Touching base...

Current Site News
TaylorKnows

Re: Touching base...

Post by TaylorKnows » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:51 am

Look, I get why you say we were given this site. It's whatever. But this isn't much better. A lot of the features are gone, it's less monitored and I find it annoying to have to switch sites so its rare I go on GG anymore.

Is it at all possible for us to just go back? I mean this in the politest way possible. I get its for gurus, but it'd still be nice.
FLOSSY77

Post by FLOSSY77 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:06 am

I don't want to be monitored like before. People whining over everything to the Mods.
guestgue
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by guestgue » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:02 am

Do you remember how for a few months GG had a problem with the site's pages going down and getting error messages? Part of that was due to the traffic. The solution was to separate one of the busier subsections into its own site to ease the traffic. As said, the mommies kind of just outgrew the site.

As for monitoring, I don't think anyone meant for it too be that way. I can personally say that I really haven't been available for the entire month for either site. However, my schedule has slowed do that should change. If there's ever s problem that needs immediate responding to and you feel like your on will just sit unread, feel free to email me. It goes to my phone.

[email protected]
“There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” – Fred Rogers

[email protected]
whatsername_

Post by whatsername_ » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:05 am

I think while monitoring thing is a little bit...useless? Don't we have the boxing ring now?
Which... Isn't that just like... A public place to brawl when we could use pm's?
In theory, it's a great entertaining idea, but do you honestly believe the women here aren't gonna jump in to defend our "cliques"? :|

Any issues we've had since the move have worked themselves out anyway. Not much fighting.

There's just a lot going on with the layout. Couldn't you make all the topics like pregnancy/parenting into one?
I feel like it takes up a lot of room, especially when they're not "popular" topics, you feel me?
bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by bipolarmorgan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:32 pm

The dramabox should work for a "boxing ring" ... I guess it depends on what ya'll want for that. As far as monitoring - that's up to the moddies .... topics can also be changed/merged by the moddies ....
bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by bipolarmorgan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:14 pm

gypsophila wrote:We don't need all the sub-sections. Why can't the front page be JUST the topics that have been bumped up, like on GG? It would take up less space in what is already an over cluttered page.
Very likely, I think mostly that's what the portal is for though .... if not, give me some details ... maybe even screenshots to describe what you mean. I will see if I can make it happen. :) Hope that helps.
thegooseiscooked

Post by thegooseiscooked » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:16 pm

guestgue wrote:Do you remember how for a few months GG had a problem with the site's pages going down and getting error messages? Part of that was due to the traffic. The solution was to separate one of the busier subsections into its own site to ease the traffic. As said, the mommies kind of just outgrew the site.

[email protected]
THANK YOU!!!!! Finally a logical reason comes to light rather than just fobbing it off.

Meh....the mods. I don't want this site over moderated. I remember the whole ridiculous overalls saga. It's is a public forum, if we want to get into a fists up argument, we should be able to. We're all adults, if things get a bit rough, then walk away. MakeupGirly is good, she is there when asked something but not overbearing.

I just really didn't like the condescending tone of Lulu's post. Apologies if I seemed rude, but it honestly made me think of the babysitter popping her head in, patting us all on the head like good little kiddies and swanning off again. No, we are not entirely happy over here and yes, we wish the move had not happened. That's as "nice" as I can be. I'm not going to sugarcoat it.

In terms of suggestions on how to improve out lot, first up I am begging for the thank feature back. Some people make really clever comments and I don't always want to reply. I would like to be able to acknowledge the comment without feeling the need to type "^^^^^ THIS" every time.

Secondly, the number of subsections is ridiculous. I find that most of them are untouched and we are all still posting in Off-Topic Banter anyway. Perhaps we could lose the subsections and make the site a lot easier to navigate. It has literally taken me weeks to find some posts that were going on and I'm sure I haven't even explored 1/4 of this site yet.

Thanks.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:13 pm

Yeah, I think it'll get better once some useless pages are taken out and a little pruning of unused threads are out. Maybe it will get better with familiarity, and right now, we can all just consider ourselves the O.G.'s of this page, haha. It'll build eventually I'm sure.
FLOSSY77

Post by FLOSSY77 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:18 pm

I agree. I feel like this house has too many rooms.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:24 pm

It's obvious that moderators don't come in here but once in a blue moon. Other members have mentioned messaging certain mods and not getting a response for days. Threads go WAY past 40 pages, and there are so many holes in this site and features missing. I lost 200 something thanks, lol. I am stomping my foot on that one simply because I have some epic posts that I made that I would like to refer back to on the personalities page on GG but can't now. I made some funny gifs and photos and knew how to find them by looking at my thanks history, but now, poof...gone.

The thank feature was restored, but I don't see it. I can't post images or photos, unless I possibly manually type the code in.

Grrr!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:32 pm

Aww Flossy. You took my second thank virginity.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Lulu, with all due respect, I think you really need to take criticism with a grain of salt and really take from those critiques what can benefit the running of this site.

Many have been frustrated because this page has obviously been on the back burner for a while now, and almost a month later, mods make an appearance to see what they can do to help. I know of users that have messaged mods and those messages have been ignored. Pages have gone past 40+, and there really has been no moderation present. I think maybe this page was just done kind of prematurely without all the MAJOR kinks being worked out.

