8 Remodeled Passengers | Part 6

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Remodeled Passengers | Part 6

Unread post by KaterTot »

I don't think it's funny or ok to let a 4 yr old strip down in the middle of a mall to try on clothes. That is something a child like a 1 and 2 yr old would do because they didn't know better. 4 should know better but she's allowed to have naked parties outside with her 5 yr old brother at home so she has no idea what she's supposed to be doing. Ruby tells these naked stories like it's so cute and if you didn't know she was 4 you wouldn't bat an eyelash. Yes kids do that stuff but like I said much younger. She is stunted by them. It is like they keep her 2 yrs old or something. It's twisted. I know it's her last baby but she has to start disciplining her and all the others too. When she tells them to do something and they laugh and don't do it and she keeps repeating herself and not doing anything but looking at the camera while she does it makes me mad!
You can say we don't see off camera but their behavior when she disciplines on camera and their outright defiance is no different off camera I am sure. I am really sure Ruby is not tougher on them either, she is a lazy parent, she just exudes lazy.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

ujvs_ wrote:It is SO dangerous to charge your phone in the bathroom - I still don't understand the need for American bathrooms to have power outlets with high voltage. A girl recently died whilst in the bath and dropped her phone in the water when it was plugged in. I just don't want a tragedy to happen.
In America for electrical work to be up to code you need to install GCFI outlets anywhere where they can come into contact with water. Basically if you get something wet that's connected to that circuit it trips the local circuit (shuts off power) instead of the whole house. It's very safe and effective. At some point Europe will catch on.
Dusty_Sidebar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Dusty_Sidebar »

Can't believe Ruby does carpool in a dressing gown with bed head. I'd be mortified if my mum had ever done that to me, especially with other people who aren't family in the car.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Dusty_Sidebar wrote:Can't believe Ruby does carpool in a dressing gown with bed head. I'd be mortified if my mum had ever done that to me, especially with other people who aren't family in the car.
Lol I liked this but then I remembered this morning I dropped off my 2 year old at home daycare still in my sweats, no bra on and bed head bun hair with no makeup/broken out skin lol Image but I'm also a nurse working the evening shift so I don't get home until 12 am, fall asleep at 1 am if I'm lucky, wake up at 5:30 am with 2 year old and try to spend a few hours together before I drop her off at 9 am... and then repeat. At work now...I'm tired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

gymchick43 wrote:
Dusty_Sidebar wrote:Can't believe Ruby does carpool in a dressing gown with bed head. I'd be mortified if my mum had ever done that to me, especially with other people who aren't family in the car.
Lol I liked this but then I remembered this morning I dropped off my 2 year old at home daycare still in my sweats, no bra on and bed head bun hair with no makeup/broken out skin lol Image but I'm also a nurse working the evening shift so I don't get home until 12 am, fall asleep at 1 am if I'm lucky, wake up at 5:30 am with 2 year old and try to spend a few hours together before I drop her off at 9 am... and then repeat. At work now...I'm tired.

But sweats are still better than a robe, I think. Or maybe it's just because I like you...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

^^ my mom intentionally embarrassed my sister by coming out to the town square (across from our home) in her robe when she was late for curefew at around Shari's age. My sister was never late again. I guess that since she vlogs in her pjs she doesn't care.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

ujvs_ wrote:It is SO dangerous to charge your phone in the bathroom - I still don't understand the need for American bathrooms to have power outlets with high voltage. A girl recently died whilst in the bath and dropped her phone in the water when it was plugged in. I just don't want a tragedy to happen.

If Eve gets her hands on something like that it could be extremely bad. Why would she not think that is highly unsafe and just plain stupid. Not to mention, unsanitary. They should plug it up and cut off the electricity to it immediately.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

lmmomSD wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:

But sweats are still better than a robe, I think. Or maybe it's just because I like you...

Haha. I agree. And I think dropping off your 2 y/o at daycare is a whole different ballgame than driving your teenager with carpool to high school.

What happened to Ruby making sure she looks pretty and put together in the morning so that her kids know she loves them??? Get it together Rubes!
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

red3head wrote:I thought one of the reason she delayed the clogs was so we wouldn't know when Kevin was out of town but on ig she announced that he was out of town???

I also thought of that? Why even mention Kevins whereabouts and when he isn't going to be at home if your'e really worried about the family's safety. It has never been about the children's safety with the Griffiths. Ruby has put out so much info about her family, glimpse of the children's schools and other stuff. Not everything needs to be shared with the world because you daily vlog. I think that there's a little need to brag a little and show off sometimes.

