Olivia Zapo

greymatter
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Olivia Zapo

Unread post by greymatter »

Anybody watch her? She is a working mom in Southern California with a 6 month old. Her fashion content isn't my fave but I adore most of her other mommy content. She is down to earth, positive, and funny. I think she has potential to be much more successful on YouTube. I couldn't find a thread on her.
genericusername
Talker
Talker

Re: Olivia Zapo

Unread post by genericusername »

I just found her and was looking for a thread on her about a week ago! I really like her so far. I actually like the majority of her videos which is rare for me. Usually I'll just watch one catagory of someone's videos such as food hauls, recipes, baby related, vlogs etc but with her I can watch basically all catagories and still be entertained. I find most 20s moms on YouTube they really hard to act naive and young but she seems so genuine. She's young but mature enough to work full time yet still be a great mom.
greymatter
Informer
Informer

She is trendy without being a carbon copy of other women/youtubers. I'm a big fan.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

I like her. She’s very sweet and I appreciated how open she was with her struggles postpartum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greymatter
Informer
Informer

Still stanning this girl. In her latest Q&A she gets asks how she keeps it all together and she says "I don't" and flips the camera around and shows her trashed house. I seriously love her. If anyone is looking for someone new to watch, check her out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TeaDropsOnMyGuitar
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by TeaDropsOnMyGuitar »

I've been watching her since 2016/2017 or so, and I still really like her! Almost every other personal channel has eventually bothered or annoyed me, but not her. She's still the most authentic YT mom I watch.

Granted, I've seen her delete mildly negative comments and her photos are super filtered. But those are seriously the only negative things I can think about. I'm reaching and the tea just isn't there lol! Definitely a fan!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Paige95
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Paige95 »

I love her too!!! She is pregnant again so happy for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BlabberMouth
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BlabberMouth »

OK so I actually like Olivia and I don’t really have many negative things to say about her. But what I do find very stupid is how all of these Youtubers, including Olivia, need an aesthetically pleasing and perfect house with a beautiful brand new white kitchen, which they can’t afford, so they continue to rent instead. From a financial perspective, that is a really stupid thing to do. You want to get into the market as soon as possible and start building equity and work your way up. I find it incredibly pathetic and superficial that they will do anything for the perfect Instagram worthy house, including continue to rent indefinitely. She has mentioned about a dozen times that she is embarrassed of her current kitchen, and all she cares about is a white kitchen. My husband and I live in a very expensive city as well, and all we could afford was a one bedroom apartment for two years. We just bought our first home and it is the farthest thing from our dream home, but we own it and it is ours and we can do what we want to it. We are in the market and eventually with time we will upgrade. She keeps saying that they are saving to buy, but with her shopping habits and the cost of renting that mansion, I don’t think they’re ever going to be able to buy, especially not with her standards.
TeaDropsOnMyGuitar
Amateur
Amateur

BlabberMouth wrote:OK so I actually like Olivia and I don’t really have many negative things to say about her. But what I do find very stupid is how all of these Youtubers, including Olivia, need an aesthetically pleasing and perfect house with a beautiful brand new white kitchen, which they can’t afford, so they continue to rent instead. From a financial perspective, that is a really stupid thing to do. You want to get into the market as soon as possible and start building equity and work your way up. I find it incredibly pathetic and superficial that they will do anything for the perfect Instagram worthy house, including continue to rent indefinitely. She has mentioned about a dozen times that she is embarrassed of her current kitchen, and all she cares about is a white kitchen. My husband and I live in a very expensive city as well, and all we could afford was a one bedroom apartment for two years. We just bought our first home and it is the farthest thing from our dream home, but we own it and it is ours and we can do what we want to it. We are in the market and eventually with time we will upgrade. She keeps saying that they are saving to buy, but with her shopping habits and the cost of renting that mansion, I don’t think they’re ever going to be able to buy, especially not with her standards.
Yeah, I agree. One of her weaknesses is that she's keeping up with the Jones's. I have a feeling she is making a ton of money, between YT, IG and her day job. She spends a lot of money on eating out or clothes. The clothes might be a business expense, which may be smart, but the eating out and other purchases aren't as financially smart.

If she saved that money instead, she could buy a house way sooner.

At the same time, she still works her other job full time so at almost 100k subscribers, that's impressive to me.

sd9008
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sd9008 »

Her new house tour was just recommended to me today so I watched and then I watched her car wreck vid then watched her first house tour video and then come here to see if she had a thread... and all I have to say is she got a huge fancy house it seems like to me but with a tiny kitchen. Like its soo tiny imo and has tile on the countertops. I personally just dont like tile on counters but if she likes it thats cool. She seems really nice and down to earth so far. I subscribed to her.
Kship
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kship »

Olivia is actually one of the very few youtube moms that I don't mind watching and honestly agree with most of the time.

