Samika Vlogs. Part #2

djcbcn
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika Vlogs. Part #2

Unread post by djcbcn »

lmmomSD wrote:Kinda OT-- but this article got shared in the Gardner Quad Squad forum. Sam's sister is mentioned in it. And it says something about her "struggles growing up with an absent father". I know that she and Sam have different dads. And I know a stepfather can't fix the hurt if your real dad abandoned you-- at least not completely. If that's what happened. But Sam's dad seems very loving. He doesn't seem to differentiate between his kids and his stepchildren. And it's not like she had absolutely no male role model in her life. I don't know. Maybe I'm talking out of my hat because I had a loving father. But it just seems like another Kristy drama ploy.
https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.c ... 580672/amp
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Personal experience tells me that even a perfect substitute will not make up for knowing you have an absent parent. For me it was hurtful knowing the person who helped make me didnt want anything to do with me even though I had an AMAZING person to help raise me. It still messes with your head.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
pattys
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pattys »

lmmomSD wrote:Kinda OT-- but this article got shared in the Gardner Quad Squad forum. Sam's sister is mentioned in it. And it says something about her "struggles growing up with an absent father". I know that she and Sam have different dads. And I know a stepfather can't fix the hurt if your real dad abandoned you-- at least not completely. If that's what happened. But Sam's dad seems very loving. He doesn't seem to differentiate between his kids and his stepchildren. And it's not like she had absolutely no male role model in her life. I don't know. Maybe I'm talking out of my hat because I had a loving father. But it just seems like another Kristy drama ploy.
Have you watched her video? <<< this explains it better. Her parents have left comments under the video.
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

I hate to sound needy but hope their upload schedule gets back on track now they're back from Utah
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

pattys wrote:
Have you watched her video? <<< this explains it better. Her parents have left comments under the video.
WHOA! Sam's dad was a virgin until he was 35?????!!!!! I always assumed he was Mormon before he met Kristy's mom. Mormons are SUPER STRICT about saving themselves for marriage. Sam's parents had a temple wedding, so maybe he converted before the marriage???
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

I kinda feel bad for being mean about AP now! He wasn't so bad in the vlog from the 27th. It was cute to see Jen and him singing and dancing to Simple Plan together. He was so much more down to earth and not annoying like putting on an act.

Also, I am so glad Monica is helping them decorate!
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

The place is really coming together, I wanted to say "less is more" because she talked about putting more pics next to the little wall shelves but they really looked nice with less, I LOVE the painting she did to put in that little frame, just a bunch of squares but it really turned out cute (I even liked her other 2 that she had shown that she didn't use).
In general I suck at decorating and just can't jump on board with the whole arrow, teepee, triangle, grey and white theme stuff lol.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I just really enjoy their vlogs, in a youtube world where a lot are changing (not for the better) I can relate to them and see myself hanging out in the living room building lego lol, her friend Monica was getting mad lol, it was funny! Oh and Jenn's hair is cute!
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

thenightowl wrote:I just really enjoy their vlogs, in a youtube world where a lot are changing (not for the better) I can relate to them and see myself hanging out in the living room building lego lol, her friend Monica was getting mad lol, it was funny! Oh and Jenn's hair is cute!
Is Monica pregnant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
youdontknowme95
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by youdontknowme95 »

chatty wrote:
thenightowl wrote:I just really enjoy their vlogs, in a youtube world where a lot are changing (not for the better) I can relate to them and see myself hanging out in the living room building lego lol, her friend Monica was getting mad lol, it was funny! Oh and Jenn's hair is cute!
Is Monica pregnant?

yes.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
pattys
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pattys »

