Myka Stauffer: Adopt a kid, buy a dog (part 2)

angelhollow
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Myka Stauffer: Adopt a kid, buy a dog (part 2)

Unread post by angelhollow »

Her acting as a Mom and Teacher is the fakest thing I've ever seen. Even her acting is terrible.
sassypants6
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sassypants6 »

Her homeschooling videos are so concerning. Forcing Jaka like that at her age and bringing her to tears over reading is not ok. Kids Jaka’s Age learn best through play, not worksheet instruction. The passage she read to them had nothing to do with bullying, it had to do with using your creative minds and she had to make this an after school special for YouTube. I hope people wanting to homeschool do not look up to her as their model because she is crazy. I homeschool and I would never force a child Jaka’s age to sit down and do instruction like that unless they genuinely begged to. And Kova is kinder. Where are her opportunities to build social skills? No sports, no clubs, no groups, just a bunch of time locked in a playroom with her siblings.
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

I completely agree with the above post,one of the best parts of homeschool is learning at the pace you/your kids want to and not whats forced onto you/your kid . At mainstream schools theres no time to learn at your own pace you are just forced to do it at the pace of the class. School= memorizing but she has the opportunity to make sure her kids really grasp each concept. She's forcing it on Jaka cause myka wants her to be some genius child. Send your kids to art classes, stem classes etc. Expand their knowledge to a level greater than what they'd be restricted to at mainstream schools.
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

GossipLadyy wrote:And she took her kids with pink eye to the playground and Target...
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201804 ... cb1bbb.jpg[/img]
That reply tho... Yikes! Much English, very good person for teaching of the children, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
uklaydee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by uklaydee »

The homeschooling is really troubling. I always thought that the point of it was to free the kids from the regiment of school, yet she gives her kids homework that Kova is doing before bed. Crazy.

In a live chat with them over a year ago I asked them about the social side of homeschooling and Jim answered the question but he seemed pissed about it and pretty defensive. I think he knows that the kids need more than Myka can give.

Also, the way she acts like an actual teacher and then goes off on a big spiel about bullying with no real plan or point is proof that she is basically playing pretend at being a teacher. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic for those kids.

I wish I hadn't watched that video. Lately I thought she had calmed a bit. In the daily vlogs she seemed a lot more relaxed and happier. But that DITL just proved that the crazy lives on and the daily vlogs are heavily edited to make her seem sane.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

uklaydee wrote:The homeschooling is really troubling. I always thought that the point of it was to free the kids from the regiment of school, yet she gives her kids homework that Kova is doing before bed. Crazy.
EXACTLY my point! I couldn't agree more! I think one of the perks of the homeschooling would be that the time is spent more efficiently since the teacher can focus on one child and not full classroom of children and teacher in home school would know the strengths and weaknesses of the child and modify the teaching methods accordingly. There shouldn't be ''homework'' but the learning tasks would be done during the home schooling.

Home work is basically existing because teacher has only limited time to explain the basics of the subject and show couple of examples during the lesson, then children are supposed to do homework to drill those principles into their heads.
In home school setting ''home work'' makes absolutely no sense, unless it is a bigger project the child is working on and when the child is supposed to gather information for a longer time-period.
angelhollow
Amateur
Amateur

Here's my psychic prediction for the future: Myka and Jim will split. Myka will continue to live with the girls and "homeschool" them, and Jim will live with the boys.
PineappleMermaid
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by PineappleMermaid »

I’ve just found Myka recently and it was cool to think she was from Ohio as am I, but man she’s so annoying lately. Her new juice detox video makes me so frustrated. 20 freaking days? Bitch that’s not healthy! She claims to have been a nurse before she should know detoxes in general are bullshit. Doing it for the views really probably eating cheeseburgers in real life. Also it seems like I every video she gets more and more nasally when she talks.

Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

In her insta stories she talks about how a live and great she feels while doing this juice cleanse. Then the next story was in the same outfit in the same car she says "I don't know how long I can do this because I am starving!"
She is such a spazz!!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Bored2018
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bored2018 »

Wasn’t Myka a nurse?!? She should know you do NOT put ice on a burn. It can cause tissue damage!! Wow.
sassypants6
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sassypants6 »

I’m all about having kids help me in the kitchen....but if you’re going to have your kids by the stove with you fucking watch them like a hawk. Put the damn camera down and be with them. I guarantee he was blogging Radley helping him cook or some stupid shit and instead of having his hands free to help keep his kid safe he was holding the camera trying to take footage to make their life look all fake and perfect
meme_monday
Talker
Talker

Unread post by meme_monday »

PineappleMermaid wrote:I’ve just found Myka recently and it was cool to think she was from Ohio as am I, but man she’s so annoying lately. Her new juice detox video makes me so frustrated. 20 freaking days? Bitch that’s not healthy! She claims to have been a nurse before she should know detoxes in general are bullshit. Doing it for the views really probably eating cheeseburgers in real life. Also it seems like I every video she gets more and more nasally when she talks.

Not sure how she plans to continue this juice cleanse on their road trip to Chicago?!

meme_monday
Talker
Talker

Unread post by meme_monday »

I just watched the video of his burn. I cant believe they didn’t take him to a dr! All the comments of “she’s a nurse I think she knows what she’s doing” wth?! He still needs some help!

savedramaformama
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by savedramaformama »

meme_monday wrote:
PineappleMermaid wrote:I’ve just found Myka recently and it was cool to think she was from Ohio as am I, but man she’s so annoying lately. Her new juice detox video makes me so frustrated. 20 freaking days? Bitch that’s not healthy! She claims to have been a nurse before she should know detoxes in general are bullshit. Doing it for the views really probably eating cheeseburgers in real life. Also it seems like I every video she gets more and more nasally when she talks.

Not sure how she plans to continue this juice cleanse on their road trip to Chicago?!

She said she quit after 5 days

angelhollow
Amateur
Amateur

meme_monday wrote:I just watched the video of his burn. I cant believe they didn’t take him to a dr! All the comments of “she’s a nurse I think she knows what she’s doing” wth?! He still needs some help!

Their negligence makes me so angry. They can't take Radley to the dr for a really bad burn, and yet Myka can take 4 and a half hours the next day to get an 'allergy test'.
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

I don't actually have a problem with them not taking Radley to the docs. If it was me, I would have but then I'm not a nurse. I trust that Myka knows exactly what she was doing and it was better to have him at home than waiting for hours at the emergency department. I would have followed up with a gp appt the next day though just to be sure all was ok.
I'm disappointed they made the burn seem so much worse than it was in the thumbnail. He burnt his finger tips and pads on his palm yet they made the thumbnail looks like he was really badly burnt up to his wrist. And I'm quite disgusted that they vlogged a lot of his pain. I get that Myka had it covered but wouldn't it be better for James to be there supporting Radley with extra comfort than to have a camera in his face.
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

If im remembering correctly myka was an oncology (cancer nurse) on the paediatrics unit. She quit because it was really rough and emotional which I have to admit is understandable , the amount of suffering kids go through and the sheer amount that die is just awful. She would have obviously still had basic care when it comes to the nursing and kids do get burns from chemo but I know i'd still go to the doctor if it was as bad as they said just to make sure its all good and get a decent prescription.
charliema16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by charliema16 »

Bekkaz wrote: I trust that Myka knows exactly what she was doing and it was better to have him at home than waiting for hours at the emergency department.
She was a a nurse for a brief period many years ago. Her first aid was incorrect - burns should have cool running water applied for at least twenty minutes. Instead she stuck his hand in a bowl of water then put ice packs on the burn, which can cause tissue damage.
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

For all those talking about her nursing “career” - I believe someone here said they found her registration/license (I’m Australian, so not sure what the equivalent is there), and she was only a nurse’s aide, and only for a very short time. Even with basic first aid, anyone should know not to put ice on a burn though - it amazes me how this woman ever functioned alone

LynnGLOVE8989
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by LynnGLOVE8989 »

Her voice sounds so different at the beginning of her new cleaning video (haven't watched the whole thing yet so I don't know if it stays like that throughout the whole thing).. like you can almost hear her "normal" personality, not the fake "sweet, cheerful" one she usually uses... I haven't watched many of her videos lately so maybe she is sick and that's why it sounds different? Or did she let her guard down?

I had to watch the Ditl tho because you all were talking about her homeschooling and OMg I feel so bad for those kids!! homeschooling for kinder is supposed to take About an hour of hands on learning a day - not stuck at a desk. If that is how she is "home schooling" them, she should just send them to school where they would get to socialize. I'm not anti homeschool. I was homeschooled and want to homeschool my kids. She should watch J House for inspiration.

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”