C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

Unread post by Playsinrain »

TheETZmom wrote:I honestly think its ridiculous to think it has anything to do with a sister who's release is over a week away....she would never be asked to live with C&K......never

now a wild thought....wonder what Ashley Madison is doing these days???? LOL I think Cullen drinks...a lot....so does Jay...jmo

now a thought that has nothing to do with anything....why do these families leave a house with a nice size living/family room....move into a huge house and end up in a tiny playroom with a too high tv??
Huh??? They spend plenty of time in their living room. They hang out in the play room with the kids.. nothing wrong with that...
I don't see why she wouldn't ask to stay with c&k if she had nowhere else to go.. she is his sister.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

HashtagBlessed wrote:Cullen was clearly upset that they didn't upload a vlog, saying it "sucked" and it was a "weird day." His whole demeanor was dispirited and dejected, and he acted like was holding back. But then Katie is brushing it off, laughing and saying that they just didn't have anything to say and they just forgot to pick up the camera. It was like they had completely different feelings about it and were filming two completely different videos. Very odd.

It was strange that Katie said she didn't realize people were asking about them until later that night, and just encouraged people to check all of her social media for any sign of activity. Um, okay. Or you could just make a quick tweet or something to say that you're taking a day off. It didn't sound like just a casual day off to me though, something happened and it wasn't good so they didn't vlog. I think it relates to marital problems.
His emotions seemed more legit to me, like there is something heavy going on, hers seemed to be put on, like she wanted him to follow her lead and act like it was no big deal, but he couldn't do that. Cullen doesn't hide his emotions very well. He seemed pretty upset.
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

If something happend while we was driving and vlogging, I doubt Katie would have been doing it in today's vlog. Who knows with these two though.
daffodilz
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by daffodilz »

I am so aggravated at Cullen and Katie right now, but even more aggravated at myself for caring and investing 4 ½ years of my life watching a family when they do not even have enough respect for their viewers to take ten seconds of their precious time to tweet that they are taking the day off from vlogging. And then insulting their viewers with what I perceive to be a lie as to why they didn’t post anything.

I, like others, believe they deserve to take time off from vlogging and should every now and then, but just don’t leave us hanging.

I wish Katie would take some much needed time off and get away for a few days with her friends. I know this would be difficult with ALL the responsibilities SHE has, but I think grandoc, grandolly, grandberry and Kelly would help to make this possible.

With that said, Katie, I hope you are reading this. My aggravation is actually a good sign that I care. But I will not let myself be effected like this again. My time is important too. If you cannot be truthful, then a simple, “We need a day off” will suffice and be respected. Those of us who have been loyal viewers know you and Cullen well enough to know when something is up. And actually care.
spooky
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spooky »

I wasn't around much yesterday; but in reference to the instagram stories...did Cullen put up some videos or just Katie? Cullen was definitely upset in the "what happened yesterday" video (chomping his gum really hard, at a loss for words.."after we were out at the uh, in the backyard) then Katie seemed to be holding back a bit (shifting eyes, laughing in weird places, etc.). The excuse of not looking at twitter all day is bs; because they always have there phones with them.

As many of you have said before, Katie is fed up with Cullen and his antics; they may have just had a big fight and Cullen left for the majority of the day and "by the time they realized they hadn't uploaded" it was time for the nighttime routine and maybe another discussion was had after the kids went to bed. Something has definitely been up with them the past few months and perhaps they finally had it out. I wish them well in whatever is going on; they're probably the only vloggers left I identify with (minus the no 9-5 gig, and lack of a brand new fancy house).
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

I’m liking the Cullen hungover idea and Katie’s like that’s your own effing fault. We all know how he gets just with a tiny cold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cynthiadancer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cynthiadancer »

calliepaige84 wrote:I’m liking the Cullen hungover idea and Katie’s like that’s your own effing fault. We all know how he gets just with a tiny cold!

This is what I think happened too! I do think Cullen has been having a melt down of sorts lately, not sure why. But there was the entire day he didn't vlog and then he showed up the next morning seeming extremely hungover to me with a quick "I didn't feel like vlogging so I didn't" explanation. I think whatever he pulled this time caused them to really have it out and Katie basically said I'm not covering for you or vlogging, too bad. To me they started changing right around the time they started looking for a new house, a few months after Brooks was born. They stopped having those nightly chats with the camera where they talked about themselves, their thoughts and feelings, their day... and they just seemed a lot more separate. There's a whole lot of running errands that Cullen does and it seems excessive like he's just trying to get out of the house. At first I chalked up their weirdness to adjusting to 2 kids but it's gone on way too long for that and it only got worse when they moved. Remember Cullen's crying fit when they were packing to move and overwhelmed and Katie couldn't sleep in for her birthday? I'm willing to bet there was more that contributed to that at the time too, it just seems like there has to be. Whatever it is I hope they figure it out.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

If Katie was just proving a point by leaving him hanging, then I think that's absurd. Vlogging is THEIR job.... not just Cullen's. If they have issues, then she can't sit back and just let her family lose money to prove a point. I'm tired of the vlogger men getting tons of flack for being douches, while the women get a pass because they are just stay at home moms. They want all these fancy homes and lavish lifestyles, but can't contribute to the vlogs in the same way? Katie sound prove she doesn't need Cullen by holding everything together. Heck, she should be getting her ass back to work at least part time if things are starting to slip just in case.

