• Advertisement
    

OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby ckks » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:27 pm

that's such an ignorant comment. when it comes to mental health, you don't "do it to yourself." whether you love/hate kyra, that's irrelevant.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ckks
Talker
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:02 pm
Has thanked: 285 times
Been thanked: 1364 times

Advertisement

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby nebula » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:43 pm

Lyanna wrote:I feel like many people who disliked kyra here suddenly started to like her the minute she said she has anxiety or I don't know what and that she will be under medication for it. Like people have an exxagerated sympathy for whoever suffers from anxiety. If you're a shitty parent and are late af for your so called daily vlogs, just make a tweet about anxiety and suddenly you'll be a hero!

But this is new is it? kyra suffered from ppd after levi's birth for months and she said it herself so she was aware of it, yet instead of trying to improve her mental health she got knocked up AGAIN. Now her mental issues have increased, she has 2kids under 2 at barely 20, a useless partner who sleeps all day and make her feel like shit, yet I'm sure she will get pregnant again. And her anxiety or whatever it is will only get worse


Do I have to feel bad for then? no, she did it tp herself. Good on her for seeking the help of a specialist but that doesn't suddenly turn her into a survivor or a warrior or something.
Exactly. Kyra was well known for her mental health issues. But she admitted it so she must deserve a medal or something for asking for help. I know It's a good thing and a huge step but it's something she should have done a long ago before she became neglectful towards Levi. We all saw it..
Anyway she's "ok" now after just one month of therapy!!!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
nebula
Informer
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:32 am
Has thanked: 698 times
Been thanked: 819 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby teddyandmommy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:28 pm

nebula wrote:
Lyanna wrote:I feel like many people who disliked kyra here suddenly started to like her the minute she said she has anxiety or I don't know what and that she will be under medication for it. Like people have an exxagerated sympathy for whoever suffers from anxiety. If you're a shitty parent and are late af for your so called daily vlogs, just make a tweet about anxiety and suddenly you'll be a hero!

But this is new is it? kyra suffered from ppd after levi's birth for months and she said it herself so she was aware of it, yet instead of trying to improve her mental health she got knocked up AGAIN. Now her mental issues have increased, she has 2kids under 2 at barely 20, a useless partner who sleeps all day and make her feel like shit, yet I'm sure she will get pregnant again. And her anxiety or whatever it is will only get worse


Do I have to feel bad for then? no, she did it tp herself. Good on her for seeking the help of a specialist but that doesn't suddenly turn her into a survivor or a warrior or something.
Exactly. Kyra was well known for her mental health issues. But she admitted it so she must deserve a medal or something for asking for help. I know It's a good thing and a huge step but it's something she should have done a long ago before she became neglectful towards Levi. We all saw it..
Anyway she's "ok" now after just one month of therapy!!!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk


You people are so disgusting. You two obviously don't know how it feels to have something wrong with you. It's embarrassing and sometimes it feels like it's not important enough to talk about. You feel like it's a waste of time to talk to someone because someone else could have it worse.
User avatar
teddyandmommy
Informer
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:14 pm
Has thanked: 2368 times
Been thanked: 2155 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby doveminibites » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:41 pm

teddyandmommy wrote:
nebula wrote:
Lyanna wrote:I feel like many people who disliked kyra here suddenly started to like her the minute she said she has anxiety or I don't know what and that she will be under medication for it. Like people have an exxagerated sympathy for whoever suffers from anxiety. If you're a shitty parent and are late af for your so called daily vlogs, just make a tweet about anxiety and suddenly you'll be a hero!

