2 in a Zoo

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

2 in a Zoo

Unread post by Caisflame »

Couldn't find a thread on them so forgive me if one already exists. Does anyone watch them?
Dad Mike and Mom Melanie have 3 little boys & one daughter, Cadence, who they adopted from India in November 2017.
Mike and Melanie are the last people I would expect to be husband and wife. Mike is too much for me, he's like a cartoon character, and comes off as fake at times. Where Melanie is super bland and never shows emotion or expression.
They were truly blessed with Cadence. She is such a sweet, happy child. Seeing her go from speaking no English to having a pretty full English vocab has been impressive.
Thoughts?
https://www.youtube.com/user/michaeljchandler
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: 2 in a Zoo

Unread post by Caisflame »

The constant religion and god talk is a bit more than I care to hear. I respect beliefs but these people could crap out a turd and say it was god blessing their toilet.
I love that they adopted from India because it's currently the country with the most orphans. I hope Cadie can stay connected to her culture, considering she's in a very Christian, conservative, white family. I think Mike will be the one to try to preserve that the most because he does have a ton of love for her. I have no doubt he sees her as his daughter the same way he sees the boys as his sons, and it was like that instantly. Melanie seems very detached from everything. Even at amusement parks her face and voice never changes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
tortilla24
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by tortilla24 »

THANK YOU for starting this! It's inspired me to register!

Very happy for Cadence as she seems like a sweetheart. I can tell Mike is beaming with love and pride for her. Melanie on the other hand seems like she's in a bad mood more often than not. I don't get why you'd want to put your life out there on youtube if you're not genuinely excited about it. And yeah the two of them seem on such different wavelengths.

So glad the gotcha day reaction videos are over - such boring content! Also all the gimmicky stuff they're adding just seems so unnecessary like hiding little animals in the video, questions of the day, calling viewers "Zoo Family" and having three account for different "content." I would like them to dial down on the religion a bit but it doesn't seem to be deterring their huge Indian viewership so what do I know.
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

This family warms my cold dead heart lol.

The girl seems so happy and they love her to pieces. Her quality of life will be amazing and she clearly has so much love around her.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

I find the family dynamic between the parents odd also. The mom seems so apathetic and the dad is hyper. They don't even seem to like each other specifically. The kids are cute. The constant god talk made me not watch them anymore. I think anyone believes what they want but it was just way too much for my liking (I'm an atheist but I watch lot of vloggers who are religious without problems). The way they started to indoctrinate her right from the very beginning seemed so wrong to me. I guess it's their child but I just felt pity for her. They seem bit extreme with their beliefs to be honest.
Bobbityfo1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bobbityfo1 »

I've only watched a couple of their videos and something about the parents weirds me out. Cadence is amazing, I almost feel bad she didn't get put with a smarter family instead of Christian homeschoolers who don't seem on her level but she seems happy and that's the main thing. Doesn't it make you want to adopt when you see such a smooth transition like that?
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FlowersTar 68 »

Anyone else still watch these? I do off and on. She's just found out that she is pregnant, due in December and it's twins
They have done a registry on amazon already, and already they have had gifts from subs. I found it very me me me of them to expect gifts from subscribers
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

FlowersTar 68 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:17 pm Anyone else still watch these? I do off and on. She's just found out that she is pregnant, due in December and it's twins
They have done a registry on amazon already, and already they have had gifts from subs. I found it very me me me of them to expect gifts from subscribers
I just checked them after a long break. I'm happy that they decided to put the kids to the ''real'' school. The mom realized that she was too much of a teacher and it didn't give her enough space to be just mom. She seems pretty strict so I think it was a good decision overall.
I'm torn between thinking that it is good that Cadence got a loving home but at the same time I'm so sorry for her that they are so into that Jesus thing. Everything revolves around Jesus and spirituality. The amount of indoctrination is mind-boggling.
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

This family creeps me out, the father in particular. He's a pregnancy expert now.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

FlowersTar 68 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:55 pm This family creeps me out, the father in particular. He's a pregnancy expert now.
I listened to a podcast in which he was a guest. He had really soft and silent voice and sounded like he tried to sound ''soothing''. It somehow creeped me out a bit. I don't know if that is his ''professional'' preacher voice or does he typically speak that way (not in the vlogs though), but it was interesting indeed.
wildwild94
Talker
Talker

