Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

Unread post by askeptichere »

FitMom wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Even if you didnt have a problem with MLM companies why would you buy a weight loss product from someone who is clearly struggling? Others have mentioned her being out of breath and gaining weight since Brooks, but Katie also talked about getting sweaty for no reason. Thats not healthy and is very likely becuase of her being overweight and just generally out of shape.

Im not hating on Katie, Im not the ideal size either and could stand to lose a few pounds and tone up, BUT Im not hawking a weightloss/healthy living product either.
You bringing up her talking about sweating all the time reminded me.. i saw a couple comments from people telling her she needed to get her thyroid checked, that sweats like that could be a sign of issues. Idk really anything about thyroid issues so take my opinion for what it's worth, but maybe that could be part of her issue as well. She said she packed on lbs when she breastfeeds, i also wonder if that might not be the issue, but shes's mistaking gaining from BFing for gaining with thyroid issues.

Maybe, but I doubt it. This is a combination of having 2 kids, mid 30's, eating crappy food and not exercising.
^I agree. BF can make you hold onto weight, but how long will she use that as an excuse? Brooks is 13 months old and nurses a couple times a day. He could be fully weaned for all we know. She could also have a thyroid issue. But even if she got that all sorted out, it won't change the fact that she never does any strenuous activity, and eats pretty poorly. I don't know if any of you watch Britneyandbaby, but she's been trying to lose weight by running 3 miles a couple times a week, but then daily she's on snapchat showing her ice cream, donuts, starbucks, and cupcakes. Then she's on twitter wondering why she's not losing any weight. There's not some magic formula to better health. It's simply moving more, and eating better. Weight loss is not a quick fix you can get with bullshit powders. It's a lifestyle change that you need to commit to.
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

I have friends on Facebook that sold It Works, it was pretty much all they posted about. I personally would rather spend the money on healthier food choices.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

^^^ That's why they gained all the weight back after they stopped the detox. It was a quick fix, and not an actual lifestyle change. Even when they cook at home, they make things like that cheeseburger soup. Not exactly low calorie.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Katie loves her comfort food. She could benefit from using all aspects of her Fitbit. I log in my food and water intake. I put in my current weight and goal weight.
In the beginning I was like her barely getting 10,000 steps a day. Today I hit 20,000 before 9:00 AM. I went from being a walker to a jogger. She could walk the dogs every morning. It would be good for them too! She is in her 30's. It is easier for her to lose now than in her forties or like me in her fifties.
She should also get a complete physical to rule out any health issues. Cullen would benefit from this as well.
I would love to see them document the benefit of a healthy lifestyle. Taking the kids for hikes and bike rides. There's so much they could do and the whole family would profit. Sorry for rambling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Ducklings4 wrote:Katie loves her comfort food. She could benefit from using all aspects of her Fitbit. I log in my food and water intake. I put in my current weight and goal weight.
In the beginning I was like her barely getting 10,000 steps a day. Today I hit 20,000 before 9:00 AM. I went from being a walker to a jogger. She could walk the dogs every morning. It would be good for them too! She is in her 30's. It is easier for her to lose now than in her forties or like me in her fifties.
She should also get a complete physical to rule out any health issues. Cullen would benefit from this as well.
I would love to see them document the benefit of a healthy lifestyle. Taking the kids for hikes and bike rides. There's so much they could do and the whole family would profit. Sorry for rambling.

I agree. And they have all the time in the world. I know I was much healthier when I was working from home compared to now working in my, out of home, office. A large portion of their current audience is adult women, I think the majority would like to watch them do a true health transformation.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Ducklings4 wrote:Katie loves her comfort food. She could benefit from using all aspects of her Fitbit. I log in my food and water intake. I put in my current weight and goal weight.

I like that you used the word profit at the end. Doing a couple's weight loss journey would be extremely interesting to watch, and I'm sure would gain them subscribers and views. So not only would they benefit physically and mentally, they would make more money out of the process. A much better way to go about losing weight than a garbage mlm product.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They would probably even get more views! I would rather watch that than Cullen scaring Brooks!

100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

Agreed with the Fitbit part. Just wearing one doesn't make you healthier. For me, it wasn't until I actually started trying to hit my step goal and water goal (and built up a streak of hitting my step goal, lol; just passed 6 months the other day) that I actually gained a desire to go out of my way to exercise. I'd also love for them to become more active and/or outdoorsy and show it in the vlogs. It would be a lot more interesting than golf cart rides and grocery store runs and would probably help their viewership as well since their numbers have been stagnant lately. I would much rather see them go in that direction to gain views than in the Daily Bumps toddler show direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I use to sweat all the time. I hated summer because I would be pouring sweat on a 75 degree day. I've lost 45 pounds since March and I didn't have any problems with sweating at all this summer. I noticed a difference when I'd lost just 15 pounds. I'm nowhere near my goal.

