E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

canmom2
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Unread post by canmom2 »

tintin15 wrote:It doesn't matter if Ellie is a woman, and a typical waif of one at that. Women can 100% control, demean, and beat down men just as much as a man can do it to a woman. Ellie may not be able to take down Jared physically, but she can certainly do it mentally; which is just as bad, if not worse since it's so hard for people to believe it when it's happening to either gender. There's no "proof" and certainly a big, tough man couldn't be brought down by a girl.

Ellie is a wicked, horrible person. Jared obviously has his issues, but you can pretty much tell that he has been beaten down by her. He's not going to stand up to her or put his foot down, because his self-esteem is probably nothing. I agree that she's a narcissist and passive aggressive. She's definitely the type of person who will withhold things because she's angry, hate things just to spite someone, ignore something Jared is trying to tell her about if she's pissed, etc. If Jared put his foot down, she would find some way to hurt him.

That being said, I do feel bad for them about the miscarriage. It's not their fault. But I don't like seeing talk about that women can't be the controlling, abusive ones and instead turning it around on Jared...people do the same with Missy and Bryan, but I don't think Missy is as bad as Ellie (still bad, but Ellie is terrible)...glad to see other people showing the facts, and hope this conversation isn't hurting anyone.
Remember when they were distant a month or more back. You guys thought it had to do with money. Looking back i think they arguing about how to train Penny. You know Jared didn't want his precious dog trained that way.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
canmom2 wrote:I think this is a work vacation and maybe they couldnt get out of it. Jackson gonna have a great time. I was going to post another symptom that shows something different about Calvin. He really looks acts autistic but will wait until they return so they can read it.
Oh I'm sure they are still going to be reading here while they are gone. No way Ellie isn't spending a ton of time on the computer shopping and seeing what people have to say about her.

You don't expect her to spend the whole time with her kids do you?
I dont think internet is readily available if at all.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

canmom2 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
canmom2 wrote:I think this is a work vacation and maybe they couldnt get out of it. Jackson gonna have a great time. I was going to post another symptom that shows something different about Calvin. He really looks acts autistic but will wait until they return so they can read it.
Oh I'm sure they are still going to be reading here while they are gone. No way Ellie isn't spending a ton of time on the computer shopping and seeing what people have to say about her.

You don't expect her to spend the whole time with her kids do you?
I dont think internet is readily available if at all.
It is. It's just not fast enough to reliably upload a vlog.

Plus they would have cellular when in ports of call.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

I wonder where are going so many Islands are destroyed.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:
RubyRed wrote:Browsing Instagram and I see a profile for "Matt Mecham" pop up. He & his wife are expecting their 4th baby, due in April. Is this Jared's brother? Cousin? Either way, that's got to hurt.
That's Jared's brother. They vlog too, just look for "Matt and Em Vlogs" on youtube.
And when they announced their pregnancy, they got slammed by E&J minions saying how rude it was for them to get pregnant while E&J were "struggling". Please. This was before the miscarriage.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

There are still islands that weren't destroyed. Barbados is ok, Turks and Caicos are open to tourism again, Jamaica is fine, as are Cozumel, the Cayman islands, the Bahamas and the Disney private island, Castaway Cay. I wouldn't want to cruise the Caribbean during hurricane season, but whatever.
Oops-- that was supposed to be a quote.
RubyRed
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RubyRed »

lmmomSD wrote:
boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:
RubyRed wrote:Browsing Instagram and I see a profile for "Matt Mecham" pop up. He & his wife are expecting their 4th baby, due in April. Is this Jared's brother? Cousin? Either way, that's got to hurt.
That's Jared's brother. They vlog too, just look for "Matt and Em Vlogs" on youtube.
And when they announced their pregnancy, they got slammed by E&J minions saying how rude it was for them to get pregnant while E&J were "struggling". Please. This was before the miscarriage.

Oh yeah I don't think it was rude or anything. Just that I'm sure it'a hard for Ellie to hear, whether she shows it or not.

Someone said they had 5 miscarriages? That's awful.
YTIUH
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YTIUH »

littlebaby wrote:Guyssss i had a dream I was at E+J’s house and hanging out with Calvin (Jackson wasn’t in my dream at all) and Calvin was talking up a storm!! He said something about blueberry pie and wanting to take a picture with me. I even cried in my dream because I was so happy he was talking! It was so realistic that I might warm up to Calvin irl too. Weird stuff.

It’s so interesting when one of us has a dream about vloggers lmao but I love hearing them so I figured I’d share!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a dream I had to take care of Calvin and he was not responding to any of my talks :(
YTIUH
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YTIUH »

ewokfan11 wrote:
YTIUH wrote:
Addicted2vlogs wrote: Exactly! Also don't know if it's been mentioned already, but they have always split a whole days vlog up into a couple days of vlogs and just switched their clothes. Ruby uses that trick all the time. They definitely haven't daily vlogged for 1110 days straight. I swear they think we're all dumb.

