Steps to Wander

funckyerdoder
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Steps to Wander

Unread post by funckyerdoder »

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to make a Thread about them, so mods please delete this if I'm not.
But since a couple of us have been wanting to talk about them, I thought it'd be a good idea.
funckyerdoder
Talker
Talker

Re: Steps to Wander

I personally am a little jealous, I'd love to go on a 9 month long road trip, and I was super excited for the vlogs.
But after seeing the first couple of videos where the van broke down so many times, I'm thinking they didn't plan this well enough. And I didn't like Corbin sounding so entitled when he was talking about the mechanic and how they weren't their first priority. They were lucky that they got towed all the way to this town if you ask me.
I'm still hoping that they can continue soon because I wanna see all the footage
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

I've only watched two of their videos and I get the feeling they are too immature to do this. Their van broke down on the first day! I understand the aesthetic of having the "wander wagon" be old, but if you're going cross country you might want to have a little more reliability. I mean I wouldn't take MY car to the next state over because I know it couldn't make it. It'll be interesting to see how many more times they break down and how it extends their trip.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

Do they have a lot of money saved up? Or are they making enough money off of YT to pay for gas & food?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
funckyerdoder
Talker
Talker

violet-kelsey black wrote:Do they have a lot of money saved up? Or are they making enough money off of YT to pay for gas & food?

They might have miscalculated since they suddenly want to do 5 videos a week
SAHMof1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SAHMof1 »

I personally love them. And am so jealous of their trip! Financially not sure how they are swinging it but I'm excited to watch the journey. I do agree that I would have personally bought something a little more reliable but hopefully they will get the kinks worked out early on and the rest of the trip will be a bit more smooth sailing.

larissaledingham
Informer
Informer

Unread post by larissaledingham »

They mentioned a week or 2 ago that they are still working but via distance (it could have been an older vlog I was just going thru watching some random videos

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by saltliferocks »

Didn't she recently graduate from University Of Portland? That is an expensive school. How is she paying her student loans?
runnerduck
Informer
Informer

Unread post by runnerduck »

saltliferocks wrote:Didn't she recently graduate from University Of Portland? That is an expensive school. How is she paying her student loans?
Usually student loans can stay in deferral for a little while post graduation. Usually that time is used productively, finding a job and what not so you can actually afford to start paying them.

kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

Can someone fill me in on their birth control situation or what video they discuss it in? I thought I saw on the DB thread that they were NTNP?
SBC1990
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by SBC1990 »

They will probably get pregnant on The road during this trip.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
You Got It Dude 8-)
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Are they only going to be able to go places where they can take Paris? I can't imagine them leaving him in the van by himself. But at the same time how could you work it out so that you can go EVERYWHERE with a dog for so many months? That would drive me crazy.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I have really enjoyed their vlogs so far, and add Glacier as a bucketlist item for me, my god its gorgeous!!!!!!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

fossilfinger wrote:Are they only going to be able to go places where they can take Paris? I can't imagine them leaving him in the van by himself. But at the same time how could you work it out so that you can go EVERYWHERE with a dog for so many months? That would drive me crazy.
Someone had brought that up in the comments the other day and they said they plan on only going to dog friendly places, but if they have to leave him in the van they have a safe, climate controlled area for him to stay. They didn't elaborate on where or what it was, but hopefully they are telling the truth.
funckyerdoder
Talker
Talker

I would love to know how much per day they spend, and how much they wanna spend per day. I'd love to go on a big long road trip, and I remember from my last one (1 month) that we went over budget.

I also really hope that they find the mouse or that the mouse leaves on its own before it dies :/ I don't wanna imagine the smell
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

kittypurry wrote:Can someone fill me in on their birth control situation or what video they discuss it in? I thought I saw on the DB thread that they were NTNP?
She didn't quite say that. I don't know why they shared this, but the impression I got was they have not used hormonal birth control or a barrier method for the last four years. The only thing I can think of that is left is Natural Family Planning where you time intercourse around your cycle to avoid ovulation, because she said they use a "natural means." The video is called "Taking prenatal vitamins." I think it was click bait, but I just thought it was hilarious that she's claiming there's such a high probability that she could be pregnant every month that she's taking prenatal vitamins so as not to deprive the non-existent baby that they're not trying for, and yet in the very next clip she's drinking a glass of red wine with dinner. Her doctor didn't also tell her to cut out alcohol if they're not using birth control?

And what is their plan exactly? I'm around their age, and the whole time I watch them I'm just thinking, "Be responsible, get a job, use birth control until you can afford a child." They don't even have a reliable wi-fi connection, I highly doubt they're working remotely.

I don't actually mind her, but I can barely tolerate her husband in their videos. I think it was a combination of that whiny video he did about quitting his job and his overall entitlement. And the strange Amish beard. I cringe so hard while watching, because that van is not built for a cross-country trip and it's just going to be one disaster after another.
spotsanddots
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by spotsanddots »

I do wonder how much financial planning they did for this trip. Their not even a month into their trip and they have alreay upped there vlogs to 5 days a week, and are now stating a fundraising campaign.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sammibro »

I just started watching some of their vlogs from when they were prepping the van, and they are kind of interesting people! I found them a little off putting on the Daily Bumps vlogs, but maybe that was due to who they were around! Lol! Anyway, now that the NTNP has been brought up, I wonder if Kelsey is weird around Missy because Missy seems to just want to talk about how Kelsey and Corbin should have kids? I'm not implying that she's having fertility issues, but no matter what, it can get kind of annoying if a friend keeps telling you need to hurry up and pop out a few babies! Women can have other plans in life that don't involve getting pregnant right away. Taking an extended road trip like this would probably be very difficult with babies in tow. And if Kelsey is having fertility issues, the last thing she would probably want would be Fertile Myrtle throwing it in her face that she's not pregnant yet.

In any case, I'm going to keep watching the vlogs because I also don't understand how they planned for this or how they budgeted for this! I'd love to take a trip like this with my kids when they are older. It does seem like a wonderful experience, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out!

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
funckyerdoder
Talker
Talker

Kryptonite wrote:Is this at all related to DB? If not I'll need to move it to the Lesser Gossiped section. :)

(ETA: I mean are you discussing DB here or just STW?)
Yeah, I think DB would only come up if they're in their vlog. It seems like StW and DB are like day and night lol, so nothing much to compare
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

The Wander Wagon is having so many problems I can't help wondering if they actually are as easy-going as they put forth on camera or if it's putting a strain on their relationship. I would have thrown in the towel by now, junked the van, and caught a plane home...

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”