Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Bethypooh51 wrote:
Hmmmm is this because they are reading comments that suggest they are monetizing from this miscarriage?? Now they have to prove that they are seriously heartbroken by taking a day off of vlogging? Ok I don't mean to be harsh, I know the heartbreak of losing a child. I have lost 4 and yet I can't remember sitting in bed for 3 days with any of them. Sure you feel your feelings but these two are just way over the top and so transparent!! Everything they do has been for the almighty $$$ why stop now?? Oh I know...because it adds to the drama and drama sells on YouTube!! These two take drama to the next level!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. It's such a weird and questionable choice. They didn't take the day they found out off, or the day before the D&C, or the day of, or the day after, or even the day after that... you get the picture... why now?? Maybe they feel they've milked it for all it's worth and are going to rest for a day or two while the money rolls in?

I feel like I'm treading on thin ice here without being hypocritical. So many of us agreed that they should take a day or two off. But again, it's their timing that makes it wrong. Bleh. This entire MC production has greed written all over it, and it feels so grimy.
8elz
Talker
Talker

E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Unread post by 8elz »

I feel like if they take a day off, they won't actually take a day off, IYKWIM. J is too obsessed with having that camera in his hand, he can't help himself to not record nor can he risk missing potential dollar signs. If they do take a day off, I think that the next day will be a two day vlog. Maybe day one won't be a lot of footage but J will still vlog something, maybe a 10 hour chit chat to the camera lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

They are kidding with the Ford Expedition.

They bought the trailer because the van could pull it, they had to buy a smaller one because of that. It seems SO weird to buy a new vehicle that could obviously pull a bigger trailer AFTER that purchase. Just goes to show how impulsive they are with their purchases. Ellie literally cannot be patient for anything at all. She's like Veruca Salt, she wants it NOOOOWWWWW.

It's also SUPER weird that they are NOW choosing to take a day off of vlogging (if they do). Why not do it right after they found out? I'm not putting a timeline on healing from a miscarriage, it's just interesting that they couldn't take a day off last week sometime -- but of course they know boring old daily vlogs don't buy mama her Ford Expedition, oh no. You've got to tap into the real money maker -- losing a pregnancy.

Gross.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Pency wrote:They are kidding with the Ford Expedition.

They bought the trailer because the van could pull it, they had to buy a smaller one because of that. It seems SO weird to buy a new vehicle that could obviously pull a bigger trailer AFTER that purchase. Just goes to show how impulsive they are with their purchases. Ellie literally cannot be patient for anything at all. She's like Veruca Salt, she wants it NOOOOWWWWW.

It's also SUPER weird that they are NOW choosing to take a day off of vlogging (if they do). Why not do it right after they found out? I'm not putting a timeline on healing from a miscarriage, it's just interesting that they couldn't take a day off last week sometime -- but of course they know boring old daily vlogs don't buy mama her Ford Expedition, oh no. You've got to tap into the real money maker -- losing a pregnancy.

Gross.
I know a lot of people that just have to keep up with the Joneses and spend just like this. They buy without planning ahead and one purchase usually leads to another "must have" purchase. There's always a reason they have to upgrade their vehicle, buy an RV or move to a bigger home. Bonnie and Ruby bring in more money than E&J, and yet have spent hundreds of thousands less in the last couple of years. E&J can't be following Dave Ramsey that closely anymore. People that need to keep up think it gives them the illusion of money, and maybe it does, but they rarely actually have money in the bank.

If they end up trading in the Pacifica and then start carrying on about the new vehicle, is going to be even more obvious that they were just promoting the van because of the sponsorship. I would be really annoyed if I bought one at their recommendation, only to hear them talk about how it's not good enough a few months later.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

The only reason they have the Pacifica is because it was free. They never would have chosen it had it not been free.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Pency wrote:They are kidding with the Ford Expedition.

Gross.
I know a lot of people that just have to keep up with the Joneses and spend just like this. They buy without planning ahead and one purchase usually leads to another "must have" purchase. There's always a reason they have to upgrade their vehicle, buy an RV or move to a bigger home. Bonnie and Ruby bring in more money than E&J, and yet have spent hundreds of thousands less in the last couple of years. E&J can't be following Dave Ramsey that closely anymore. People that need to keep up think it gives them the illusion of money, and maybe it does, but they rarely actually have money in the bank.

If they end up trading in the Pacifica and then start carrying on about the new vehicle, is going to be even more obvious that they were just promoting the van because of the sponsorship. I would be really annoyed if I bought one at their recommendation, only to hear them talk about how it's not good enough a few months later.
Jared RAVES about the Pacifica. I realize that they probably wouldn't have picked it if it were free, but I still feel like he likes it, so I think this "We need 4WD for the snow" is alllllll Ellie. Why the hell do you need 4WD?? You don't live on a hill, YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A REAL JOB, just stay home if the roads are bad. Plus, like somebody mentioned above, 4WD doesn't help with snowy/icy roads. Good tires do.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

how long have they had the van? could it be that it was free for a year (and not forever) and now that is coming to an end so they're buying a new one?
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I dont follow E&J on social media, are they actually getting rid of the van? Maybe theyre planning on keeping the van and a new SUV?
My mom has an expedition, it would NOT be my choice, the third row is a PAIN to get to.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

actuallydear wrote:how long have they had the van? could it be that it was free for a year (and not forever) and now that is coming to an end so they're buying a new one?
This is my thought too. They LOVE the van bc it's free. They RAVE about the van, bc it was free. Now either they are going to have to take up payments or Crysler is done with them (and they get to keep the van). They never really loved the van so they are going to trade it in for the Expedition. I seriously hope they don't keep both cars, they have TWO kids for lords sake, a van AND an Expedition is a little bit of over kill. They are going to turn into Bryan and Missy with 7 cars in the garage and only driving one of them. makes this whole thing with the Pacifica seem so dishonest. They LOVED THAT VAN SO MUCH OMG ITS AMAZING!!! unnnntil our sponsorship is up and then we get rid of it ASAP. I hope they at least make a vlog and tell us all what they disliked about it and why they don't want it anymore..... :lol:
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

They got the van June 2016. The free period could have been up awhile ago though and they have just had a lease?

