DailyBranding&Bitching (DailyBumps Part 95)

twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyBranding&Bitching (DailyBumps Part 95)

Unread post by twomommies »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
DidEyeSayIt wrote:Uhhhhh, what happened to Karma? His poor nose.. and did Missy say he lost a tooth?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably jumping in that dangerous rock pool.

Do they not realize hitting their nose really hard can cause serious injuries??

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
KerrieL
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by KerrieL »

Wait I’m confused lol they were married and divorced already?

Makennnzie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Makennnzie »

Oh my lord. Again today in the vlog, they’re so delusional about Ollie. The kid is 4! Being able to write an “H” is so far from impressive and is really so concerning. But Missy acts like he is a straight up child genius. I’m not saying you can’t be proud of him, but stop acting like your child is God’s gift to man.

News Flash. Being able to copy one letter isn’t all impressive when your child still doesn’t know colors, how to hold a pencil, or draw a basic face.
abbytalks12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by abbytalks12 »

KerrieL wrote:Wait I’m confused lol they were married and divorced already?

Yup! They got married when they were really young, I think they were 18, and then got divorced and remarried. They talk some about it in their 'Draw My Life' video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lagenialester
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lagenialester »

Makennnzie wrote:Oh my lord. Again today in the vlog, they’re so delusional about Ollie. The kid is 4! Being able to write an “H” is so far from impressive and is really so concerning. But Missy acts like he is a straight up child genius. I’m not saying you can’t be proud of him, but stop acting like your child is God’s gift to man.

News Flash. Being able to copy one letter isn’t all impressive when your child still doesn’t know colors, how to hold a pencil, or draw a basic face.
I would be more impressed if he was writing the letters in his name! My daughter is a month younger than Ollie and they are learning to write their full names (hers has 8 letters, but she's got it down!), writing numbers 1-10, and learning about patterns and making their own out of shapes. And that's just what they've done this week.

What's he supposed to do with one H?
Kish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Kish »

Hello everybody!
Decided to create my account today (after almost two years of lurking … I don’t even watch these two, I think you guys are just so darn entertaining!) because something in the Pancake Art video (https://youtu.be/fqxA7pXpx8g?t=12m59s) video stuck out to me – I hope I’m not derailing the current topic but it fits with B&M not appropriately disciplining and/or educating their sons

I actually kinda liked the pancake video and the process of them assembling the ‘burger’, but as Ollie was eating it, it did really bother me that he dropped his food on his plate and started eating it directly from the plate, like an animal would.
Now, I can imagine that kids tend to behave like this to have fun and that Ollie is still young, so I’m absolutely not blaming him for that – but it does trouble me that all B did was encouraging his son’s antics and M ‘securing’ the pancake so it wouldn’t slide off the plate.
No disciplining from either parent, no “this is not the orderly way to eat!”, nothing. Just a loud “WOOOOOW!”

Maybe I’m being a tad nitpicky, considering they made the pancake look like a burger which admittedly is mostly held in people’s hands which isn’t the most proper way to eat either … but it’s still different than lapping up one’s food directly from the plate

I’m also feeling like I’m overanalysing this. Oh well.

Also: My apologies for derailing the topic (if anyone feels like I did)!
spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by spillingthetea »

At least he knows the letter H, thats great! One letter down and more to go in order to describe his parents aka assHoles ;)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

cat9480 wrote:Wow. So many Missy gems today. First she had to get up thuper early to get cupcakes that she forgot to get for the class birthday celebration...which she then learned was next week.

She gushed about how amazing Ollie is because he has now drawn two Hs, of his own volition, and the teacher was so impressed that she took a picture to share with Missy. And you know it ended up in the vlog, because *See guys! Ollie's not delayed. He's actually advanced.* Apparently said H drawing is rare for a preschooler (notice he's a preschooler when they want to prove how advanced he is, but a toddler when they want to exploit him for baby views) and it inspired the kid next to him to also draw a thuper rare H. And apparently it was an intentional H, not an "on accident" H. Image

(Missy totally had her snap rant face on throughout this whole little ordeal. It always starts out with "But I did want to tell you guyth that..." and then she's all fake-casual about whatever point it is that she's trying to prove.)

Then there was this:

"So, it's just...pretty cool. It's really fun to see, like, him going to preschool is actually, like, things are clicking. I don't know, I think he's actually gonna, like, learn things in preschool! Which, I just always thought preschool was like, more fun and kinda get them into the routine of things...I didn't really think of it as like, Oh, he's gonna learn like, things. And he is, and it's really, really cool. And I'm just really proud of him."

This is why they vlog. Can you envision Missy answering questions in a job interview?!

And then she went off to the salon where she "riched up" her hair so it would look "a little more healthier." Image

Then they announced their thuper thecret project: Mimi and Papa are moving! Can you guys believe it?! Image Apparently there was no room for the kids at their current house, so they couldn't hang out there. Nevermind that their entire backyard is a playground Image I mean, they can move if they just want more space or whatever - just don't give stupid reasons that don't even make sense. And guess what?! There's a cupboard under the stairs for Finley Potter. Dream house!

