TTC?

mumma2one

TTC?

Unread post by mumma2one »

Hi Ladies!!

Just thought I'd ask if any of you are Trying To Conceive at all?
Obviously if you are not comfortable sharing that is totally fine :-)
My partner & I have decided to start trying... so I am very excited & nervous at the same time! Our son will be Two in May so I think its a great time to start. I know it may take several months but am very happy to make things happen.
My Periods are pretty Irregular so I know it will be a little harder but thats okay, theres no rush :-)

Baby dust to anyone else who is trying & feel free to share your stories/experiences!
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TTC?

Unread post by AutumnLane »

My daughters turning three in April & my son is nine months old. Wouldn't change it for the world I think it's the perfect age difference. So undecided about timing on our third. Think I'm going to wait about three-ish years & have two more close in age again. We have no set number on how many kids we want we are just going to kind of go with it see what happens over the years. Congrats!
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Hubby and I are trying for our first. :)
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
mumma2one

Aww how exciting for you both!!!!!!
I think 2-4 years is a good age gap :-)

I think its a good time for us because my son is starting to show he is ready to be potty trained, so I can have him toilet trained & even in a toddler bed in plenty of time, obviously am thinking ahead of myself since I'm not even Pregnant yet lol but we are just leaving it up to nature. Not taking OPK's or anything like that. Just need a top up of Rubella & start Folic Acid :-)
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

cakewalked wrote:I'm excited for you all. Jo how long have you been married?
5 months...a tad soon to be TTC but we've basically been together almost 2 1/2 years, he's not getting any younger (31 in July) and he's already been jipped of a kid before (which is a story I'm not sure I want to share on here "publicly.")
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

cakewalked wrote:
mumma2one wrote:Aww how exciting for you both!!!!!!

I think its a good time for us because my son is starting to show he is ready to be potty trained, so I can have him toilet trained & even in a toddler bed in plenty of time, obviously am thinking ahead of myself since I'm not even Pregnant yet lol but we are just leaving it up to nature. Not taking OPK's or anything like that. Just need a top up of Rubella & start Folic Acid :-)
Um what is that last sentence?? Hahah

Gotcha Jo! I just like to hear how long people wait to TTC once they're married. Some people wait a long ass time and others don't. I guess it depends on the situation :)
OPK = ovulation predictor kit/test, basically tells you when you're ovulating. Folic acid I believe can prevent neural tube defects in utero - I have to take prenatals with folic acid for my maternal hydrocephalus condition before/during/after pregnancy. Fun stuff. :P Glad there's not judgment here - my family has no idea we're trying and I don't plan on saying anything. My MIL on the other hand is pushing for one HARD - so hard that she finished her toast to us at our wedding with "now give me a grandbaby" :?
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by strawberries »

WTTC, but love seeing people talk about babies!
mumma2one

jodilo88 wrote:
cakewalked wrote:
mumma2one wrote:Aww how exciting for you both!!!!!!

Um what is that last sentence?? Hahah

Gotcha Jo! I just like to hear how long people wait to TTC once they're married. Some people wait a long ass time and others don't. I guess it depends on the situation :)
OPK = ovulation predictor kit/test, basically tells you when you're ovulating. Folic acid I believe can prevent neural tube defects in utero - I have to take prenatals with folic acid for my maternal hydrocephalus condition before/during/after pregnancy. Fun stuff. :P Glad there's not judgment here - my family has no idea we're trying and I don't plan on saying anything. My MIL on the other hand is pushing for one HARD - so hard that she finished her toast to us at our wedding with "now give me a grandbaby" :?

Thanks for clearing that up :-) lol.

I don't think there is ever a "right" time to TTC, but if you both are ready thats the main thing!! I haven't mentioned to anyone that we are TTC either, its nice keeping it to ourselves until we actually are pregnant :-)
Lol at your MIL! My "MIL"(Partner & I aren't married...yet) is always asking when are we having another, well she always says that its time for another one lol
I hope all the best to you & your hubby :-D

Cakewalked- Sorry to hear that life isn't going the way you'd like right now, I saw your posts on the Off-Topic forum. I hope everything starts looking up for you soon :-)
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

cakewalked wrote:HAHAH. Well that's one way to go about a speech..
I wish I could fast forward a few years. I hate how my life is right now.
I want the wedding and the family. I sound like a cray cray YT mom now.
You're not crazy, sweetie. I totally feel that way too (and I'm older!) If I had my way, I would maybe TTC in May/June but definitely November/December (hoping for an August or February baby!) Bummed that it won't be going that way even if Bf and I get engaged and/or married this year which isn't out of the question, but also isn't really on the table right now (that I know of!) for OCD's sake ideally I'd love an August 2015 baby because then there would be 3+ mos between all my kids bdays and August isn't close to any gift buying holidays (except my boyfriend's bday is in August) . Also, my son was born in 2005 when I was 19, my daughter was born in 2010 when I was 24, and this one would be born in 2015 when I'm 29. lol dumb but I think it would be kinda cool!

