Rachelle and Justin

trumputin
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Rachelle and Justin

Unread post by trumputin »

Okay, so, I totally had to post here after the vlog today of them possibly buying a house. I think it's pretty reckless.

I think the newfound YT attention is going to their head. They're only at 69k subscribers, which isn't nothing, but it also isn't something you should see as stable and as a source of main income for the long term. Rachelle just has a certificate to teach early childhood education, and is only subbing here and there. Of course, she deserves downtime and recovery after the stillbirth, but it seems like she's focusing on YT now. Justin is in the military, which is notorious for not paying well. Yes, he's getting out soon, but he's going to have to start far behind many of his peers who have already been in the workforce since HS graduation, or have degrees from 4 year colleges and universities. Being a vet will get you some help, but it still isn't easy.

They live in a modest, but very nice, condo at the moment, and it seems like it's all they really 'need.' Even if she gets pregnant, it's still a commendable starter home and would be fine with a couple of babies. The housing market in California right now is horrendous for buyers, even more so than usual. It's like she's been blinded by the paychecks and isn't thinking rationally. Why go balls to the wall now??? You have a lot to lose.

YT success is not guaranteed. They could hit a wall and growth and views could go stagnant or plummet at any time. A new algorithm could screw them over... And now they're looking at houses that are over 3,000 square feet?!? They're not even at 100k subscribers, and even then I'd be side eying them for being stupid. :?

She mentioned how she stopped vlogging after getting pregnant with Brynn because her and Justin were having a really, really terrible time in their relationship. I'm curious about what exactly went on, but I respect their privacy in that. But, I wouldn't be diving head first into buying a massive fucking home with someone I was on the edge of divorce with not even a year ago --not even six months ago (!!!), and especially without stable forms of income that back up any fallouts they will experience with YT.

She says she is big on saving, couponing, and living frugally, but in the past couple of months her spending has gotten crazier than before. She goes decor shopping once (if not more) a week. Pottery Barn is not inexpensive, and she excuses her shopping because of military discounts. She keeps mentioning how she never buys herself clothes, but then she gets shipments from Zara (or whatever it was, I can't remember) and then keeps going to Target and dropping quite a bit of money each time, with multiple pieces of clothing.

Are you really financially secure enough right now, Rachelle? You've mentioned multiple times about trying to save for various things. Maybe their families are helping them out. But could you afford a mortgage and bills from fertility surgery, should you need it again? You drive an older car, could you afford having to buy a new one if your current car craps out? What if Beau gets sick? Could you afford a surgery on top of all of that? You haven't even neutered him yet. How about if you give birth to a child who isn't 100% healthy?

It's so bizarre to go from this nice little condo, to full-fledged fancy houses that doctors would be looking at to buy, and is so unrealistic. It's setting them up to fail financially. Look at older construction homes, and save up for those when you're more stable. it's very obvious they're not that financially stable just yet for something so grand.

Then, there's the dog. She bought a puppy from a backyard breeder, which is blatantly obvious is many ways. The first being that she was sold the puppy before 8 weeks of age, which is a major fucking no-no. This is pure irresponsibility. The puppy shouldn't be sent to a home before it is given its shots. Beau could've came home withe Parvo and died. It proves to me that Rachelle just looked on Craigslist, and wanted the most IG-worthy dog so they could paint a picture of a "perfect" family -- husband in the military, perfectly decorated home, a dog, etc. This really pissed me off. She didn't get papers with it, so she's supporting unethical breeding. She's so naive. Then, she doesn't know how to trim puppy claws, how to take care of a dog in general, how his biting is normal and actually healthy to allow, and it's just plain frustrating.

She bought Beau on a rash decision. I'm inclined to think that when Justin gets home she just wants to jump straight in to being the most enviable and perfect young couple. Making all these decisions with him just available on e-mail is going to be strange for him. I really think she thinks all of this is going to completely heal their marriage. Justin always seemed a little distant from Rachelle, I really feel like she's forcing him into all these big commitments to make it harder for him to get out.
ilovelamp
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ilovelamp »

Just wanna put my 2 cents in...

I think I stumbled upon their channel when they had less than 10k subs, I can't remember. I unsubscribed after a while because I honestly felt they were boring. (Not as people, the videos just didn't intrigue me.)

A while later I was curious what they were up to and Rachelle had become pregnant. I was so happy for them, and I resubbed. Watched for a while, again, became bored and unsubbed.

I then did the same thing... searched them... found she had had a still birth. Heart wrenching. I cannot imagine going through that. I have had one miscarriage myself, early on in the pregnancy (around 9/10 weeks), and that itself was so hard to get over. ANYWAY, I don't thinK I resubbed bc I learned my lesson lol.