But this is new is it? kyra suffered from ppd after levi's birth for months and she said it herself so she was aware of it, yet instead of trying to improve her mental health she got knocked up AGAIN. Now her mental issues have increased, she has 2kids under 2 at barely 20, a useless partner who sleeps all day and make her feel like shit, yet I'm sure she will get pregnant again. And her anxiety or whatever it is will only get worse


Do I have to feel bad for then? no, she did it tp herself. Good on her for seeking the help of a specialist but that doesn't suddenly turn her into a survivor or a warrior or something.
Exactly. Kyra was well known for her mental health issues. But she admitted it so she must deserve a medal or something for asking for help. I know It's a good thing and a huge step but it's something she should have done a long ago before she became neglectful towards Levi. We all saw it..
Anyway she's "ok" now after just one month of therapy!!!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk


You people are so disgusting. You two obviously don't know how it feels to have something wrong with you. It's embarrassing and sometimes it feels like it's not important enough to talk about. You feel like it's a waste of time to talk to someone because someone else could have it worse.

Exactly to say that someone who has a mental illness did it to themselves is just very disheartening. No one asks to have anxiety, ocd and post-partum depression it just happens and everyone comes to terms with it in their own ways. Speaking out about mental issues shouldnt be seen as asking for a pity party or "asking for a medal". You don't have to like Kyra or Oscar but it is just a very twisted way to think about sharing their experiences with mental health. I have been reading this thread for awhile and I don't think anyone has ever made excuses for parenting do to her anxiety or ocd?
doveminibites
Amateur
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:05 pm
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby Lyanna » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:10 pm

As I said, so much exagerated sympathy just because she said she has anxiety and will take medication...after two whole years of knowing very well she wasn't feeling ok and another baby. Why should I suddenly stop criticizing them? she did nothing incredible, she didn't took her own mental health problems seriously for two fucking years, that's irresponsible and she brought another baby in this world when she couldn't even take care of the one she had and herself, so yes she did it to herself. If you're responsible and down to earth, you take your own healthy (ESPECIALLY mental health because it's so important) and kid's well being seriously as soon as you realize something is off.
Lyanna
Gossiper
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 896 times
Been thanked: 3439 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby soul_in_a_earthsuit » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Lyanna wrote:As I said, so much exagerated sympathy just because she said she has anxiety and will take medication...after two whole years of knowing very well she wasn't feeling ok and another baby. Why should I suddenly stop criticizing them? she did nothing incredible, she didn't took her own mental health problems seriously for two fucking years, that's irresponsible and she brought another baby in this world when she couldn't even take care of the one she had and herself, so yes she did it to herself. If you're responsible and down to earth, you take your own healthy (ESPECIALLY mental health because it's so important) and kid's well being seriously as soon as you realize something is off.


you sound so ignorant. it isnt easy to admit you have a prob and need help, especially with people like you who stigmatize it so much. It isnt easy to have enough $$ or justify spending that much $$ on mental health therapy when sometimes it doesnt even help. It isnt easy to just fix yourself like that. She isnt suddenly magically cured after one therapy session. she has taken steps to get better over the course of a year or more now. Also noone used mental health issues to excuse her crappy parenting...not even herself. So idk what youre getting at. She still is a crappy parent sometimes but she has improved, And noone is making excuses for her parenting fails..
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:01 am
Has thanked: 1996 times
Been thanked: 8843 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby mydietsucks_1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:02 pm

No one asks for mental health issues, but if you know you are mentally ill and do certain things which make it worse, yeah, the fact that it got worse is your own fault. The original mental illness certainly isn't, but kyra planned another baby when Levi was 4 months old and she was in the throws of PPD. Planning Alaya was stupid of her. Oh and before anyone jumps on me, I have suffered anxiety, depression and self harm.
mydietsucks_1
Gossiper
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:47 pm
Has thanked: 745 times
Been thanked: 3307 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby Lyanna » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:04 pm

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
Lyanna wrote:As I said, so much exagerated sympathy just because she said she has anxiety and will take medication...after two whole years of knowing very well she wasn't feeling ok and another baby. Why should I suddenly stop criticizing them? she did nothing incredible, she didn't took her own mental health problems seriously for two fucking years, that's irresponsible and she brought another baby in this world when she couldn't even take care of the one she had and herself, so yes she did it to herself. If you're responsible and down to earth, you take your own healthy (ESPECIALLY mental health because it's so important) and kid's well being seriously as soon as you realize something is off.


you sound so ignorant. it isnt easy to admit you have a prob and need help, especially with people like you who stigmatize it so much. It isnt easy to have enough $$ or justify spending that much $$ on mental health therapy when sometimes it doesnt even help. It isnt easy to just fix yourself like that. She isnt suddenly magically cured after one therapy session. she has taken steps to get better over the course of a year or more now. Also noone used mental health issues to excuse her crappy parenting...not even herself. So idk what youre getting at. She still is a crappy parent sometimes but she has improved, And noone is making excuses for her parenting fails..

