Anyone ever taken Ortho Micronor?

blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Anyone ever taken Ortho Micronor?

Unread post by blackbetty »

I can't take the combo pill so I'm on it. Almost 6 mos. it's doing weird things. Anyone have experience with it or another mini pill?
#FreeBen
kelsiejumper
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anyone ever taken Ortho Micronor?

Unread post by kelsiejumper »

I take ortho micronor, I have for nearly 3 years. I remember the first year being wacky, like a period every two weeks, skipped periods. Etc. It was a pain, but it was improvement from where I was before taking it. Around a year or so into it I went to a light 3 day regular periods and have stayed pretty regular since. I still experience occassional weird months. But it doesnt bother me because I went from 7 days of hell to pretty normal.

I also know women who have taken it and have had their periods go away after a year or so on the mini pill.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I had my period like 26 days a month the first 4.5 mos. about 3 wks ago I stopped bleeding and never started again. Freaks me out a bit. I take it at the exact same time every day down to the minute cause I had issues with it any other way. Sort of hoping I stop having a period but it is also kinda stressful not to. The first few months of this shit was HELL and my boyfriend begged me to stop taking it. I'm glad I kept going though because it is finally getting better.
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Oh, I am on it because I get migraines with aura. Before taking it I was every 28 days.
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Popped in to start a thread and remembered starting this one.

Update: almost 9 mos in and I love this pill. Still a few side effects (similar to pregnancy symptoms - headaches, nausea, but nothing too awful!) Period is pretty regular now *knock on wood* save for a random one day of spotting at the beginning of feb. Almost took a pregnancy test because it seemed implantation bleeding like to me, but my period was only 2-3 days late which is normal for me. Slightly irregular but nothin crazy.

So if any if you have to get on this pill, my advice is if you can make it through the initial adjustment period (it was pretty terrible for me), it is a great pill. Not pregnant, my periods are shorter and lighter and the side effects are manageable. If you end up being stuck going on this pill, tough it out cause I promise you it gets better. Takes more time to adjust than you'd expect but there IS a light at the end of the tunnel
#FreeBen

Return to “Relationships”