C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Sorry to go back to the previous topic, but I'm just curious. Did they do these "desensitizing" stunts with Gaines when she was a baby? I'm kind of remembering them being a little too over protective, and in turn, Gaines was extra sensitive and scared about anything out of the norm. I view Cullen doing all these stunts with Brooks (while I don't think he's going about it the right way & is also motivated by trying to create content...) as him trying to avoid putting Brooks in the same bubble as Gaines was. I remember Cullen, at times, seeming slightly frustrated with how Gaines was scared of everything.

Please correct me if I'm remembering incorrectly! It's honestly a vague memory, so I'm not sure if my point is valid or not. Haha
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I do kinda remember her being afraid of a lot of things-- the merry go round, for example. But I just think that there are ways to "desensitize" your child. And I don't think he especially _needs_ to be desensitized to someone jumping out at him wearing a scary mask at age 14 months. My daughter still finds that scary at 23, but it doesn't keep her from enjoying life. And if they want to use the leaf blower, how about starting it outside, and slowly move it closer while someone let's him know it's ok? Not plopping him on the ground and firing it up. I mean how about a little common sense?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:I do kinda remember her being afraid of a lot of things-- the merry go round, for example. But I just think that there are ways to "desensitize" your child. And I don't think he especially _needs_ to be desensitized to someone jumping out at him wearing a scary mask at age 14 months. My daughter still finds that scary at 23, but it doesn't keep her from enjoying life. And if they want to use the leaf blower, how about starting it outside, and slowly move it closer while someone let's him know it's ok? Not plopping him on the ground and firing it up. I mean how about a little common sense?

Yeah, I fully agree with you. If I'm remembering correctly with how they were with Gaines, it's like they're going from one extreme to the other. I also wonder if gender has anything to do with it, or if it's more of a first child/second child thing. (Also, when I say "they" I guess I really just mean Cullen, haha. Katie isn't striking me as different in the way she's handled each of them.)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I think gender could absolutely have something to do with it. Cullen gets upset when Brooks doesn't have his hair "cool" enough, FFS. Can't have a "sissy" for a son.
And for all the people who say Cullen was joking about Brooks' hair-- he may have been joking, but Katie hasn't fixed Brooks' hair like that since then!

workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

[/quote]Thanks. Good to know.
So, if the fall stuff is out at Bath and Body Works, does that mean Sweater Weather is out again? Love that scent!
(Sorry for the OT BBW drooling)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yes, I saw Sweater Weather.
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... a89c10.png[/img] was looking up baby names for no reason and look what popped up for preppy boy names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

I was going to post this in the E+J thread, but I feel it might be more appropriate here.

For those of you who don't know the background: Ellie and Jared have created an entire production out of their miscarriage process. The production has (very obviously) been a ploy for views/subscribers/sponsorships (money, basically).

I find it incredibly ironic that C&K had beef with Sam and Nia for doing the very same thing, and having the very same mentality/intentions as E+J (although E+J haven't declared it like Sam did). What do you guys think C&K's stance is on this? They're in the industry too; they know how this all works. There's no way they haven't discussed it without any snark. Thoughts?

P.S. Katie's condolences to them via vlog were recorded/uploaded prior to this production getting out of hand. With this in mind, I can't help but wonder if C&K's support/view has changed since E+J's initial announcement video.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

lmmomSD wrote:I do kinda remember her being afraid of a lot of things-- the merry go round, for example. But I just think that there are ways to "desensitize" your child. And I don't think he especially _needs_ to be desensitized to someone jumping out at him wearing a scary mask at age 14 months. My daughter still finds that scary at 23, but it doesn't keep her from enjoying life. And if they want to use the leaf blower, how about starting it outside, and slowly move it closer while someone let's him know it's ok? Not plopping him on the ground and firing it up. I mean how about a little common sense?

I agree! I think it's definitely necessary to desensitize your child from some things, I remember Gaines was like terrified of rain not too long ago? Totally appropriate in that situation, given her age and how smart she was to understand. However, the leaf blower and a Halloween mask? He's 1 years old. I could list all the things that made my daughters cry when they were 1 (the ice machine noise from the fridge, the vacuum, the blender) but I never made a deal about it because they were 1. They're 5 now and obviously grew out of those irrational fears as they aged. Putting your baby right next to a loud piece of machinery and then firing it up is going to be a scary and the only reaction Brooks can make right now to tell them he is scared is crying.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I was going to post this in the E+J thread, but I feel it might be more appropriate here.

