Nesting Story

Notablogger
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nesting Story

Unread post by Notablogger »

Ugh I feel kind of bad starting this but I’ve been following Joanna forever and I really do generally enjoy her channel and content but some things just bug me.

I feel like since she’s gone viral before and has had some successful videos, she’s focused on creating content that will become her next viral hit.

Second, I have to majorly eye roll at how
Often she mentions that this is her job. Her work. She’s so busy. Her husband is some kind of a engineer and she makes her work sound so much more important.

Third, this is mommy judging so forgive me but I feel like her kids, since I’ve followed her, are always enrolled in some sort of camp or daycare. Even in the summer. And maybe I’m wrong and kudos to her if I am, but is she really making (well in the past the twins are in regular school now) enough money as a blogger/vlogger to pay for twins in daycare? That had to be at least $1600 a month. And now she even puts her dog in daycare lol.

I just wish she’d stop trying to remind us how this is work. How she’s so busy. But her busy is going to events and getting mobile spray tans and weekly manicures. I don’t know. Not completely relatable.
Riss9416
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Nesting Story

Unread post by Riss9416 »

I think she does some other stuff with Nesting Story or at least that’s what it sounds like when she says that sge’s working. Maybe she means her blog website? I think she does some other side work. I do feel like her videos are relatable like she doesn’t try to fake not being tired. She’s really down for her kids. I feel like her videos show the ups and downs of motherhood/families with young children.
whiterose90
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whiterose90 »

Have been waiting for this thread. Used to enjoy her channel but I can't stand it now. She is constantly complaining about being tired, having some sort of food intolerance, problems with her kids, not wanting to work out, not eating properly when she is virtually a stay at home mom...not relatable on any level. Even her dog goes to daycare now LOL
Notablogger
Informer
Informer

I think maybe she takes herself too seriously and this whole career. And I think that’s where she’s struggling now. She’s probably thinking of It as just a business and getting out content, instead of it being genuine and her having fun with it.

I think if she found the joy in It again instead of just rushing out content and trying to do videos that will get a lot of views, she should go back to what made her happy to begin with.

There’s just something not genuine about it anymore.

And I’m sorry, hearing these people throw around then word entrepreneur and business owner....I have a hard time with. Guess what....if you stopped filming tomorrow, truth is nothing catastrophic would happen. You wouldn’t lose a lot of money. People wouldn’t be unemployed. My dad was a business owner. He worked his ass off. He wasn’t able to rest on the couch in the middle of the day because he was feeling overwhelmed.
Ludwigvon0415
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ludwigvon0415 »

whiterose90 wrote:Have been waiting for this thread. Used to enjoy her channel but I can't stand it now. She is constantly complaining about being tired, having some sort of food intolerance, problems with her kids, not wanting to work out, not eating properly when she is virtually a stay at home mom...not relatable on any level. Even her dog goes to daycare now LOL
THE FOOD INTOLERANCES!!! I swear every video it's something like that. I don't get it some how they are always getting over a "bug" or something and she always has some intolerance of some kind. If it's not her it's her kids. Geez... it makes me freaking crazy....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
whiterose90
Amateur
Amateur

Loved the whining today about her "seasonal depression" and how she needs to slow down and take time for herself. This came after she spent all morning without her kids getting her nails done, later in the day she has her weekly dinner & movie date with her hubby & she was sent a lovely bouquet of flowers. Wow..such a depressing hard day for her. Im sure tomorrow she will be sick and bloated from something she ate lol
Notablogger
Informer
Informer

^this is what bugs me about her.

According to her she works so hard and never makes time for herself but her kids are at school all day (she even complained that because the twins are no longer in daycare it’s less time for her to “work.” Her dog goes to daycare. She’s down to two videos a week. She gets spray tans at home. Regular nail and hair appt. seems to shop often. Her partnership with the shopping channel was annoying. Everything she suggested was super expensive. She needs a reality check. She lives a very blessed and sheltered life but complains so much about her first world problems
Pamomma8422
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Pamomma8422 »

I love Johanna and between Mikes job and her income they can afford to sogn the kids up for camp, daycare, etc. Oliver loves his doggie daycare so why not. I do miss her family vlogs, but respect her hugely for giving the kids their space since they are getting older. I think that is huge and shows where she places her focus and that is on her family. I do think she is also involved in much more than meets the eye. Remember you tube was her second or third gig. She also does blogs and writes articles among other things I'm sure.

