Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Unread post by Highlighter »

prbeca wrote:
chatty wrote:
prbeca wrote:Is anyone else nervous about the vlog for OKs 21sts? I really hope they don't try to glorify drinking and getting drunk. The young viewers don't need that. When Kyra tweeted about liking White over Red Wine I saw SOOO many young girls talking about their preference. (Ps, a white Moscto is perfect). I'm not gonna lie and say I didn't drink/get drunk under 21, but it was only 5 months before my 21st. I can see some young young bugbuddy getting themselves into serious trouble because they we're drinking because their Idol glorified it. There's nothing glamourus about drinking and being hungover.
So you can get drunk but if they do it's glorifying it? Oh please Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Except 1. I don't get drunk. My 21st birthday ruined getting drunk for me due to my hangover. I just turned 22 a few weeks ago.
2. I never said that?
The thing you are all forgetting is they DO have little 9, 10, 11+ year olds watching. The media already glorifies drinking. It's fine if they drink, they're 21 (or about to be) I just don't think they should show themselves drunk/drinking and let's be honest, that's what your 21st is all about. The drunker the better right?
I'm not saying DONT drink. Drinking dead. Lord knows I do drink. I'm saying they need to be aware of their audience and how impressionable they are and that they worship them and want to be just like them. They are role models to so many children, they do need to set a good example.
No they don't. It's not their responsibility to deal with little idiots whose parents have no idea what they are doing on the internet. Their job is to set a good example to their own children, not to parent others. There are a million and one reasons why they probably shouldn't put videos of themselves getting smashed on the internet, but to set a good example to random kids isn't one of them.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

prbeca wrote:
chatty wrote:
prbeca wrote:Is anyone else nervous about the vlog for OKs 21sts? I really hope they don't try to glorify drinking and getting drunk. The young viewers don't need that. When Kyra tweeted about liking White over Red Wine I saw SOOO many young girls talking about their preference. (Ps, a white Moscto is perfect). I'm not gonna lie and say I didn't drink/get drunk under 21, but it was only 5 months before my 21st. I can see some young young bugbuddy getting themselves into serious trouble because they we're drinking because their Idol glorified it. There's nothing glamourus about drinking and being hungover.
So you can get drunk but if they do it's glorifying it? Oh please Image

Except 1. I don't get drunk. My 21st birthday ruined getting drunk for me due to my hangover. I just turned 22 a few weeks ago.
2. I never said that?
The thing you are all forgetting is they DO have little 9, 10, 11+ year olds watching. The media already glorifies drinking. It's fine if they drink, they're 21 (or about to be) I just don't think they should show themselves drunk/drinking and let's be honest, that's what your 21st is all about. The drunker the better right?
I'm not saying DONT drink. Drinking dead. Lord knows I do drink. I'm saying they need to be aware of their audience and how impressionable they are and that they worship them and want to be just like them. They are role models to so many children, they do need to set a good example.
1. In your original post you literally said "I'm not gonna lie and say I didn't drink/get drunk under 21"

2. You pretty much alluded to the fact that a bug buddy would get into trouble drinking because their "idol glorified it".

workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workinprogress »

If Oscar gets wild for his 21st, then who cares? As long as he's not a shit mess around his children, it won't have any impact on them. I highly doubt Kyra would even let Oscar upload a vlog where he is a total drunken mess, wobbling all over the place because it could easily mess up their brand deals. If anything, I could see Oscar going out with Robert while Kyra & Winter stay home with the babies, especially since Kyra is under 21 (unless she's the DD). Just because they have kids doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to have fun every once in a while. I'm sure everyone's parents at one point left them at home with a sitter so they could go out and have fun. It's really not a big deal. Their butt buddies might even learn how to be a responsible drinker if they choose to vlog when they're out. I just hope Oscar gets his act together, and stops messing up their uploading schedule. That's what his focus should be on right now, not playing XBox with Khoa all night long.