That wonderful qualified Teacher gushes over a 4 yr old writing an H which is not odd mine was writing his name at 4 he is average, not meaning in a bad way I am just not a person who says OMG MY BABY IS THUPER THMART! It amazes me this so called "teacher" doesn't notice his speech or how he holds a pencil to write that H.
I went to their song and listened to it finally since they made a video with lyrics so maybe I could understand it. If I had closed my eyes, much of the song wouldn't have been intelligible. Bryan drags his words to where they are not intelligible when he speaks sometimes. He even sang shooting like shoo'n so he sings like he talks. He is not professional. He isn't the worst but I would think he would be popular via Christian music, possibly Country with training. Missy sounds alright. Ollie's part. Well, bless his heart. But he can write an H with a gorilla hand y'all!
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Total vbs song and video... Just need someone to make a video with arm movements

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
lurkernomore
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lurkernomore »

Could she have possibly been more surprised that a kid ... learns things ... at school? That kids learn things from other kids?

What an airhead.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

How about teaching him his ABCs at home missy and 1-10 maybe? That can easily be taught by his parents but missy can't seem to? I'm sure the teacher guided him

Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

My 3 year old could write her name and ABCs in K3, because they're capable at that age. It's like when Ellie says she wishes kids Calvin's age could talk. THEY FREAKING CAN YOU LAZY PARENT!!
emma101
Talker
Talker

DailyBranding&Bitching (DailyBumps Part 95)

Unread post by emma101 »

Hey! I don't usually look at or post in this thread (I'm usually lurking in Jesssfam's thread) but I just wanted to come here and say WHAT HAPPENED?! I used to love the daily bumps! I first came across them when they were known as bumps along the way... before Ollie was born and they seemed like such a lovely couple. I stopped watching them a few years ago but just watched their newest video and wow they just seem fame hungry and so fake. The new intro is awful! The song is terrible and it's so cheesy, reminds me of some sort of intro for a cartoon in the 90s lol.

lucycat732
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lucycat732 »

usernamessuck wrote:I think their distaste for school is that they have never matured past the 10th grade. So, they think school is for losers and dweebs because they are the cool kids. So much of the way they act reminds of high schoolers I deal with. Part of that could be from being from a small town (or cult in Missy's case). Another reason could be that they never had that real world struggle. They didn't go to college. They lived with Missy's parents until YouTube took off, but they were never twenty-somethings living alone and trying to make ends meet at a minimum wage job and able to appreciate that their education would get them out of said minimum wage job. Yeah they had the divorce and everything but they were what eighteen? Maybe nineteen? In Idaho? That's my hypothesis.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
And being from Murrieta/Temecula, I can tell you that this area does not value higher education either. Everyone I went to high school with is either very religious and/or joined the military. Not that either of those things are necessarily bad, but it's just a very conservative area that puts way more value on getting married and having babies than it does on bettering yourself through education (also, those things don't have to be mutually exclusive).
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lucycat732 wrote:
usernamessuck wrote:I think their distaste for school is that they have never matured past the 10th grade. So, they think school is for losers and dweebs because they are the cool kids. So much of the way they act reminds of high schoolers I deal with. Part of that could be from being from a small town (or cult in Missy's case). Another reason could be that they never had that real world struggle. They didn't go to college. They lived with Missy's parents until YouTube took off, but they were never twenty-somethings living alone and trying to make ends meet at a minimum wage job and able to appreciate that their education would get them out of said minimum wage job. Yeah they had the divorce and everything but they were what eighteen? Maybe nineteen? In Idaho? That's my hypothesis.

And being from Murrieta/Temecula, I can tell you that this area does not value higher education either. Everyone I went to high school with is either very religious and/or joined the military. Not that either of those things are necessarily bad, but it's just a very conservative area that puts way more value on getting married and having babies than it does on bettering yourself through education (also, those things don't have to be mutually exclusive).
That may be a common mentality, but those people aren't generally paying for private school then.

I think the teacher pointed out the "H" to be encouraging. I think she knows (and has told Missy) he's behind.
lucycat732
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lucycat732 »

Did anyone see the recent picture Bryan posted of the pink color bomb? I was so confused for a second--I thought it was a gender reveal! Maybe just Missy's wishful thinking? :lol:
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lucycat732 wrote:

That may be a common mentality, but those people aren't generally paying for private school then.

I think the teacher pointed out the "H" to be encouraging. I think she knows (and has told Missy) he's behind.
^^^ Now that is probable. I hope that's the case, because I can and will stand behind being proud of those achievements...but Missy tried to spin it off as he's some super genius 4 year old, and no 4 year old should be able to write letters, when the complete opposite is true. All 4 year olds can write their letters with help and practice.
jasmine8p
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jasmine8p »

lucycat732 wrote:Did anyone see the recent picture Bryan posted of the pink color bomb? I was so confused for a second--I thought it was a gender reveal! Maybe just Missy's wishful thinking? Image
Screenshot it before they delete it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
heymallie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by heymallie »

jasmine8p wrote:
lucycat732 wrote:Did anyone see the recent picture Bryan posted of the pink color bomb? I was so confused for a second--I thought it was a gender reveal! Maybe just Missy's wishful thinking? Image

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 916b6c.jpg[/img]

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

jasmine8p wrote:

If she is pregnant I can't handle her complaining about another baby.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

Return to “Daily Bumps”