Does she complain often, sometimes (mike calls her negative nesting story) but kudos to her for showing us all her sides. I have 2 boys 2 and under and complain a ton. Its hard work!
Anyway just wanted to show some love for nesting story and amanda muse. Elle Lindquist is ok too... but def not as real.
whiterose90
Amateur
Amateur

Thought she might be more positive on this 3 week vacation that some people could only dream of...but no she posts 30+ stories on IG about needing time for herself, working so much yet needing to do more work, needing to eat healthier, arm pit rash and not having enough time to herself. Then she says in the same breath the trip was "awesome" & "exactly what they needed" I think the problem with watching her is that she is exhausting. We all have "problems" but don't complain to thousands of strangers on the internet daily about them.
Notablogger
Informer
Informer

whiterose90 wrote:Thought she might be more positive on this 3 week vacation that some people could only dream of...but no she posts 30+ stories on IG about needing time for herself, working so much yet needing to do more work, needing to eat healthier, arm pit rash and not having enough time to herself. Then she says in the same breath the trip was "awesome" & "exactly what they needed" I think the problem with watching her is that she is exhausting. We all have "problems" but don't complain to thousands of strangers on the internet daily about them.
Maybe that’s what it is. She’s never really happy even though she seemingly has it all. So it must be annoying for some of her viewers to listen to the whining and complaining when really her life is great. Above average.
Valley_Girl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Valley_Girl »

I'm not a super neat freak by any means, but I can't help but wonder how peoples' houses get sooo messy. Like when you can't walk into multiple rooms... that's just too much. So I'm glad she kind of addressed their laziness in this video. There's still something I just don't like about her, but I can't pinpoint what it is.
Ljs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ljs »

I used to love watching her channel but something started bugging me and I couldn't put my finger on what it was and then it hit me. She's never satisfied. I totally understand that life is hard. 4 kids is a lot of work and she does a great job of not sugar coating life but at the same time it's like, oh my goodness please stop complaining for just 5 minutes. I also understand that she's showing the kids less but that's meant she is just doing sponsored stuff all the time now and its boring. Also miss the laundry chat. What happened to that?
Notablogger
Informer
Informer

Yes her channel used to be can’t miss for me and I’ve probably only watched two videos this last month. I actually think cutting back on videos makes me watch less if that makes sense.
Notablogger
Informer
Informer

And another ad video. If I wanted to watch commercials I’d watch commercials. Skipping the last few videos again.
whiterose90
Amateur
Amateur

Did her and her husband split? Just wondering if I missed an announcement since I don’t watch her videos anymore.
Notablogger
Informer
Informer

Weird I was wondering what was up since he’s never around anymore. Hmm
whiterose90
Amateur
Amateur

Notablogger wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:11 pm Weird I was wondering what was up since he’s never around anymore. Hmm
Could explain her sudden weight loss and I Haven’t noticed a ring anymore either. One of her kids Christmas lists said to “have only one Christmas” but then again maybe he is around because she still seems to have a lot of free time available to nap, workout, walk the dog and work..
Notablogger
Informer
Informer

True but she hasn’t mentioned date night in awhile either.
Ljs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ljs »

I was starting to think they'd maybe split up but last week she put out that pointless mudroom update video and she talked about Mike still doing all the work himself. Something has happened though. Went from him being happy to be in videos to not being in them and not in her Instagram either. Very odd. If he decided he didn't want to be online anymore you think she would of mentioned it, like "hey, Mike has decided he doesn't want to blah blah blah"
Notablogger
Informer
Informer

I think they’ve split. She hasn’t worn her wedding ring in pictures since August. Could also explain why their mud room process is so painstakingly slow. He’s not around. But in a weird way, she seems so much happier lately. Maybe they were miserable together. He didn’t seem that nice to her. He was very snarky and sarcastic. Maybe she’s happier alone. She’s hinted in the last to marriage troubles and said date nights saved them. Notice there has been no talk about date nights in ages.

Theory: Mike cheated. Joanna isn’t all that broken up about it and is working on her revenge body.

How long until it’s announced? I’m convinced they’ve split.

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”