Let's be real here, not even Tweeting what was going on was like just not calling into work. They didn't just forget.

I don't etch as often anymore, but every time I do I think Cullen seems under the influence of something.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Am I the only one who initially thought Cullen was only trying to act upset that they didn't vlog? I'll admit, after seeing what everyone here has had to say, my view has shifted. But, when I first watched, I thought Cullen was trying hard to make it seem like "it sucked" and Katie was kind of side eyeing/laughing at him because she couldn't take him seriously - because she knew how bad his acting was... haha.

Not saying anyone here is wrong (because, I'm sure we won't ever know for certain anyway Image) but just thought I'd offer an alternative viewpoint that I hadn't already seen mentioned.

This whole thing is kind of a double edged sword imo. On one hand, I agree with what Playsinrain said about how it could come off as attention seeking if they said that they were dealing with something and left it at that; but at the same time, I'm also offended that they're lying and trying to make it seem like they "forgot." I'm trying to think of an unproblematic way that they could've handled it, but I can't... At the end of the day though, I think honesty is the best policy. Personally, if I was in their situation, I think I would rather be accused of attention seeking (when I know that I'm not), than flat out lie. I mean, they are vloggers, after all; attention seeking is their livelihood. With that in mind, I doubt that not wanting to come off as "attention seeking" was on the forefront of their minds when they decided to lie.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I'm interested to see how this plays out and considering Cullen tweeted that we will be getting a very long video today which was a simple tweet (no pun word, no gif, etc) which is out of the ordinary for him.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Am I the only one who initially thought Cullen was only trying to act upset that they didn't vlog? I'll admit, after seeing what everyone here has had to say, my view has shifted. But, when I first watched, I thought Cullen was trying hard to make it seem like "it sucked" and Katie was kind of side eyeing/laughing at him because she couldn't take him seriously - because she knew how bad his acting was... haha.
I am somewhere in the middle. I think it was one of those situations where it felt really good for them to take the day off while they were actually taking the day off, but then the next day they realized that they went about it the wrong way, and felt guilty for doing it because it's so out of the norm for them. So I don't think Cullen was acting when he said "it sucks," but I think he was more upset that 1. it was over, and 2. that he knew he was going to have to lie about not making the right decision to tell everyone first. Katie was smirking because she knew he had a great day off with the family (if we're not going with a theory that something bad happened) and he's being overdramatic.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I wonder if today's long vlog will be to "make-up" for the shorter one or to deal with the backlash or explain, etc.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

HelloSweetie wrote:If Katie was just proving a point by leaving him hanging, then I think that's absurd. Vlogging is THEIR job.... not just Cullen's. If they have issues, then she can't sit back and just let her family lose money to prove a point. I'm tired of the vlogger men getting tons of flack for being douches, while the women get a pass because they are just stay at home moms. They want all these fancy homes and lavish lifestyles, but can't contribute to the vlogs in the same way? Katie sound prove she doesn't need Cullen by holding everything together. Heck, she should be getting her ass back to work at least part time if things are starting to slip just in case.

Let's be real here, not even Tweeting what was going on was like just not calling into work. They didn't just forget.

I don't etch as often anymore, but every time I do I think Cullen seems under the influence of something.
I agree with you to a point, but Katie does everything in their house. She's the sole caregiver for the kids, and I'm sure she does most of the housework. The only thing Cullen does do is the vlogs, and even then Katie helps film them more often than not. She's fully capable of vlogging on her own and she has in the past when Cullen "wasn't feeling it."

I agree that both parents need to contribute equally to youtube, and to raising their children if they're going to stay at home. But Katie is doing everything, while Cullen has decided that he doesn't have to do anything. She's even taking the initiative to sell those stupid scam things that I hate, but at least she's trying to earn money. If she was trying to prove a point by not covering for him then I think it came from a place of deep frustration and being tired of picking up his slack. I can't really blame her, because nothing she's done before has made him change his ways.

All speculation, of course, but that's why it's fun
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Add to the fact they haven't been on social media all day yesterday either (except to upload the vlog & advertise it in multiple platforms) & Cullen's vague tweet about long video today.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

It would be nice to see them humble a bit and have realized they went about the day off all wrong. Yes they deserve days off, but let people know. Don't think people are stupid and will believe you just forgot to mention it when you were posting all day to Instagram. And Cullen's comment about how he thought about posting but was like ehh oh well was pretty rude towards people who do actually like them.