How could you catch that? What gives it up?
Most family vloggers (and YTers in general) do it. It's an easy trick.
I know it would be easy. I was asking how cold you tell if a given vlog has been pre-recorded?
HeatherNancine
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by HeatherNancine »

RecklessDisregard wrote:Ma Griffiths mentioned a long time ago that she wanted to go on a cruise. So I agree it's a family thing. I wonder if Julie is going.
Grandma Griff has been posting Instagram stories from Europe over the last week or so. Don't think she would be back in time for a cruise.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

littlebaby wrote:Guyssss i had a dream I was at E+J’s house and hanging out with Calvin (Jackson wasn’t in my dream at all) and Calvin was talking up a storm!! He said something about blueberry pie and wanting to take a picture with me. I even cried in my dream because I was so happy he was talking! It was so realistic that I might warm up to Calvin irl too. Weird stuff.

It’s so interesting when one of us has a dream about vloggers lmao but I love hearing them so I figured I’d share!

Just like Jackson is not in some of the vlogs at all. Lol
Emma8385
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Emma8385 »

This is my first time posting here because I can’t sit back any longer and read ridiculous comments like this about Mormon culture. I have no clue where you are getting this information, but it’s completely laughable. I’ve lived in Utah my entire life and have grown up in the same culture that Ellie has her whole life. Let me educate you... Mormon women are encouraged to seek an education to be able to gain knowledge, better themselves and be able to be self sufficient. They are NOT told they are supposed to have five or more kids. Yes, they are encouraged to have children, but the number absolutely does not matter. There may be some people out there who judge for having less, but that’s on them. That’s not because that is what is taught or upheld. Mormons are not taught to “fake being happy” no matter what is going on in their lives, but instead are taught to count their blessings and lean on the Lord for comfort and guidance. The happiness comes from knowledge and faith of greater things to come and a loving Heavenly Father and Savior who understands all pain and sorrow. Mormonism is not a cult and the women are not taught to be perfect “stepford wives”. The culture may seem strange or foreign to some and I can understand that if I were not rom here. Please don’t bash something you know absolutely nothing about.
wonderwoman123
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by wonderwoman123 »

In 2010 I one a trip to Disney World. It was at the beginning of October. That is Disney's slowest time of year so that is when they give out free trips. The timing of this trip makes it obvious that this was paid for!
trumputin
Talker
Talker

Unread post by trumputin »

Emma8385 wrote:This is my first time posting here because I can’t sit back any longer and read ridiculous comments like this about Mormon culture. I have no clue where you are getting this information, but it’s completely laughable. I’ve lived in Utah my entire life and have grown up in the same culture that Ellie has her whole life. Let me educate you... Mormon women are encouraged to seek an education to be able to gain knowledge, better themselves and be able to be self sufficient. They are NOT told they are supposed to have five or more kids. Yes, they are encouraged to have children, but the number absolutely does not matter. There may be some people out there who judge for having less, but that’s on them. That’s not because that is what is taught or upheld. Mormons are not taught to “fake being happy” no matter what is going on in their lives, but instead are taught to count their blessings and lean on the Lord for comfort and guidance. The happiness comes from knowledge and faith of greater things to come and a loving Heavenly Father and Savior who understands all pain and sorrow. Mormonism is not a cult and the women are not taught to be perfect “stepford wives”. The culture may seem strange or foreign to some and I can understand that if I were not rom here. Please don’t bash something you know absolutely nothing about.
I know quite a bit about Mormonism. My best friend recently left the church. This almost reads as propaganda. Just because something isn't explicitly taught, doesn't mean it's not implicitly reinforced (hint: it is). There is a huge amount of pressure within the culture to almost be on the edge of quiverfull, to put family before career when it comes to women. It may not be preached word for word in the temple, but it sure is ingrained in the social life and expectations among many parishioners. That greatly shapes how many people see their world and what is considered desirable in their life, work, and society.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Wow! So many YT families are getting free Disney cruises!! Both Casey Neistat and Britt from NiveNulls were supposed to go two weekends ago - but those were canceled because of the hurricanes.

Pretty sure today was the first Disney cruise to go out in at least two weeks because of all the hurricanes. And, NOOOOOOO, they would NEVER go to damaged islands or areas. Don't be silly! These are PR trips to showcase the BEST they have to offer - and it's family-friendly Disney. I think the cruise E&J are on even had their planned ports changed to avoid the damaged areas.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

