OkOscarSleepsAllDay

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

majorgossiper34 wrote:I'm so proud of Kyra. Not to stereotype, but a lot of people who have kids as young as Kyra and Oscar did are often stuck in a funk of anxiety and depression, because they had often quit school and they have nothing to lean on as a job, and they often don't have family to support them.

Kyra said she grew up in a non-wealthy family, and Oscar grew up in a family where teen pregnancy was usual, and they pushed past that and created a lovely life for themselves.

Obviously YouTube only can help you so much, and I'm so happy that YouTube got them so far, but it can only grow so much, and I'm so happy for them that they are looking into school and jobs, something that will make them happy and ensure financial security- Kyra into college with her GED and getting a job in Psychology and working with kids, and with Oscar looking into being in the real estate business.

I'm also so proud of Kyra to help herself with her depression and anxiety and to go get professional help, because that can be really hard to do, especially when you are in the public eye.

In general, I'm just really proud of them and how they are stepping up and taking a hold for their life! I'm not always happy with their decisions- but I'm really happy with this one!
except oscar is doing NOTHING to better himself lol...he just sleeps all day and starves himself. and in his downtime he rags on poor kyra. so he really isnt doing anything to improve or better himself...he hasnt done anything for real estate, that was just a fad dream he was talking about wanting but has done nothing to get it
workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by workinprogress »

Isn't there a process you have to go through to become a real estate agent? You can't just decide one Monday morning to go show a house that day, that's not how it works Oscar. He should've been working on becoming a RA months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ilovecats »

He probably just wants to invest in real estate because he sees the money Khoa is making

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
ytmamaviewer24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ytmamaviewer24 »

Ilovecats wrote:He probably just wants to invest in real estate because he sees the money Khoa is making

wasn't his dad a real state agent in LA?
d4865
Informer
Informer

Unread post by d4865 »

Ilovecats wrote:He probably just wants to invest in real estate because he sees the money Khoa is making

Oscars Dad is a real estate agent, he got the idea off of him and not off of Khoa... He said he wanted to be a real estate agent before he even hung out with Khoa
ckks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ckks »

d4865 wrote:

Oscars Dad is a real estate agent, he got the idea off of him and not off of Khoa... He said he wanted to be a real estate agent before he even hung out with Khoa
I thought he just mentioned investing in real estate and gold and not being a real estate agent? has he mentioned wanting to be an agent before too? I may have missed that.

Dusty_Sidebar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Dusty_Sidebar »

workinprogress wrote:Isn't there a process you have to go through to become a real estate agent? You can't just decide one Monday morning to go show a house that day, that's not how it works Oscar. He should've been working on becoming a RA months ago

Yeah you have to take a course/do tests to get your license, i'm not sure how easy it is but from what hear a lot of people take a couple of tries to pass..
doggo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by doggo »

cklein31 wrote:
teddyandmommy wrote:
cklein31 wrote:Went to watch the OCD video and the ad beforehand was for Plan B Image
But anyway... I wanted to talk about Oscar being so unhealthy? He was explaining how he wanted to get to 135 in 30 days... and I don't know his starting weight, I'm sure he's way too high to shoot that low in 30 days. And his explanation of why he doesn't do cheat days - "you undo all the work you've done all month" ummm no? That's not how calories work? And I hate that he talks about that stuff when most of their audience is young girls...
He definitely has an eating disorder or serious body issues. He was super healthy for years and then all of a sudden has one dessert and gains 30 pounds in a couple months from binging on unhealthy foods. And then turns around and restricts his calorie intake and works out every day to lose weight as fast as possible. I wish he would talk to someone about it
Obviously that in itself is an issue and I truly do hope he gets the help he needs, but it really really concerns me that their fan base is all young girls - and this is just an assumption but I feel like the little girls that get OBSESSED with them, making multi-platform fan accts, blindly defending them, etc are the type to be insecure and hearing one of their ~idols~ say that THAT is the way to be healthy might really convince them that's ok?! And that is so so scary to me. I'm also really annoyed Kyra hasn't said anything about it? She has to be more aware than that about healthy eating and exercise, right? Ugh
I remember Kyra once saying that Oscar (back before dessert gate) couldn't do some little food challenge because "he would never sacrifice his health". She totally buys into his mindset and enables it.
majorgossiper34
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by majorgossiper34 »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
majorgossiper34 wrote:I'm so proud of Kyra. Not to stereotype, but a lot of people who have kids as young as Kyra and Oscar did are often stuck in a funk of anxiety and depression, because they had often quit school and they have nothing to lean on as a job, and they often don't have family to support them.

Kyra said she grew up in a non-wealthy family, and Oscar grew up in a family where teen pregnancy was usual, and they pushed past that and created a lovely life for themselves.

Obviously YouTube only can help you so much, and I'm so happy that YouTube got them so far, but it can only grow so much, and I'm so happy for them that they are looking into school and jobs, something that will make them happy and ensure financial security- Kyra into college with her GED and getting a job in Psychology and working with kids, and with Oscar looking into being in the real estate business.

