OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OkOscarSleepsAllDay

Unread post by Ilovecats »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:I honestly think they should just admit that theyre bored of youtube and their hearts arent in it anymore and just dial down on uploading or quit altogether. it's clear theyre just half- a**ing it now and the quality shows. get real jobs and get your life together if this is too much for you
They're not going to do that. They wouldn't be able to afford their house and such. Kyra would be making minimum wage since she doesn't have even a GED. And Oscar might be making slightly over, but not likely. Plus they would have to have a nanny 5 days a week which would be really expensive or work opposite schedules and never spend time together when they're always together right now

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

mydietsucks_1 wrote:Read carefully. Kyra knew she had PPD, she mentioned it multiple times throughout the vlogs. She knew and she didnt seek help. She knew and she tried to conceive with a four month old. This isn't you. This isn't your friend or family member. This is Kyra and Kyras situation alone which we are commenting on. Im sorry to all the people in the deep thows of mental illness, I have been there and believe me there is a light at the end no matter how dark it may seem right now. But commenting on Kyras illness is not unlike commenting on someones diet, try not to take it personally. I think some people are frustrated because Kyra has made a few changes and people are up her ass all of a sudden and this thread is fucking shit to read now.
nah it's just bc you're being a dick about it all and everyone is disagreeing with you and the way that you are phrasing things. she didnt seek help bc she didnt have support to do so. They also didnt have money back then. Should she have planned alaya so soon? No. But she did things to improve during that pregnancy--eating better, keeping active, and then she did go see a therapist during the time she was pregnant, i remember clearly. Even so, she isnt a millionare like you are claiming her to be. Not even close. Regardless therapy is SO expensive and many times the therapist doesnt even really care, they just want their money and it doesnt really help. been there. I helped regain decent control of my anxiety through self help books, exercises, yoga and meditation, etc bc i didnt wanna go see a therapist who would just tell me that i should go on anti-anxiety meds and drug me up till i forgot about my problems but didnt work to fix them. big pharma is a b***h. Therapy isnt always the best route for everyone. And she cant say she didnt try! It just didnt work for her long term. Stop shaming/hating on her. Geez. NOONE is excusing her crappy behavior bc of her mental health. get THAT through your thick head as that was yr argument and it was wrong.
waitwhat
Informer
Informer

Unread post by waitwhat »

staceybrax wrote:
ytmamaviewer24 wrote:also, their views! they can't even get 300K anymore
Their views have definitely dropped in the last 2 weeks, 2-3 weeks ago they were getting 300-400k views on all of their vlogs. I’d be nervous if I was them, their views are dropping pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They lost roughly 100k views in the past couple of weeks. At this point KKandBabyJ is gonna overtake them soon. Speaking of which, am I the only one who thinks these people are not genuine friends? Like, deep deep down KK wishes to overtake OK in views/subbers and OK hopes KK never gets on the same level as them? The most telling thing to me was KK allowing all those vicious comments about OK back when they hit 1million and weren't posting almost at all. It was actually on KK's YT platform that the tide turned for OK. That's when they lost the first 100k views iirc.
The above comment is not about you. It's about the Youtuber whose name I'm mentioning in said comment. Please do not take it personally. Thank you for understanding :)
workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workinprogress »

mydietsucks_1 wrote:$300 a session is a lot but they could afford one session a week. She is always showing off new clothes and shit on snapchat and Oscar is always buying shit so it is a pretty lame excuse to quit. Is she seeking out a different therapist or quitting all together did she say?
I feel this. There was a time when Oscar bought a drone, BoostedBoard, and XBox within a pretty short time frame. I feel like Oscar is making her feel bad about spending that much money every week, but he's out here spending money on dumb shit. Obviously, he bought those things a while ago, but even now you'd think they're more financially well off? It just makes me sad because she really needs to sort herself out, her kids can't handle having 2 parents that are a total mess

waitwhat
Informer
Informer

workinprogress wrote:
mydietsucks_1 wrote:$300 a session is a lot but they could afford one session a week. She is always showing off new clothes and shit on snapchat and Oscar is always buying shit so it is a pretty lame excuse to quit. Is she seeking out a different therapist or quitting all together did she say?
I feel this. There was a time when Oscar bought a drone, BoostedBoard, and XBox within a pretty short time frame. I feel like Oscar is making her feel bad about spending that much money every week, but he's out here spending money on dumb shit. Obviously, he bought those things a while ago, but even now you'd think they're more financially well off? It just makes me sad because she really needs to sort herself out, her kids can't handle having 2 parents that are a total mess