Ignorant? is that your only argument? because ler me tell you that depression runs in my family and that my brother has a mental disease and that my husband suffered from ptsd so I know mental health issues from the inside. That's why I can't stand little girls thinking this is something which they can claim and get sympathy from. Pity won't help anybody.
Anyway your message is totally irrelevant...yeah it isn't easy to admit we have a mental health problem but Kyra said herself that she had ppd so she KNEW and was vert well aware of it. Yeah not everyone can afford to see a psychiatrist and a therapisr but Kyra is a millionaire (and for the ones wholike to say she lives frugal, that means that she had all the money she needed).
This isn't about you or me or anyone else but about Kyra and Kyra should and could have done sth about it a long time ago instead of planning another baby as if she was totally okay. But yeah they probably don't care because having another baby falling in the hottub/ almost burnt by a firecamp/ almost drowned/ bathing in her own poo give them vlog content and clickbait...then she can say she has anxiety and is afraid of the rain and everyone will feel bad for poor kyra
Lyanna
Gossiper
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 896 times
Been thanked: 3439 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby teddyandmommy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:25 pm

Lyanna wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
Lyanna wrote:As I said, so much exagerated sympathy just because she said she has anxiety and will take medication...after two whole years of knowing very well she wasn't feeling ok and another baby. Why should I suddenly stop criticizing them? she did nothing incredible, she didn't took her own mental health problems seriously for two fucking years, that's irresponsible and she brought another baby in this world when she couldn't even take care of the one she had and herself, so yes she did it to herself. If you're responsible and down to earth, you take your own healthy (ESPECIALLY mental health because it's so important) and kid's well being seriously as soon as you realize something is off.


you sound so ignorant. it isnt easy to admit you have a prob and need help, especially with people like you who stigmatize it so much. It isnt easy to have enough $$ or justify spending that much $$ on mental health therapy when sometimes it doesnt even help. It isnt easy to just fix yourself like that. She isnt suddenly magically cured after one therapy session. she has taken steps to get better over the course of a year or more now. Also noone used mental health issues to excuse her crappy parenting...not even herself. So idk what youre getting at. She still is a crappy parent sometimes but she has improved, And noone is making excuses for her parenting fails..

Ignorant? is that your only argument? because ler me tell you that depression runs in my family and that my brother has a mental disease and that my husband suffered from ptsd so I know mental health issues from the inside. That's why I can't stand little girls thinking this is something which they can claim and get sympathy from. Pity won't help anybody.
Anyway your message is totally irrelevant...yeah it isn't easy to admit we have a mental health problem but Kyra said herself that she had ppd so she KNEW and was vert well aware of it. Yeah not everyone can afford to see a psychiatrist and a therapisr but Kyra is a millionaire (and for the ones wholike to say she lives frugal, that means that she had all the money she needed).
This isn't about you or me or anyone else but about Kyra and Kyra should and could have done sth about it a long time ago instead of planning another baby as if she was totally okay. But yeah they probably don't care because having another baby falling in the hottub/ almost burnt by a firecamp/ almost drowned/ bathing in her own poo give them vlog content and clickbait...then she can say she has anxiety and is afraid of the rain and everyone will feel bad for poor kyra


You're really insensitive for someone who has mental illness run in their family. Geez.
User avatar
teddyandmommy
Informer
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:14 pm
Has thanked: 2368 times
Been thanked: 2155 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby kindasorta » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:15 pm

ckks wrote:that's such an ignorant comment. when it comes to mental health, you don't "do it to yourself." whether you love/hate kyra, that's irrelevant.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Eh, I don't think that's really the point. Sure, Kyra didn't CHOOSE to have PPD (similar to how an addict doesn't choose to have an addiction, for example) but she actively made a choice to get pregnant with Alaya while still deep in the throws of PPD w/ Levi. That's making a bad choice to throw yourself deeper in to the hole, imo. Granted not every one who has PPD with their first has it with their second, but it was still pretty unwise of her considering she is SO young, without a lot of support, and was just mentally not in a good place.