Did the same thing again and searched them recently. I am very put off. It seems like they are exploiting their experience. It is so sad to me. Rachelle is probably a very sweet person, but I agree... It is coming off as she is just loving every bit of the subs she has gained from her daughters death. It's just very off putting. Of course it's a good thing that they have gained a small following, but in the way it was done is just poor taste to me.

It's not a bad thing to talk about it but the way they have done it is wrong in my opinion.

I wish them all the luck in starting a family.
fingusername
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by fingusername »

trumputin wrote:Okay, so, I totally had to post here after the vlog today of them possibly buying a house. I think it's pretty reckless.

I think the newfound YT attention is going to their head. They're only at 69k subscribers, which isn't nothing, but it also isn't something you should see as stable and as a source of main income for the long term. Rachelle just has a certificate to teach early childhood education, and is only subbing here and there. Of course, she deserves downtime and recovery after the stillbirth, but it seems like she's focusing on YT now. Justin is in the military, which is notorious for not paying well. Yes, he's getting out soon, but he's going to have to start far behind many of his peers who have already been in the workforce since HS graduation, or have degrees from 4 year colleges and universities. Being a vet will get you some help, but it still isn't easy.

They live in a modest, but very nice, condo at the moment, and it seems like it's all they really 'need.' Even if she gets pregnant, it's still a commendable starter home and would be fine with a couple of babies. The housing market in California right now is horrendous for buyers, even more so than usual. It's like she's been blinded by the paychecks and isn't thinking rationally. Why go balls to the wall now??? You have a lot to lose.

YT success is not guaranteed. They could hit a wall and growth and views could go stagnant or plummet at any time. A new algorithm could screw them over... And now they're looking at houses that are over 3,000 square feet?!? They're not even at 100k subscribers, and even then I'd be side eying them for being stupid. :?

She mentioned how she stopped vlogging after getting pregnant with Brynn because her and Justin were having a really, really terrible time in their relationship. I'm curious about what exactly went on, but I respect their privacy in that. But, I wouldn't be diving head first into buying a massive fucking home with someone I was on the edge of divorce with not even a year ago --not even six months ago (!!!), and especially without stable forms of income that back up any fallouts they will experience with YT.

She says she is big on saving, couponing, and living frugally, but in the past couple of months her spending has gotten crazier than before. She goes decor shopping once (if not more) a week. Pottery Barn is not inexpensive, and she excuses her shopping because of military discounts. She keeps mentioning how she never buys herself clothes, but then she gets shipments from Zara (or whatever it was, I can't remember) and then keeps going to Target and dropping quite a bit of money each time, with multiple pieces of clothing.

Are you really financially secure enough right now, Rachelle? You've mentioned multiple times about trying to save for various things. Maybe their families are helping them out. But could you afford a mortgage and bills from fertility surgery, should you need it again? You drive an older car, could you afford having to buy a new one if your current car craps out? What if Beau gets sick? Could you afford a surgery on top of all of that? You haven't even neutered him yet. How about if you give birth to a child who isn't 100% healthy?

It's so bizarre to go from this nice little condo, to full-fledged fancy houses that doctors would be looking at to buy, and is so unrealistic. It's setting them up to fail financially. Look at older construction homes, and save up for those when you're more stable. it's very obvious they're not that financially stable just yet for something so grand.

Then, there's the dog. She bought a puppy from a backyard breeder, which is blatantly obvious is many ways. The first being that she was sold the puppy before 8 weeks of age, which is a major fucking no-no. This is pure irresponsibility. The puppy shouldn't be sent to a home before it is given its shots. Beau could've came home withe Parvo and died. It proves to me that Rachelle just looked on Craigslist, and wanted the most IG-worthy dog so they could paint a picture of a "perfect" family -- husband in the military, perfectly decorated home, a dog, etc. This really pissed me off. She didn't get papers with it, so she's supporting unethical breeding. She's so naive. Then, she doesn't know how to trim puppy claws, how to take care of a dog in general, how his biting is normal and actually healthy to allow, and it's just plain frustrating.

She bought Beau on a rash decision. I'm inclined to think that when Justin gets home she just wants to jump straight in to being the most enviable and perfect young couple. Making all these decisions with him just available on e-mail is going to be strange for him. I really think she thinks all of this is going to completely heal their marriage. Justin always seemed a little distant from Rachelle, I really feel like she's forcing him into all these big commitments to make it harder for him to get out.
I'm so glad someone else see's thru her and realizes shes out of control. After the loss of my baby I went on a buying binge...everything and anything! I felt like i "deserved" it so I bought bought bought. I'm thinking she is doing the same. She is lonely and grieving and she needs to get some stuff under control. She went on a rant about therapy having a stigma attached to it so she didn't seek it out sooner & I think she is not going!! Her baby voice is absolutely fake and annoying as hells.

