Baby Fever

queenofhearts
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Baby Fever

Unread post by queenofhearts »

I just found out that my boyfriend's brother is gonna be a daddy, which means I get to be an auntie and hold a baby! I'm pretty excited to be an aunt, and since my boyfriend and I have been together for quite a while (we own a home together & are planning to get married in a couple of years), I'm most likely going to be around for this kid's life. It's making my baby fever so intense! I just love babies and I really want one of my own and I'm just a little, wee bit jealous. Honestly though, I know it's not a good time for us, especially since I had a pregnancy scare a few months ago and it was a real wake-up call when I realized all the stuff I would have to give up. My god though, I just want one soooo bad.
namaste
Talker
Talker

Unread post by namaste »

queenofhearts wrote:I just found out that my boyfriend's brother is gonna be a daddy, which means I get to be an auntie and hold a baby! I'm pretty excited to be an aunt, and since my boyfriend and I have been together for quite a while (we own a home together & are planning to get married in a couple of years), I'm most likely going to be around for this kid's life. It's making my baby fever so intense! I just love babies and I really want one of my own and I'm just a little, wee bit jealous. Honestly though, I know it's not a good time for us, especially since I had a pregnancy scare a few months ago and it was a real wake-up call when I realized all the stuff I would have to give up. My god though, I just want one soooo bad.
You think you got it bad? My friggen DAD just had another kid. I'm 22, he's 42. So now I have to wait even longer! Lol. Plus my boyfriend gives me the ole "7-10 years" whenever I tell him I wanna baby :( I had a scare a few months back too and kind of had a "WTF" Moment and realized OK, maybe I'm not ready as well. But I feel ya sista. Looks like we are in the same boat -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

Well, I found out this week that one friend is having #2, 2 are having #3, and my brother and his wife are having their first together - my brother's first and his wife's second. The fever is real.
#FreeBen
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

My first boyfriend from high school and his wife are expecting #1.
My husband's ex (between the ex-wife and me) and her husband (of 4 months) are expecting #1.
My husband's co-worker and his wife are expecting #4.

We still have yet to even conceive one...:S
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
namaste
Talker
Talker

Unread post by namaste »

Everyone has them at once! We have a few people out for maternity leave right now at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

My brother-in-law and his woman just had a baby back in Dec (she's 5 months old now) and they're already talking about #2. They want 4-5 children. And want them semi close to each other.
Ugh, while me and my boyfriend have just ONE 3 year old with no intentions of getting pregnant soon. And even when we do/will get pregnant we will only have one more.

I seriously feel like my sister-in-law is going to have #2 and #3 before I even conceive #2.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Aaaaand one of my close friends announces a pregnancy today. Holy shit.

We're officially TTC but only until October...that will have been a full year since we "started trying" (read: tossed the BC) and if we haven't by then, hubby will be seeing someone to consult. I got the all-clear back in January...so I'm hopeful.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Hmm, I haven't had AF in 6+ weeks, but I never keep track of it so I don't even know if that's "normal" (I know, I'm bad). I only know it's been 6 weeks because the last time I had it was when I moved out here. I'm thinking of getting a pregnancy test, but the timing would be almost impossible, like I would have to have conceived like a week before AF was due because I didn't see my husband for almost three weeks after I had it last. And I have no other symptoms. But I feel like I really should test, because I have an IUD and the chance of it being ectopic or having complications is really high. But at the same time I'm convinced I can't be pregnant. Ugh. What.
hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

jodilo88 wrote:Aaaaand one of my close friends announces a pregnancy today. Holy shit.

We're officially TTC but only until October...that will have been a full year since we "started trying" (read: tossed the BC) and if we haven't by then, hubby will be seeing someone to consult. I got the all-clear back in January...so I'm hopeful.
Good luck.
Just give up on trying and you'll be pregnant in no time lol that seems to always be how it goes
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:Hmm, I haven't had AF in 6+ weeks, but I never keep track of it so I don't even know if that's "normal" (I know, I'm bad). I only know it's been 6 weeks because the last time I had it was when I moved out here. I'm thinking of getting a pregnancy test, but the timing would be almost impossible, like I would have to have conceived like a week before AF was due because I didn't see my husband for almost three weeks after I had it last. And I have no other symptoms. But I feel like I really should test, because I have an IUD and the chance of it being ectopic or having complications is really high. But at the same time I'm convinced I can't be pregnant. Ugh. What.
Cheapie test to the rescue! No really, next time I get to the dollar store, I'm going to get a handful of pregnancy tests. They are amazing for easing your mind.
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

jodilo88 wrote:Aaaaand one of my close friends announces a pregnancy today. Holy shit.

Have you read anything about soy isoflavones? No personal experience, just know oeople who've had good luck. There's mixed info out there about it, but if you're not familiar, maybe check it out?
#FreeBen
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

hjl226 wrote:Good luck.
Just give up on trying and you'll be pregnant in no time lol that seems to always be how it goes
:lol: that seems to be what I hear...we weren't really "trying" these past 7+ months but we were kind of hopeful at the same time. I'm trying not to obsess about it but seeing that my husband was TTC with his ex-wife for SIX years while they were married and then she got pregnant by someone else...(I hate throwing that story out here but it's really fucked up when you think about it) but it kind of worries me that they tried for that long - probably actively trying like we are now - and nothing happened. :?
blackbettybamf wrote:Have you read anything about soy isoflavones? No personal experience, just know oeople who've had good luck. There's mixed info out there about it, but if you're not familiar, maybe check it out?
I haven't, but I'll look into it. Does anyone here have any experience with them?
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

http://www.twoweekwait.com/early-pregna ... -me-my-bfp

This is just a blog about someone's experience but for some people it has worked like natural Clomid.
#FreeBen

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”