Breast reduction ?

marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Breast reduction ?

Unread post by marshmellow »

So I am considering getting a breast reduction done or a breast lift? I dont know how different they are.

I had the perkiest boobs as a teenager, especially since I was a gym freak. Now I am a fitness freak too but my breast are not "saggy" but definitely not looking up north :D Also I'm one of those very few girls who hate big boobs. Thanks to breastfeeding 2 kids.

Now which is the suitable procedure I should opt for. We also want 1 more and would to bf him/her.

I have never done any cosmetic surgeries. Any guidance ?
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Breast reduction ?

Unread post by blackbetty »

I have the same question though I want to wait til I lose some weight and am done having kids.
#FreeBen
marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm glad I posted this under the right forum. Never came to YTMD other than to bitch !! :D
kikiagogo
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by kikiagogo »

I know this is old, but I considered a reduction back when I was around 18 or 19. I was still on my dad's insurance at the time and just scheduled an appointment with the best locally recommended plastic surgeon. He measured my upper body every which way, had some sort of special bra to weigh them, then told me what he thought. He told me that
#1, I have broad shoulders. My body is literally built to carry a larger chest.
#2, in order for insurance to pay for it, he'd have to take at least 5lbs from both sides. That would've left me with a B cup. Based on my body frame, I just wouldn't have been happy so small.

His advice was to "come back in 10 or 15 years when you want a lift." It was either that or private pay for a less drastic reduction. After I've thought about it, it's not my size that bothers me, I just want them to be better at carrying their own weight, so to speak.

If you can, I recommend just going for a consultation. Any good surgeon will be honest with you rather than just taking your money and running.
kikiagogo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kikiagogo »

Also, I'm a certified lactation consultant. If you think you want more kids and you want to breastfeed them, I strongly suggest either waiting until afterwards or just going for the lift. A reduction usually only affects skin and some muscle tightening. A reduction removes actual tissue. It's possible, but I have yet to meet a woman who could produce a full supply after a reduction.
marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yeah probably I have titled it wrong though :D I need a lift !!
placebo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by placebo »

I had a breast reduction done some years ago, have not regretted it a single day. I live in Finland so how the system works may differ, but the procedures are the same.

I first saw a doctor who then sent me to another doctor who examined my eligibility. They measured jugulum nipple distance, weight, height, looked at medical history (back / shoulder pains etc.) I passed. Then I was on waiting list and had to have mammography done prior to surgery. Also had to limit omega fatties prior to surgery and inject Klexane.

In the hospital the morning of surgery, more Klexane. The surgeon drew lines and shapes and then I went to sleep :D She surgery itself was done by cutting vertically from areolas down and "crinching". Areolas were also cut and moved higher. I think I had 400-600g removed from each breast. So I also got a lift, which is part of that specific way to cut.

At first my breasts reminded me of something from horror movies, but the pains were very minimal and they healed fast. To this day, you can't really tell my areolas were removed unless you look super closely. The vertical scarring below is bit more visible, but nothing major. I had a fixing surgery done after wards which was 10min nip and tuck in local anesthesia.

Photobucket has since removed many of those pictures (violating the rules, which is bs), but I still have some left if someone is curious to see.
marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Thanks for the input :)

After two kids, breastfeeding, and the third on the way :D not really worried about inner appearance but just about the outer shape and lift !! But I should put this on hold for atleast a couple of years since im pregnant now !!
AstrowPuall

Unread post by AstrowPuall »

Breast Reduction as Interesting Questions But Its Possible Fact I Have Had Enough Treatments http://goo.gl/tziJ8p

Unread post by samnthayoung »

Plastic surgery is defined as a surgical specialty dedicated to reconstruction of facial and body defects due to birth disorders, trauma, burns, and disease. Plastic surgery is intended to correct dysfunctional areas of the body and is reconstructive in nature.

Return to “Health”