People don't choose to have mental illnesses, but they can choose to make choices to help themselves or make things worse. Having a mental illness doesn't make you completely incapable of making smart + sound choices or immune to criticism. If someone who has diabetes said they weren't going to take their insulin and then went on a sugar binge I'd say "wow that's dumb of them!!!!" To me, it's pretty much the same thing with Kyra and her PPD

(The OCD however is another story bc so far as I understand she's been very proactive about treating it and hasn't done anything to negate her treatment)
kindasorta
Talker
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:15 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 556 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby Lyanna » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:02 pm

@teddyandmommy
I didn't know I was on ytmd to show sympathy for youtubers. I thought I was here to shit talk them. If someone can't gossip about them anymore because the youtuber has anxiety then that person should leave this section for a while and let others gossip, that's the whole point of this site
Lyanna
Gossiper
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 896 times
Been thanked: 3439 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby teddyandmommy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:21 pm

Lyanna wrote:@teddyandmommy
I didn't know I was on ytmd to show sympathy for youtubers. I thought I was here to shit talk them. If someone can't gossip about them anymore because the youtuber has anxiety then that person should leave this section for a while and let others gossip, that's the whole point of this site


No one said you couldn't gossip about her because she has anxiety and OCD. She's not a perfect mother and there are plenty of things that rub me the wrong way about her, but saying that she's "afraid of the rain" is insensitive. She's not afraid of the rain, she gets anxiety and has panic attacks over the thought of natural disasters. It's insensitive to act like it's a smaller issue than it is.
User avatar
teddyandmommy
Informer
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:14 pm
Has thanked: 2368 times
Been thanked: 2155 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby fudgepoptart » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:56 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fudgepoptart
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:15 pm
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby workinprogress » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:35 pm

Lyanna wrote:@teddyandmommy
I didn't know I was on ytmd to show sympathy for youtubers. I thought I was here to shit talk them. If someone can't gossip about them anymore because the youtuber has anxiety then that person should leave this section for a while and let others gossip, that's the whole point of this site

Nobody said to give her a free pass because she struggles with mental health issues. It's not fair, however, to shit talk her mental issues. It's not our business, and isn't our place to judge something that sensitive. Shit talk their vlogs and parenting all you want to, that's what we're here for, but stop making judgements about her mental illnesses. It's easy to talk from the outside, but we don't know what she was truly struggling with or how severe it was. Saying "she should've done something sooner" is like saying that about an addict deciding to seek help. It's important to encourage people with mental illnesses to seek help, even if we hate that person.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
workinprogress
Informer
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:50 pm
Has thanked: 2341 times
Been thanked: 1906 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby murtmagurt » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:50 pm

It's 2017 and we are all trying to help those with mental health problems. Not tear them to shreds. Even if we DON'T like them. This is stuff we are teaching kindergarteners nowadays. Get over it. The way you're talking and thinking isn't just about Kyra, you're making generalized statements about people with mental health problems and that isn't okay. So let's move on and talk about something else lmfao.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk
murtmagurt
Amateur
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 8:48 pm
Has thanked: 549 times
Been thanked: 307 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby nebula » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:19 am

