OkOscarSleepsAllDay

sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Unread post by sasperillo »

I teach advanced college courses in psych and neuroscience and most of my students are psyc majors. There are SO many good job opportunities and depending on the courses you take you can extremely valuable skills. Research design, user interface design, public policy, advertising, anything that has to do with the human aspect of marketing, education, statistical modeling, law enforcement careers, the military, Human Resources, different types of teaching, lots of different care jobs (day cares, hospices, special needs) I have students who've gone into all of these and many go on to grad school for a Phd or MD (I'm not at all suggesting Kyra should do this).
It is a great major because it is so versatile. At some point she said she'd like to own a daycare and a psyc degree (with the appropriate course load) would be great for that, as long as she hires someone for the business development side of things. They are making enough money that they should be able to save up to start a business in a couple years if that's what she wanted to do. Oskie can be the janitor (no offense to janitors)
excited_nugget
Informer
Informer

Unread post by excited_nugget »

Can everyone stop going on about whether or not they think psychology is worth while or not.
Who gives a shit.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk
kindasorta
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kindasorta »

mydietsucks_1 wrote:
Mpinks_ wrote:
Ilovecats wrote:I just rewatched the pregnancy announcement with Alaya. Still the cutest video I have ever seen

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
I might have an unpopular opinion but I thought that was pretty cringe worthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not unpopular, it was fucking horrendous hahaha
Yeah super cringey and fake to me.

"Oskie, ders a baby in my tummy???!!"
teddyandmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by teddyandmommy »

kindasorta wrote:
mydietsucks_1 wrote:
Mpinks_ wrote: I might have an unpopular opinion but I thought that was pretty cringe worthy.

"Oskie, ders a baby in my tummy???!!"
Aw, I loved it. The first time I watched it I cried lol
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

ckks wrote:
d4865 wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:Is it me or does his eye still look bad??Image[emoji53

I don't usually watch but something does seem weird with his eye- what happened?
yeah his eye looks deformed poor baby. He has a blocked tear duct (prob bc they never clean him properly) and it seems to be getting worse. :(
Aww poor little guy :( thanks for your response!
They're giving him antibiotic drops[/quote]

Blocked tear ducts aren't necessarily a result of poor hygiene. They're pretty common in babies/toddlers and just take some time to fix themselves. My baby had a blocked duct for about 2 months and my pediatrician gave us drops and showed us how to massage it, but nothing helped and he wasn't concerned unless it were to get infected. After weeks of massaging it with no results, it just ended up fixing itself. We woke up one day with it being much better and it hasn't happened again. As long as it doesn't get much worse, the doctor will probably recommend waiting it out. If it doesn't fix itself or becomes infected and not just irritated and red/teary, the doctor will do a quick procedure to open it. Hoping it gets better soon for the poor guy. I'm sure it's more bothersome for a toddler than a baby who sleeps most of the day in our case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

yeah but in their case it's prob the result of poor hygiene. They legit never even wipe levi's mouth after he eats so im not surprised.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

teddyandmommy wrote:
kindasorta wrote:
mydietsucks_1 wrote:I just rewatched the pregnancy announcement with Alaya. Still the cutest video I have ever seen

I might have an unpopular opinion but I thought that was pretty cringe worthy.

"Oskie, ders a baby in my tummy???!!"[/quote]

Aw, I loved it. The first time I watched it I cried lol[/quote]

oyi vey lol. But i almost forgot that you defend OK alot. so that makes more sense.
teddyandmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by teddyandmommy »

That thread is messed up but I've only defended them a couple times lol excuse me for thinking that video was really sweet lmao
Ohthehumanity
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ohthehumanity »

I just tried to rewatch the announcement video for old times sake and couldn't make it through the whole video. So. Freaking. Cringy. Kyra is so next level in it, maybe it's just me but she was acting like she just found out she was pregnant after trying for 5 years
prbeca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by prbeca »

I think the only reason that was so cringeworthy is becuase that was a crazy cringeworthy time of their life with the accecents. If they spoke like normal humans it would have been way better. Also, it's a pet peeve of mine when people say "there's a baby in my belly/tummy" no bitch, it's in your uterus.
mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

annapaulndaniel wrote:
mommaof2cuties wrote: They're being a sarcastic ass lol
Hahaha I am from Australia and we use the word legend differently I think. It's kind of like saying someone has done something good...I don't mean she is a literal historical legend lol.