I'm also so proud of Kyra to help herself with her depression and anxiety and to go get professional help, because that can be really hard to do, especially when you are in the public eye.

In general, I'm just really proud of them and how they are stepping up and taking a hold for their life! I'm not always happy with their decisions- but I'm really happy with this one!
except oscar is doing NOTHING to better himself lol...he just sleeps all day and starves himself. and in his downtime he rags on poor kyra. so he really isnt doing anything to improve or better himself...he hasnt done anything for real estate, that was just a fad dream he was talking about wanting but has done nothing to get it
I completely agree w/ you and I wasn't trying to overly commend Oscar because he obviously doesn't deserve it. I was proud of Kyra and seeing how far they both have come but I'm at least glad he was looking into it because it is a good, well paying job and he would still have plenty of time when the kids, which is ideal for him. I know he probably won't actually follow through, but it's good for him to be looking or a new job and to keep his mind open. A bad thing about it is that he might feel pressured to do as well as Khoa and there could be some bad underlying competitiveness and jealously that could ruin their friendship.
Lagorda_12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lagorda_12 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 5e35a0.png[/img] ImageImageImage

Louzah
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Louzah »

doggo wrote:
cklein31 wrote:
teddyandmommy wrote: He definitely has an eating disorder or serious body issues. He was super healthy for years and then all of a sudden has one dessert and gains 30 pounds in a couple months from binging on unhealthy foods. And then turns around and restricts his calorie intake and works out every day to lose weight as fast as possible. I wish he would talk to someone about it
Obviously that in itself is an issue and I truly do hope he gets the help he needs, but it really really concerns me that their fan base is all young girls - and this is just an assumption but I feel like the little girls that get OBSESSED with them, making multi-platform fan accts, blindly defending them, etc are the type to be insecure and hearing one of their ~idols~ say that THAT is the way to be healthy might really convince them that's ok?! And that is so so scary to me. I'm also really annoyed Kyra hasn't said anything about it? She has to be more aware than that about healthy eating and exercise, right? Ugh
I remember Kyra once saying that Oscar (back before dessert gate) couldn't do some little food challenge because "he would never sacrifice his health". She totally buys into his mindset and enables it.
Dessert gate?

Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ilovecats »

Louzah wrote:
doggo wrote:
cklein31 wrote: Obviously that in itself is an issue and I truly do hope he gets the help he needs, but it really really concerns me that their fan base is all young girls - and this is just an assumption but I feel like the little girls that get OBSESSED with them, making multi-platform fan accts, blindly defending them, etc are the type to be insecure and hearing one of their ~idols~ say that THAT is the way to be healthy might really convince them that's ok?! And that is so so scary to me. I'm also really annoyed Kyra hasn't said anything about it? She has to be more aware than that about healthy eating and exercise, right? Ugh
Dessert gate?

He basically binged on desserts

sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

Dessert gate = Oscar ate ONE dessert after years of never ever eating sugary food and decided that since he'd lost his streak he might as well eat Domino's pizza and sweets with Kyra every night so he gained 20 pounds. He does not understand what healthy eating and moderation are and that you can have ice cream after dinner once in a while without meaning that you're now doomed to eat like shit all the time. He also didn't exercise at all since he had Levi (for a while there he didn't even walk when he had the hover board) so of course if he starts eating foods his body isn't used to he will gain weight. Now he's eating like a rabbit and working out all the time which is unsustainable. He needs to have an active lifestyle with his family, workout a little bit and eat a balanced diet that keeps him full and awake from 7 to 11 pm so he can be involved in his kids lives.
ckks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ckks »

LMFAO @ Oscar. drinking hot sauce is hard on the appendix.

amandahhh43
Informer
Informer

Unread post by amandahhh43 »

Ummmmmmm giving Levi hot sauce is legit child abuse ......... are they dumb serious question

missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

amandahhh43 wrote:Ummmmmmm giving Levi hot sauce is legit child abuse ......... are they dumb serious question

Are you dumb?????

teddyandmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by teddyandmommy »

amandahhh43 wrote:Ummmmmmm giving Levi hot sauce is legit child abuse ......... are they dumb serious question

LMAOOO
Chichi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Chichi »

Why would Kyra give Levi hot sauce again and again? Are they seriously lacking vlog content and resorting to such? I must say that their vlog content is lacking so much, plus their views decreasing daily... Even with the reintroduction of Comment of the Day..
snowflakecake
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by snowflakecake »

Levi is not going to keel over and die because they gave him hot sauce. They probably shouldn't continue to do it but one time is not going to harm him.
rbyrolg
Talker
Talker

Unread post by rbyrolg »

ckks wrote:
d4865 wrote:

I thought he just mentioned investing in real estate and gold and not being a real estate agent? has he mentioned wanting to be an agent before too? I may have missed that.

He did, it was his dream when he was still working in a warehouse, of course then the easy YouTube money started rolling in and he just said “fuck it”

Return to “OKBaby”