C&K: The Struggle is Real...ly Hard to Relate (Part 14)

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: C&K: The Struggle is Real...ly Hard to Relate (Part 14)

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:I don't personally think Katie is frustrated with Cullen "helping out", because she just doesn't seem like the type to not voice her thoughts. She comes across as a very opinionated woman who will put her foot down and not stand for any bs. I totally see her as the alpha in the relationship.

I also don't believe there is anything more to it than exactly what they said it was. A disconnect because of letting other life stuff take the spotlight whilst the marriage was put on the back burner. It's a completely normal thing to happen to couples and not at all an indication of a bigger issue (eg. cullen takes her for granted, katie tired of his immature behavior and not helping out, ppd, katie secretely wants to go back to work, alcoholism, etc.). I know people like to speculate but in this case I just don't see it because of how normal it is for couples to go through a disconnect during certain times in their marriage, especially after having kids. They just need to put more focus on each other. But I seem to stand alone when it comes to this opinion haha.
Katie and Cullen have a lot more time than most working couples with young children do to focus on each other, along with the resources to pay for optional childcare and lots of willing family members to help, and they apparently don’t use that time effectively. To me that is indicative of a bigger disconnect.

I think it’s just easier in their mind to look at the last six months and say, “Well, look at all the traveling we’ve done, look at all the parties we’ve planned, look at the house we moved in to. Surely that’s why we’ve been too busy to connect.” What do any of those things that they identified as the “stress” in their life have to do with marital disconnect? Traveling, moving into your dream home, and planning family member’s birthday parties are highlights for most people, not hardships. They sort of hinted at this, but I would have expected them to focus on the fact that the second child is a harder adjustment than they realized, they’re business partners and their channel is stagnant, etc.

Honestly, if my husband was going to bed after me, spending hours on his computer editing one vlog, not helping put the kids to bed, not helping with them in the morning, etc. I would be done. (This is slightly off topic, but wasn’t Bonnie raising four kids and editing her vlog at night while her husband worked the night shift for like a year? It kills me when vloggers like Cullen try to make the argument that YouTube is just so time consuming.) But that’s just not my marriage and it’s not my reality, so maybe I can’t relate. My husband absolutely listens and acknowledges my needs. I can’t even imagine my husband acting the way Cullen did over getting up early for one measly morning. My husband would move heaven and earth to make me happy, even though he has an extremely demanding schedule. Realistically, I know we can’t always be each other’s one and only priority. But I know that if something is missing, if I’m not feeling appreciated or I need support, I can be honest and he will take it seriously.

I feel like the stuff that Katie has brought up in the vlogs is serious in terms of marriage, and what’s even more serious in my mind is the fact that Cullen seems to brush it off, but that’s just my opinion and based on my experience in a long-term relationship and a marriage. Feeling like your husband is only affectionate with you when there’s an audience? Yikes, that’s a huge red flag, especially when you’ve voiced the fact that touch is your preferred “love language.” Katie may be opinionated, and she is voicing her thoughts, but that doesn’t mean she’s getting a receptive response from her partner.
Personal, so feel free to scroll by: My ex was like Cullen. And he didn't have a vlog to edit. He would stay up until 3am playing on the computer, then wonder why he wasn't getting any nookie. On weekends, it was a battle of attrition who would get up with the kids. All I wanted on Mother's Day was to sleep in. He claimed he didn't hear the kids because he was used to sleeping on a noisy aircraft carrier. I would handle everything while he was on deployment, and when I wanted to go meet him in Hong Kong, on the last cruise before it got turned over to China, he wanted me to bring our 10 month old daughter, or not come. My girlfriends stopped inviting me on girl's night out, because I always had to _ask_ him to watch the kids, and the answer wasn't always be"of course you can go relax with your girlfriends!" So I really get Katie's frustration. There's a lot of reasons he's my ex. I can't imagine having it played out in front of the whole internet. And having a forum dedicated to speculation on our marital problems. And from what I've heard about LSA, we're kind here. Don't even know if they have a forum there, but still... Yes, they have made their bed by vlogging, but so many couples have been destroyed by vlogging. It's really sad. I have to wonder if Shay and Austin would have cheated if they hadn't had the "fame". And I don't think Ellie and Jared would have the same marriage without vlogging. I also have to wonder if Bryan and Missy would even be together if it weren't for the pressure of keeping up the facade. I do give Cullen and Katie props for honesty.
I'm rambling. Maybe it's cold medicine talking, lol.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:I saw a comment the other day on one vlog where someone had said "It's so sad that the vlog titles aren't in all caps anymore!!' and there were some other comments there asking why it was a sad thing, but the OP really didn't explain it (i assume OP was a kid so..) but is that REALLY that big of a deal in vlogger world? (it had several likes and was one of the top comments) Having an all caps title? How on earth could that make someone sad? It was just a strange comment that made me say "huh?' and i thought i would bring it up here. lol
That's weird. To me, all caps means shouting. Just makes me think of Ellie and Jared.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Playsinrain »