I don't think they need to come clean about the real reason they didn't have a vlog, sure I would appreciate it and respect them for it if they did but it's their business and I understand that. I do think it's something big though, more then just being worn out or a marital fight, and if they're going to continue daily blogging it'll likely come out anyways.

I really think Cullen has some major issues. He doesn't help Katie with the kids, he doesn't do much of anything apart from goofing off and editing videos. Katie has filmed the daily vlog by herself a few times because Cullen wasn in to it. Have we seen a video where Katie didn't film?
kw_11
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kw_11 »

Don’t usually write here. I’m one of the younger ones (college freshman) so I get intimidated sometimes. But I’m sitting on the floor before my 10:00 am history class, lurking as always, and I figured giving my two cents would pass some time. Lol. I used to be up CK’s ass, but something has seemed so off about them lately. And I feel like it’s been that way since they’ve been in their new house. I mean, that’s when I stopped watching them religiously. I used to watch their vlogs the second I sat my backpack down after school. Now I could care less, unless it’s something special like Gaines’ birthday recently. Cullen seems like something is really up with him, Katie just seems fishy. Something just seems really up with them. And I can’t put my finger on it. I wish them the best if something is wrong. But I’m very aggravated as well. I, along with many of their old viewers, contributed to them being able to live the life they’re living. And they can’t give us more than some bullshit excuse. It makes me lack sympathy for whatever may be going on.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

kw_11 wrote:Don’t usually write here. I’m one of the younger ones (college freshman) so I get intimidated sometimes. Image But I’m sitting on the floor before my 10:00 am history class, lurking as always, and I figured giving my two cents would pass some time. Lol. I used to be up CK’s ass, but something has seemed so off about them lately. And I feel like it’s been that way since they’ve been in their new house. I mean, that’s when I stopped watching them religiously. I used to watch their vlogs the second I sat my backpack down after school. Now I could care less, unless it’s something special like Gaines’ birthday recently. Cullen seems like something is really up with him, Katie just seems fishy. Something just seems really up with them. And I can’t put my finger on it. I wish them the best if something is wrong. But I’m very aggravated as well. I, along with many of their old viewers, contributed to them being able to live the life they’re living. And they can’t give us more than some bullshit excuse. It makes me lack sympathy for whatever may be going on.

Don't be intimidated! We don't bite. We might bark occasionally, but your opinion is definitely valid!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I agree, something is fishy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

I miss their nightly chats as well. They were one of the only vlogger families left that seemed so real and true still. They would open up about different things and everything wasn’t a production or shots for montages I like others

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:If Katie was just proving a point by leaving him hanging, then I think that's absurd. Vlogging is THEIR job.... not just Cullen's. If they have issues, then she can't sit back and just let her family lose money to prove a point. I'm tired of the vlogger men getting tons of flack for being douches, while the women get a pass because they are just stay at home moms. They want all these fancy homes and lavish lifestyles, but can't contribute to the vlogs in the same way? Katie sound prove she doesn't need Cullen by holding everything together. Heck, she should be getting her ass back to work at least part time if things are starting to slip just in case.

I agree with you to a point, but Katie does everything in their house. She's the sole caregiver for the kids, and I'm sure she does most of the housework. The only thing Cullen does do is the vlogs, and even then Katie helps film them more often than not. She's fully capable of vlogging on her own and she has in the past when Cullen "wasn't feeling it."

I agree that both parents need to contribute equally to youtube, and to raising their children if they're going to stay at home. But Katie is doing everything, while Cullen has decided that he doesn't have to do anything. She's even taking the initiative to sell those stupid scam things that I hate, but at least she's trying to earn money. If she was trying to prove a point by not covering for him then I think it came from a place of deep frustration and being tired of picking up his slack. I can't really blame her, because nothing she's done before has made him change his ways.

All speculation, of course, but that's why it's fun
You shouldn't underestimate the editing work Cullen does though, it takes a lot of work relatively, and contains the most work of uploading a video - although mentally it seems very hard to me to constantly having to film your life and even when not filming having this 'filming' in the back of your mind. I wonder if you ever feel truly free and careless again.

So Katie isn't fully capable of vlogging on her own, but depends on Cullen for the editing since she never learned how to, unlike Kelly. Just adding this.
rd_valo
Informer
Informer

Unread post by rd_valo »

Blah blah blah. Their babbling about how stressful the last five months have been is bull. They have made the choice to do all these things in that time. These two are quickly forgetting what its like to live a ‘normal’ life. Woe is me, we’re so hard done by because we chose to vlog daily and do fun things that most people don’t get the opportunity to do.
They really need to grow up and join the real world
I dunno about everyone else but I’m rapidly becoming completely over their whining

Return to “Cullen and Katie”