So, I thought about whether to say this or not and here it is: I seriously wonder if part of Kyra's problems are caused by Oscar and his attitude or at least amplified. Think about it: you have PPD/OCD/anxiety and two kids and have to edit videos most of the time and a husband who sleeps all day, plays video games and vlogs a bit and sometimes edits the videos and then all the comments he's making. You know what? When I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I can admit it: I now understand why Kyra has a babysitter several times a week. It's likely because she's mostly, by all appearances, a single mother who struggles with some mental issues as well and she is understandably overwhelmed. Yes, I think she got herself into this when she planned another kid (the overwhelming state not the mental state) but what's done is done and now, for the sake of the kids she has to do what she can and if that means a sitter, I get it now. What I don't get is why the hell she's planning two more kids.
The above comment is not about you. It's about the Youtuber whose name I'm mentioning in said comment. Please do not take it personally. Thank you for understanding :)
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

OMG Levi making Alaya laugh in the latest vlog is so stinking cute. I definitely needed those adorable baby giggles today.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

Also, Kyra asked for carseat advice.. I wonder if she'll take it. I'm still shocked they have Levi forward facing.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
ckks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ckks »

waitwhat wrote:
workinprogress wrote:

So, I thought about whether to say this or not and here it is: I seriously wonder if part of Kyra's problems are caused by Oscar and his attitude or at least amplified. Think about it: you have PPD/OCD/anxiety and two kids and have to edit videos most of the time and a husband who sleeps all day, plays video games and vlogs a bit and sometimes edits the videos and then all the comments he's making. You know what? When I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I can admit it: I now understand why Kyra has a babysitter several times a week. It's likely because she's mostly, by all appearances, a single mother who struggles with some mental issues as well and she is understandably overwhelmed. Yes, I think she got herself into this when she planned another kid (the overwhelming state not the mental state) but what's done is done and now, for the sake of the kids she has to do what she can and if that means a sitter, I get it now. What I don't get is why the hell she's planning two more kids.
I thought she said they weren't planning anymore as of now and they might not want more anymore and may consider adopting later but they hadn't made any decisions yet? She mentioned that a few vlogs back. Has she changed her mind again?

waitwhat
Informer
Informer

ckks wrote:
I thought she said they weren't planning anymore as of now and they might not want more anymore and may consider adopting later but they hadn't made any decisions yet? She mentioned that a few vlogs back. Has she changed her mind again?

I haven't watched vlogs in quite some time so I didn't know she said that recently.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:I honestly think they should just admit that theyre bored of youtube and their hearts arent in it anymore and just dial down on uploading or quit altogether. it's clear theyre just half- a**ing it now and the quality shows. get real jobs and get your life together if this is too much for you
I think that Kyra is really trying with YouTube but Oscar doesn’t care for it anymore. She does most of the vlogging now and probably most of the editing but she probably finds it hard to look after both kids, vlog, study, clean, edit etc with no help from Oscar who is sleeping off his late night video game binge. I actually think kyra would be totally fine as a single mom, she basically is now.

nebula
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nebula »

They both are bored of yt and over it. That comment of the day said it all. They are not at all enthusiastic and interested in vlogging. I mean they reached their goal, they bought a house and they have savings.
Just don't make it seem like you are doing us a favor uploading every 2 days about the events that occured 5 days ago. Its stupid and people lose interest.
As for the views compared between them and KK, I'm sure Keren is happy because she is (unsuccesfully) competitive, its in her nature. Kyra does not give a fuck about anything anyway

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
mydietsucks_1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mydietsucks_1 »

