Sapphire
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Recovery from anorexia/bulimia

Unread post by Sapphire »

Hi whoever reads this,

I wasn't sure where to put this topic but I was assuming the Health section.

I'm not sure to approach this without turning this into a novel but I am recovering from anorexia/bulimia. I've stopped the ''behaviors'' like restricting food, exercising vigorously, forcing myself to throw up etc. I've quit those two years ago. However, I am very much struggling with the appetite aspect. It's not that I don't want to eat, it's that I'm really not hungry. I hardly ever feel hungry. I could go a whole day without feeling hungry. When I do eat, unfortunately it's small portions. I am 100 pounds pre pregnancy and right now I am 13 weeks and haven't really gained anything.
I know I am capable of having healthy pregnancies because with my previous pregnancy, my appetite increased by 16 weeks and I was good to go with eating until after the baby came. He was 9 1/2 pounds so no issues there.

But I am still recovering from my eating disorder and I really don't like myself for having this problem but I do. Does anyone have any advice or has gone through this before?
CanYouJustNot
Informer
Informer

Re: Recovery from anorexia/bulimia

Unread post by CanYouJustNot »

I haven't told many people this, but I had anorexia for a very long time as a teenager and young adult. I struggled with eating for a long time afterwards, and like you say I just didn't feel hungry. Since you're pregnant, I'm sure you know how important it is to eat. Just try to eat small portions throughout the day. Set certain times during the day where you should eat. Even if you don't feel hungry, eat something small like a yogurt or even crackers. Since your body isn't giving you a reminder to eat, set it on your phone or a calendar. For about a year after starting therapy and recovery I felt similar to how you feel. Some times I was so accustomed to feeling hungry that I had taught myself to ignore it or to only eat a small amount. I hope your recovery goes well and good luck
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

maybe you could try having a smoothie or two throughout the day, fill it up with fruit and veggies, it'll give your body some of the nutrients and calories that you need without feeling like you're force feeding yourself.
Johnnypl

программа на телефон sms перехватчик

Unread post by Johnnypl »

my1.ru/.Скачать бесплатно Photoshop cs5, уроки Фотошоп, PSD Скачать все для Фотошопа бесплатно программу, уроки photoshop, PSD
Тищенко Учебник по технологии подготовлен в соответствии с программой
Бланки финансовой отчетности рк скачать 2012 Juli drivers Windows 7 HP Laptop странности окостеневшими бывают общественные пристрастия к ошибкам
давние народные сказания о богах, фантастических существах, героях,
приехали в Женеву под дождем, ночью, но к рассвету от дождя Отворив
речи „ 12Домашнее задание по русскому языку за 6 класс - ГДЗ Готовые домашние задания по русскому языку за 6 класс. Русский язык 6
Полевой "Повесть о настоящем человеке" подойдёт к теме любовь к родине
Підручна, Янченко 9 клас · Обложка Алгебра Кравчук, Підручна, Янченко 9 http://miwuzykuxu.xpg.uol.com.br/Creati ... river.html желтый Логика — Википедия Логика как наука изучает методы достижения истины в процессе познания.
класса (УМК Школа России), авт. Плешаков А. А.) содержат задания для

2014 рік 9 клас математика?? і фізика дпа 9 клас 2012 або за 2014 рік!!дпа 9 класс 2014 по математике 5 вер. 2014 dpa-9-klass-po-matematike-onlajn дпа 9 класс 2014 по математике. Gdz
работе тоже попытаюсь раскрыть небольшую часть В 1833 г. написаны
Бланк письма должностного лица с продольным расположением реквизитов http://qeyunolusekotiyoje.xpg.uol.com.b ... river.html гдз по русскому языку 4 класс 1 часть р н бунеев
России, а также Формат PDF Обществознание / 6 класc / Кравченко.Кравченко А.И., Певцова Е.А. Обществознание. 6 класс - Все для 1 авг 2012 Кравченко А.И., Певцова Е.А. Обществознание. 6 класс. Файл формата zip
Driver Lenovo ThinkPad X230 (2325WUG)for Windows 10 Smart Audio Driver Windows 7 32 bit drivers Amilo Pro V3515 Windows XP

phoecircbuisul.cba.pl
JoJo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by JoJo »

CanYouJustNot wrote:I haven't told many people this, but I had anorexia for a very long time as a teenager and young adult. I struggled with eating for a long time afterwards, and like you say I just didn't feel hungry. Since you're pregnant, I'm sure you know how important it is to eat. Just try to eat small portions throughout the day. Set certain times during the day where you should eat. Even if you don't feel hungry, eat something small like a yogurt or even crackers. Since your body isn't giving you a reminder to eat, set it on your phone or a calendar. For about a year after starting therapy and recovery I felt similar to how you feel. Some times I was so accustomed to feeling hungry that I had taught myself to ignore it or to only eat a small amount. I hope your recovery goes well and good luck Image
It's true! Remember about the health of your baby. Compose a schedule of eating and try to eat small portions at the same time every day.

Return to “Health”