What sets us apart from the cray cray YT moms is that we know it's unwise to have a baby or get married because we wanna. It's irresponsible to have a baby in the position we're in. My bf and I could support a child and my two other children both financially and physically but he's not mentally or emotionally ready and I totally respect that. If we have an oops (religiously on the pill!!) he will be there and be supportive but I hope I never have to find that out... I want the experience of having a baby on purpose!

It's hard, Cakey, I know!!! I'm so there and I've had the itch for what feels like forever lol. It is so much better to wait. I thought I was all grown up when I was 18 and in retrospect, having a baby at 19 was WAY TOO YOUNG even though I did a good job with the hand I dealt myself.

Furthermore I feel the exact same way about getting pregnant again at 23 and being a mom of 2 at 24. It's doable and most people get through it just fine. I have just seen a super substantial growth in myself over the past 10ish years since I got pregnant with my son and I think if I had waited to start having kids, I would have done better. (Not that I didn't do fine!! You just don't see how much things can change in a few years.)
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

A baby def won't fix ya and even if it did, that means that baby was born with a job, to make you feel whole. You'll get there, lady! Hang in there <3
#FreeBen
ber614
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ber614 »

Not yet, but I am going to start this June right after I get married. We are starting so soon because we will have been together 5 years on our wedding day, and we were best friends 2 years before that, so we have been close a total of 7 years. I know a lot of people say it is better to wait a few years after you get married to have each other to yourself awhile, but I think we've had each other to ourselves long enough haha. Also we've discussed our parenting views in teeny tiny details and both of us are on the same page.

We are preparing right now though, I am taking folic acid, we are eating healthier, cutting back on caffeine, and exercising more. I still need to get my Implanon out (hopefully by next month) so my cycles can go back to normal, and I think both of us need the MMR vaccines. We need to check up on that.
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

Hubby and I have finally decided we are going to start TTC next year around the spring/early summer months (April, May, June, July). We wanted our children to be 7-8 years apart and still do but when we try we'll be trying for a boy and trying only those months really (if we decide later on we don't care about the months we'll just go at it). So with that being said, it may take a while then again it may not.

My mother for the last year has been hinting to us to maybe think about trying since with her 2nd it took 2 1/2 years to get pregnant. So she thinks it may take a while for me. Especially with the possibility of me having endometriosis and even a slight chance I have PCOS. We honestly think our daughter was a fluke.

We would like to be married first but we want a semi-big "ideally perfect" wedding so we're saving up for that whenever it occurs. (We're not engaged yet, for the same reason. He wants to get me the "perfect" ring).
If we happen to get engaged before we ttc (in the next year, or in the "off" months we won't be ttc) or actually get pregnant, we'll hold off on ttc until after the wedding.

Starting this April I'm going to start "preparing" for ttc, sounds weird. haha. I'm going to really clean up my eating (it's better than average, but could be better), take prenatal vitamins, loose a bit of weight, start stocking a few items here and there.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by old_soul_here »

briannaspeaks wrote: Starting this April I'm going to start "preparing" for ttc, sounds weird. haha. I'm going to really clean up my eating (it's better than average, but could be better), take prenatal vitamins, loose a bit of weight, start stocking a few items here and there.
Thats exactly the way to do it, we did six months of the same before trying, Been trying since May, in no real rush mr3 doesn't go to Kindy till December so ideally december would be great so if I get the god awful morning sickness I had last time Im not trying to run after him as well.
VolcomCherry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by VolcomCherry »

TTC #3 =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

In a perfect world hubby and I would totally be ttcing right now. However he's in school, I'm the sole financial provider three months out of the year ( he's an apprentice) and we are in the middle of extensive, read expensive haha, home renovations. I know it's not our time yet but I wish sometimes it were.
ber614
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ber614 »

It is so hard for me to wait to test. I am only 10 dpo and I took a test this morning, it was negative. I am going to retest on Monday or Tuesday.

How is everyone else doing? Does anyone else go crazy during the two week wait?
old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper

Im on the two week wait right now gone a little nuts took a test early cause I was so impatient regretted it since the negative answer wasn't valid anyway, another few days before I can test. What did yours come back Briguez?
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Still waiting...August I was 3-5 days late (depending on which tracker you asked :lol: ) and then my period came, but I had the BIGGEST craving for salted jumbo soft pretzels (which I hardly ever eat pretzels) and had sooo many other symptoms...yet my period came...and I was 2 days early from my tracker this month. I just want to be pregnant, damn it.
old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper

Negative here, booo, we have started trying in earnest now, so a negative test is very disappointing especially since my monthly hasn't turned up at all since getting off birth control. My monthly was never exactly regular before but we managed mr3, so now worrying we wont get pregnant with a second =/
rj90
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by rj90 »

I just want to send lots of baby dust to all ttc.

I lost twins in 2011, was told I had unexplained infertility. Went away with hubby for the night and wam bam..I'm now 11 weeks pregnant. . Never give up ladies. I know how frustrating ttc is.

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”