DailyBranding&Bitching (DailyBumps Part 95)

spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyBranding&Bitching (DailyBumps Part 95)

Unread post by spillingthetea »

Not trying to offend teen parents here but they are like children who had babies and their parents end up doing all the work.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

DidEyeSayIt wrote:My initial thought was that he stained the carpet on purpose so they could get new flooring. I was shocked to actually see him scrubbing it. I wish they would be normal like that more often. I still wouldn't be shocked to see him say "the stains wouldn't come out so Missy is getting the entire house hardwood floored!" in tomorrow's vlog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine too.. Wonder if he's starting these twitter wars because his wife is hamming it up with Corbin every night

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

Shorty02 wrote:“I can spot you money..” God he is such a douche!

Has anyone seen the episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians where Scott Disick shoved money into a waiter’s mouth? Total douchebag move and that’s the vibe I got from Bryan making that comment. I’m surprised he can even fit through a doorway with a head that big.

I hope those words come back to haunt him when it all comes crashing down. And it will. YouTube is not forever. Even Hollywood Stars fade away. He is ignorant to think this is his whole life. I hope they were sensible enough to have a big savings account but the way they spend I doubt it.
DidEyeSayIt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DidEyeSayIt »

queentee20 wrote:
spillingthetea wrote:New drama on tw between 5 yr old bryan and me, he is an asshole lol, i cant believe i insulted a 4 yr old by saying the truth... they should focus on his speech and not in learning code :?
I'm surprised he hasn't moved on. Like as an adult he already "shut you down" so why keep interacting? Like just go away Bryan go away xD
To be fair, any parent would get defensive when someone insults their child... granted they put themselves out there. But, of course he is going to get defensive. I would too.

Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

lmmomSD wrote:Wow. So, even if out of concern, you say that Ollie could use speech therapy, and that he's behind, you're "insulting" him? Most good parents want what is best for their children, even if it means admitting that they aren't "perfect" and need help in some areas!
And speaking of "learning to function", Bryan and Missy are very ill-qualified to teach a child. Who potty trained Ollie? Mimi and Papa. Who does everything remotely complicated around the house? Papa. They depend on others for everything.
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Their idea of what’s best for their children is fame and fortune. They couldn’t care less about education. They got rich without one so they see no value in it.

Like I’ve said before, I can’t wait until their ridiculous world of pretentious fantasy comes crashing down around them. I would be sad for the kids but it would be somewhat rewarding to see life kick Bryan and Missy in the ass. (Maybe that makes me a bad person, but whatever...)

Anyone else see a bankruptcy and foreclosure in their future?
PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

I can't believe Bryan is still going on about this on Twitter. He's like a child.. I couldn't help myself and replied to his tweet; he blocked me within like two minutes lol

Popcorn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Popcorn »

While I agree that many schools gives too much homework and kids don't always have enough to play and be kids, I had to laugh out loud at these words from Missy's mouth:

"...a child comes home and then has to spend their time, which they should be spending with their family, which is great, like, education right there, on how to be, like, a normal human being in life."

Guys, why are they even bothering to send Oliver to school when could get, like, a great education, like, on being a human, like, from his parents? *eyeroll*

Also, she realizes Oliver can write the letter H and is thrilled about it. Aren't most kids interested in writing their names around the age of 3? Not all, maybe, but most? This child refuses to even attempt to draw the eyes of a smiley face on his own. And he can't even hold a pencil with one hand, which is sad, especially that his parents are sitting there laughing about how he can't hold the pencil. Had he never held a crayon or anything before starting preschool?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

DidEyeSayIt wrote:
queentee20 wrote:
spillingthetea wrote:New drama on tw between 5 yr old bryan and me, he is an asshole lol, i cant believe i insulted a 4 yr old by saying the truth... they should focus on his speech and not in learning code :?
I'm surprised he hasn't moved on. Like as an adult he already "shut you down" so why keep interacting? Like just go away Bryan go away xD
To be fair, any parent would get defensive when someone insults their child... granted they put themselves out there. But, of course he is going to get defensive. I would too.

