VolcomCherry
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The pill

Unread post by VolcomCherry »

Wasn't sure where to put this.
Has anyone been on the pill called Yasmin? Did they gain weight? Did you take aspirin once or twice a week incase of blood clots? Did you fall pregnant easily after it?
I haven't been on the pill for years but thinking I may have to.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: The pill

Unread post by blackbetty »

Never taken it but my friend got pregnant on it and I just saw a commercial about people who have taken Yaz and had certain side effects should contact this atty because there is a class action lawsuit in progress.
#FreeBen
hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

In the states theres always commercials about taking yaz and if you have had blood clots or other serious conditions while taking it. I would never take it after seeing the commercials

also ive been on the pill before idk what one lol but it seemed tonwork for me, I dont remember gaining any weight and I set a timer on my phone so I always remembered it
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and had zero issues with it at all. Loved it. Now on Ortho Micronor. Gained prob 5 lbs but I'm also always bloated. Ugh. It was the worst pill ever for the first 4 mos but I think I've adjusted to it now. Besides the bloating, I can deal.
#FreeBen
LizLee30

Unread post by LizLee30 »

I've been on Yaz for 4 years now and have had no problems with it at all.

I gained no weight, I didn't have any issues with period cramping before and it didn't bring on any issues with that, it regulated my periods, cleared up my complexion (I didn't have breakouts often, but it improved my general complexion), I've had no headaches (that I would attribute to the pill) or increased appetite or any of the other side effects that can be attributed to it. The class action thing doesn't bother me in the slightest because I'm not in the high risk group for blood clots. I figured I've had no issues with it thus far, so why be worried?
LizLee30

hjl226 wrote:In the states theres always commercials about taking yaz and if you have had blood clots or other serious conditions while taking it. I would never take it after seeing the commercials

also ive been on the pill before idk what one lol but it seemed tonwork for me, I dont remember gaining any weight and I set a timer on my phone so I always remembered it
I just want to say that ALL hormonal birth control pills carry a risk of blood clots. It's written into the warnings of all of them. The risk is higher in people who are overweight / obese, smoke or have had previous issues with clotting. It's not specific to Yaz, but to birth control in general. :)
VolcomCherry
Gossiper
Gossiper

I'm over weight but not obese. I've lost over 20kg since my last child and still going hence worried to go on the pill for that reason I've still got a good 10kg to lose.

Is there much difference between yaz and Yasmin besides the amount of pills in a pack?

I was hoping to take baby aspirin ( which is low dosage aspirin) 1-2 times a week?

I've never had issues with clotting in the past nor do I smoke.
LizLee30

VolcomCherry wrote:I'm over weight but not obese. I've lost over 20kg since my last child and still going hence worried to go on the pill for that reason I've still got a good 10kg to lose.

Is there much difference between yaz and Yasmin besides the amount of pills in a pack?

I was hoping to take baby aspirin ( which is low dosage aspirin) 1-2 times a week?

I've never had issues with clotting in the past nor do I smoke.
I have no idea about Yasmin, I wasn't aware that they were the same brand (are they?) Yaz has 4 placebo / sugar pills per pack which is the least amount of all the pills my doctor considered prescribing me. Essentially, it means that it has more active pills in a pack than most brands, so that might effect your reason for choosing it (I was told that it's often prescribed specifically for acne because it minimises the period of time in which hormonal breakouts could occur).

I also don't know anything about baby aspirin, sorry.
VolcomCherry
Gossiper
Gossiper

That's ok =)
Yes they're the same brand. Apparently they're sisters?
I'm going to the drs tomorrow night so I'll see what he suggests.
I'm not needing the pill for acne ( I've Ben pretty lucky with my skin) it's more for how heavy my periods are.

After I had kids my period were fine. Extremely regular. My flow was average etc. well it's been three years and I guess my body thought oh let's stir the pot a bit.
Technically my period has been extremely heavy for the last 18 odd months? But really becoming troublesome the past 4ish months. I'm low iron as it is so I can't really afford to keep losing.
hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

LizLee30 wrote:
hjl226 wrote:In the states theres always commercials about taking yaz and if you have had blood clots or other serious conditions while taking it. I would never take it after seeing the commercials

I just want to say that ALL hormonal birth control pills carry a risk of blood clots. It's written into the warnings of all of them. The risk is higher in people who are overweight / obese, smoke or have had previous issues with clotting. It's not specific to Yaz, but to birth control in general. :)
I know that I was just saying I personally wouldn't take it because they have so many lawsuits
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm pretty sure it isn't JUST blood clots, as that is stated as a possible side effect of any hormonal birth control. I will pay attention next time. I never paid attention to what they said because I don't and have never taken it.
#FreeBen
hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

blackbettybamf wrote:I'm pretty sure it isn't JUST blood clots, as that is stated as a possible side effect of any hormonal birth control. I will pay attention next time. I never paid attention to what they said because I don't and have never taken it.
Yea there was a list of like 5-7 different things but all I could remember was blood clots. Watch our luck the commercials wont come on now
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Also I wouldn't take aspirin or baby aspirin to prevent blood clots caused by birth control unless recommended to by your doctor.
#FreeBen
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

It's highly subjective, I think. I heard that for Yasmine/Yasminelle etc. those from the same brand, the side effects that seemed heavier were mood swings and headaches.
I heard this from more than one girl, but it really depends on the person (and the dosage you need). Mostly you have to try it, to know it for sure. You can try to learn as much as you can, but at the end of the day, you know how your body reacts to it when you try it. :D
up all night, got demons to fight
Shameless
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Shameless »

I have been on Yasmin for a while, since I was around 15 maybe and I am almost 20 now.

A year ago I switched to Isabelle which is the exact same thing, just a generic (cheaper) version.

I don't think it ever made me gain any weight or breast size. Not sure if it made me moody or not, can't remember. I don't think it's ever given me any problems.

I can't vouch for it's effectiveness as a contraceptive as I've never had sex. I was originally prescribed birth control by my doctor as I had extremely heavy periods to the point where I could sit on a stack of towels and bleed through them within 10 minutes and it has definitely helped with that issue, I have normal periods now.
AndrewLRose
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by AndrewLRose »

VolcomCherry wrote:aspiri
I have not used this but as I know, Yasmin is used as contraception to prevent pregnancy. So I think if you take it, it's not easy to fall pregnant.
-----------------------------
http://alphafuelxtsupplement.com/

Return to “Health”