I still though, understand why she couldn't by her self daily vlog and upload the same day. It's just to much work, just don't like her lying about it and use the kids as an excuse.
Dusty_Sidebar
Talker
Talker

I actually think the van is a good thing for them, with 6 growing kids its nice they all get a bit of personal space in the van especially if they are gonna be making long drives commuting to school they have space to do homework etc. - also super cool they have outlets so can get ready a bit too. I don't know how far away Chad's school is but if its like a 2 hour round commute i could see it being worth the investment. What i'm not impressed with is the tv, i hope they don't now all spend every journey glued to it (especially at russell and eve's age). Also on the drive the party why no carseats for eve and russell??! yeah it take time to fit them into a new car, but i'm sure your child's safety is worth that!
PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

Dusty_Sidebar wrote:I actually think the van is a good thing for them, with 6 growing kids its nice they all get a bit of personal space in the van especially if they are gonna be making long drives commuting to school they have space to do homework etc. - also super cool they have outlets so can get ready a bit too. I don't know how far away Chad's school is but if its like a 2 hour round commute i could see it being worth the investment. What i'm not impressed with is the tv, i hope they don't now all spend every journey glued to it (especially at russell and eve's age). Also on the drive the party why no carseats for eve and russell??! yeah it take time to fit them into a new car, but i'm sure your child's safety is worth that!
You're grossly underestimating Ruby's ignorance when it comes to her childrens' safety.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Russell's reaction to being signed up for wrestling shows that he has a lot of anxiety. I was like that as a child too and would've reacted to the news of being signed up to a public activity without speaking about before hand, just like he did. Ruby should've talked to him about it first. I really feel for Russell. He just doesn't have the guidance he needs from his parents.
overtherainbow
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by overtherainbow »

Defuego wrote:Russell's reaction to being signed up for wrestling shows that he has a lot of anxiety. I was like that as a child too and would've reacted to the news of being signed up to a public activity without speaking about before hand, just like he did. Ruby should've talked to him about it first. I really feel for Russell. He just doesn't have the guidance he needs from his parents.
But he asked for karate! why can't this family get their kids what they really want? it seems like the would give them the world only if it suits their stupid believes.
god I can't take more of thier gender bullshit. they never hear the kid out. the just give them the most manly of feminine thing they can.
izzythecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by izzythecat »

If I was at Rubys house while Russell was washing his feet in the KITCHEN sink, my reaction would be like Daisy's too. Disgusting. She was gagging, and I'm sure never wants to visit again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

overtherainbow wrote:
Defuego wrote:Russell's reaction to being signed up for wrestling shows that he has a lot of anxiety. I was like that as a child too and would've reacted to the news of being signed up to a public activity without speaking about before hand, just like he did. Ruby should've talked to him about it first. I really feel for Russell. He just doesn't have the guidance he needs from his parents.
But he asked for karate! why can't this family get their kids what they really want? it seems like the would give them the world only if it suits their stupid believes.
god I can't take more of thier gender bullshit. they never hear the kid out. the just give them the most manly of feminine thing they can.
And karate isn't exactly "girly" anyway. What a bunch of weirdos.

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Food is prepared in and around the sink...how foul to wash dirty feet there. When our feet were dirty as kids my mom would have us wash them with the hose outside or in the bath/shower. I can't imagine letting a child stick their dirty feet in the kitchen sink.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

lmmomSD wrote:
overtherainbow wrote:

What? Did they say karate was too girly?!
Dusty_Sidebar
Talker
Talker

Defuego wrote:Food is prepared in and around the sink...how foul to wash dirty feet there. When our feet were dirty as kids my mom would have us wash them with the hose outside or in the bath/shower. I can't imagine letting a child stick their dirty feet in the kitchen sink.
This is almost up there with OK baby washing their poop covered baby in the kitchen sink :lol:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

natalka81 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
overtherainbow wrote: But he asked for karate! why can't this family get their kids what they really want? it seems like the would give them the world only if it suits their stupid believes.

What? Did they say karate was too girly?!
No, I was responding to the person talking about gender roles. It seems weird to not want to give him karate lessons, if that's what he wants.

theyellow_daisy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by theyellow_daisy »

I genuinely feel bad for Russell being signed up for wrestling. It was clear that it wasn't something that he wanted to do, and because it was something that he was signed up for without talking about it first, it obviously caused him stress. Plus, didn't they just talk about signing him up for karate a few vlogs back?

And while I do appreciate Ruby letting Russell know that "if you don't like it, you can quit", as a dance teacher who sees and hears this quite often with kids signing up for dance lessons, I get annoyed when kids start, and then just quit an activity.

Return to “8 Passengers”