But they freak out whenever anyone says _anything_ negative. They block, delete, and slam anyone who isn't kissing their large derrieres. Even if you phrase it as concern about his speech, you're rude. Sam and Jenn were getting comments about Noah's speech a while back. He's actually fine, but they addressed it and said that they were watching it, and that if Noah needed help, they would get it for him. What did Missy do? She went on a Snap rant about how Ollie talked "all the time" but they just hadn't caught it on camera. And how other moms told her Ollie was "advanced". They don't want to hear that their child is anything but smart, handsome, talented, and amazing. My daughter needed speech therapy. I didn't pout about it, or insult the people who told me she was behind. I got her the help, and thanked them for their concern. My friends had a daughter like Gaines-- way advanced in her speech. I couldn't look at my daughter and pretend everything was perfect when we spent time together. So I asked her doctor about it. And she needed help. That's what a good parent does. They don't need their vanity stroked by being told how wonderful their child is.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And BAM! I am blocked. All I said was "Good parents get their children help when they need it" or something like that. Didn't screenshot it. But it wasn't mean.

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

lmmomSD you are right. As a parent you have to be selfless and do what is right for your child and not take their issues as your failure or a personal insult. In Bryan's case it is his and Missy's fault so far. It is only your failure if you fail to get them the help they need and let them fall between the cracks and be way down below their peers in all development. At the very least I hope, whether he admits it or not, it made him stop and take notice of Ollie. I am sure we will never hear if he takes him to therapy because that would be us being right and him wrong. Him being right is most important you know. ;)

You are setting your child up for failure Bryan, you need to get your ego out of the way. After what I just saw Missy say, I can see there is a big issue with them only wanting Ollie to be perfect and they block, delete and insult anyone who dares state the obvious. I am hoping, even if Bryan won't admit it, he starts noticing some things about Ollie. I know sometimes it's harder to see things right in front of us. Not that Ollie is Autistic, he is obviously not but he has learning and basic skills missing and not just the speech, but this is just an example of a child needing help and a parent ignoring it that also that happened in my life. I KNOW some people hate when people tell their stories on here but it's pertinent to my point.
My Sister in law refused to see my nephew was severely autistic though the whole family was concerned. It was so obvious it was baffling she wouldn't address it. Later (years later) my brother in law admitted he knew it as long as we did but his Wife was so dead set on pretending he was perfect and normal he just went along with it. Sad. Some people's minds work differently, Bryan is one of them. He would rather let Ollie speak horribly, not have basic skills he should of learned 2 yrs ago and be socially awkward than prove a viewer right that he had a speech impediment and take him to a therapist.
Last edited by KaterTot on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

Well....in case anyone had any questions about how important Bryan and Missy view education....today's vlog is your answer. Watching Ollie hold that pencil was just astounding. What was more astounding was that neither parent tried to help him fix it. Bryan filmed and Missy watched. No one stopped him to say "Hey buddy, try it this way." Also, a stark contrast to Jackson who drew his family at his preschool.

I'm not shocked Missy just did the work for him. Anything to get them to finish more quickly. In our lesson planning classes, we learn about constructive struggle. That means that children learn best when they have to struggle a little bit in order to solve a problem. Just spoon-feeding them answers does nothing to help them. Therein lies these kids' problems. Ollie has never had to do work by himself and suffer through not knowing how to do it. So how in the world is he supposed to learn? I think this first year of school for Ollie is going to be very interesting.

Last thing...and then I will see myself out. They titled the vlog like "Homework already?" Like your kid has been in school a month. It's about time for homework.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Popcorn wrote:While I agree that many schools gives too much homework and kids don't always have enough to play and be kids, I had to laugh out loud at these words from Missy's mouth:

"...a child comes home and then has to spend their time, which they should be spending with their family, which is great, like, education right there, on how to be, like, a normal human being in life."

Guys, why are they even bothering to send Oliver to school when could get, like, a great education, like, on being a human, like, from his parents? *eyeroll*

Also, she realizes Oliver can write the letter H and is thrilled about it. Aren't most kids interested in writing their names around the age of 3? Not all, maybe, but most? This child refuses to even attempt to draw the eyes of a smiley face on his own. And he can't even hold a pencil with one hand, which is sad, especially that his parents are sitting there laughing about how he can't hold the pencil. Had he never held a crayon or anything before starting preschool?
I think i could count on one hand how many times we have seen Ollie hold a pen, pencil, crayon or marker before he started preschool. It has been brought up so many times before that he NEVER was allowed to do things like that. Even with colorwonder pens and paper. He's only played with playdoh a couple times and i've never seen him finger paint.. oh wait one time they did. They bought an easel and everything, it's been used once. Missy doesn't like messes apparently, i think thats her reasoning. :roll:
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

