Bad news & Foster parenting

MichaelScarn
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bad news & Foster parenting

Unread post by MichaelScarn »

So first of all I'm a big lurker but don't post as much as others & am pretty new when it comes to making a topic so I hope I made this in the right place & correctly & if not I apologize!

I just kind of wanted to vent & let it all out. My husband & I have been trying for a few years now. He was also deployed in that time & went to training as well a few times so all together our trying time would probably add up to two years. He just recently went to get a semen analysis I think is the proper term for it & we thought it would be no big deal. He's super active & healthy & eats so healthy. I always suspected I was the one with the issue. But we learned (and I hope this doesn't come off as TMI) that he has slow swimmers and that some don't even move in a forward progression. They most likely don't make it very far at all in the route they have to take to get to the egg. So that made sense why we haven't gotten pregnant. The doctor did get into a discussion of what it means. Basically we could do IVF, an IUI (I think that's the name) but she said she didn't like that option for his situation, or we could keep trying. I was still hopeful about IVF but we learned our insurance would cover none of it and while it's not an impossible amount, we have more than half of it in savings, it's still a lot of money. For some reason I was still hopeful & it showed and she nicely let me down saying you can try but this is something that's very unlikely to happen naturally for the both of you. I'm heartbroken.

However we are about to move (he's in the military so we're pcs'ing) and we had decided a few months ago to be foster parents once we're there and start the process. Now we're really hopeful that we'll be able to foster to adopt. We're half heart broken half super excited to get the process going.

I guess I posted this for three reasons. One, to vent & let it out. Two, to ask if anyone has ever gotten that news and still gone on to have babies. And three, to see if anyone has been/are foster parents and has any advice, tips, information, things you wish you had known. I'd appreciate any of it! Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”