Unread post by wildwild94 »

I’m still not sure how I feel about the dad. They seem like a nice family. I can’t tell if the dad is just a really nice guy and father or something creepier, but then I feel bad for thinking that about what seems to be a good person. Glad I’m not alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
katdee18

Unread post by katdee18 »

I love them but the lack of car seat safety knowledge really worries me! To say he is all about god and stuff one video Logan was not even in a seat belt right laying across the seat and only in a booster! I love the family though just hope they realise how dangerous they're kids carseat arrangements are and the fact they never say "put the seatbelt on right _____" also annoys me
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Sad, they've lost one of the twins. The video will premiere later today
wildwild94
Talker
Talker

Wow I was shocked to see that video from them... I can only imagine how they’re feeling. I’m so sorry for their loss.

Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

I'm sorry for their loss!

This is the reason why people typically don't bring kids to the appointments. If something is really badly wrong, they have time to pick themselves up and not show the first emotional reaction to children.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't have brought kids because I think that showing emotions are healthy, but that strong emotions from parents might be overwhelming and scary for kids to handle.

Mother seemed to be totally ''emotionless'' on their video, staring into blank, but I think she is just so shocked that she is numb, which is totally understandable.

I hope everything continues to be fine with the other baby.
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

And this is exactly the reason why I've been uncomfortable with the way they've handled this pregnancy. Everything has seemed to be too early, the gender reveals, naming them, not that there is anything wrong with that, I know twins are usually delivered early. Plus the Amazon registry, they've had loads of stuff sent to them and the nursery is ready I think.
He has, in my mind even hinted about the medical bills... as if he's asking for help with them.
wildwild94
Talker
Talker

Kataja wrote:I'm sorry for their loss!

This is the reason why people typically don't bring kids to the appointments. If something is really badly wrong, they have time to pick themselves up and not show the first emotional reaction to children.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't have brought kids because I think that showing emotions are healthy, but that strong emotions from parents might be overwhelming and scary for kids to handle.

Mother seemed to be totally ''emotionless'' on their video, staring into blank, but I think she is just so shocked that she is numb, which is totally understandable.

I hope everything continues to be fine with the other baby.
I can’t even begin to imagine how I would process something like that. I respect them for not putting the kids grief on the internet and for stating that each person grieves in their own way, in their own time, and not to judge yourself or others for that process whatever it is.

I tend to shut down and become numb when I get awful news as well. That’s what Melanie looked like in the video, and I just feel so awful for her.

And, I think it’s also because like they said the process isn’t over as they were 20 weeks along and there’s another baby in there. So maybe she needs everything to be “over” with to start processing, who knows. All I’m saying is I get it, absolutely no judgement from me here.

Just lots of sympathy and respect.

wildwild94
Talker
Talker

FlowersTar 68 wrote:And this is exactly the reason why I've been uncomfortable with the way they've handled this pregnancy. Everything has seemed to be too early, the gender reveals, naming them, not that there is anything wrong with that, I know twins are usually delivered early. Plus the Amazon registry, they've had loads of stuff sent to them and the nursery is ready I think.
He has, in my mind even hinted about the medical bills... as if he's asking for help with them.

I accidentally thanked this, whoops!

I see what you’re saying though, part of me thinks it’s also their religion as I know many families of similar faith that are open as well from the start, so if anything happens they can be open and not have to start explaining from square one.

Not everyone’s personal choice, or my own even, though I can sort of understand where they’re at if that makes sense.

The medical stuff was an interesting choice to share, and I’m not comfortable with that personally.

dearude1231

Unread post by dearude1231 »

Just found this thread

I think Mike is a genuinely nice guy. The kids are great as well. Melanie is probably just uncomfortable with the camera therefore she appears emotionless.

It's so sad they lost their baby.

About their religion, I think it's a nice change to see a family that actually is religious. Christianity is a big part of their livelihood so I understand why they mention it so much.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

alexmorgan
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alexmorgan »

I feel so bad for them, what a terrible loss.
I hope they watch out for Cadie. Its not even been 2 years since they brought her home. She has been through alot and a pregnancy itself is already a big change and now this ... :-(

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”