Natural Birth

subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Natural Birth

Unread post by subject99 »

My sons birth was an automatic c-section due to car accident but my second birth of my daughter was a VBAC that was 100% non-medical, non-medicated, no epidural birth. It was amazing. No pain at all till my water broke at 7.5cms! I literally didn't feel a thing till my water broke! I had no idea I was even in labour till I went for my weekly check up with my OB-GYN because I wasn't feeling anything. She had to tell me I was having a baby today. After my water broke I then felt active labour. Which then wasn't that bad. Water was broke at around 1sh they let baby do her thing. I basically did nothing except sit up and rock back and fourth during contractions and breathed in and out slowly to each contractions. When they say it's going to burn. Damn it's going to burn!!!! They did want my daughter to crown on her own.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

cakewalked wrote:Wow, I think you're one of the lucky ones with the pain there.
So I've been told hahaha. I was never checked throughout my pregnancy since I was doing vbac , only time I was checked was during dilation after my water broke and they let my body and daughter do everything so I didn't push much. I did push though. I did need stitches though. I tore on my own. I can't remember how many I needed though.
Youtubemommy
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Youtubemommy »

Mine was excruciating but in so glad I did it I medicated. I could stand right away, baby was alert, and I felt that instant bond.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

I don't care whether you have a medicated birth or not, just stand by your choice. Don't make excuses.

I can't stand people who say that they had to have an epi because they were induced and it makes labour more intense. I was induced twice and didn't take any pain relief. Perfectly manageable, I survived. And would do it again.

If you can't handle pain, have an epidural. If you can, don't. It's pretty simple.

The problem with epidurals lies in the fact that you can lose the urge to push and that can result in a Caesar. It can also lead to complications for the mother later on. My sister also has back problems where her epi was inserted. There's an actual lump on her spine that causes her some pain.
mumma2one

Unread post by mumma2one »

^^^
My labour started on its own but they gave me Pitocin to keep labour going & yes it was very painful, I didn't have an Epidural but I did try the gas but did not like it at all, the only thing that gave me some relief was Pethidine which I was given 5 hours before giving birth.
As most say, I don't really care what birth you choose; medicated or non medicated as long as the baby arrives safely, at the end of the day its your own choice.

One thing I know is that I can't say what birth I will have next time coz that could change when I am actually in labour, although I would like to go without an Epidural again..
vintagelover
Talker
Talker

Unread post by vintagelover »

Thankfully I have very fast labors. My son, I had no contractions. My water just broke and then the contractions came. I had him 2 hours and 15 minutes after my water broke. With my daughter, my midwife broke my water, no other interventions, and I had her in an hour and 50 minutes. Believe me, I count myself lucky. The nurses would tease me saying I should be a baby maker as easily as I have them. Sorry, we can't afford more then 2 kids. Lol
vintagelover
Talker
Talker

Unread post by vintagelover »

Haha, I just realized that I already made reply to this. Mom brain.
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

This is what I'm planning to do. Everyone says I'm crazy, lol.
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

You can do it. Just keep saying you will and stay positive. With my second I stayed home as long as I could. Got the hospital calm and happy. 8cm. The nurses were freaking out.
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

FLOSSY77 wrote:You can do it. Just keep saying you will and stay positive. With my second I stayed home as long as I could. Got the hospital calm and happy. 8cm. The nurses were freaking out.

My mom just keeps telling me to not eliminate any options.
A girl at work who's never had children told me that I wouldn't be able to do it. So my new motivation is to prove her wrong ;)

I'm also planning on laboring at home for as long as possible.
Nothing more discouraging than laboring, going to the hospital and being sent home. I don't even want to experience it.

I keep telling myself, if people like Kailyn, Snooki and Kim Kardashian can give birth, so can I.
AuntieToABabyBoy:)
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by AuntieToABabyBoy:) »

You can do it Ashleigh!! I definitely plan on doing it to when my time comes. I want to have a water birth to.
Being a auntie is the best gift in the world and when I become a mother my life would be perfect <3 :)
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

Y'all are brave! I'm sure you can! I would NEVER. Lol. I have no desire to. I probably could as I had zero pain in 18 hours of labor with my son (didn't have the epidural til 8-10 hours later) but I was already scared and didn't want pain too! The doctors pushed me to have my epi even tho I had no pain because I started dilating pretty quickly at that point and they thought I was gonna fly to 10 and it would be too late for me to get it. But I did not fly to 10, I flew to 5 and stopped dilating and had a csection.
#FreeBen
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by strawberries »

Haha, I said throughout my entire pregnancy "I want to go all natural! No meds!". My mother always told me to keep my options open as well but I was set in my mind.

Then the contractions started & I could NOT handle them whatsoever. I was the one bawling scaring all the other women in labor at the hospital lol. It was just the contractions that hurt. They tapered off my epi so I could push & I felt everything. Cue more screaming.

With all that being said, whenever I have my next I'm going to try my hardest to manage my pain & go all through it naturally. Though if I'm feeling it how I did before I will ask for my epi as needed lol.

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”