C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

Unread post by Playsinrain »

madi_b_123 wrote:I know this is a gossip site and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I just feel like they can't win for losing. I am about to graduate with a degree in social work so maybe that skews my thinking, but everyone has struggles and it's OKAY to talk about them. It's actually healthy! You may be a single mom who has 10 kids and lives in public housing and works 2 jobs and you have struggles that should be validated. You may be a four person family with 2 working parents who live paycheck to paycheck and you have struggles that should be validated. You may be the queen of England but you have struggles that should be validated. It doesn't matter if someone chose the life they have or not, but we all react to situations differently. Saying that just because people have it worse means you shouldn't struggle is a dangerous way of thinking. With the prevalence of social media these days, everyone is comparing their lives to one another but we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. It's so important to understand that it's OK to talk about your emotions and your struggles because everyone (LITERALLY EVERYONE) deals with stuff that we don't know about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YES!! THANK YOU!! Just bc someone's struggles are different than your own doesn't mean they aren't valid. If the worst problem in your day is a bad hair day. you still have the right to feel bummed bc your hair looks bad.. lol
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Playsinrain wrote:
boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:
rd_valo wrote:Blah blah blah. Their babbling about how stressful the last five months have been is bull. They have made the choice to do all these things in that time. These two are quickly forgetting what its like to live a ‘normal’ life. Woe is me, we’re so hard done by because we chose to vlog daily and do fun things that most people don’t get the opportunity to do.
They really need to grow up and join the real world Image
I dunno about everyone else but I’m rapidly becoming completely over their whining

Meh, I don't see why they're not ever allowed to complain. People make plenty of decisions everyday that can be very stressful even though you choose to do them. Taking a new job opportunity, buying a house, having a baby, etc. All things that are thought-out choices but can still be very demanding and stressful. Yes they chose to travel, have huge parties, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't voice their feelings about it being fulfilling, yet difficult.

People love to complain about Ellie and Joan about the pain/grief olympics, yet if any vlogger complains about something everyone quickly goes "Daily vloggers shouldn't complain about ABC because they wouldn't last a day in my life of doing XYZ". I don't see how it's any different. It's not a competition. People are allowed to have tough times even if someone else has it worse than them.
I 100% agree with this, they have every right to discuss issues that are bothering them and effecting the vlogs. They are damned if the do and damned if they don't. We get an explanation of what is going on, and yet thats not good enough, even though yesterday we all wanted an explanation, the one they give us (which is completely valid IMO) today isn't good enough. People say they think thy are burnt out, but when they admit it, its not a good enough excuse. It's just so strange to me. They need a break, so i'm glad they are taking steps to work on their family, their marriage and their relationships with others. It's been discussed that they turn to the camera when they have something cute or dramatic or a date night, and they acknowledge that it's become an issue, but yet it's not ok for them to voice that? When we sit and say they should and should change that?? I don't get it... Thats not a bad thing to realize you need to work on yourself and your family and i commend them for seeing that it's taking a toll and being proactive in working on that. good for them, i hope this helps them and they go forward with a healthier relationship from here on out.
Its not that theyre complaining that bothers me. Its Katie being incredibly defensive and repeating over and over she isnt complaining. Yes, Katie you were complaining! And you now what, thats ok, own it. But then make a decision and get on with it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And no, it's not that vloggers have no right to their feelings and to talk about being stressed. But they weren't talking about normal stressors like having two kids and navigating a marriage. That makes people relatable. Like when Bonnie talks about how she and Joel aren't perfect. They're complaining because their huge house is stressful, they're traveling too much and planning big parties. And then mocking people who work hard just to provide a roof for their kids.
They are seriously out of touch with reality.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:What I got from that video, is Katie is exhausted from carrying the load of every single thing except for vlogging and told Cullen to man up.
Watching their expressions and body language, I think I see the opposite. Something is going on with Cullen and Katie is trying to hold onto him. His body language has him turned slightly away from her. He is reluctant to move the side of his body against her, and keeps awkwardly putting his free arm behind his head and neck... careful to never actually touch her. Katie on the other hand, is rambly, justifying and is leaning on and holding onto him. I was previously in an unhealthy relationship, and I can see a lot of familiar signs in how Katie is rambling and generally speaking with a "it's going to be fine, we have a plan!" positivity. If Katie were annoyed with Cullen, and had put her foot down, then I don't think they would be taking time off from vlogs. That sounds like her conceding to make his life easier. Having him stop up would be telling him that he needs to learn to do the vlogs and help out around home. I mean, would anyone else encourage there husband just start working less in order to help out around home? That sounds like enabling to me.

