• Advertisement

E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Re: E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Postby Playsinrain » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:53 am

actuallydear wrote:how long have they had the van? could it be that it was free for a year (and not forever) and now that is coming to an end so they're buying a new one?

This is my thought too. They LOVE the van bc it's free. They RAVE about the van, bc it was free. Now either they are going to have to take up payments or Crysler is done with them (and they get to keep the van). They never really loved the van so they are going to trade it in for the Expedition. I seriously hope they don't keep both cars, they have TWO kids for lords sake, a van AND an Expedition is a little bit of over kill. They are going to turn into Bryan and Missy with 7 cars in the garage and only driving one of them. makes this whole thing with the Pacifica seem so dishonest. They LOVED THAT VAN SO MUCH OMG ITS AMAZING!!! unnnntil our sponsorship is up and then we get rid of it ASAP. I hope they at least make a vlog and tell us all what they disliked about it and why they don't want it anymore..... :lol:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby HelloSweetie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:03 am

They got the van June 2016. The free period could have been up awhile ago though and they have just had a lease?

Free van or not, between the travel, house, furniture, landscaping, 4 wheeler (with trailer), camper and now an Expedition they are really spending their money fast.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:35 am

Gasp! A thumbnail with no Ellie...

Based on today's vlog I think it's safe to say they still want to keep the kid audience too.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:37 am

Im glad to see there wasnt a dramatic voiceover today! And it was cute to see Jared playing with Jackson.
FakingIt_MakingIt
True Gossiper

Postby Pency » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:39 am

I really wish Jackson's parents weren't such insufferable assholes because Jackson sure is a cutie patootie. I liked today's video. I thought the doctor thing was cute, although a little drawn out. My parents used to do that to me all the time when I was a kid to get me over whatever ailment I was currently overreacting about. :D
Pency
Gossiper

Postby onbreak » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:02 am

Ruby had her husband and three older kids fly to Cincinnati to buy a party van.. Ellie needs a new vehicle too

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
onbreak
True Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:23 am

Ellie spends money as a hobby now, or when she's bored or emotional. In the beginning they didn't have a credit card and so this wasn't as easy of an option. Over the last few years we have seen her doing this more and more, and I think Jared just wants her to be happy (especially now) so he enables it. When she used to be unhappy and couldn't online shop he used to being her Lush. Now she just goes online and buys her own treats. I think this is putting a strain on their relationship because it's wasteful spending, and Jared is the one feeling the pressure to bring the money in and pay the bills.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby workfromhomemom » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:40 am

Did they say if they are dropping the van? If they do, I doubt you'll hear one negative (honest)review because they won't want to sever any ties with the company. It still blows my mind they got an expensive mini van for free!
workfromhomemom
Gossiper

Postby HashtagBlessed » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:49 am

If Jared is smart, he will be looking into consulting gigs and other things he can do within the industry based on their YouTube success, and planning an exit strategy. Ellie is clearly not into it anymore and her cooperation is tentative at best.

And it’s not just because of the recent miscarriage, she’s been over it for some time. Any time they hit a bump in the road, she shuts down. The first time we saw it I think was when Calvin was having health problems with his neck and his breathing that Ellie refused to address on camera beyond what made for clickbait. Next, we saw it with her disturbing weight loss and the scrutiny she faced for claiming that everything was just fine and dandy. Ellie can’t handle the attention, even though she craves the positive reinforcement. The truth of the matter is that it won’t always be glowing feedback, and a narcissist especially is going to shut down at any criticism.

I don’t know if Ellie has the leverage to put her foot down here, she loves to spend money and they’ve taken on bigger financial commitments when the only thing that is allowing her to do that right now is YouTube. But Jared’s life is going to get increasingly more stressful and passive-aggressive because it’s clear Ellie isn’t on board anymore. I think we see him get more over the top/obnoxious/animated because he’s the only adult carrying the channel.
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:58 am

HashtagBlessed wrote:If Jared is smart, he will be looking into consulting gigs and other things he can do within the industry based on their YouTube success, and planning an exit strategy. Ellie is clearly not into it anymore and her cooperation is tentative at best.

