Broken again and scared of the future?

MKitty
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Broken again and scared of the future?

Unread post by MKitty »

Long story short, I met this guy while working at camp last year. He came into my life at a time when I thought everything was going to be terrible and nothing was going to make me happy. We became really close, but started to fall distant after a few months. He lives 5 hrs away so it's hard for us to see each other. It's been 10 months since I've last seen him. We're only in our teens and he isn't old enough to drive and I don't have my full license yet. I had last seen him in August we used to text a lot, but my best guess it that school and sports got in the way. He ended up texting me one time in October and said that he was sorry for blowing me off for so long and what not. But even since then we didn't talk a whole lot. There was a time in Feb that my friend was over and I texted him. I only said "hey" then my friend wanted to text him and I let her since I knew she wouldn't do anything bad. We hadn't had a conversation since probably late November, but I didn't realize that until months later. He kind of flipped out because he didn't know her and I felt super bad since I didn't know he would react that way. I quickly texted him and apologized. But ever since then things have changed. I don't know if he was losing interest in the first place and that conversation pushed him on even more or what. But he's the type of person who would put "haha" or "lol" at the end or beginning of everything. Funny or not. That ended. There was a point where he was still calling me "babe" and stuff. But I dunno.
When I asked him if he was going to work at camp one time. He just said. "Idk, maybe." When I asked him yesterday he said he was just going to be a camper this year. I was so crushed. He was one of the main reasons why I was coming back this summer. Even more so why I ventured out and got a paid job. There's something paid staff have to do which is really hard for me. But I was going to do it for him. Now he's just camping. I feel so crushed. Like my world has just fallen apart. There's two weeks that he may come, but I didn't have the guts to ask which one. But it's still killing me that I won't be able to see him all summer. I'm scared that when he does camp, that things will change in person too. I'm scared that they won't go back to what they used to be. I still love him, but I don't know if he still loves me. What should I do? I'm scared of the future. I've had bad experiences in the past where someone close to me kinda fell distant and I had a really hard time dealing with it. I fell apart for over a year over what had happened in the past. I don't want to go through that again. I also know that he's going to be in the area all summer. But I'm scared that he won't venture out and contact me or something so we can do something together. I don't get to see him that often and summer is the only time. So I was kind of hoping that we would be able to do a lot together this summer. But I'm scared now that that won't happen. We're not actually dating though. He ended up texting me one time after we went someplace with some friends and fully admitted to liking me and what not, but didn't want to date right now because of the distance. But we got really close and he called me "babe" sometimes. And we used to tell each other that we missed each other and I love you.
Thegoatsmeow

Re: Broken again and scared of the future?

Unread post by Thegoatsmeow »

To be blunt, it sounds like he is only using you when it is convenient to him. My guess even if you did see him at camp, he would be all friendly with you, but once camp is over it would go back to the way things were. Sounds like he is playing mind games. You deserve better.

Return to “Relationships”