Companies run Beta testing for reasons, and it's so when it is open to the public for general use, there isn't a riot of people complaining about the changes.
I have Beta tested for large social media companies like Facebook, Twitter, and ESPN mobile. You allowed anyone and everyone to express their concerns, and while I understand they aren't the nicest and rosiest of comments, people feel like they have had these vents for about a month now.

When Facebook changes even just a handful of features, people bitch and complain for days, even weeks, but slowly people adjust. If Mark Zuckerberg acted like you did Lulu in the other comment, things would get so much worse and Facebook would obviously not have a lot of support. Now, lord knows this is millenniums different than that social media monster, but the same concept can go. Just say that you are slowly trying to work things out and be patient. The last time you thanked us for being patient on GG, we were all saying thanks for the hard work.

Understand that this site is built on the premise of gossip and trash talking, so to expect a teaparty with candy and crumpets when you ask us what we think after ignoring us for weeks is far off base.

We appreciate Morgan's hard work as well as yours for maintaining the site. We seriously do. But just know that all of our small vents are going to seem like a shit storm in your eyes, but please understand that we are all venting some (well, maybe some are venting a ton more).

We are very appreciative of Morgan's willingness to try and restore features that we like, but understand that we were basically orphaned for a week and then put into a "home" that wasn't quite ready for us. Maybe a little more time and maybe having a FEW members giving advice on what they think would work would have been a much better approach. It's all a part of a learning process. If companies or websites just made changes without taking advice from some nicer folks and then responded in such hostility, they would fall to ruins.

So, can we start over with a compromise? A little moderation is needed for sure. Maybe what people don't want is being told constantly what they can and can't say, but it still helps to have moderators who respond to requests, concerns, and messages--something that has not been happening.

If everyone can calm down a little, and Lulu, just breathe and come back to this tomorrow or whenever, that's fine. Morgan has been pretty polite in dealing with our sometimes unreasonable estrogen fueled vents. All of us have the same frustrations, and when one person vents, we all vent and it just fuels our fires-- but that's human nature. Half of the comments aren't even serious, especially the rioting ones. It's their way of having fun and joking.

Lord, I wrote a ton more than I wanted, but sometimes a little compromise would go a long way. Instead of blowing up on us like you did in that one comment, just acknowledge that you do understand our concerns and ignore the comments that piss you off. We wouldn't be requesting things if we didn't think they were possible or that Morgan isn't capable of making it happen.

Just don't ignore us for a month and then ask us how we are doing in an open setting where we can all reply. We ALL have frustrations, and maybe the timing of asking us just came pretty late.
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by AutumnLane » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:18 pm

So not sure is this is user error but one I constantly have to click the (Switch to full style) setting, its like it wont stay put on full style. Second the active threads appear & disappear. Can somebody tell me if this is something I myself can fix or is it a glitch in the new site? Thanks!!
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
thegooseiscooked

Post by thegooseiscooked » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:20 pm

OhReallyNow wrote:Aww Flossy. You took my second thank virginity.
Morgan took mine, I feel pretty special right now.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:33 pm

I think the page just isn't that user friendly to people that don't understand forums that well. I certainly don't understand what "portal" means, haha. And it was only by mistake that I found recent activity.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:34 pm

thegooseiscooked wrote:
OhReallyNow wrote:Aww Flossy. You took my second thank virginity.
Morgan took mine, I feel pretty special right now.
Goosey, remember when you stole my 100th? Those were the days lol
thegooseiscooked

Post by thegooseiscooked » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:42 pm

I think I missed and was the 101st.

Meanwhile, I still don't have a thank button, Morgan seems a little bit like he's been drinking, making weird comments about cupcakes and posting topics no one can reply to.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Hell, I'd probably drink if I was Morgan too.
thegooseiscooked

Post by thegooseiscooked » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:45 pm

I think the portal was supposed to be a magical doorway between GG and here but unfortunately someone seems to have slammed the door shut after we had passed through.
busybuyingbins
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by busybuyingbins » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:47 pm

i still don't have the thank feature.
and can the font and whole layout be bigger?
i don't know if that makes sense but like how it is on gg.
it just looks very strange here

also since there are never any mods around, if a mod or something is reading this can someone please change my username? this is my old one. on gg its busybuyingbins now. it would be very much appreciated.

thank you.
formerly known as ashhbby.
thegooseiscooked

Post by thegooseiscooked » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:48 pm

My thank button had just appeared.

Quick, someone say something good!
FLOSSY77

Post by FLOSSY77 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:52 pm

I can't find my little smiley people. Unless I quote someone. Total dumb ass problem.
thegooseiscooked

Post by thegooseiscooked » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:53 pm

Now that one I think I can fix Flossy.

You won't get them if you post in Quick Reply. You have to use the Post Reply button further down.
FLOSSY77

Post by FLOSSY77 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:57 pm

:tu:
thegooseiscooked

Post by thegooseiscooked » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:58 pm

What, no thanks? I'm slightly ahead of ORN and it won't last long.

Return to “NEWS”