Plus Cullen has a sadness in his eyes that is really noticeable. I know that they just got back from therapy, but it's been there for awhile now.

I came away from the vlog feeling like they resented the audience and had no appreciation for it. How unfortunately that these families are teaching their children (unintentionally) to have this entitled mentality.

I agree with this. Cullen has been checked out of that family for awhile now. Sure he plays with the kids, for cute vlog footage, but I think thats about all he does.
FitMom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by FitMom »

I think is it funny that some on here will defend their complaining about the vlogging life. Then they turn around and look down on the daily bumps (which I don't like DB at all) when they complain about being tired and such. These two vlogging couples are both doing the same thing. They both complain about the same thing.

All of this could have easily been avoided by just tweeting that they needed a day off. Or even making a video before that stating about the live stream idea. I am sure most people wouldn't even care.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

People have a right to now want to hear them complain. Many of us started out watching a completely relatable family in a normal house, working full time and trying to conceive. We started watching that struggle. I don't tune in to watch the Kardashians complain about how hard their life is.

People aren't as quick to give Bryan and Missy a pass for owning their feelings when they complain
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
boredmamaneedsdrama wrote: I dunno about everyone else but I’m rapidly becoming completely over their whining

Meh, I don't see why they're not ever allowed to complain. People make plenty of decisions everyday that can be very stressful even though you choose to do them. Taking a new job opportunity, buying a house, having a baby, etc. All things that are thought-out choices but can still be very demanding and stressful. Yes they chose to travel, have huge parties, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't voice their feelings about it being fulfilling, yet difficult.

People love to complain about Ellie and Joan about the pain/grief olympics, yet if any vlogger complains about something everyone quickly goes "Daily vloggers shouldn't complain about ABC because they wouldn't last a day in my life of doing XYZ". I don't see how it's any different. It's not a competition. People are allowed to have tough times even if someone else has it worse than them.
I 100% agree with this, they have every right to discuss issues that are bothering them and effecting the vlogs. They are damned if the do and damned if they don't. We get an explanation of what is going on, and yet thats not good enough, even though yesterday we all wanted an explanation, the one they give us (which is completely valid IMO) today isn't good enough. People say they think thy are burnt out, but when they admit it, its not a good enough excuse. It's just so strange to me. They need a break, so i'm glad they are taking steps to work on their family, their marriage and their relationships with others. It's been discussed that they turn to the camera when they have something cute or dramatic or a date night, and they acknowledge that it's become an issue, but yet it's not ok for them to voice that? When we sit and say they should and should change that?? I don't get it... Thats not a bad thing to realize you need to work on yourself and your family and i commend them for seeing that it's taking a toll and being proactive in working on that. good for them, i hope this helps them and they go forward with a healthier relationship from here on out.
Its not that theyre complaining that bothers me. Its Katie being incredibly defensive and repeating over and over she isnt complaining. Yes, Katie you were complaining! And you now what, thats ok, own it. But then make a decision and get on with it.[/quote]

I see it differently, in a different context than that. I think she's frustrated that people think she isn't allowed to complain about life, when 100% she is allowed. I would feel the same way she does. Explaining WHY you are struggling isn't a complaint, its voicing your feelings. I didn't take a thing either of them said as a true complaint, but more of a these are our feelings and emotions and struggles right now, this is why we want to take a break and reevaluate and we feel like we owe you a better explaination.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I really dont believe that vlogging is the source of the issues.

Cullen has been checked out, thats not because he has to edit some videos.

I really think Katie has been picking up his slack for their entire marriage and its exhausting. I think Cullen has some substance issues, laziness, and probably a wondering eye.

