• Advertisement

8 Remodeled Passengers | Part 6

Re: 8 Remodeled Passengers | Part 6

Postby eloise92 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:13 am

"I have to follow through" well yeh you do, but you don't threaten to take their favourite toy! Also take something away for a week or something, don't take it away forever!
eloise92
Amateur

Advertisement

Postby ujvs_ » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:50 am

what a bitch.
also, those breakfast burritos are so unhealthy and they seem to have them everyday.
ujvs_
Amateur

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:21 am

staceybrax wrote:
eloise92 wrote:In the UK disabled parking badges aren't at all to do with your vechicle, it is to do with how far the person can walk safely and without pain.

If Shari can't drive the van without adaptations, but could drive a normal car without adaptations then that isn't a disability...

My mum is 4'10 due to spinobifida but her height isn't the disabling factor! It is that her body is fundamentally an odd shape, her spine means one of her lungs never grew etc.

Yeah it’s the same in Australia, a disability permit is for just that, a disability, not because someone is short. That seems pretty strange to me, that short is deemed a valid reason for a disability permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not. At least, nowhere that I know of, unless it's actually dwarfism, which Shari doesn't have. She's likely not even completely done growing. If the van is too big for her to drive, it's the van, not her issue. If Ruby _really_ thinks Shari can get a handicapped placard just for being short, she's in for a rude awakening.
So, if I'm understanding, the problem with the math was that _Shari_ thought she should be in a more advanced class than she tested for? Well, la di da. Maybe the knock down will do her some good. It might be good for her to realize that maybe she's not the smartest kid in school.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:23 am

Bananasplit wrote:
timmytommy wrote:I know Eve isn't well loved on here, but I felt kind of sorry for her today. Her mom took one of her favorite kitty cat stuffed animals and donated it because of bad behavior. I'm all for following through on parenting/discipline, but do you have to take away a "lovey" or security item?

Majority of the time eve is encouraged to be naughty. How is she suppose to know when mom is actually going to be a mom or when she needs vlog footage. That has to be confusing for her.
This. She's encouraged to act out for vlog footage. Eve isn't old enough to tell the difference.
Poor kid.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby strawberry_smoothie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:49 am

The food these people eat is SO BLAND. Dry ass scrambled eggs on a plain tortilla? Yuck. No wonder the Griffiths' get the runs when they eat anything with a normal amount of spice/flavour.
strawberry_smoothie
Talker

Postby strawberry_smoothie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:51 am

I think Eve is very manipulating for a small child. I think she knows how to play her emotions to get what she wants. I didn't think she seemed genuinely sad about the kitty. Eve always seems to be putting on a show, in my opinion.
strawberry_smoothie
Talker

Postby Boredomatitsfinest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:59 am

ujvs_ wrote:what a bitch.
also, those breakfast burritos are so unhealthy and they seem to have them everyday.

I mean, at least she puts 3 spinach leaves in them.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper

Postby calliepaige84 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:19 am

Also why did they go to such a SMALL fridge????? That’s the size that used to be in my first home and back in my college apt. Not good for a family of 8??

They spend so much money on groceries and eating out. She could do a lot of meal prep and menu planning.

Yes because you’re really selling us on your family cookbook Ruby!

calliepaige84
Gossiper

Postby seriously7 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:22 am

strawberry_smoothie wrote:I think Eve is very manipulating for a small child. I think she knows how to play her emotions to get what she wants. I didn't think she seemed genuinely sad about the kitty. Eve always seems to be putting on a show, in my opinion.

Eve is ruthless. That little crying act was just that, an act. The girl is smart as a whip and knows exactly how to manipulate those parents time and time again. They should seriously put her in theatre classes.
seriously7
Informer

Postby Pixel » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:39 am

Anyone else recall when Julie cried because she thought Ruby wouldn't allow her to take her stuffed animal with her on her trip? This happened a couple of times, where she was embarrassed to take it places, despite loving it so much. I tend to wonder if something similar happened with one of her beloved stuffed animals in the past? :?
Pixel
Amateur

Postby onceafollower » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:47 am

calliepaige84 wrote:Also why did they go to such a SMALL fridge????? That’s the size that used to be in my first home and back in my college apt. Not good for a family of 8??

They spend so much money on groceries and eating out. She could do a lot of meal prep and menu planning.

Yes because you’re really selling us on your family cookbook Ruby!

I only have 4 kids and we just redid our kitchen this spring. I picked out the large fridge I wanted and planned my reno around it. I hated my small fridge. That made no sense.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
onceafollower
Amateur

Postby Tiger27 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:16 pm

Two thoughts...

We've seen Ruby donate inappropriate items before, stuff that should have just gone in the trash. If you take a second to think about the people receiving the items you're donating, are they really going to want your old towels (that, let's be honest, probably haven't been replaced in years) and a well-loved on (aka matted, spit covered) tiny stuffed animal? I kind of get she was trying to make a point with the cat but doing it at the expense of the donation workers who are going to have to weed out your crap is not necessary. Heck, the donation tub even said "clothes and shoes...please no dumping" and then Ruby goes and throws her crap in there. She even titled the vlog "throwing away" the cat. It's not a trash can Ruby.