OMG that old man mask was AMAZING and so realistic, man that made me laugh so hard!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Forgot to add a TL/DR to my novella above:
Personal: I had a jerky husband who acted like Cullen and I got rid of him. I get where Katie is coming from.
YouTube has messed up a lot of relationships, and I give C&K props for not trying to keep up the facade and being honest.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:I saw a comment the other day on one vlog where someone had said "It's so sad that the vlog titles aren't in all caps anymore!!' and there were some other comments there asking why it was a sad thing, but the OP really didn't explain it (i assume OP was a kid so..) but is that REALLY that big of a deal in vlogger world? (it had several likes and was one of the top comments) Having an all caps title? How on earth could that make someone sad? It was just a strange comment that made me say "huh?' and i thought i would bring it up here. lol
That's weird. To me, all caps means shouting. Just makes me think of Ellie and Jared.

Right?? I can remember when everyone started using all caps and it was offending to me.. i mean not seriously lol, but i was like why must you yell the title at me?? I didn't even notice that they had switched back to the "normal' way of titling vlogs until i saw that comment. Even though vlog titles aren't something that i really pay attention too, i like that they are reverting to that.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

So Katie had plans to film videos, reply to emails, generally work at their business while Gaines was with Grand Dolly and Brooks was supposed to nap. Then he ended up up not sleeping, but instead of Cullen, the STAY AT HOME FATHER, entertaining him for a few hours in the upstairs playroom they decided to go Halloween shopping? Remind me again why you two are soooo stressed and this work at home/youtube gig is just SO HARD?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:So Katie had plans to film videos, reply to emails, generally work at their business while Gaines was with Grand Dolly and Brooks was supposed to nap. Then he ended up up not sleeping, but instead of Cullen, the STAY AT HOME FATHER, entertaining him for a few hours in the upstairs playroom they decided to go Halloween shopping? Remind me again why you two are soooo stressed and this work at home/youtube gig is just SO HARD?
Did he put on all the masks again? That grosses me out so much. I almost hope he gets lice.
Didn't they just go Halloween shopping last week and scare Brooks by putting on a mask? Why did they need more stuff? Bigger house, bigger party, more decorations?
I guess answering emails while Cullen entertains Brooks isn't very vlog-worthy?

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:So Katie had plans to film videos, reply to emails, generally work at their business while Gaines was with Grand Dolly and Brooks was supposed to nap. Then he ended up up not sleeping, but instead of Cullen, the STAY AT HOME FATHER, entertaining him for a few hours in the upstairs playroom they decided to go Halloween shopping? Remind me again why you two are soooo stressed and this work at home/youtube gig is just SO HARD?
Did he put on all the masks again? That grosses me out so much. I almost hope he gets lice.
Didn't they just go Halloween shopping last week and scare Brooks by putting on a mask? Why did they need more stuff? Bigger house, bigger party, more decorations?

He sure did. Barf.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

He tried to put him down, but he wasn't having it. they said they had planned on doing the shopping anyway, while Gaines was gone.. and they never said she didn't get the work done.. How do we know he didn't do just that while she was working? Cullen even said 2 hours had passed when they got in the car, I assumed katie did the work she needed to do during that time.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
He tried to put him down, but he wasn't having it. they said they had planned on doing the shopping anyway, while Gaines was gone.. and they never said she didn't get the work done.. How do we know he didn't do just that while she was working? Cullen even said 2 hours had passed when they got in the car, I assumed katie did the work she needed to do during that time.

Katie says in the car that she was supposed to have been filming videos. I take that to mean she didnt film them.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:

the last time he did it was an old mask he has had forever, they were at home and Cullen just walked in the room and Brooks got upset and he took off the mask. this is the first time this year he has tried on masks in the store. My daughter and I spent over an hour in party City last week trying on masks and laughing at one another... I don't see the harm in it. They had specific decorations they were looking for. I buy new decorations every year as well. Sometimes i just dont understand the hate i guess. There was nothing about the Halloween shopping that was over the top or weird. They were just out having fun.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