I dont really believe any of their issues wouldnt be issues if they didnt have youtube. Katie has always wanted a fancier lifestyle then Cullen could provide, she would have pushed this house move regardless of their jobs.

And there is no way that being stresesd out made them "forget" to vlog and "forget" to post they were taking a day off. Something BIG happened. Being stresed isnt the reason.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Anyone think they're fighting over money or the channel itself? It's clear it's not really going anywhere... crappy views and slow subscriber count. Cullen needs to do something different.
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

lmmomSD wrote:And no, it's not that vloggers have no right to their feelings and to talk about being stressed. But they weren't talking about normal stressors like having two kids and navigating a marriage. That makes people relatable. Like when Bonnie talks about how she and Joel aren't perfect. They're complaining because their huge house is stressful, they're traveling too much and planning big parties. And then mocking people who work hard just to provide a roof for their kids.

Well the thing is, not everyone is relatable. Everyone has different lives and those are their stresses. I can't relate to everyone on this board. But that doesn't mean that I can invalidate their feelings just because I can't relate to them and they're not my normal stressors. People say C&K are mocking people, yet they're also mocking C&K. How is that any better?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:And no, it's not that vloggers have no right to their feelings and to talk about being stressed. But they weren't talking about normal stressors like having two kids and navigating a marriage. That makes people relatable. Like when Bonnie talks about how she and Joel aren't perfect. They're complaining because their huge house is stressful, they're traveling too much and planning big parties. And then mocking people who work hard just to provide a roof for their kids.

But like it's been said, just bc they have different struggles doesnt invalidate them. no i can't relate to vlogger problems, but i can understand the struggles they have. I can't relate to your struggles as a parent of a special needs child, but that doesn't make your struggles less valid in my eyes. Everyone walks a different path... i also didn't see it as mocking at all, she was validating others struggles as well.
Last edited by Playsinrain on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

FitMom wrote:I think is it funny that some on here will defend their complaining about the vlogging life. Then they turn around and look down on the daily bumps (which I don't like DB at all) when they complain about being tired and such. These two vlogging couples are both doing the same thing. They both complain about the same thing.

All of this could have easily been avoided by just tweeting that they needed a day off. Or even making a video before that stating about the live stream idea. I am sure most people wouldn't even care.
I think the main thing that makes DB worse though is that they're more successful. They're rolling in it. C&K have a bit more justifiable struggle imo. Yes, maybe not all of us (if any) can relate to their actual struggles, but everyone can relate to the struggles and pressures that come with not being as successful as you'd like to be.

I'm honestly not defending them, nor am I shaming them because I can see both sides equally. But, I just wanted to put that out there.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Plus maybe they can't afford that house and Cullen really is working hard and hustling to try and pay for it. What if Cullen is more like Jared and he keeps asking Katie not to complain because he knows it's bad for the vlogs, but he's struggling against an increasingly resentful wide who just expects to be able to keep up with her sister. Maybe he's under extreme pressure to bring in enough money, and she wants a break for family time and he just can't make it work?

We are always quick to demonize the more repulsive vlogger in the couple, but I don't really see where Ellie and Jared and C&K are all that different right now. Katie may not be a Narc, but she is spoiled, and made it clear she wasn't interested in going back to her old job.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Yes everyone has their struggles. The problem here is that much of what they call struggles could have been avoided if they made better choices. No one feels sorry for you when you intentionally shoot yourself in the foot. They chose to take the easy check to fund a lifestyle they couldn't afford otherwise. They allowed the vlogs to become all consuming. They allowed it to get in the way of their marriage because they weren't putting in the work. They've allowed themselves to regress to a place where traveling and planning birthday parties is overwhelming. These are two freaking adults. Grow the fuck up.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:Plus maybe they can't afford that house and Cullen really is working hard and hustling to try and pay for it. What if Cullen is more like Jared and he keeps asking Katie not to complain because he knows it's bad for the vlogs, but he's struggling against an increasingly resentful wide who just expects to be able to keep up with her sister. Maybe he's under extreme pressure to bring in enough money, and she wants a break for family time and he just can't make it work?