This vlog was so sad for so many reasons. I have to conclude that they don't at all recognize that Ollie is behind, otherwise I think they would have avoided filming the "homework" scene. Missy's speech about how homework cuts into family time wasn't completely wrong in my opinion, but then she said that this kind of homework helps her bond better with Ollie. Fine, except that she's talking into a camera when saying it. She's not looking at Ollie, she's not showing him how to hold the pencil, she's not letting him experiment. It's incredibly unfortunate for these two kids, who have access to anything they want, except some of the most important intangible things.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Remember the sponsorship video when he could paint on the walls.. That was the only time I've seen them encourage any creativity.. And even that interaction was below my standards of what I consider encouraging.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
lucycat732
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lucycat732 »

natalka81 wrote:This vlog was so sad for so many reasons. I have to conclude that they don't at all recognize that Ollie is behind, otherwise I think they would have avoided filming the "homework" scene. Missy's speech about how homework cuts into family time wasn't completely wrong in my opinion, but then she said that this kind of homework helps her bond better with Ollie. Fine, except that she's talking into a camera when saying it. She's not looking at Ollie, she's not showing him how to hold the pencil, she's not letting him experiment. It's incredibly unfortunate for these two kids, who have access to anything they want, except some of the most important intangible things.
Right, and it's not like you can't make homework and family time work together in harmony. Helping your child learn and discover new things is the peak of family time, in my opinion. It's not like you're expected to send him up to his room to do school work alone. Some of my favorite childhood memories are sitting at the kitchen table with my mom, going over what I learned that day, showing her new stuff I could write or new math formulas I could do, reading her my favorite passages of books, etc.
DidEyeSayIt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DidEyeSayIt »

lmmomSD wrote:And BAM! I am blocked. All I said was "Good parents get their children help when they need it" or something like that. Didn't screenshot it. But it wasn't mean.

Okay, okay. I'm sure I am in the minority here. And believe me, I enjoy gossip about Daily Bumps but when you say a comment such as "good parents blah blah blah" of course that sounds rude. You are crazy if you don't realize that. That doesn't sound like a caring comment AT ALL. So when Bryan blocks anyone who says something rude, yea, he is obviously going to block you for that. I feel like I have been defending them a bit which I am sure you all frown upon but sometimes it's like you don't see things clearly.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Did the preschool send that work home or did Missy just go buy workbooks? If the preschool sent it home it was probably a subtle way of them saying your son is way behind. No way can we catch him up two days a week. Try doing these at home. His wrist should be flat on the table when writing. He should be using shorter pencils. Poor Ollie is already behind the eight ball. Bryan and Missy are clueless and don't even realize the damage they have caused by letting him watch inappropriate TV and play with his swords and shields

bcfryeof2
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bcfryeof2 »

DidEyeSayIt wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:And BAM! I am blocked. All I said was "Good parents get their children help when they need it" or something like that. Didn't screenshot it. But it wasn't mean.

Okay, okay. I'm sure I am in the minority here. And believe me, I enjoy gossip about Daily Bumps but when you say a comment such as "good parents blah blah blah" of course that sounds rude. You are crazy if you don't realize that. That doesn't sound like a caring comment AT ALL. So when Bryan blocks anyone who says something rude, yea, he is obviously going to block you for that. I feel like I have been defending them a bit which I am sure you all frown upon but sometimes it's like you don't see things clearly.

Here is my thought on that. Why follow someone on social media if you dislike them so much?

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
lucycat732
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lucycat732 »

The craziest thing is that they have all the money in the world to (1) get Ollie tested to determine if he has speech or other learning disabilities, and (2) hire tutors or provide private schooling aimed at helping those disabilities. But they're too proud to even admit that there might be a problem to begin with.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

This is in a handout of papers I got at an occupational therapy review for my son. This is a list of things a four year old (Ollie) should at least be familiar with or trying. If anyone is interested for your kids, I have from 1 year to 4 years (months are 12, 15, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 48). Just shoot me a PM and let me know. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 264063.jpg[/img]

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:

Return to “Daily Bumps”