For those of you who don't know the background: Ellie and Jared have created an entire production out of their miscarriage process. The production has (very obviously) been a ploy for views/subscribers/sponsorships (money, basically).

I find it incredibly ironic that C&K had beef with Sam and Nia for doing the very same thing, and having the very same mentality/intentions as E+J (although E+J haven't declared it like Sam did). What do you guys think C&K's stance is on this? They're in the industry too; they know how this all works. There's no way they haven't discussed it without any snark. Thoughts?

P.S. Katie's condolences to them via vlog were recorded/uploaded prior to this production getting out of hand. With this in mind, I can't help but wonder if C&K's support/view has changed since E+J's initial announcement video.
That's a really good question. I think either Katie is naive enough to believe their "friends" over skeptics, or they gave them a pass since E&J were/are a good source of subscribers for them. Were they ever good friends with Sam and Nia?

There's something we're not privy to between these vloggers that makes them want to stay friends even though they probably wouldn't be if they didn't have YouTube in common, even if they lived in the same town.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I was going to post this in the E+J thread, but I feel it might be more appropriate here.

I think that C and especially K, still feel badly for E&J, bc they are going though the loss of a pregnancy. I don't think that underlying grief for them would change, just bc they have been there and they know how hard it is. (Notice the difference in Katie's video this time and the last time when Ellie got her period and claimed it was a miscarriage. I feel like Katie knew just like we did that she just got her period last time. This time she was heartbroken for them, although maybe some of her emotion was over David's father as well...) BUT... that being said, i would love to know how they feel about the whole 5 star production Jared is making this miscarriage out to be out YT. I feel like they are side eyeing this crazy circus act that E&J are putting on. But they would never say it on camera.
C&K have been in E&J's shoes, while being on youtube and went about it in a normal way... They sat down, talked and cried about it and then went on with life. (This is purely the YT side of this, not emotionally. I'm sure they didn't have a "life goes on" disconnect with the losses they had, nor would i expect anyone too.. Katie is still struggling with it. I'm only talking youtube wise, the way videos were done) I'm POSITIVE they have a lot to say behind closed doors about how their friends are acting, but i also think that they are classy enough to keep their mouth shut about it bc they know how hard it is to be in their place and wouldnt dare say anything to them about it.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:

That's a really good question. I think either Katie is naive enough to believe their "friends" over skeptics, or they gave them a pass since E&J were/are a good source of subscribers for them. Were they ever good friends with Sam and Nia?

There's something we're not privy to between these vloggers that makes them want to stay friends even though they probably wouldn't be if they didn't have YouTube in common, even if they lived in the same town.

I never knew who Sam and Nia were until the shit hit the fan with Cullen and Sam and i had been watching C&K for several years at that point already, i don't think they were ever friends.

I wonder if the friendships with E&J and B&M hinge solely on the fact that they have YT in common. Sounds like common sense, but what i mean is that they dont have a lot of people around them that are in the same boat as them. If E&J didn't have youtube in common with C&K i highly doubt they would be friends at all. I think it really boils down to finding people that you can relate too. Like with all of us here we have friends that are the same as we are. They work a 9-5 or they are SAHP, we connect over our kids at ballgames, or at school functions. Complain about the same things bc we can't get to a 4:30 ball practice if we work until 5... things like that. I feel like C&K have E&J/B&M as friends bc they have careers in common and thats it. C&K have quite a few friends that we see on a regular basis that are not on yt, and out of all 3 families, i feel like they have the MOST friends outside of YT. Take for example the kids birthday parties, C&K's house is filled with family and friends, some of them we have seen on vlogs before and others we don't know, have never seen more than a few time. makes me think that they are capable of making and keeping friends who are not on YT. (Hell, the Halloween party alone, you won't see another vlogging family other than her sister! And that's what? 13-14 +/- years going strong now?) Then you have B&M who have random parties though out the year... but guess who the guest list is made 100% of?? Other vloggers and YT'ers, they are incapable of keeping friends outside that circle. I feel like C&K have vlogger friends bc they need and want a few "work friends" who they can bounce idea off and talk shop with... But they have a healthy balance of "real" friends" that are there for the long haul. E&J and B&M don't really have those real friends like that.. they have vlogger friends and paid lackeys.. thats really it!
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Katie was visiting them when Ellie was pregnant and had other things on weighing her mind as well