Definitely not being sarcastic. It could have said "yay Kyra what a champ", we just use the word in more of a slang way like most words haha
Haha shit. Sorry i took it as like mocking her. Like omg she's such a legend shes going to school.
Idk how to explain it lmao. I defiently thought you were being a jerk about it. Sorry
cklein31
Informer
Informer

Unread post by cklein31 »

Ilovecats wrote:
annaclinchwalsh963 wrote:I thought her reaction in that announcement was absolutely ridiculous. If you read the threads from then I don't recall many enjoying it lol.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk
I think it was over the top, but you could tell it was genuine. I think it's the nicest thing Oscar has ever done for her

I honestly cried with her while watching it, but I'm a huge crier and get emotional so easily. I cried last week bc my boyfriend got me a kitten and afterwards, I laughed at myself because I actually honest to God said "are you serious? This is for real?" A few times and i realized it sounded like Kyra so tbh if somehow my partner surprised me by telling me I was pregnant while we were TTC but I just took a test I thought was negative, I'd probably react very similarly
workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workinprogress »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 145466.jpg[/img]
This was a comment from a bug buddie under Kyra's tweet about being excited for her wine collection. I am literally crying of laughter ImageImage

ytmamaviewer24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ytmamaviewer24 »

teddyandmommy wrote:That thread is messed up but I've only defended them a couple times lol excuse me for thinking that video was really sweet lmao
hey, don't even bother lmao. If you're not a hater, then you're a fan. If you don't criticize every single thing about them then people here will insult you or mock you for simply posting something nice.
Mpinks_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mpinks_ »

ytmamaviewer24 wrote:
teddyandmommy wrote:That thread is messed up but I've only defended them a couple times lol excuse me for thinking that video was really sweet lmao
hey, don't even bother lmao. If you're not a hater, then you're a fan. If you don't criticize every single thing about them then people here will insult you or mock you for simply posting something nice.
No one insulted or mocked her? Lmfao

bryrose521
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bryrose521 »

prbeca wrote:I think the only reason that was so cringeworthy is becuase that was a crazy cringeworthy time of their life with the accecents. If they spoke like normal humans it would have been way better. Also, it's a pet peeve of mine when people say "there's a baby in my belly/tummy" no bitch, it's in your uterus.
She didn't say stomach. She said belly. There's a difference. Yes, the baby is in her uterus but when a person says tummy/belly they usually mean the general area. In a way, she is correct.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
ytmamaviewer24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ytmamaviewer24 »

Mpinks_ wrote:
ytmamaviewer24 wrote:
No one insulted or mocked her? Lmfao

sure, let's pretend the reply to her post was not sarcastic at all
jggedlttlepill_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jggedlttlepill_ »

To much negativity on here yikes.
ANYWAYS, i'm so happy to see Kyra thriving. Eating well, yoga (which is so good for anxiety), going to school and therapy. I'm happy for her. Now Oscar needs to step up.
annaclinchwalsh963
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by annaclinchwalsh963 »

I don't think that's the case, we just call it how we see it. And there's a really baby in my belly was ridiculous

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk
Idkhihello
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Idkhihello »

When I first started watching them, they were still talking in those weird baby accents and I was literally so confused trying to figure out if that was how they really talked or only did that for fun. Now they speak normally and idk why they ever spoke in those weird accents to begin with lmao. Was it their version of a baby voice for Levi?

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

prbeca wrote:I think the only reason that was so cringeworthy is becuase that was a crazy cringeworthy time of their life with the accecents. If they spoke like normal humans it would have been way better. Also, it's a pet peeve of mine when people say "there's a baby in my belly/tummy" no bitch, it's in your uterus.
What was that accent they used to do all the time? It sounded to me like a weird combination of baby talk and a Miami accent (like slight slight spanish accent which would only really make sense for oscar) lol I'm Canadian though so what do I know lol Image

Return to “OKBaby”