Dress shopping is destroying me. Help!

Littlewaltz
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dress shopping is destroying me. Help!

Unread post by Littlewaltz »

I have been dress shopping on 4 different occasions, over 30 different dresses and I just end up leaving frustrated and in tears. Since a lot of you girls are married already I figured I would ask here.

Note: I have been engaged before and called it off a month before the wedding because the dude was a jackass, I had a dress custom made by a fashion student so it was tailored to me perfectly before I even tried it on. I wouldn't use this dress again even if I could, which I can't because it was trashed at my "happy unwedding" party.

Ok, I am 4'9" tall and 74lbs currently. I am little bitty and NO DRESS ON THIS PLANET looks good on my frame. I also have a pretty large chest tattoo that I would like to be at least a little bit covered (either sheer or lace type thing). I have found a few that I thought were perfect but when trying them on, they are huge and frumpy looking even when they are pinned to the general idea of them being tailored. The ladies at the shops have tried to reassure me that it will look amazing when the alterations are done and not to worry and blah blah blah, I can't see it. I am short and I have a long body, my inseam is like 28 or something so just the way the dresses fit on my hips it makes the bottom look horrible adding the fact I am all hips and ass with not much up top it is just horrible.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, I know nothing about fashion or dresses I am not really a girly girl so if you would be so kind to give me some suggestions I will love you all forever.

Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am and my attitude depends on who you are.

Littlewaltz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Dress shopping is destroying me. Help!

Since about 5 months ago :D

We are just having a small celebration on the D/L in Napa with just his family but I still want a dress that actually looks nice on me. :(

Littlewaltz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Yeah I know what you mean lol. Hope everything is still going well on the home front?

whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

Have you tried using someone through etsy?

They could easily make a dress that would be tailored perfectly. Of course, ordering it offline is scary - but if you gave them exact measurements, you'd be okay. :)

Congratulations! :cheer:
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

^^^ I was going to suggest etsy but have a seamstress that's local or something measure you so they are very exact. I've seen nice ones on there!
Littlewaltz
Gossiper
Gossiper

I just want to thank you ladies for your Etsy suggestions, I never even thought to look there but I did and behold my wedding dress! Opinions?

hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

Ooohhhh I love the top of that dress
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

That is gorgeous!!!

Return to “Wedding Planning”