infamous
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by infamous »

snowflakecake wrote:
Dusty_Sidebar wrote:
snowflakecake wrote:So Robert bought Oscar an xbox. A nice gift, but not when given to someone with Oscar's addictive personality. He already stays up all night to "work", they are many days behind on uploading, they don't have a schedule, they hire a babysitter when Kyra is doing something before noon even though Oscar is in the house, just so that he can sleep. And he thinks just because he's lost some weight he's got his issues under control???? They way you did your weight loss is PART OF THE PROBLEM, Oscar. There is no balance with anything, there is no structure. Good luck with him Kyra. :roll:
I get he probably doesn't watch the vlogs but do they not talk? I'd be surprised if Oscar hadn't mentioned giving away the xbox and why.. in which case i wouldn't buy him another!
It sounded like Robert got him the xbox because he had been talking about wanting to get one for a gaming channel. So Oscar would've gotten one anyway, Robert was just nice enough to buy him one for his birthday instead. If I was Kyra though I would be livid. If he treated his gaming like Khoa does, that would be fine. Khoa is a father first, he works and provides for his family second... Being a selfish 20 something is pretty low on the list as far as his priorities go. Oscar has it completely backwards.
A gaming channel? Like his drone channel, his prank channel, I forgot what else he has mentioned. He can barely keep up with their channel, I highly doubt his gaming channel will come to fruition.
mamanodrama
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by mamanodrama »

workinprogress wrote:If Oscar gets wild for his 21st, then who cares? As long as he's not a shit mess around his children, it won't have any impact on them. I highly doubt Kyra would even let Oscar upload a vlog where he is a total drunken mess, wobbling all over the place because it could easily mess up their brand deals. If anything, I could see Oscar going out with Robert while Kyra & Winter stay home with the babies, especially since Kyra is under 21 (unless she's the DD). Just because they have kids doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to have fun every once in a while. I'm sure everyone's parents at one point left them at home with a sitter so they could go out and have fun. It's really not a big deal. Their butt buddies might even learn how to be a responsible drinker if they choose to vlog when they're out. I just hope Oscar gets his act together, and stops messing up their uploading schedule. That's what his focus should be on right now, not playing XBox with Khoa all night long.

To be honest aside from the fact that they are young and can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt their kids the drinking age in america being 21 has always stood out to me. I think it is quite ironic that you guys can drive at 16, own a gun at 18 but you aren't legally allowed to drink until you are 21. Seems absolutely crazy to me.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

Guys let's be honest, oscar is on a crash diet where he eats 0 carbs...you REALLY think he will sabotage his "progress" to drink (which has so many carbs??)
DeeplyMissable
Informer
Informer

Unread post by DeeplyMissable »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:Guys let's be honest, oscar is on a crash diet where he eats 0 carbs...you REALLY think he will sabotage his "progress" to drink (which has so many carbs??)
I thought of that too!
doggo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by doggo »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:Guys let's be honest, oscar is on a crash diet where he eats 0 carbs...you REALLY think he will sabotage his "progress" to drink (which has so many carbs??)
That's very true. Alcohol is empty calories. For someone who won't even eat a yogurt it's a stretch to think he'd be into it but who knows with him, he might be one of those people who starves themselves in order to "spend" their calories on their drinks.
mydietsucks_1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mydietsucks_1 »

It is not ransom people on the interets job to be good role models for your kids. Thats your job as a parent. If you think the content isnt appropriate it isnt up to the channel to alter their content, its up to you as a parent to prevent your child from watching it.
flightlessbird
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by flightlessbird »

So does Oscar have an addictive personality? Or whatever they call it when people become addicted to things easily. I could see him trying to explain alcoholism like how he explained him playing too much Xbox.
rbyrolg
Talker
Talker

Unread post by rbyrolg »

doggo wrote:
That's very true. Alcohol is empty calories. For someone who won't even eat a yogurt it's a stretch to think he'd be into it but who knows with him, he might be one of those people who starves themselves in order to "spend" their calories on their drinks.
He doesn’t seem like a drinker to me, he’s got this straight edge “I’m better than you” thing going on.

