Love Meg / Hickman Vlogs

lucinda646
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Love Meg / Hickman Vlogs

Unread post by lucinda646 »

Is there a forum on this family yet? I looked all over and search finds nothing. Anyway, they just recently stopped vlogging daily but she still has her personal channel. She is sweet and her kids are adorable! I wish they would keep daily vlogging but they stopped for security concerns. Anyone else watch her?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Love Meg / Hickman Vlogs

Unread post by chs6213 »

I've watched a few videos. She does seem sweet. I don't get the whole quitting vlogging for security. It sounded a bit dramatic with the talk about haters, the threat coming from "the inside" (aka family) and maybe they'll start again if the move?

I don't get what a family member could be doing... threatening to publicize their address...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I liked her vlogs...but the whole dramatics surrounding stopping the vlogs is kinda weird...not long after that announcement she did a video about how she was being stalked at target, to which her husband replies she's just too pretty to go out alone, and not long after that they showed a house they want to rent and repeated over and over that they want to live in that neighbourhood. If the threat is family they'll surely know the neighbourhood, they can't move too far from Justin's work, and renting the home won't stop people from finding the address, especially someone local.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

I liked her until I saw the "moving" title. I just got disappointed, like...another YouTuber making shit tons of money and humble goes out the window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

She's not that big a YouTuber, so I'm sure she's making some money but I doubt enough to purchase the home they want, which is likely a large part of why they want to rent. Also Justin got a promotion recently so I'm sure that bump in income is the difference.

I never really saw her as humble either, it's definitely the image she wanted to portray but when you are constantly redecorating and buying new cars I don't think you're that humble. Not that there's anything wrong with doing those things if you can't afford it but it didn't really fit the image she seems to try to put out there.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Ah see I don't watch her regularly. I thought she was humble and didn't know about the cars and all that

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

"She's just too pretty to go out alone." Really? My eyes rolled hard at that.

Loverach06
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Loverach06 »

I get the vibe that Justin's family is super religious & doesn't quite approve of Megan. She had talked about not wearing only skirts like the women in his family.

She has definitely changed in the last six months to a year. Not as humble as she was in the beginning of either channel.

I've been watching them for awhile & waiting for a discussion to start!
lucinda646
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lucinda646 »

I had a stalker from within my extended family and they found my address knowing private information from my credit report.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
velvetfreak
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by velvetfreak »

I only just discovered them about a week ago, but I've been binge watching because I've had time off from work.

I think they have just reached that point in their Youtube "career" where people start getting too big for their britches. It's kind of like winning the lottery in a way that it falsely inflates your lifestyle.

If not for Youtube, Megan would not be "working" and they would not have all this extra money coming in.

I think it's really sad that they are going to move from their acreage into a 'bigger and better' place. If they had any sense, they would pretend like the Youtube money doesn't exist, and save it, pay off the mortgage, build extensions on the house, retire early, etc. Instead, they are pulling an Ellie and Jared.

I'm not sure what the extent of the family stalker situation, but I don't quite understand how moving to a rental will help? Sure, the address will no longer be listed publicly, but it's easy to figure out where someone lives, especially if you know the area. Maybe install security measures in the house they already have? Build a nice big fence around the house? etc. that would actually help.

Also how does stopping vlogs help either? Just don't film out and about, and don't upload in a way that makes work schedules easy to figure out. :?
Karissa7
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Karissa7 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:She's not that big a YouTuber, so I'm sure she's making some money but I doubt enough to purchase the home they want, which is likely a large part of why they want to rent. Also Justin got a promotion recently so I'm sure that bump in income is the difference.
I was randomly watching one of her videos this morning that showed up in my recommends. It was about her past jobs and a person commented just the other day something along the lines of it being important for sahm's to have schooling/a job to fall back on in case something ever happened to the spouse. She replied disagreeing and said that "luckily" she makes more than her husband does now. Say, what? Number 1, she sounded really bitchy about it and number 2, I am constantly floored by the amount of money these ordinary people can make by simply turning on a camera and filming themselves or talking about some stupid product. It's baffling. (Even though I know it's like sooooo much hard work, guyss.) So, she is certainly moving up in the YouTube world. I found it telling that she only worked a few jobs in high school, got married at 18 and never worked a real job since. She must have been really bored those first years of marriage and why not work a little to help ease the financial burden? Odd.