mydietsucks_1 wrote:No one asks for mental health issues, but if you know you are mentally ill and do certain things which make it worse, yeah, the fact that it got worse is your own fault. The original mental illness certainly isn't, but kyra planned another baby when Levi was 4 months old and she was in the throws of PPD. Planning Alaya was stupid of her. Oh and before anyone jumps on me, I have suffered anxiety, depression and self harm.
Severe OCD here!!
And don't have her money to cure it properly so I know what it's like!! Also I want to be healthy before I bring a baby into the world. To have a program in the family to put my baby to sleep in proper hours, to not ignore my kid when he/she is screaming for attention when I'm on YouNow, to not let him drown in the tub- hot tub etc
You see where I'm going with this??
Good for her but let's move on.
And to those who say about insensitivity who am I to comfort Kyra? I don't know her personally and if I remember correctly people here were bashing on her when she was really ill making fun of her looks her parenting and her vag smelling! Talking about sensitivity here!!
Suddenly many jump to support her, way to hide behind your finger.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
nebula
Informer
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:32 am
Has thanked: 698 times
Been thanked: 819 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby Highlighter » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:03 am

Lol at this thread and 2017

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Highlighter
Informer
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 4:36 am
Has thanked: 722 times
Been thanked: 1250 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby Ohthehumanity » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:18 am

I am a huge mental health advocate, personal but lost a close friend to suicide as a teen and now have been apart of a huge non profit for youth mental health that came out of the situation. I also suffer from anxiety. In my opinion, Kyra is making obvious improvements for herself, taking care of her physical appearance, going to school, making decisions for herself etc. But she has such a huge opportunity and platform with such a large and young audience to really raise awareness and instead she used it for a few clickbaity vlog titles and said she went to therapy and was basically cured. It's so much more then that. Also if she would have seaked proper help when she was suffering from ppd with Levi she may not be in the situation she is today...
Ohthehumanity
Amateur
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:42 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby Ilovecats » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:40 am

Can we make a thread for mental health so we can get back to talking about okbaby everyone has some kind of mental illness. I get it. But I don't want to read books about people having mental illness when I come here to read about okbaby

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Ilovecats
Gossiper
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:21 pm
Has thanked: 772 times
Been thanked: 2797 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby Ilovecats » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:41 am

Anyways, I'm really surprised that Cooper decided to leave her two boys with Kyra. How on.earth did they trust them with 4 kids?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Ilovecats
Gossiper
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:21 pm
Has thanked: 772 times
Been thanked: 2797 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby workinprogress » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:11 am

murtmagurt wrote:It's 2017 and we are all trying to help those with mental health problems. Not tear them to shreds. Even if we DON'T like them. This is stuff we are teaching kindergarteners nowadays. Get over it. The way you're talking and thinking isn't just about Kyra, you're making generalized statements about people with mental health problems and that isn't okay. So let's move on and talk about something else lmfao.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

Yes, preach it!!!!!!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
workinprogress
Informer
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:50 pm
Has thanked: 2341 times
Been thanked: 1906 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby workinprogress » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:13 am

Ilovecats wrote:Anyways, I'm really surprised that Cooper decided to leave her two boys with Kyra. How on.earth did they trust them with 4 kids?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

With any luck, this will make OK not want more kids...we all know they couldn't handle more than 2 forever


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
workinprogress
Informer
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:50 pm
Has thanked: 2341 times
Been thanked: 1906 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby Lyanna » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:14 am

I would gladly 'move on' if we could discuss their parenting and other usual things without having people jumping in to defend them every single time.
Lyanna
Gossiper
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 896 times
Been thanked: 3439 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby Highlighter » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:12 pm

Lyanna wrote:I would gladly 'move on' if we could discuss their parenting and other usual things without having people jumping in to defend them every single time.
Then ignore those replies. You can't stop people saying what they want, but you can prevent yourself from getting involved in conversations you don't approve of.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Highlighter
Informer
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 4:36 am
Has thanked: 722 times
Been thanked: 1250 times

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Postby snowflakecake » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Lyanna wrote:I would gladly 'move on' if we could discuss their parenting and other usual things without having people jumping in to defend them every single time.


You can't expect everyone on here to share your point of view on everything. Just like you're allowed to voice your opinion, so is everyone else.
snowflakecake
Amateur
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:24 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 406 times

PreviousNext

Return to OKBaby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 3boys1girl

  • Advertisement