Because of the mass backlash I feel I need to ask a question so I can re-evaluate my opinion. Im an Australian with a family full of people with Mental Health issues (mostly anxiety and depression). So when I began developing social anxiety at 15 it was recognised quickly and all I had to do was visit the doctor for medication and a refferal to a therapist (10 visits for free). It wasn't a massive deal to us all. Maybe my opinion has been skewed by the fact that I didnt experience any stigma and it was easy and cheap to recieve care for my issues. Is it hard in America? How expensive is it? Is there a massive stigma that Kyra would have faced? Do therapists and physicians not care about helping? Any point on view would be appreciated so that I can get a wider view (I never want to be the asshole whose whole opinion on something is based on their personal experience without recogising people in different situations) . By the way, I am mainly talking about back in Montana when she knew and had talked about how she was struggling but hadnt done anything to get help, I recognise that now she has made steps to help her mental health.
teddyandmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by teddyandmommy »

mydietsucks_1 wrote:Because of the mass backlash I feel I need to ask a question so I can re-evaluate my opinion. Im an Australian with a family full of people with Mental Health issues (mostly anxiety and depression). So when I began developing social anxiety at 15 it was recognised quickly and all I had to do was visit the doctor for medication and a refferal to a therapist (10 visits for free). It wasn't a massive deal to us all. Maybe my opinion has been skewed by the fact that I didnt experience any stigma and it was easy and cheap to recieve care for my issues. Is it hard in America? How expensive is it? Is there a massive stigma that Kyra would have faced? Do therapists and physicians not care about helping? Any point on view would be appreciated so that I can get a wider view (I never want to be the asshole whose whole opinion on something is based on their personal experience without recogising people in different situations) . By the way, I am mainly talking about back in Montana when she knew and had talked about how she was struggling but hadnt done anything to get help, I recognise that now she has made steps to help her mental health.
Therapy is very expensive in America. The sessions she was going to were $300 a session, and she was supposed to go 5 times a week. That's $1500 a week for like six weeks. That's a crap ton of money no matter how well off you are. Another example is speech therapy which my son is in, it's $300 a week (luckily our insurance covers that). And there is a very big stigma around mental health. Often mother's that are diagnosed with any kind of mental health problem are seen as unfit to take care of a child. It's really sad. Custody cases are won because a mother/father has a mental issue that doesn't effect their parenting but is seen as something that would make them the less capable parent.
workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workinprogress »

mydietsucks_1 wrote:Because of the mass backlash I feel I need to ask a question so I can re-evaluate my opinion. Im an Australian with a family full of people with Mental Health issues (mostly anxiety and depression). So when I began developing social anxiety at 15 it was recognised quickly and all I had to do was visit the doctor for medication and a refferal to a therapist (10 visits for free). It wasn't a massive deal to us all. Maybe my opinion has been skewed by the fact that I didnt experience any stigma and it was easy and cheap to recieve care for my issues. Is it hard in America? How expensive is it? Is there a massive stigma that Kyra would have faced? Do therapists and physicians not care about helping? Any point on view would be appreciated so that I can get a wider view (I never want to be the asshole whose whole opinion on something is based on their personal experience without recogising people in different situations) . By the way, I am mainly talking about back in Montana when she knew and had talked about how she was struggling but hadnt done anything to get help, I recognise that now she has made steps to help her mental health.
Like someone else has said, therapy is insanely expensive. When I was looking into being an art therapist at Children's Hospital for terminally ill children, I realized that most of the money goes straight to the high-up pharmaceutical companies, not to the actual therapist. You're basically paying for someone to give you "happy" pills, and occasionally listen to your issues in the USA. Because the pay for so many therapists is low compared to what they should be making, the drive to help is lower. Of course, there are some incredible therapists out there, but it's tough to get a good job in that field so they're limited. There's a big issue with MH in the USA, especially because of our president. Many people think that mental health is a joke, and people are being too sensitive (the term "snowflake" floats around here pretty often) etc. Luckily, this is slowly changing and more people are realizing that mental health is a big issue.

doveminibites
Talker
Talker

Unread post by doveminibites »

I'm just wondering because I haven't been watching the vlogs for to long but had Oscar always been this uninvolved with the kids? And has he always treated and made comments like he does now to Kyra? I don't think she is the best mom in the whole world but she geninuely seems to love and care about Levi and Alaya while Oscar is always refering to them as bothersome and it just makes me sad. Levi is a sweet kid and in my opinion him putting tuperwear in the microwave (and he knows not to start it too) just shows that he is a smart boy and sees the similarities between things while Oscar is just like "wow kids always giving you suprises and I thought it stopped when they go to sleep" ... what a great attitude. I think Kyra would have benefitted more by being with someone more supportive and caring like Khoa.
teddyandmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by teddyandmommy »