Mpinks_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mpinks_ »

I don't peg Oscar to be a drinker. Like the poster above me said, he's got some holier than thou shit going on. Kyra drinks/ did drink before she got pregnant. Y'all remember those party pictures & tweets from before she started YouTube?

Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ilovecats »

Mpinks_ wrote:I don't peg Oscar to be a drinker. Like the poster above me said, he's got some holier than thou shit going on. Kyra drinks/ did drink before she got pregnant. Y'all remember those party pictures & tweets from before she started YouTube?

I actually haven't seem those! Where can I find them? Lol I don't want to scroll through years of tweets

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

flightlessbird wrote:So does Oscar have an addictive personality? Or whatever they call it when people become addicted to things easily. I could see him trying to explain alcoholism like how he explained him playing too much Xbox.
Addictive personality just like ShayCarl - it's all or nothing

poisonprincess
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by poisonprincess »

Regarding the drinking, I think it's very difficult.
They could show having a couple of drinks and reinforce the message of "yes we can legally drink now but please don't drink unless you are legally allowed to and please do so in moderation" blah blah
But people would rip into them about being hypocritical.
Or they could show nothing and then people would be asking them if they drink since they're legal and why they aren't showing it and then they'd be accused of hiding things and lying and not letting fans into their life blah blah.

Or they could show themselves getting outrageously drunk and disorderly and, well, we know the outcome there! CALL CHILD SERVICES! HORRIFIC ALCOHOLIC TEEN PARENTS!!!

I sympathise with them on this cause there's no win. But hey, the price of putting your life on the internet I suppose

BlueDot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BlueDot »

Looks like the 30 days of Oscar's extreme diet is up. Having a cheat day in the latest vlog, eating something in Kyra's snap. Hopefully he won't overdo it and will actually eat HEALTHY now.

On another note, in KK's newest video you see Oscar facetiming Khoa from the basement again while Khoa is with his family.. here we go again. Bye almost daily vlogs, hello Oscar's gaming addiction.
Mpinks_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mpinks_ »

Ilovecats wrote:
Mpinks_ wrote:I don't peg Oscar to be a drinker. Like the poster above me said, he's got some holier than thou shit going on. Kyra drinks/ did drink before she got pregnant. Y'all remember those party pictures & tweets from before she started YouTube?

I actually haven't seem those! Where can I find them? Lol I don't want to scroll through years of tweets

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
They're in one of the earlier threads! Maybe the first or second? Also there are "OKBABY RARE PICTURES OF KYRA" videos on YouTube (lmfao) and the pics are on there. Stay posted on here and I'll try to find the thread!!

bunchofidiots
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunchofidiots »

I think some of the screenshots of kyras tweets/partying pictures are on the thread from May or June of last year. I was reading them not too long ago.
Ripley
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Ripley »

Regarding the drinking.... It would be poor judgement to show them getting drunk. Of course this is hypothetical and I don't think they will be showing themselves drinking a lot/getting drunk. But IF they did, it would be a bad idea. I do think it could influence kids and they might want to be like their idols like some here have said. Yes, it is not their responsibility if kids want to break the law and copy them, but it WILL influence the most impressionable kids, so why do it. And most importantly, vlogging is their JOB. Their career and income hang on what they show in blogs. Sponsors likely want a clean family image. So for that reason alone, I think it would be REALLY stupid of them to show themselves drunk. Having a drink or two would be ok, but I think it would just look kind of immature. Like it would just look like they were doing it because they can. If they want to have A drink, go ahead. But there is no point in showing it and definitely a bad idea to be drunk on camera. There is nothing positive to be had from showing it on camera, only negative. So why do it.
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... f5e517.jpg[/img]

I mean each to their own, but dear lord...

Return to “OKBaby”