After she got a shout out from KKandbabyJ her views went way up and she has changed so much. The typical youtuber...starts out real and once a few checks arrive they stop being real and live for views. So sad.
Mom2two
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mom2two »

Just proves what I said before: Rachelle is extremely immature. She doesn't have a career, stable marriage or plan besides YouTube but thinks this is a great time to buy a house. Nothing is wrong with her condo (which is most likely military housing).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mom2two
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mom2two »

youdontknowme95 wrote:
eab424 wrote:Someone mentioned wanting more yt fame to pay for more IVF. She did the $20,000 plan where up to so many times they will work with you and if by the end you do not bring home a live baby they give you most of your money back. A lot of infertility clinics have this as an option. In fact when I suggested the fundraiser that Kalyn and Robert thought of on another board I thought of this IVF plan when I came up with my figures on how it would work. I do wonder though how they came up with 20 grand in that their only 23 and I don't think she works and he's in the military and he's young so obviously his rank wouldn't be so high. My brother in law was also in the military and he did not make that kind of money at 23, and he joined when he graduated high school.

I like her and I see so much of what I went through (twice in 19 months) in her. I am so glad she is receiving therapy. That is one of the regrets I've had in this journey.

I will say I am NOT a fan of Ellie and Jared. They make me sick. And it's annoying that some of the normal yt people seem to still be drinking their kool- aid. If you've lost a child and/or have infertility then you should have a problem with Ellie and Jared and the crap they've been throwing for the last few years. It's hurtful and offensive.
i know it wouldn't help pay for much but she is/was a pre-school teacher type thing.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
She probably makes about $10/hour. Hardly enough to pay for a mortgage.

Happinessnstuff
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Happinessnstuff »

ilovelamp wrote:Just wanna put my 2 cents in...

I think I stumbled upon their channel when they had less than 10k subs, I can't remember. I unsubscribed after a while because I honestly felt they were boring. (Not as people, the videos just didn't intrigue me.)

A while later I was curious what they were up to and Rachelle had become pregnant. I was so happy for them, and I resubbed. Watched for a while, again, became bored and unsubbed.

I then did the same thing... searched them... found she had had a still birth. Heart wrenching. I cannot imagine going through that. I have had one miscarriage myself, early on in the pregnancy (around 9/10 weeks), and that itself was so hard to get over. ANYWAY, I don't thinK I resubbed bc I learned my lesson lol.

Did the same thing again and searched them recently. I am very put off. It seems like they are exploiting their experience. It is so sad to me. Rachelle is probably a very sweet person, but I agree... It is coming off as she is just loving every bit of the subs she has gained from her daughters death. It's just very off putting. Of course it's a good thing that they have gained a small following, but in the way it was done is just poor taste to me.

It's not a bad thing to talk about it but the way they have done it is wrong in my opinion.

I wish them all the luck in starting a family.
I was thinking the same thing recently. She’s made too many videos focused on that.

trumputin
Talker
Talker

Oh, and on the topic of Brynn's due date video, I thought it was so strange how it was scripted and she acted things out??? It just felt so weird and a rather insincere and impersonal way to go about it. Not that it wasn't touching, just that it felt off and stiff, like she was really trying to be creative and go viral instead of really delving into her feelings and memorializing her.
QweenKris
Talker
Talker

Unread post by QweenKris »

fingusername wrote:
trumputin wrote:Okay, so, I totally had to post here after the vlog today of them possibly buying a house. I think it's pretty reckless.

I'm so glad someone else see's thru her and realizes shes out of control. After the loss of my baby I went on a buying binge...everything and anything! I felt like i "deserved" it so I bought bought bought. I'm thinking she is doing the same. She is lonely and grieving and she needs to get some stuff under control. She went on a rant about therapy having a stigma attached to it so she didn't seek it out sooner & I think she is not going!! Her baby voice is absolutely fake and annoying as hells.

After she got a shout out from KKandbabyJ her views went way up and she has changed so much. The typical youtuber...starts out real and once a few checks arrive they stop being real and live for views. So sad.
Yes!!!! Even in a more recent video - I think it was the one right before her due date her crying was really put on and fake. I can read people really well and she really rubs me the wrong way.

QweenKris
Talker
Talker

trumputin wrote:Oh, and on the topic of Brynn's due date video, I thought it was so strange how it was scripted and she acted things out??? It just felt so weird and a rather insincere and impersonal way to go about it. Not that it wasn't touching, just that it felt off and stiff, like she was really trying to be creative and go viral instead of really delving into her feelings and memorializing her.
100%!!! I felt the exact same when watching

eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

I still can't wrap my head around that she's 23 and did IVF last year. I don't watch too many of their videos. I don't understand why at 22 they were recommended for IVF and how they came up with the money that fast at 22 with him the only one working and he's in the military. One of the baby things they bought for brynn was an almost $400 infant car seat. I get she's worked as a PK teacher but they don't make much anywhere.
QweenKris
Talker
Talker

eab424 wrote:I still can't wrap my head around that she's 23 and did IVF last year. I don't watch too many of their videos. I don't understand why at 22 they were recommended for IVF and how they came up with the money that fast at 22 with him the only one working and he's in the military. One of the baby things they bought for brynn was an almost $400 infant car seat. I get she's worked as a PK teacher but they don't make much anywhere.
Totally. No idea how that’s possible. Maybe family help? Pre school teachers make nothing - especially in CA. I live in CA and only about two hours from where she is so I know the demographic.