doveminibites wrote:I'm just wondering because I haven't been watching the vlogs for to long but had Oscar always been this uninvolved with the kids? And has he always treated and made comments like he does now to Kyra? I don't think she is the best mom in the whole world but she geninuely seems to love and care about Levi and Alaya while Oscar is always refering to them as bothersome and it just makes me sad. Levi is a sweet kid and in my opinion him putting tuperwear in the microwave (and he knows not to start it too) just shows that he is a smart boy and sees the similarities between things while Oscar is just like "wow kids always giving you suprises and I thought it stopped when they go to sleep" ... what a great attitude. I think Kyra would have benefitted more by being with someone more supportive and caring like Khoa.
Oscar is great with kids. As in, 5+. It's like he can't comprehend that kids younger than that like to play differently and explore the world and he finds that annoying apparently. Like he doesn't get why Levi doesn't already understand everything. It's so irritating to watchImage
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

doveminibites wrote:I'm just wondering because I haven't been watching the vlogs for to long but had Oscar always been this uninvolved with the kids? And has he always treated and made comments like he does now to Kyra? I don't think she is the best mom in the whole world but she geninuely seems to love and care about Levi and Alaya while Oscar is always refering to them as bothersome and it just makes me sad. Levi is a sweet kid and in my opinion him putting tuperwear in the microwave (and he knows not to start it too) just shows that he is a smart boy and sees the similarities between things while Oscar is just like "wow kids always giving you suprises and I thought it stopped when they go to sleep" ... what a great attitude. I think Kyra would have benefitted more by being with someone more supportive and caring like Khoa.
petition for khoa to leave keren and marry kyra instead. Keren and oscar deserve each other. CAN YOU IMAGINE lol
KerrieL
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KerrieL »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
mydietsucks_1 wrote:Read carefully. Kyra knew she had PPD, she mentioned it multiple times throughout the vlogs. She knew and she didnt seek help. She knew and she tried to conceive with a four month old. This isn't you. This isn't your friend or family member. This is Kyra and Kyras situation alone which we are commenting on. Im sorry to all the people in the deep thows of mental illness, I have been there and believe me there is a light at the end no matter how dark it may seem right now. But commenting on Kyras illness is not unlike commenting on someones diet, try not to take it personally. I think some people are frustrated because Kyra has made a few changes and people are up her ass all of a sudden and this thread is fucking shit to read now.
nah it's just bc you're being a dick about it all and everyone is disagreeing with you and the way that you are phrasing things. she didnt seek help bc she didnt have support to do so. They also didnt have money back then. Should she have planned alaya so soon? No. But she did things to improve during that pregnancy--eating better, keeping active, and then she did go see a therapist during the time she was pregnant, i remember clearly. Even so, she isnt a millionare like you are claiming her to be. Not even close. Regardless therapy is SO expensive and many times the therapist doesnt even really care, they just want their money and it doesnt really help. been there. I helped regain decent control of my anxiety through self help books, exercises, yoga and meditation, etc bc i didnt wanna go see a therapist who would just tell me that i should go on anti-anxiety meds and drug me up till i forgot about my problems but didnt work to fix them. big pharma is a b***h. Therapy isnt always the best route for everyone. And she cant say she didnt try! It just didnt work for her long term. Stop shaming/hating on her. Geez. NOONE is excusing her crappy behavior bc of her mental health. get THAT through your thick head as that was yr argument and it was wrong.

Ok get off the topic! Please end the arguments :)

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Levi making Alaya laugh in the car was so adorable

Highlighter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Highlighter »

teddyandmommy wrote:
Oscar is great with kids. As in, 5+. It's like he can't comprehend that kids younger than that like to play differently and explore the world and he finds that annoying apparently. Like he doesn't get why Levi doesn't already understand everything. It's so irritating to watchImage
Yeah I agree. I think once the kids get a bit older Oscar will be a very involved dad. His family seems lovely and hopefully he isn't the polar opposite. It's just now he doesn't seem to know what to do with younger kids except meet their basic needs, he'd rather do his own thing. It's quite sad I guess but it isn't surprising considering his age. At least they have Kyra though and she seems to have got over her "I don't know how to help kids thrive" mindset. Levi seems to be doing just fine and I'm sure Alaya will too.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Return to “OKBaby”