workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KKButtOnDisplay | Part 9

Unread post by workinprogress »

Rkp65i wrote:
workinprogress wrote:I swear if Keren gets Jackson a sombrero for his party, their channel is done for. This theme itself is a little risky already being that it could be borderline offensive for some Hispanic/Latinx viewers. I'm not either of those, so honestly I could be totally wrong, but I do have a minor in Spanish so I learned quite a bit about those cultures. Hopefully they just make it a fiesta in the literal sense and don't start appropriating cultures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its 2017, people get offended if you wear pink. The whole thing lame about their party is that its for a 2 yr old who doesnt even know what a fiesta is.
The fiesta theme isn't appropriated, but sombreros were designed by the Guadalajara as a symbol of strength and power. It's kinda like how "celebrating" Cinco de Mayo isn't "bad" if you're not Mexican, but don't go trotting around with a fake mustache and sombrero (all of this info came from my Mexican roommate btw). I never disagreed with anyone about how it's just a dumb theme to pick for a 2 year old, though. It's stupid, and could be executed in a way that might piss off some viewers that are of those cultures. They should've stuck with dinosaurs.

workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

What's also funny is that she's making a party that has the theme of "party". Like that's not even a theme

workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Idkhihello wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... fa508b.jpg[/img]

Omg she's going to copy that 100% and play it off as if she's "sooooo creative"

Idkhihello
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Idkhihello »

workinprogress wrote:

lol sorry but as a modern mom, tons of women get bday party ideas off of Pinterest. No one is creative nowadays and I think it just goes without saying. I just hope she doesn't make the whole day about herself. I love when they vlog the babies more than themselves. She talks too much.

Also, a little off topic but couldn't you guys tell the difference when they were visiting OK and how great Kyra was with BOTH her own kids and KK's boys? That was when it was dead obvious that Keren only cares about her own children but mostly herself haha. I hate when they go "who's the cutest baby in the world?!" to Jackson.

Rosiex3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Rosiex3 »

Idkhihello wrote:
workinprogress wrote:

lol sorry but as a modern mom, tons of women get bday party ideas off of Pinterest. No one is creative nowadays and I think it just goes without saying. I just hope she doesn't make the whole day about herself. I love when they vlog the babies more than themselves. She talks too much.

Also, a little off topic but couldn't you guys tell the difference when they were visiting OK and how great Kyra was with BOTH her own kids and KK's boys? That was when it was dead obvious that Keren only cares about her own children but mostly herself haha. I hate when they go "who's the cutest baby in the world?!" to Jackson.

YES and YES! Being creative over a party shouldn't be a debate bc themes are CONSTANTLY overused it's not a big deal. So getting an idea from Pinterest ain't the worst thing in the world lol!

Also I noticed that too! Kyra really loves Keren's little boys! I don't think I have seen a vlog where she's not holding Landon during KK's visit. Keren on the other hand.... I found it weird how she didn't really interact with Levi and Alaya as much as Kyra did with Keren's boys.

Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

Pinterest for the win (most of the time).
Chichi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Chichi »

Jackson fell off of his big boy bed already and had a restless night too... What was the reason for not transitioning him into an appropriate size bed vs queen?
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

the reason keren didnt interact with levi and alaya is bc she barely interacts with her own kids or any other kids. Shes so painfully awkward around other people's kids like prem's kids and even her own niece and nephew. shes just not good with kids
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

Chichi wrote:Jackson fell off of his big boy bed already and had a restless night too... What was the reason for not transitioning him into an appropriate size bed vs queen?
Official reason: using J's room as the guest room now that Wyatt is in the loft.
Real reason: Casper sent them a free mattress. I don't think they make toddler sizes or if they could choose.

