These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on YTMD. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
Rules to Follow
- Cross posting is not allowed and will result in the removal of one or more posts. Cross posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more locations. When posting your topic, please try to post it in the most appropriate place within the organizational structure of our community. Identical topics posted in the same or different forums will be removed. #
- While member post count has meaning, it should not be taken too seriously. Attempts to artificially increase your post count are prohibited. This includes the mass creation of short or meaningless posts. When participating in threads please do not post consecutive replies within a short period of time. #
- Advertisements are not allowed. Generally speaking, posts made specifically for the promotion of a website, product or service are considered advertising or, at least, posts made that unnecessarily send people to a website that you are in some way affiliated with. It does not matter if it is a commercial website, a personal website, a non profit website, etc. Anyone found to be posting excessive links to their websites or suspected of using "sneaky" advertising methods is in violation of this guideline. You may only post a link to your site/a site that you are in some way affiliated with if the link specifically answers the question that is being asked and the answer cannot be simply posted without the link. Even then, link directly to the page where the information can be found. General and unnecessary links will be tagged as advertising. If you are found to be excessively posting links to your site (or you appear to be seeking out threads where your link may be relevant, so that you can post it), you may lose the ability to post links to your site. #
- Do NOT post personal, real-life information such as home addresses and home phone numbers. #
- As this is an English-speaking community, we require that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received and properly monitored. #
- Vulgar slurs and inappropriate material is not allowed and will be removed. Abbreviations, self censoring, and attempts to circumvent the word censoring feature of the community software also violate this guideline. If your post contains a word that is censored by the software, you must remove that word or the post will be removed. If you feel that the censor is acting in error, please contact us. #
- Posts that discuss illegal activities, transactions, or websites such as warez, cracks, etc. will be removed. This includes the posting of information that you have obtained illegally. #
- Strong political and religious sentiments should be kept out of threads, profiles, signatures, and other content. #
- Do not post copyrighted materials (articles, videos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute. #
- Respect is the name of the game. You must respect your fellow members. Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments as well as flaming, taunting, and general disrespect. Do not simply put down the opinion or advice given by others. If you don't agree with it, say why - respectfully. Don't just tell them they're wrong. Do not make uninvited remarks about typos, duplicate posts, posting styles, etc.When an opinion-based discussion is being had, do not state things like "there is no argument" as if your opinion is the only one or the only one that matters. When someone has clearly stated their opinion, do not say things like "Are you serious?" and "Are you kidding me?" Remember, this is not a debate club. This is a friendly discussion community. Allow people to have their opinion. No one is to act as some sort of opinion judge, responding to each one to say whether they agree with it or not or whether or not it is a valid, well thought out opinion. There is a Boxing Ring section where you can battle it out if need be. Keep this type of activity out of the other threads. #
- Signatures are limited to two lines of text. This includes blank lines. You are allowed one image. The text in the signature may be customized by the BBCode in use on the forums. It is recommended that you stick with readable fonts and colors and that the size is not too large. You may mention websites and ventures that you are in some way related to, as long as they are otherwise appropriate for this community. Focus on things that you like, not things that you don't. We reserve the right to edit your signature if it does not follow our guidelines. #
- Each user is allowed to create and use one account. Do not share your account with another person. If you are found to have multiple accounts, they will be merged with your original account and you will receive a warning. If you create more accounts after your warning, you will be banned. If you would like to change your username, please contact us and, most likely, we can do it for you while you can keep all of your profile data, posts, and other content. #
- Automated account creation, participation, and content scraping is not permitted. #
- We know that people will have to leave our community (of their own free will or otherwise) from time to time and to that end, we do not delete accounts, posts, or other content posted on our community. All content is granted to us with perpetual electronic publishing rights because any content posted on this community becomes a part of the community, even if you no longer are. You may request an item to be removed at any time, but we will decide when and if to remove content from our community. If you wish to no longer participate in our community, we will be glad to close your account. After account closure, you will no longer be able to participate in this community and this action is not reversible. #
- Moderators and Admins have the final say on anything. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to them directly and not publicly on the website. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted. We are not perfect and if you feel that we have made a mistake, please privately contact a staff member and we will review the situation. #
- Please refrain from mocking or diagnosing mental and physical illnesses. You are not the personal doctor to anyone here, and thus should not suggest what anyone has, be it a member, YouTuber or a YouTuber's child. #
- If you harass a YouTuber or are found leaving NEGATIVE comments on the social media profiles of a YouTuber, you will be warned and eventually banned if the posting continues. Please keep the negativity and opinions on site. If you MUST comment, please do not post a screencapture of that particular comment here. We understand that we have no control over what is said off site but know that this behaviour is highly discouraged by staff and site members. #
- Any reports made that do NOT break the rules will result in a warning. #
- A Warning - Depending on how serious a violation is, you may be issued a verbal or written warning first. #
- Muting (you may view the board, but cannot participate) - Muting for 3 days for first offense, Muting for 10 days for second offense. Further actions may include a Ban. #
- People who cause more problems after being muted for 10 days will be banned for a month, and for 2 months for the next offense. #
- If at this point, it is obvious that you will never learn your lesson, you will receive a permanent ban as is necessary to be rid of the problems you cause. #
- There are no excuses for breaking the rules. It doesn't matter if you were angry at the time and weren't thinking straight. It doesn't matter if you were only kidding around. If you break a rule, it does the same damage, regardless of your reasons for breaking it, and you will be punished all the same. #
- Harassing the administration about punishments is not allowed. The admins are only trying to do their job, and many times they have to make difficult decisions. You also may not make threats against administrators (or other members for that matter). Punishment for harassment ranges from a 5 day mute for minor issues to a permanent ban if serious threats are involved. #
- If you break more than one rule, the punishments will stack up to a maximum of 2 months, or a permanent ban - if necessary. If a sentencing length is 10 days or less, it is a mute, otherwise, it can either be a temporary or permanent ban. #
Questions and Suggestions
- Do you have a question about our User Guidelines or anything else? Do you have a suggestion? Do you want to offer some feedback? Or are you experiencing some trouble with the site? Well, no matter what it is, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be glad to help in any way that we can. #
- The act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet
- The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly upsetting people, usually via the internet, using dialogue.
- Being a jerk on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.
- Attempting to get a rise out of someone. Forcing them to respond to you, either through wise-crackery, posting incorrect information, asking blatantly stupid questions, or other foolishness.
- To engage in an online argument usually involving unfounded personal attacks by one or more parties.
- Mockery and insults thrown at internet users back and forth.
- The act of flaming includes insults to a person's intelligence or somebody's mother, trying to make a fool of that person or humiliate that person, crude language, threats and intimidation, and the list goes on and on.
Off Topic Posts
- Redirecting a discussion thread off topic or trying to anger others posting on the thread. The content of these posts are generally considered as NOT following the thread/topic/subject or not sticking to the current conversation - IE: "This has nothing to do with what we are talking about, but ___."