trumputin
Talker
Talker

eab424 wrote:I still can't wrap my head around that she's 23 and did IVF last year. I don't watch too many of their videos. I don't understand why at 22 they were recommended for IVF and how they came up with the money that fast at 22 with him the only one working and he's in the military. One of the baby things they bought for brynn was an almost $400 infant car seat. I get she's worked as a PK teacher but they don't make much anywhere.
She mentioned that her mom (and also possibly Justin's parents) helped pay for IVF.

Like I said, she constantly says she's good with money, when she just isn't. Whatsoever. There's no way they should be looking at houses like that in Temecula, it's unfeasible and just straight up stupid. That's a house someone with a million or so subs should be thinking about. I don't know why her mom is indulging her fantasies. I'm pretty sure that she and Justin are not 100% financially independent, especially when taking into consideration family helped pay for their IVF. This should absolutely not be a thought they're having at the moment.

Also, I think she's actually 22. I think they got married at 18 or 19 and had been trying pretty much since they got married, and Justin has low motility.
QweenKris
Talker
Talker

trumputin wrote:
She mentioned that her mom (and also possibly Justin's parents) helped pay for IVF.

Like I said, she constantly says she's good with money, when she just isn't. Whatsoever. There's no way they should be looking at houses like that in Temecula, it's unfeasible and just straight up stupid. That's a house someone with a million or so subs should be thinking about. I don't know why her mom is indulging her fantasies. I'm pretty sure that she and Justin are not 100% financially independent, especially when taking into consideration family helped pay for their IVF. This should absolutely not be a thought they're having at the moment.

Also, I think she's actually 22. I think they got married at 18 or 19 and had been trying pretty much since they got married, and Justin has low motility.
Absolutely. Those houses are HUGE and very pricey. She lives in a fantasy world if she thinks that’s the type of house they can afford. I think she’s using spending to suppress her grief (and other major issues) - just like with getting the dog.

MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

Allllllll of this!

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I finally watched a few videos of theirs after seeing this thread pop up occasionally...
I'm not sure what I think of them yet, but I got a really weird vibe from the due date video. I have to wonder if all of that, the letter in a bottle, flowers, actually taking it all and putting it in the ocean, would have happened if they didn't have a video to make. It was like something out of a lifetime movie.
MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

Defuego wrote:I finally watched a few videos of theirs after seeing this thread pop up occasionally...
I'm not sure what I think of them yet, but I got a really weird vibe from the due date video. I have to wonder if all of that, the letter in a bottle, flowers, actually taking it all and putting it in the ocean, would have happened if they didn't have a video to make. It was like something out of a lifetime movie.
Yeah it was all so contrived.

QweenKris
Talker
Talker

Defuego wrote:I finally watched a few videos of theirs after seeing this thread pop up occasionally...
Totally. The video before the due date video seemed very “off” as well. When she was sitting against the wall just talking about the due date being the next day etc I don’t want to sound harsh but it seemed like the tears weren’t very genuine. Yes, everyone processes grief differently but I don’t think she’s processed it yet honestly. Justin left shortly after it happened, she’s focusing her time and attention to spending spending spending, her brand new puppy, looking at homes that are far out of their means and constantly wanting to get another IVF transfer. She’s trying to fill that void that is, grief. Sadness. Emptiness. Whatever it is, she’s not addressing it head on - so it seems - and I’m just afraid in the long run, it’ll combust.

Plus it really bothers me when YTers suddenly get completely phony and “head famous” when they reach a large amount of subscribers. People subscribe because they LIKE the genuine person/personality of the YTer - don’t they realize when they start becoming disingenuous they lose their original fan base and become sellouts like the Lumps.

Ok /endrant

blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

I was a wreck on my due date and my baby didn't make it past 7 weeks it just didn't seem genuine at all and made me really upset seems like it's all a show for YouTube
NaNaBrianna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by NaNaBrianna »

The baby voice with Beau in today’s clogs.

I was kind of iffy about her before reading here, but now I see all the flaws in her choices.

I don’t even know what’s wrong with the dog but it’s just so evident that she has no clue what she’s doing. She left for 3 hours and had to have someone come check on him....I know you love your dog, but he will be okay for 3 hours!

NaNaBrianna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by NaNaBrianna »

Vlog...not clogs!

Return to “Rachelle and Justin”