And it’s not just because of the recent miscarriage, she’s been over it for some time. Any time they hit a bump in the road, she shuts down. The first time we saw it I think was when Calvin was having health problems with his neck and his breathing that Ellie refused to address on camera beyond what made for clickbait. Next, we saw it with her disturbing weight loss and the scrutiny she faced for claiming that everything was just fine and dandy. Ellie can’t handle the attention, even though she craves the positive reinforcement. The truth of the matter is that it won’t always be glowing feedback, and a narcissist especially is going to shut down at any criticism.

I don’t know if Ellie has the leverage to put her foot down here, she loves to spend money and they’ve taken on bigger financial commitments when the only thing that is allowing her to do that right now is YouTube. But Jared’s life is going to get increasingly more stressful and passive-aggressive because it’s clear Ellie isn’t on board anymore. I think we see him get more over the top/obnoxious/animated because he’s the only adult carrying the channel.

I agree! As much as I think Jared has changed for the worse, I don't think he deserves this pressure. Ellie may have always expected to have this sort of life, but her expectations were unrealistic and it was just luck (hard work?) that Jared was able to make it happen. She just keeps upgrading and making her expectations higher and higher so she can finally be happy. Trouble is that they have peaked, and as her spending and expectations gets greater, their income is slowing. I feel really bad for Jared and the pressure he must feel trying to hold everything together.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby HashtagBlessed » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:58 am

And as an addendum to my comment above, I’m not really saying any of that in defense of Jared. I still think the way he filmed and edited the last several days of vlogs together was distasteful at best. I still don’t think he should have recorded footage from the post-op room.
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper

Postby HashtagBlessed » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:02 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:If Jared is smart, he will be looking into consulting gigs and other things he can do within the industry based on their YouTube success, and planning an exit strategy. Ellie is clearly not into it anymore and her cooperation is tentative at best.

I agree! As much as I think Jared has changed for the worse, I don't think he deserves this pressure. Ellie may have always expected to have this sort of life, but her expectations were unrealistic and it was just luck (hard work?) that Jared was able to make it happen. She just keeps upgrading and making her expectations higher and higher so she can finally be happy. Trouble is that they have peaked, and as her spending and expectations gets greater, their income is slowing. I feel really bad for Jared and the pressure he must feel trying to hold everything together.

Oh yeah, Ellie is definitely playing a major roll in the exploitation of their family for YouTube. She has expensive taste and she expects to be kept in a certain lifestyle. I don't see her willingly cutting back on her spending in order for them to pull back on the increasingly desperate YouTube rat race.
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper

Postby nutbagmcgee » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:05 pm

If Jared was smart he would go back to school and have Ellie stay home and vlog. It would be so much more interesting if he was gone and Ellie had to stand on her own 2 feet. Also, that would give Jared a job to fall back on when YT busts.
nutbagmcgee
Guru Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:09 pm

nutbagmcgee wrote:If Jared was smart he would go back to school and have Ellie stay home and vlog. It would be so much more interesting if he was gone and Ellie had to stand on her own 2 feet. Also, that would give Jared a job to fall back on when YT busts.

It's better to have another baby and make sure he's trapped at home instead. She'll never be able to deal with three all by herself.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Ellie has said that they (she) has always planned to build the home they have and the life they have, just how she figured they'd do that Im not sure. Jared didnt have a great job, and she cut hair.

And like I mentioned previously, theyre not only funding their own lifestyle but his parents partly (if not fully) and Im sure they contribut to her parents as well. That is a lot of pressure on Jared. Especially with a wife who hardly cooperates.

Theyre going to crash and burn the hardest of the family vloggers I think. Ellie has no marketable skills, and really is a straight up cow, and Jared is incredibly out of touch with reality. Ellie expects her lifestyle to not only be maintained but to be improved upon regularly, I cant think of any job Jared could do that will allow that. And I dont believe for a second they have substantial savings or have their home paid for, if they didnt they wouldnt have needed to cash in on the miscarriage and instead could have spent a couple days away from filming and just recovered as a family.
FakingIt_MakingIt
True Gossiper

