Can I conceive?

Queenie135
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Can I conceive?

Unread post by Queenie135 »

I'm a little nervous posting here, but hopefully you guys can help me! My fiance and I are TTC, but I'm worried, because of the irregularity of my period, that it will be difficult/impossible.
Basically my period only lasts 3-5 days, however.. Every six months or so it'll switch from the first week of the month to the last week of the month. I've taken fertility tests and they say I am fertile, but ovulation kits never give the same date, even when I take more than one in the same day.
Any and all advice would be great, thanks! :)
Ariasol
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Can I conceive?

Unread post by Ariasol »

You'll pobably have to take ovulation tests more frequently. Also, you can check your temp and mucus thickness to tell when you're ovulating. Good luck and have lots of sex!
Queenie135
Amateur
Amateur

Ariasol wrote:You'll pobably have to take ovulation tests more frequently. Also, you can check your temp and mucus thickness to tell when you're ovulating. Good luck and have lots of sex!
Thank you for your help! I've heard of checking mucus but not sure how to check my temp? :(
jedoc
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jedoc »

Queenie135 wrote:
Ariasol wrote:You'll pobably have to take ovulation tests more frequently. Also, you can check your temp and mucus thickness to tell when you're ovulating. Good luck and have lots of sex!
Thank you for your help! I've heard of checking mucus but not sure how to check my temp? :(
You can get a basal (sp?) Thermometor in a pharmacy and take your temp every morning before you get out od bed,good luck!babycenter has great info
Queenie135
Amateur
Amateur

jedoc321 wrote:
Queenie135 wrote:
You can get a basal (sp?) Thermometor in a pharmacy and take your temp every morning before you get out od bed,good luck!babycenter has great info
Thank you jedoc!! I'll look into it tonight!
longhairdontcare1006
Informer
Informer

Unread post by longhairdontcare1006 »

Definitely temp. If you are irregular I wouldn't even bother with OPKs. If for some reason you have PCOS, they can give you false positives. Baby Center has some articles about temping.

Have you seen your ob for a pre conception work up? If you are under 35, you TTC for a year before they investigate any issues, after 6 months if you're over 35

Good luck!! :D
Curtain06
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Curtain06 »

I have nothing of real note to add except that I have very very similar periods to what you described, very irregular and I managed to conceive actually very quickly. Luck of the draw but it can be done. Lots and lots of sex!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by old_soul_here »

I was in the same boat,now on baby number two :) just keep baby dancing
Queenie135
Amateur
Amateur

Thank you all!! Sorry for such a slow response :/ I have taken all of y'alls advice :3 Guess what I really need is patience ;)

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”