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Were they really being serious when Cullen said something about shopping for "un birthday" presents for Brooks? (Plural.. yes, he said he had gotten a couple things and Katie said she had gotten him one thing..) WTF?? this is something i will side eye them for, for the rest of my days. Brooks does not need gifts for his sisters birthday and vice versa!!!!!!!!!!! He's ONE for Christ sake, he doesnt care!!! the whole idea is ridic in my eyes, but for real now, the kid is a year old, he doesn't even know what birthday's are and would be just as happy playing with her discarded wrapping paper. UGH!!!
Lurker4Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lurker4Life »

Playsinrain wrote:Were they really being serious when Cullen said something about shopping for "un birthday" presents for Brooks? (Plural.. yes, he said he had gotten a couple things and Katie said she had gotten him one thing..) WTF?? this is something i will side eye them for, for the rest of my days. Brooks does not need gifts for his sisters birthday and vice versa!!!!!!!!!!! He's ONE for Christ sake, he doesnt care!!! the whole idea is ridic in my eyes, but for real now, the kid is a year old, he doesn't even know what birthday's are and would be just as happy playing with her discarded wrapping paper. UGH!!!
If this were the Bumps people would be (were I think) complaining about giving Ollie presents at Finns first birthday and saying they better get Finn something
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lurker4Life wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Were they really being serious when Cullen said something about shopping for "un birthday" presents for Brooks? (Plural.. yes, he said he had gotten a couple things and Katie said she had gotten him one thing..) WTF?? this is something i will side eye them for, for the rest of my days. Brooks does not need gifts for his sisters birthday and vice versa!!!!!!!!!!! He's ONE for Christ sake, he doesnt care!!! the whole idea is ridic in my eyes, but for real now, the kid is a year old, he doesn't even know what birthday's are and would be just as happy playing with her discarded wrapping paper. UGH!!!
If this were the Bumps people would be (were I think) complaining about giving Ollie presents at Finns first birthday and saying they better get Finn something
I'll admit i was one of those people, and i don't agree with it in the least. Most of what i said about finn getting gifts at his brother's party is just bc of the whole "Finn who??" thing that B&M have going on over there. Brooks gets plenty of attention and has his own things that are not immediately turned into Gaines' things. Finn has nothing of his own, even their damn playroom isn't just The playroom, it's Ollie's Playroom. I do not think any child needs a gift for their sibling's birthday, period. My beef with Missy and Bryan and the gift giving thing is that they are never fair with Finn. It really has nothing to do with gifts, and everything to do with them showing favoritism. Ollie took all of Finn's presents and claimed them as his own, and still got his own gifts for Finn's birthday. So hell yes i was team Finn when it came to Ollie's birthday and hoped they got him a little something as well, just because. Do i like that he's getting gifts for his brother's birthday? No, not at all, but i do like when they treat Finn the same as they treat Ollie, which is pretty damn rare.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Super disappointed that Katie has taken the MLM bait. Pyramid schemes suck. And It Works out of all of them..one of the worst.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Defuego wrote:Super disappointed that Katie has taken the MLM bait. Pyramid schemes suck. And It Works out of all of them..one of the worst.
Me too. At least she's being honest this time though about her selling and not trying to pull the same stunt they did for their detox.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Defuego wrote:Super disappointed that Katie has taken the MLM bait. Pyramid schemes suck. And It Works out of all of them..one of the worst.
MLM??

One of my kids friend's mom sells it works and good LORD she gets on my last nerve with that crap. How many times do i have to tell you i don't want your damn powders?!???!??
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Playsinrain wrote:
MLM??

One of my kids friend's mom sells it works and good LORD she gets on my last nerve with that crap. How many times do i have to tell you i don't want your damn powders?!???!??

MLM = Multi Level Marketing.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Yeah, mlm means multi-level marketing, which is a good way to get out of saying pyramid scheme so those involved feel less slimey about it.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”