Something that annoys me is how Noah always butts in and wants attention when Sam or Jen are talking to the cam, I wish they would either turn the camera off and answer him or they would just tell him to be quiet and wait.
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

pattys wrote:Something that annoys me is how Noah always butts in and wants attention when Sam or Jen are talking to the cam, I wish they would either turn the camera off and answer him or they would just tell him to be quiet and wait.
I really like Jen and Sam and think they're caring, loving, and proactive parents but I think sometimes they unintentionally give Noah more attention as well as base their lives more around him and his interests. Idk if it's because she's a girl or a combination of that and being the youngest but sometimes she seems like an after thought to them.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Noah playing soccer was really cute, loved how they gave him pink hair :D he really rocked it and the post game interview was adorable, especially the part where he made a turkey man.
I am really trying not to come across as a crazy minion but goodness, they are one of the most "normal" families on youtube (my opinion obivously) and YES they have their faults but I really enjoy watching.
ballerinamonkey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ballerinamonkey »

I don't like how they constantly refer to Penelope as "sissy." Being a sister is not her only identity. If their second child would have been a boy would they constantly call him "brother" or "bro?" That is the only thing that bothers me from this family. It just sounds weird to me.

By the way this is my favorite YouTube family.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I hate how they refer to her as sissy all the time too. I don't think it's that uncommon, but I think they use it too much. Now that Noah is in school, I hope that PJ is getting more individual attention. Maybe sign her up for a class she might enjoy? It was cute that she wanted to play soccer too. It would be funny if she turned out to be their star athlete. They've always made a big deal about Noah's athletic abilities.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ballerinamonkey wrote:I don't like how they constantly refer to Penelope as "sissy." Being a sister is not her only identity. If their second child would have been a boy would they constantly call him "brother" or "bro?" That is the only thing that bothers me from this family. It just sounds weird to me.

By the way this is my favorite YouTube family.
My daughter's best friend's family is like that. She's the oldest, and she's "Sissy". I always thought it was weird too. And they don't call Noah "brother" when they refer to him when they're talking to PJ. He can say PJ. She has a name.
I definitely understand your point! I like them too!

dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

I was genuinely shocked at how much prepackaged food they buy in there latest vlog. All those different versions of frozen potatoes when a 5 kg bag of potatoes would have given source to all those options and if you shop at your local markets you can support your local farmers.

Was anyone else shocked? Is this a US thing?

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

dw30 wrote:I was genuinely shocked at how much prepackaged food they buy in there latest vlog. All those different versions of frozen potatoes when a 5 kg bag of potatoes would have given source to all those options and if you shop at your local markets you can support your local farmers.

I'm American and don't shop/eat this way, but it is pretty standard for Americans to eat a lot of processed foods.
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

dw30 wrote:I was genuinely shocked at how much prepackaged food they buy in there latest vlog. All those different versions of frozen potatoes when a 5 kg bag of potatoes would have given source to all those options and if you shop at your local markets you can support your local farmers.

I'm not American and it shocked me too. Every single thing she bought are things I make from scratch (Pizza dough, gnocchi, ravioli, pasta dishes, mashed potatoes, cauliflower rice, guacamole, etc). But I'm also equally shocked that seemingly no americans cook their beans in a pot instead of buying it canned haha.
Its funny how different things are depending on where you live. I try not to judge because it's obviously much easier to feed your family that way once you get into the habit of it. Still very unhealthy so idk...
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

We buy frozen french fries, because we can throw them in the oven. But mashed, roasted and baked potatoes, and home fries, are made from scratch.
But yeah, a lot of people buy processed food. It's sad.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:

I'm not American and it shocked me too. Every single thing she bought are things I make from scratch (Pizza dough, gnocchi, ravioli, pasta dishes, mashed potatoes, cauliflower rice, guacamole, etc). But I'm also equally shocked that seemingly no americans cook their beans in a pot instead of buying it canned haha.
Its funny how different things are depending on where you live. I try not to judge because it's obviously much easier to feed your family that way once you get into the habit of it. Still very unhealthy so idk...
I tried to make ravioli from scratch once. It was horrible. It wouldn't roll out thin enough-- the consistency was all wrong. We were having friends over for dinner, and they actually ate it, bless their hearts. I wanted to throw it away and order pizza, but they wouldn't let me.
So I guess from that perspective, I do use more processed food. I buy ready made pasta and ravioli, but I make sauce from scratch and pizza dough too. And I do cook beans most of the time. I would never buy guacamole. Mine is super yummy. Image

Return to “Q-Z”