play with. They are empathetic and kind-hearted and happy. And they'll have the rest of their lives to get a dog.
Great minds think alike!

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I don't think they should get a dog if they won't care for it properly, but I can't help but feel for Olivia. She'd do so well with a dog of her own. Maybe when she's older and able to take care of it by herself, because she's just so sweet and she's got a lot of love..

I guess it's just because I remember being her age and wanting pets. Ijust knew I needed a dog in my life, and now I'll never be without one
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I don't get the dog debate. Not everyone is a dog person, and who lets their 8 year old dictate these things? Don't we criticize other vloggers for just this? There are cat people and dog people.... not everyone is cut out to have pets. A lot of people don't give them the proper care and attention. Deciding to not have an animal because you know you can't give them that isn't selfish imo, but responsible. Olivia isn't going to put the work in paying for a dog and taking care of it, and a yorkie would be inappropriate for their home right now. Olivia is 8 and isn't thinking past the fact that a yorkie would be a baby dog.

Would people be as annoyed if the argument was that every child deserves a cat? I know a lot of dog people dislike cats, but they are easier.
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

Bonnie is not mean for not wanting a dog. I think with her tendencies to have everything neat and nice she would probably be on edge all of the time with a dog. Let's face it, it is usually the parents who end up taking care of everything with the dog when the new wears off so therefore it should be the parent's decision on pets, always.
I wasn't allowed inside pets my whole childhood. As an Adult I have an inside dog and always have since I left home. I didn't suffer from it, it was just my parent's preference not to have a dog in their home. Totally their call. I had outside pets though.

ETA: I have a Yorkie and no way are they for households with so many small rambunctious children. They are very fragile and not toys. I love those boys but Lincoln especially would probably unintentionally hurt it.

And on the jewelery thing Bonnie was hocking, anyone else grossed out by sharing earrings? I don't know, just seems gross to me. I have always felt that way about them
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

KaterTot wrote:Bonnie is not mean for not wanting a dog. I think with her tendencies to have everything neat and nice she would probably be on edge all of the time with a dog. Let's face it, it is usually the parents who end up taking care of everything with the dog when the new wears off so therefore it should be the parent's decision on pets, always.
I wasn't allowed inside pets my whole childhood. As an Adult I have an inside dog and always have since I left home. I didn't suffer from it, it was just my parent's preference not to have a dog in their home. Totally their call. I had outside pets though.

ETA: I have a Yorkie and no way are they for households with so many small rambunctious children. They are very fragile and not toys. I love those boys but Lincoln especially would probably unintentionally hurt it.

And on the jewelery thing Bonnie was hocking, anyone else grossed out by sharing earrings? I don't know, just seems gross to me. I have always felt that way about them
I agree about the safety of a Yorkie and that was my point exactly.

I honestly didn't understand how that jewelry service was supposed to work at all. If it's sharing earrings, then yes that's disgusting. Though I imagine they would have to be sterilized between uses. I know jewelry designers loan out jewelry to celebrities so sharing is done.
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

HelloSweetie wrote:
KaterTot wrote:Bonnie is not mean for not wanting a dog. I think with her tendencies to have everything neat and nice she would probably be on edge all of the time with a dog. Let's face it, it is usually the parents who end up taking care of everything with the dog when the new wears off so therefore it should be the parent's decision on pets, always.

I honestly didn't understand how that jewelry service was supposed to work at all. If it's sharing earrings, then yes that's disgusting. Though I imagine they would have to be sterilized between uses. I know jewelry designers loan out jewelry to celebrities so sharing is done.

Yep I know they have to sterilize there is just not enough sterilization in the world for me. lol
And I think it works like that clothes one, where you pay so much a month, they send clothes you wear them a month and send them back? That's so weird too. At the price they are it's cheaper to buy clothes and wear them for months and then just donate them or use a consignment store at home. I guess I am a cheapskate. ;)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

KaterTot wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Yep I know they have to sterilize there is just not enough sterilization in the world for me. lol
And I think it works like that clothes one, where you pay so much a month, they send clothes you wear them a month and send them back? That's so weird too. At the price they are it's cheaper to buy clothes and wear them for months and then just donate them or use a consignment store at home. I guess I am a cheapskate. ;)
Ugh. It would creep me out to share clothes like that too.

All these monthly services seem like such a careless waste of fuel (delivery process) and excess package waste. I just can't get on board with any of them.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”