Free van or not, between the travel, house, furniture, landscaping, 4 wheeler (with trailer), camper and now an Expedition they are really spending their money fast.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Gasp! A thumbnail with no Ellie...

Based on today's vlog I think it's safe to say they still want to keep the kid audience too.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Im glad to see there wasnt a dramatic voiceover today! And it was cute to see Jared playing with Jackson.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

I really wish Jackson's parents weren't such insufferable assholes because Jackson sure is a cutie patootie. I liked today's video. I thought the doctor thing was cute, although a little drawn out. My parents used to do that to me all the time when I was a kid to get me over whatever ailment I was currently overreacting about. :D
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Ruby had her husband and three older kids fly to Cincinnati to buy a party van.. Ellie needs a new vehicle too

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ellie spends money as a hobby now, or when she's bored or emotional. In the beginning they didn't have a credit card and so this wasn't as easy of an option. Over the last few years we have seen her doing this more and more, and I think Jared just wants her to be happy (especially now) so he enables it. When she used to be unhappy and couldn't online shop he used to being her Lush. Now she just goes online and buys her own treats. I think this is putting a strain on their relationship because it's wasteful spending, and Jared is the one feeling the pressure to bring the money in and pay the bills.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Did they say if they are dropping the van? If they do, I doubt you'll hear one negative (honest)review because they won't want to sever any ties with the company. It still blows my mind they got an expensive mini van for free!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

If Jared is smart, he will be looking into consulting gigs and other things he can do within the industry based on their YouTube success, and planning an exit strategy. Ellie is clearly not into it anymore and her cooperation is tentative at best.

And it’s not just because of the recent miscarriage, she’s been over it for some time. Any time they hit a bump in the road, she shuts down. The first time we saw it I think was when Calvin was having health problems with his neck and his breathing that Ellie refused to address on camera beyond what made for clickbait. Next, we saw it with her disturbing weight loss and the scrutiny she faced for claiming that everything was just fine and dandy. Ellie can’t handle the attention, even though she craves the positive reinforcement. The truth of the matter is that it won’t always be glowing feedback, and a narcissist especially is going to shut down at any criticism.

I don’t know if Ellie has the leverage to put her foot down here, she loves to spend money and they’ve taken on bigger financial commitments when the only thing that is allowing her to do that right now is YouTube. But Jared’s life is going to get increasingly more stressful and passive-aggressive because it’s clear Ellie isn’t on board anymore. I think we see him get more over the top/obnoxious/animated because he’s the only adult carrying the channel.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

HashtagBlessed wrote:If Jared is smart, he will be looking into consulting gigs and other things he can do within the industry based on their YouTube success, and planning an exit strategy. Ellie is clearly not into it anymore and her cooperation is tentative at best.

And it’s not just because of the recent miscarriage, she’s been over it for some time. Any time they hit a bump in the road, she shuts down. The first time we saw it I think was when Calvin was having health problems with his neck and his breathing that Ellie refused to address on camera beyond what made for clickbait. Next, we saw it with her disturbing weight loss and the scrutiny she faced for claiming that everything was just fine and dandy. Ellie can’t handle the attention, even though she craves the positive reinforcement. The truth of the matter is that it won’t always be glowing feedback, and a narcissist especially is going to shut down at any criticism.

I don’t know if Ellie has the leverage to put her foot down here, she loves to spend money and they’ve taken on bigger financial commitments when the only thing that is allowing her to do that right now is YouTube. But Jared’s life is going to get increasingly more stressful and passive-aggressive because it’s clear Ellie isn’t on board anymore. I think we see him get more over the top/obnoxious/animated because he’s the only adult carrying the channel.
I agree! As much as I think Jared has changed for the worse, I don't think he deserves this pressure. Ellie may have always expected to have this sort of life, but her expectations were unrealistic and it was just luck (hard work?) that Jared was able to make it happen. She just keeps upgrading and making her expectations higher and higher so she can finally be happy. Trouble is that they have peaked, and as her spending and expectations gets greater, their income is slowing. I feel really bad for Jared and the pressure he must feel trying to hold everything together.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

And as an addendum to my comment above, I’m not really saying any of that in defense of Jared. I still think the way he filmed and edited the last several days of vlogs together was distasteful at best. I still don’t think he should have recorded footage from the post-op room.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:If Jared is smart, he will be looking into consulting gigs and other things he can do within the industry based on their YouTube success, and planning an exit strategy. Ellie is clearly not into it anymore and her cooperation is tentative at best.

I agree! As much as I think Jared has changed for the worse, I don't think he deserves this pressure. Ellie may have always expected to have this sort of life, but her expectations were unrealistic and it was just luck (hard work?) that Jared was able to make it happen. She just keeps upgrading and making her expectations higher and higher so she can finally be happy. Trouble is that they have peaked, and as her spending and expectations gets greater, their income is slowing. I feel really bad for Jared and the pressure he must feel trying to hold everything together.
Oh yeah, Ellie is definitely playing a major roll in the exploitation of their family for YouTube. She has expensive taste and she expects to be kept in a certain lifestyle. I don't see her willingly cutting back on her spending in order for them to pull back on the increasingly desperate YouTube rat race.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”