I am surprised to hear so many say she is sweet. I do not get that vibe from her at all. I definitely get a I'm better than you or at least WANT to be better than you vibe from her. In a q&a she did talking about "fans" she just sounded really bitchy and I'm surprised people like her so much.
Loverach06
Gossiper
Gossiper

She's jumped on the teami tea bandwagon. Have to pay for the move & new house somehow..
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Loverach06 wrote:She's jumped on the teami tea bandwagon. Have to pay for the move & new house somehow..
Ugh. I fucking hate ANYONE pumping that shit.

Loverach06
Gossiper
Gossiper

smom12 wrote:
Loverach06 wrote:She's jumped on the teami tea bandwagon. Have to pay for the move & new house somehow..
Ugh. I fucking hate ANYONE pumping that shit.

Also notice that she doesn't disclose that it's a sponsored post. Has anyone watched the new video?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Loverach06
Gossiper
Gossiper

tyra_nermal wrote:About like all her other sponsored videos...she doesn't use the stuff!! About like that big canvas picture. That stayed over the kitchen table not even 2 weeks. She said she had been drinking that tea the 2 weeks her hubby was away.... I doubt it.
Yeah, I don't believe that. It seems like if she did she would've talked about it in her "OMG my husband was gone for TWO WEEKS" video.
future_wifey
Talker
Talker

Unread post by future_wifey »

The kids are cute and all but they're way too traditional and southern for my tastes. She has no life outside of her kids. I saw that she posted a bikini pic on Instagram and of course all the good Christian women that follow her attacked her bc that's not modest and she replied that it's up to Justin whether or not she can wear it in public and her gave her permission to wear it so she's fine. That bothers me on so many levels.

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

future_wifey wrote:The kids are cute and all but they're way too traditional and southern for my tastes. She has no life outside of her kids. I saw that she posted a bikini pic on Instagram and of course all the good Christian women that follow her attacked her bc that's not modest and she replied that it's up to Justin whether or not she can wear it in public and her gave her permission to wear it so she's fine. That bothers me on so many levels.

HE. GAVE. HER. PERMISSION??????????

How about I get permission to stick my foot up his ass. UGH.

Loverach06
Gossiper
Gossiper

future_wifey wrote:The kids are cute and all but they're way too traditional and southern for my tastes. She has no life outside of her kids. I saw that she posted a bikini pic on Instagram and of course all the good Christian women that follow her attacked her bc that's not modest and she replied that it's up to Justin whether or not she can wear it in public and her gave her permission to wear it so she's fine. That bothers me on so many levels.

I think she likes to both stir up shit & be praised about how beautiful she is, what a great mom she is, what a great husband she has.
Loverach06
Gossiper
Gossiper

tyra_nermal wrote:Yes, good grief that damn bikini pic on Instagram. She beat that like a dead horse didn't she? Lol she went on and on about it, kept posting "my husband will be commenting on that when he gets home" then he had to give his two cents as to her outfit being ok and that he approved...then she had to post us all a selfie of her in the bikini from the front angle. Most normal people would just move on from the comment. It wasn't even a hate comment, not even close. Side note, does anyone find her and her husbands relationship very teeny-bopperish? The running and jumping into his arms in the we been keeping a secrete video was just so gahhhhhh

Did you watch the relationship q&a? It was basically a "we have the perfect relationship" video. Sorry, but I'm not going to take relationship advice from two people who aren't going to be real about struggles.
Karissa7
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Karissa7 »

S

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”