Vaccinations?

Heartbreakcoverupxo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Vaccinations?

Unread post by Heartbreakcoverupxo »

My son just got his two month vaccinations yesterday, and hard to believe it was 4 shots and 1 oral liquid stuff! I couldn't believe it. I wanted to research more on vaccinations because I never did, but my husband wanted to get them done and the doctor said he would be fine and all that, but my question is did anybody's child react badly to these two month vaccinations? I'm nervous, but he seems okay, his temperature is good. He is very cranky though but his legs must be sore because of the shots. :(
I speak the truth, if that makes me a bitch then so be it.
BlazeMercy
Talker
Talker

Re: Vaccinations?

Unread post by BlazeMercy »

One of my kids had a horrible HORRIBLE reaction to the dtAp vac and also had what is called the dtAp scream (google it if you want to know more) that lasted over 29 hours straight (we had to take her to the ER) and ever since that day we looked more and more into vacc's and decided to do a delayed/selective schedule. We give some vaccs, but we also deny quite a few of them too based on what we feel is and isn't needed. That day with her reaction scared me big time, and I hope to never experience that again. I however won't disclose what one's we do get and don't get because as a parent we decide what we feel is best for our children/family which isn't going to be the best for everyone.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

Selectively vaccinated our son. I have a almost 3 month old daughter and we are not vaccinating her. Considered rsv vaccine but with lots of research, found it is pointless bc there are so many strands and it's not even effective. This is my decision after over a year of research. I'm also a licensed nurse :)
Chevbowlyn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Chevbowlyn »

If you want to vaccinate either select or wait until they're two when their immune system is more mature. I don't vaccinate at all anymore for religious and personal reasons.
Heartbreakcoverupxo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Heartbreakcoverupxo »

Thank you all for replying, so far he's still good. I also asked the doctor about doing 1 or 2 at a time. He said it's better for his immune system for him to get it done at once. Then he went on to say he does this everyday it's rare for something bad to happen. I don't know...I should have researched but I didn't know they suggest all these vaccines at two months. I was under the impression his two month appointment was for the third dose of the hep B vaccination.
I speak the truth, if that makes me a bitch then so be it.
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by strawberries »

My daugher had 5 shots in her legs for her 2 month. I remember she fell asleep but woke up screaming inconsolably then back to sleep. Again woke up with uncontrollable screaming. After that she was fine. Since then I space her shots out.
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

My daughter had a reaction to her 2 month shots, and it caused us to go with the no/delay route.
She had hard bumps on her legs where the shots were for about a month, then they turned to bruises that lasted a month. They went away 2 days before her next appointment (to get more vaccinations).
She didn't have a fever or wasn't cranky. She seemed absolutely fine, just her legs looked horrid.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

I've had zero issues with both my kids. We get them all on time to a t. Our doctor just tells us to give Advil or Tylenol an hour before hand.
Bonnie
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Bonnie »

I was fully vaccinated and never had a single reaction. My son has had all of his shots, on time (2, 4 & 6 months) and never had a single reaction aside from the upset "Hey what are you... Ouchie!" cry that lasted about 2 seconds each time.

I should add that here, it's 2 shots, 1 oral and then at 6 months it's just 1 shot. Boom. Done until 1.
Chevbowlyn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Chevbowlyn »

Bonnie wrote:I was fully vaccinated and never had a single reaction. My son has had all of his shots, on time (2, 4 & 6 months) and never had a single reaction aside from the upset "Hey what are you... Ouchie!" cry that lasted about 2 seconds each time.

I should add that here, it's 2 shots, 1 oral and then at 6 months it's just 1 shot. Boom. Done until 1.
This is America's list. It's definitely not 2 shots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

^^^^ yep. That's insane to me and I'm not injecting my baby with all that.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

My daughters gets 1 oral and 2 needles.

She actually goes for her 15 months needles December 10 at 10:30. Then nothing till 18 months. I have to go for my updated hep b needle and whatever else I need.

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”