Either way, skipping the toddler bed makes financial sense but most people who do this go though a "mattress on the floor" transition phase.
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

This fiesta theme reminds me of a tacky frat house party lol. This is like when white people go all out and celebrate cinco de mayo it's so cringeworthy.
Chichi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Chichi »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:the reason keren didnt interact with levi and alaya is bc she barely interacts with her own kids or any other kids. Shes so painfully awkward around other people's kids like prem's kids and even her own niece and nephew. shes just not good with kids
Spot on!! Painfully awkward... It's actually quite sad to see the lack of warmth in her interactions with her niece and nephew, as well as with her sister...
ckks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ckks »

Rosiex3 wrote:
Idkhihello wrote:
workinprogress wrote: Omg she's going to copy that 100% and play it off as if she's "sooooo creative"

YES and YES! Being creative over a party shouldn't be a debate bc themes are CONSTANTLY overused it's not a big deal. So getting an idea from Pinterest ain't the worst thing in the world lol!

Also I noticed that too! Kyra really loves Keren's little boys! I don't think I have seen a vlog where she's not holding Landon during KK's visit. Keren on the other hand.... I found it weird how she didn't really interact with Levi and Alaya as much as Kyra did with Keren's boys.

and when she did, it seemed SO FORCED.

Idkhihello
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Idkhihello »

ckks wrote:
Rosiex3 wrote:
Idkhihello wrote: lol sorry but as a modern mom, tons of women get bday party ideas off of Pinterest. No one is creative nowadays and I think it just goes without saying. I just hope she doesn't make the whole day about herself. I love when they vlog the babies more than themselves. She talks too much.

and when she did, it seemed SO FORCED.

Like when she was saying bye to them before leaving for the airport lol so fake.

In today's vlog: I feel like packing the babies up and taking them somewhere.... *goes to Starbucks drive thru* wtf. Seriously thought she was about to take them to the park or something fun for the babies and not something for HERSELF.

Also I can't stand how she acts like a baby around Khoa. She does one nice thing and acts like she's the cutest gf in the world. Uhh make him some dinner honey.

Rosiex3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Rosiex3 »

Unknowngirly wrote:This fiesta theme reminds me of a tacky frat house party lol. This is like when white people go all out and celebrate cinco de mayo it's so cringeworthy.

HAHA I was thinking the same thing lol. Like a really bad college party

ckks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ckks »

everything seems so fake with them. LOL @ today's vlog and her wafting the smell down the hall and then he walks in immediately asking about the smell. just the way he did that seemed so staged. is anything authentic with them?

Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

Rosiex3 wrote:
Unknowngirly wrote:This fiesta theme reminds me of a tacky frat house party lol. This is like when white people go all out and celebrate cinco de mayo it's so cringeworthy.

HAHA I was thinking the same thing lol. Like a really bad college party

I'm half expecting to see a beer pong table set up in the background.
Rkp65i
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Rkp65i »

Yesss. Reminds me of an episode of Laguna Beach where Alex & Kristin have a fiesta and Kristin makes out with a guy her best friend likes. Hahahah
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

i think its so gross how keren always has scars and scabs from picking at her skin and pimples. Her skin looks so bad. With her money she should invest in proper skincare
cec816
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cec816 »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:i think its so gross how keren always has scars and scabs from picking at her skin and pimples. Her skin looks so bad. With her money she should invest in proper skincare
It does :/ Every time she gets close to the camera it's hard not to notice the crows feet around her eyes after someone said it on here lol :/ Since she has so much money, why doesn't she go get some facials or something?
Rkp65i
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Rkp65i »

cec816 wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:i think its so gross how keren always has scars and scabs from picking at her skin and pimples. Her skin looks so bad. With her money she should invest in proper skincare
It does :/ Every time she gets close to the camera it's hard not to notice the crows feet around her eyes after someone said it on here lol :/ Since she has so much money, why doesn't she go get some facials or something?
What makes us think they have "all this money" I think they just have bad spending habits. Sure theyre not hurting financially but Khoa still has to work for them to live.

Return to “KKandBabyJ”