Postby Tiger27 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:00 pm

I couldn't even get through the vlog today so I don't know what happens at the end but I personally did not enjoy the little doctor skit. Seems like they were taking a nod from Bryan with this one. If they didn't want to vlog, they should have taken the day off, not wasted a majority of the content on this. Don't get me wrong, Jackson is adorable but being strung along for a silly skit is unnecessary, he's perfectly cute on his own just playing without the added theatrics. But I guess you have to keep the children entertained. I'd be surprised if kids were even still watching after the last week of vlogs. You can't have it all Jared. Pick an audience and go with it. Don't keep switching back and forth and expecting everyone to be happy and continue to watch. Just comparing yesterday and today's thumbnails..in one you have a sobbing Ellie and in another you have a dramatic, dressed up Jared and a bunch of emojis. These look like they could be from two completely different channels.
Tiger27
Talker

Postby Refrigerator_Light » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:32 pm

I'm not sure what the hell Jared was trying to pull off in this vlog, or who he was trying to cater to- but this vlog was so excruciatingly painful to try to watch!

In my mind this is officially where Jared 'jumped the shark' for this channel.... aka. jared played doctor.
Refrigerator_Light
Talker

Postby gopedjane » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:45 pm

Refrigerator_Light wrote:I'm not sure what the hell Jared was trying to pull off in this vlog, or who he was trying to cater to- but this vlog was so excruciatingly painful to try to watch!

In my mind this is officially where Jared 'jumped the shark' for this channel.... aka. jared played doctor.

HAHAHA, yeah for sure. I saw the thumbnail said nope. It's just plain ridiculous.
gopedjane
Talker

Postby librarylion » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:52 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
librarylion

Postby HelloSweetie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:58 pm

gopedjane wrote:
Refrigerator_Light wrote:I'm not sure what the hell Jared was trying to pull off in this vlog, or who he was trying to cater to- but this vlog was so excruciatingly painful to try to watch!

HAHAHA, yeah for sure. I saw the thumbnail said nope. It's just plain ridiculous.

Lots of people felt the same way. There aren't that many views on it.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby canmom2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:18 pm

actuallydear wrote:how long have they had the van? could it be that it was free for a year (and not forever) and now that is coming to an end so they're buying a new one?

They have had the van for a year. They did a vlog on it when the brat calvin made a mess on it.and Jared hasn't praised it as much since. Jackson singing with his guitar was the best. When are they taking a day off. I dont follow twitter or instgram.
canmom2
Informer

Postby gymchick43 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:45 pm

Probably catering to kid/pedo audience, those weird creepy videos parents make playing doctor with their toddlers for pedophile viewers. It's a thing, saw it on a Shane Dawson video, its fucked

gymchick43
Extreme Gossiper

Postby ja14 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:21 pm

I haven't watched the video, but in regards to playing doctor with kids I have a story.... I had to go observe at a daycare for a college class I was in. While I was there, I played with the kids and helped out. When we were outside, this little girl (3 years old, maybe 4) kept following me wanting me to play doctor with her. She pretended she was pregnant and kept laying down and wanted me to check her and her baby. I was really uncomfortable and kept trying to avoid her. I asked if her mom was pregnant and she said yes, so that made it a little less weird. Still weird though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ja14
Gossiper

Postby canmom2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:17 pm

ja14 wrote:I haven't watched the video, but in regards to playing doctor with kids I have a story.... I had to go observe at a daycare for a college class I was in. While I was there, I played with the kids and helped out. When we were outside, this little girl (3 years old, maybe 4) kept following me wanting me to play doctor with her. She pretended she was pregnant and kept laying down and wanted me to check her and her baby. I was really uncomfortable and kept trying to avoid her. I asked if her mom was pregnant and she said yes, so that made it a little less weird. Still weird though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its just a dad playing with his kid only difference this was for money. Jackson took it as a joke as soon as jared put him down and told him to be careful jackson falls on the ground.. His injuries were his leg and his arm not weird.
canmom2
Informer

Postby Refrigerator_Light » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:19 pm

gymchick43 wrote:

Probably catering to kid/pedo audience, those weird creepy videos parents make playing doctor with their toddlers for pedophile viewers. It's a thing, saw it on a Shane Dawson video, its fucked

That is so messed up!!! And the fact that Jared had to go buy a scrub outfit (I'm assuming he doesn't have one lying around....) shows how premeditated this storyline was!
Refrigerator_Light
Talker

PreviousNext

Return to Ellie and Jared