trumputin wrote:
Emma8385 wrote:This is my first time posting here because I can’t sit back any longer and read ridiculous comments like this about Mormon culture. I have no clue where you are getting this information, but it’s completely laughable. I’ve lived in Utah my entire life and have grown up in the same culture that Ellie has her whole life. Let me educate you... Mormon women are encouraged to seek an education to be able to gain knowledge, better themselves and be able to be self sufficient. They are NOT told they are supposed to have five or more kids. Yes, they are encouraged to have children, but the number absolutely does not matter. There may be some people out there who judge for having less, but that’s on them. That’s not because that is what is taught or upheld. Mormons are not taught to “fake being happy” no matter what is going on in their lives, but instead are taught to count their blessings and lean on the Lord for comfort and guidance. The happiness comes from knowledge and faith of greater things to come and a loving Heavenly Father and Savior who understands all pain and sorrow. Mormonism is not a cult and the women are not taught to be perfect “stepford wives”. The culture may seem strange or foreign to some and I can understand that if I were not rom here. Please don’t bash something you know absolutely nothing about.
I know quite a bit about Mormonism. My best friend recently left the church. This almost reads as propaganda. Just because something isn't explicitly taught, doesn't mean it's not implicitly reinforced (hint: it is). There is a huge amount of pressure within the culture to almost be on the edge of quiverfull, to put family before career when it comes to women. It may not be preached word for word in the temple, but it sure is ingrained in the social life and expectations among many parishioners. That greatly shapes how many people see their world and what is considered desirable in their life, work, and society.
You're friend that left the church is wrong. And incredibly bitter. You've been wrong about other things you've said regarding Mormonism as well. It's nothing close to quiverfull. The things you're trying to state as fact just aren't true.
trumputin
Talker
Talker

Unread post by trumputin »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
trumputin wrote:
You're friend that left the church is wrong. And incredibly bitter. You've been wrong about other things you've said regarding Mormonism as well. It's nothing close to quiverfull. The things you're trying to state as fact just aren't true.
I've said just about 0 things about Mormonism on here, so don't know what you're talking about. And I said the culture borders on quiverfull, not that it is. And of course she's pissed about how they treated her, suppressed her individuality, convoluted her sense of self as a woman and her church said some pretty cruel things when she was 26 and deciding to go to grad school and hadn't yet been married. You can defend Mormonism all you like, I've lived in SLC before, and while yes, I know plenty of nice mormons that I get along with, the foundation upon which many of their beliefs are built are rooted in sexist views that has nothing to do with God and everything to do with limiting what the women in their congregation can do.
priestess
Talker
Talker

Unread post by priestess »

(i think this may be in response to an earlier post in which i added sources & links from exmormons & current mormons)

thanks ellie i appreciate the input, bae, have fun on the cruise! linking you to some light reading! i'm currently channeling my inner cersei and drinking wine in your honor.

i mean no one mentioned the word "cult" until ya did, but if the shoe fits.... if anyone has to say "i'm not in a cult" to convince others that they're not in a cult, then they may be in a cult.

outsiders may have not been raised in that culture, but exmo's do give an insight as to how things work. obviously, everyone's experience is different, particularly those who live outside of utah & in SLC. i included links and & everything in my post for their experiences so it's not like i'm just rattling off bullshit. exmormons literally have nothing to gain/lose when posting, so i don't understand why they would lie. mormon people themselves are not bad; it's just the policies that are problematic.

all i can go off are experiences from those in & out of the church & what is up on official LDS websites. for instance,
  • this LDS manual titled Mother's Employment Outside the Home leads with a bunch of old white guys essentialy saying the same thing: men are expected to work, women are expected to be full time homemakers.
  • Women in the Church essentially says that the most women can do is become president of RS/YW/Primary, teach sunday school, and pray & speak in meetings. like sure, go to college for 4 years, but then get married 2 months after and become president of RS.
  • in the Eternal Marriage Student Manual published in 2003, under "Women's Divine Roles & Responsibilities," it states that "It is divinely ordained what a woman should do, but a man must seek out his work. The divine work of women involves companionship, homemaking, and motherhood." they say women CAN work, but why do so? "Of course, as a woman you can do exceptionally well in the workplace, but is that the best use of your divinely appointed talents and feminine traits?"
  • on the other hand, the Men's Divine Roles & Responsibilities website says that men should work & "are the presiding authority in the home." also, all women are "seeking the fulfillment of a [their] greatest desire to have a husband, a family, and a home." granted, that's from the 70's, but why is it still up there? why not replace it with updated views unless that viewpoint is up to date?
those are official writings. they're on the actual lds website. policies can & will impact culture. maybe it's changing in newer generations and isn't as persistant as before (hopefully so you can get more comfortable temple garmets & show some shoulder porn) but it may not be changing fast enough for some.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

wonderwoman123 wrote:In 2010 I one a trip to Disney World. It was at the beginning of October. That is Disney's slowest time of year so that is when they give out free trips. The timing of this trip makes it obvious that this was paid for!
I went to disney in October and novenber after thanksging trip was free but the food was . It is a bjuiness trip they are noy paying for evything. It was a business plan made months ago..
Do you guys get the feeling
bonnie doesnt like flimimh evee5 other day of. I havented watch april and davey stince they started
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

I truly wonder what they are like without vlogging. I'm willing to bet they're having the fight/argument of a lifetime- a built up of 4 years of disagreements finally are coming out on the table.
Jared would be truly relaxing without needing to pull out enthusiasm out of his ass or pulling Ellie's teeth to make her positive for the vlogs...

Return to “Ellie and Jared”