Katie says in the car that she was supposed to have been filming videos. I take that to mean she didnt film them.
Brooks is loud, I'm sure filming while he is awake is a challenge even if Cullen is entertaining him. I just assumed she just didn't get her filming done, but got the other things done. I don't see how that is Cullen's fault though. Katie has always been slack on her channel, this isn't something new. She's been saying she was going to film videos for months now and they haven't happened.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

the last time he did it was an old mask he has had forever, they were at home and Cullen just walked in the room and Brooks got upset and he took off the mask. this is the first time this year he has tried on masks in the store. My daughter and I spent over an hour in party City last week trying on masks and laughing at one another... I don't see the harm in it. They had specific decorations they were looking for. I buy new decorations every year as well. Sometimes i just dont understand the hate i guess. There was nothing about the Halloween shopping that was over the top or weird. They were just out having fun.
I just think it's gross trying on the masks in the store. Especially when have to put your whole head in it. And a lot of vloggers do it. I'm not even a germophobe, but if I bought a mask from Party City, I would coat the whole inside with rubbing alcohol before putting it on. You don't know who's been putting their sweaty, nasty head in it. Like I said-- lice. And there are lots of viruses that can live on plastic surfaces for 24 hours or more. *Shudder*
Sorry if I ruined your fun! It's just icky to me.

Last edited by lmmomSD on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Katie says in the car that she was supposed to have been filming videos. I take that to mean she didnt film them.[/quote]

Brooks is loud, I'm sure filming while he is awake is a challenge even if Cullen is entertaining him. I just assumed she just didn't get her filming done, but got the other things done. I don't see how that is Cullen's fault though. Katie has always been slack on her channel, this isn't something new. She's been saying she was going to film videos for months now and they haven't happened.[/quote]

Could be. But there is no way she couldnt have filmed on that couch set up theyve got in the "garage" while Brooks and Cullen played upstairs. Or Cullen could have taken him on a golf cart ride/outside to play while she filmed anywhere in the house. I dont believe for one second that he couldnt have kept Brooks quiet and entertained so she could film.
They're both incredibly lazy. That's the point. Instead of working they went shopping.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

They waited to do a livestream when Brookes was awake. Weird decision if he's so difficult to film around.

They are procrastinators, plain and simple.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Katie says in the car that she was supposed to have been filming videos. I take that to mean she didnt film them.
Brooks is loud, I'm sure filming while he is awake is a challenge even if Cullen is entertaining him. I just assumed she just didn't get her filming done, but got the other things done. I don't see how that is Cullen's fault though. Katie has always been slack on her channel, this isn't something new. She's been saying she was going to film videos for months now and they haven't happened.[/quote]

Could be. But there is no way she couldnt have filmed on that couch set up theyve got in the "garage" while Brooks and Cullen played upstairs. Or Cullen could have taken him on a golf cart ride/outside to play while she filmed anywhere in the house. I dont believe for one second that he couldnt have kept Brooks quiet and entertained so she could film.
They're both incredibly lazy. That's the point. Instead of working they went shopping.[/quote]

the shopping was already planned though.. i don't see that as lazy, but Katie has gotten very lazy with her channel. but she was never really too proactive about it. i always take her talk about uploading with a grain of salt bc it rarely happens.
I actually forgot about that room. Have they ever set it up for filming yet? Idk that i've even seen that room since they moved in.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:They waited to do a livestream when Brookes was awake. Weird decision if he's so difficult to film around.

They are procrastinators, plain and simple.
yeah but a live stream is a little different than a sit down vlog or clothing haul video. People tune into their channel to see the kids so having him in the livestream isn't that strange to me. Filming a sit down vlog with Brooks yelling in the background would be a hassle, but Cullen could have left with him, unless Katie needs Cullen to help her film (which in the past i know hes pretty much always helped her with them..)
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Playsinrain wrote:
the shopping was already planned though.. i don't see that as lazy, but Katie has gotten very lazy with her channel. but she was never really too proactive about it. i always take her talk about uploading with a grain of salt bc it rarely happens.
I actually forgot about that room. Have they ever set it up for filming yet? Idk that i've even seen that room since they moved in.
Nothing about that shopping trip was necessary. Filming was also planned, but obviously not important enough to take priority over fucking around at a party store.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Nothing about that shopping trip was necessary. Filming was also planned, but obviously not important enough to take priority over fucking around at a party store.
Like i said, katie has never really had real ambition behind her channel so it just doesn't surprise me that she decided to go ahead and do the shopping they wanted to get done, instead of trying to film... I actually giggled when she said she was going to film bc it never happens. Most times i forget she even has her own channel.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

I swear we have flamed DB for this exact thing before. If Katie has a history of putting off videos, then maybe the reason Cullen and Katie aren't more successful is because they don't have a very good work ethic?

Return to “Cullen and Katie”