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Is high levels of sweating suppose to be hyper or hypo for thyroid conditions? I'm hypo and have been since birth.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Arrrrgh. They uploaded what would normally be cute footage of Gaines dancing. But she's standing on one of the bar stools . Dancing. Then they have her standing on one leg. On a bar stool.
What is it with vloggers and letting their small children act like stools and kitchen counters are completely safe extensions of the floor? Toddlers and preschoolers are always sitting, standing, and jumping around on them.
I suppose a cracked skull makes good vlog footage. Just ask Shay.

cynthiadancer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cynthiadancer »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I was going to post this in the E+J thread, but I feel it might be more appropriate here.

For those of you who don't know the background: Ellie and Jared have created an entire production out of their miscarriage process. The production has (very obviously) been a ploy for views/subscribers/sponsorships (money, basically).

I find it incredibly ironic that C&K had beef with Sam and Nia for doing the very same thing, and having the very same mentality/intentions as E+J (although E+J haven't declared it like Sam did). What do you guys think C&K's stance is on this? They're in the industry too; they know how this all works. There's no way they haven't discussed it without any snark. Thoughts?

P.S. Katie's condolences to them via vlog were recorded/uploaded prior to this production getting out of hand. With this in mind, I can't help but wonder if C&K's support/view has changed since E+J's initial announcement video.
I think some of the difference between the two also is that Sam and Nia actually SAID in plain words that the situation brought subscribers and views to their channel. I believe the tweet from Sam actually bragged how many new views and subscribers they got from it. Even though E&J are making a whole production of it, they haven't come out and said in those words what they are gaining by doing these videos. Seems like slight thing but I think it is actually a pretty big difference. (Not at all justifying what E&J have been doing)
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

Baconsgirl wrote:Is high levels of sweating suppose to be hyper or hypo for thyroid conditions? I'm hypo and have been since birth.

Hypothyroidism runs in my family and most all of those that have or have had it freeze all the time. Both of my sisters have it and one is obese and the other used to be before she had gastric bypass (which has given a whole lot of health problems since having it).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:Arrrrgh. They uploaded what would normally be cute footage of Gaines dancing. But she's standing on one of the bar stools . Dancing. Then they have her standing on one leg. On a bar stool.
What is it with vloggers and letting their small children act like stools and kitchen counters are completely safe extensions of the floor? Toddlers and preschoolers are always sitting, standing, and jumping around on them.

Did you notice the Uncrustable for dinner, too? I'm gonna order some of those wraps and powders from Katie right away because clearly she knows all about health and wellness.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Arrrrgh. They uploaded what would normally be cute footage of Gaines dancing. But she's standing on one of the bar stools . Dancing. Then they have her standing on one leg. On a bar stool.

Did you notice the Uncrustable for dinner, too? I'm gonna order some of those wraps and powders from Katie right away because clearly she knows all about health and wellness.

Just saw the IG story.. Terrible

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Focusing on her health could also give Katie an outlet away from her mommy stress. In the beginning she'll think it's a nuisance to go for a walk or make a healthy dinner, but if she keeps up with it I guarantee it'll become an outlet for her to destress. Sometimes you think you want to do just do absolutely nothing for an hour to get rid of stress, but often times it's the exact opposite.

They've lost the concept of routines, and routines are WONDERFUL for a better life in general. I'm a college student, and I nearly fall apart every summer because there's so much less routine than the school year (guess I'll have to adjust when I graduate this spring!) Going to the gym in the morning a few times a week (MDOs?) could give each day the kickstart Katie needs to be productive and feel better for herself and her family.

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

crowmtmom78 wrote:
Baconsgirl wrote:Is high levels of sweating suppose to be hyper or hypo for thyroid conditions? I'm hypo and have been since birth.

Hypothyroidism runs in my family and most all of those that have or have had it freeze all the time. Both of my sisters have it and one is obese and the other used to be before she had gastric bypass (which has given a whole lot of health problems since having it).

that's what I thought too. It made me second guess my symptoms.

twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

crowmtmom78 wrote:

I'm hypo and I freeze even in the summer. If I don't take my medicine it gets even worse because I constantly feel cold

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

Hate me all you want and write as many replies as you need to try to convince me otherwise, but it seems to me that the only thing they are focusing on is making more money.

If they wanted to focus on your health you would start by making small sustainable changes to your lifestyle not selling crap.

I mean look at the Costco haul and the crap in their freezer. Yes they got fruit ( didn’t notice veggies) but also a ton of processed crap that they feed the kids and themselves.
I also find it interesting that the detox and now this are always sold as Katie’s thing. Is it because people will respond better to a Katie recommended product?

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Ah yes, back to scamming viewers with buzzwords and pseudoscience. They have all the time and money in the world to get healthy but are much too lazy to actually try. It's money they're after, and it seems incredibly tacky to capitalize on their audience for this stuff.

I know we all thought that Katie was smart because of her extensive education, but I'm starting to think that she's a lazy airhead with rich parents and went through college just because it was being paid for. Nothing about her screams "master's degree" to me.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”