We are always quick to demonize the more repulsive vlogger in the couple, but I don't really see where Ellie and Jared and C&K are all that different right now. Katie may not be a Narc, but she is spoiled, and made it clear she wasn't interested in going back to her old job.

Very true. They have a lifestyle thats got to be stretching their small youtube career already. With the way youtube is changing I dont see how it will be maintainable. Katie doesnt want to work, and even if she did she wouldnt make enough for their lifestyle. And Cullen didnt really have a career before, whats he going to go back to?
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lovethesnark wrote:Yes everyone has their struggles. The problem here is that much of what they call struggles could have been avoided if they made better choices. No one feels sorry for you when you intentionally shoot yourself in the foot. They chose to take the easy check to fund a lifestyle they couldn't afford otherwise. They allowed the vlogs to become all consuming. They allowed it to get in the way of their marriage because they weren't putting in the work. They've allowed themselves to regress to a place where traveling and planning birthday parties is overwhelming. These are two freaking adults. Grow the fuck up.

YES! This!! Everyone has struggles, but when its your poor decisions then too bad for you. They dont need to travel as much as they have, they dont need to plan such stressful parties, they didnt HAVE to move.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
FitMom wrote:I think is it funny that some on here will defend their complaining about the vlogging life. Then they turn around and look down on the daily bumps (which I don't like DB at all) when they complain about being tired and such. These two vlogging couples are both doing the same thing. They both complain about the same thing.

I think the main thing that makes DB worse though is that they're more successful. They're rolling in it. C&K have a bit more justifiable struggle imo. Yes, maybe not all of us (if any) can relate to their actual struggles, but everyone can relate to the struggles and pressures that come with not being as successful as you'd like to be.

I'm honestly not defending them, nor am I shaming them because I can see both sides equally. But, I just wanted to put that out there.
DB are more successful because they've taken the time to understand their business. They figured out how to make YT work for them. I know they get shitted on for their methods, but you can't deny the hustle. C&K have been fine making the same video for 6 years.
leah3890
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by leah3890 »

First time comment .. but does anyone find it really odd - or even convenient - that Cullen and Katie announce they're taking a "break" or no longer daily vlogging, as soon as Ellie and Jared did? Almost like the pressure to keep up with E&J is finally off of them?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
boredmamaneedsdrama wrote: Meh, I don't see why they're not ever allowed to complain. People make plenty of decisions everyday that can be very stressful even though you choose to do them. Taking a new job opportunity, buying a house, having a baby, etc. All things that are thought-out choices but can still be very demanding and stressful. Yes they chose to travel, have huge parties, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't voice their feelings about it being fulfilling, yet difficult.

Its not that theyre complaining that bothers me. Its Katie being incredibly defensive and repeating over and over she isnt complaining. Yes, Katie you were complaining! And you now what, thats ok, own it. But then make a decision and get on with it.
Yes! That's it. I still stand by my opinion about the house. I moved a bunch of times with two kids, and yes, it's hard. But they wanted the McMansion. But that's not really my point.
It's disingenuous to sit there complaining and say "I'm not complaining". Yes, you are. Yes, everyone has stressors, and they're valid. But maybe they should just say, "you know what-- putting ourselves out there is harder than we thought. We need to take some time for ourselves". And stop filming the date nights. Bryan and Missy don't film theirs and I actually applaud that decision. I thought it was creepy when they filmed their 10th anniversary dinner.
So. They have said that it's causing them problems. And that they need to change the way they do things. So we'll have to see what they do from here on out.

FitMom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by FitMom »

Playsinrain wrote:

But like it's been said, just bc they have different struggles doesnt invalidate them. no i can't relate to vlogger problems, but i can understand the struggles they have. I can't relate to your struggles as a parent of a special needs child, but that doesn't make your struggles less valid in my eyes. Everyone walks a different path... i also didn't see it as mocking at all, she was validating others struggles as well.
Look, I feel for them in regards to their relationship issues with each other and their children. I bet vlogging puts a lot of strain on that. Like Katie said about Cullen hugging her just for the vlog. I respect that they even revealed that.

It is the part of complaining about a new house, traveling, parties...etc. They lost me there...those are privileges based on their vlogging life.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”