And with the refrigerator...did she get a completely new one? Where did the old one go? Surely she could have put the old one in the garage. That's unless she was claiming it was too badly smoked damaged to use (which I don't believe could possibly be the case). A quick google search shows they don't really make a lot of fancy white refrigerators...stainless steel would have been an obvious better option in my opinion. When Bonnie reno-ed she got a nice fridge but didn't want a water/ice dispenser on it which I found odd because they are so freaking convenient...there were still plenty of white options with that added on...it might have encouraged the family to drink a little more water. Seems bizarre that they would upgrade appliances but still choose the smaller, dated style. Also the kitchen has enough white, stainless steel would have looked much nicer.
Tiger27
Talker

Postby onbreak » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:48 pm

Did she donate it to the church consignment store. She's in her Apron shops those places a lot and they look like junky goodwills

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
onbreak
True Gossiper

Postby jess595 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:21 pm

1. What a bitch getting rid of Eve's toy
2. Russel's phone call to his grandma was so cute, if Ruby gets rid of toy because Eve didn't listen to her, she should have told her off for being so loud while Russel was on the phone.
3. Their shopping is so unhealthy! where are the fruits and vegetables? The meat?! That cannot be their entire week's shopping
ETA:
4. Add some damn seasoning to your food Ruby! Salt and pepper do not count
jess595
Amateur

Postby seriously7 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:52 pm

Tiger27 wrote:Two thoughts...

We've seen Ruby donate inappropriate items before, stuff that should have just gone in the trash. Heck, the donation tub even said "clothes and shoes...please no dumping" It's not a trash can Ruby.

Yes. And aren't you suppose to put the donations in bags, not just in the bins loose? How can anybody be such an airhead.
seriously7
Informer

Postby Kaylor1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:47 pm

I don't have a problem with the punishment but if you can't even remember what the problem was what exactly are you trying to teach?
"I told Eve go and get or do something.....I can't remember what it was but it was urgent"

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Kaylor1
Talker

Postby seriously7 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:24 pm

Kaylor1 wrote:I don't have a problem with the punishment but if you can't even remember what the problem was what exactly are you trying to teach?
"I told Eve go and get or do something.....I can't remember what it was but it was urgent"

She can't remember because it was probably something she should have been doing for/with her preschooler. I bet the task was something Eve couldn't realistically complete.

It's weird how overnight she's expecting Eve to do so much for herself. The child just turned 4.
seriously7
Informer

Postby Highlighter » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:39 pm

seriously7 wrote:
Kaylor1 wrote:I don't have a problem with the punishment but if you can't even remember what the problem was what exactly are you trying to teach?

She can't remember because it was probably something she should have been doing for/with her preschooler. I bet the task was something Eve couldn't realistically complete.

It's weird how overnight she's expecting Eve to do so much for herself. The child just turned 4.
I think Ruby started listening to all the comments about Eve being a naughty child and just went completely wacko with the trying to prove she's disciplining her.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Highlighter
Informer

Postby Pency » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:26 am

I may be late to this, I don't watch their vlogs that often or post here, but MAN is Ruby milking that damn marshmallow metaphor. She's really proud of herself for that one.
Pency
Gossiper

Postby ohmygoshyouguys » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:46 am

Pency wrote:I may be late to this, I don't watch their vlogs that often or post here, but MAN is Ruby milking that damn marshmallow metaphor. She's really proud of herself for that one.

I don't hate Ruby like some of you do but sweet heavens, if I have to watch her mouth say the word "puffy" one more time, I'm going to come unglued!!! :|
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper

Postby ujvs_ » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:28 am

ugh the way she says puffy makes me gag
ujvs_
Amateur

Postby Teenyj » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:37 am

Ruby, Ruby, Ruby. What is with the production vlogs. The music, the photo angles etc? And back off from the camera with your over made face.

Don't much care for this family anymore. Big heads, big egos!

What's with a family cookbook?
Teenyj
Talker

Postby Lauralou_15 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Oh Ruby....why oh why do you not wear more things like you were wearing when you were singing with Eve? You looked lovely and shock horror normal! Eve has crept into my heart! I think she is (finally) growing into a very sweet little girl! Yes she still has her moments but what kid doesn’t! I thought it was very sweet she wanted to fold her clothes!
Also Can I just ask...is it normal to have so little clothes? Lien the drawers were almost bare! Mine over flow with clothes!!
Lauralou_15
Amateur

Postby thenightowl » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:54 pm

Lauralou_15 wrote:Oh Ruby....why oh why do you not wear more things like you were wearing when you were singing with Eve? You looked lovely and shock horror normal! Eve has crept into my heart! I think she is (finally) growing into a very sweet little girl! Yes she still has her moments but what kid doesn’t! I thought it was very sweet she wanted to fold her clothes!
Also Can I just ask...is it normal to have so little clothes? Lien the drawers were almost bare! Mine over flow with clothes!!

I agree with the clothes and she shares that Dresser with Julie, they seem to only have 4 main and 2 church outfits from what I have noticed, nothing mix or match, we have Garanimal type things, it just makes more sense me to have mix and match.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper

Postby Kaylor1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:56 pm

I live a very minimalist type lifestyle except when it comes to my kids clothes because they grow so fast and they play hard in them so I would much rather have a lot than a little. And honestly we do all kinds of swaps and hand me downs I haven't had to buy any actual clothes (except underwear and socks) in years!!!!! And my kids have CUTE clothes!!!! 4 daughters here and all love girly princess like things

Kaylor1
Talker

PreviousNext

Return to Other Griffiths/Mechams