I'm super impressed that she holds a full-time job and maintains a channel with ~115K subscribers. She has two kids and doesn't even have family around or a nanny to watch them. People who are saying she spends a lot of money - it seems like clothings/fashion/merchandise is a big part of both of her jobs. It's not like she's dropping cash on a new LV bag every week. She seems somewhat smart with how she spends her money.

Also, renting a house doesn't mean you don't have money to buy a house. That's a huge misconception. You might actually lose money buying a house (especially now that all the tax benefits have practically disappeared) when you're not settled on where you'll be long term. renting can be cheaper. I'm a similar situation right now. My husband and I have zero debt and we cumulatively make half a million every year and we have no plans on buying a house in the next 4 or 5 years. Where we live, renting a house actually saves us money and gives us flexibility.

I do think she is a little oversensitive about topics sometimes, like when people were asking her why her boys were going to share a room instead of giving them each a room. And yes, she does delete even mildly negative comments.
Kship
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kship »

Oh no, looks like Olivia lost her job. According to her Linkedin, she was a "Regional Styling Supervisor" at Stichfix.. so probably bringing in ~$80 from her regular job, although I thought she was making six figures.
I'm actually curious as to how she is going to scale down her spending now that she's just doing youtube.
She did just buy a peloton...
SeaSide7
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by SeaSide7 »

Just found this thread! I was wondering if she had one.... I usually really love her content but I’ve got to say; the “merch”... 😳. Oh, it is not good. It looks like there are some people out there via Instagram that want to wear shirts with “zapo fam” on the back but oof.... some of them don’t even make sense. “There’s a method to my kidness”.... 🤔... Momness and dadness are word play on madness but that’s just a weird reach. And like the plant one...? They are all over the place. She should have stuck to a smaller core group of her own “sayings” and causes that she supports. Too much.
BlabberMouth
Amateur
Amateur

Oh man olivias last video...40 minutes of her defending herself and complaining about negative comments. I feel like she’s kind of losing it. I’ve never seen a negative comment on her videos....she’s generally well liked...she needs to be a big girl. If she’s going to make YouTube her main job she will get A LOT more hate, I don’t think she’s strong enough for that.
DasHappy
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DasHappy »

I have to wonder if she's going through PPA/PPD. I went through it and its no joke. I hope she's doing ok and taking care of herself.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BlabberMouth
Amateur
Amateur

SeaSide7 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:49 am Just found this thread! I was wondering if she had one.... I usually really love her content but I’ve got to say; the “merch”... 😳. Oh, it is not good. It looks like there are some people out there via Instagram that want to wear shirts with “zapo fam” on the back but oof.... some of them don’t even make sense. “There’s a method to my kidness”.... 🤔... Momness and dadness are word play on madness but that’s just a weird reach. And like the plant one...? They are all over the place. She should have stuck to a smaller core group of her own “sayings” and causes that she supports. Too much.

Ugh I agree. I feel like she’s always trying to fit in and keep up but she can’t pull it off.
TeaDropsOnMyGuitar
Amateur
Amateur

I needed to put this out in the void, but her lips look like a butt.

smc1129
Discord name: smc1129

Unread post by smc1129 »

I'm about to rant; I apologize. I've really soured on Olivia in the last year. Olivia was one of only 3-4 influencers that I could even tolerate as of 2021/2022. I have probably followed her since before she had her first baby (maybe right after he was born) and I always felt like she could be like any other mom-friend I have. Yeah, she likes to shop, but at Target. She's not getting plastic surgery (yet) or buying Chanel.
I also really resonated with her anxiety in 2020, when she was expecting her second and having to give birth during the pandemic. I think she also lost her job at the same time. She just seemed so relatable. But, my beef with her started when she announced her twin pregnancy in 2022.

In early(ish) 2022, when she announced she was suffering / had suffered a miscarriage, I really felt for her (as both a mom and somebody who has also had a miscarriage). But, a few months later when she announced her twin pregnancy, I really started to get a bad taste in my mouth when she suggested / said that she had struggled with secondary infertility and "couldn't get pregnant," so she had planned to resort to IVF. I really feel like throwing around terms like, "infertility" when you have a platform is reckless. I thought it was pretty tone-deaf (though, in her defense, I understand she was hurting and emotionally recovering from her pregnancy loss) to say she was struggling with infertility, to have only been trying for 5-6 months. In her "finding out she's pregnant video," I think Jordan even says something like, "This only took one month longer than with Christian." Like, what? So, you didn't struggle then... (And to be clear, we know she didn't try longer than 6 months because they also said at one point this was the longest they had tried to get pregnant vs. her first 3 pregnancies and you can do the math between her pregnancy loss and her twin pregnancy).

She then went so far as to say her "infertility" was "severe" enough to have a payment plan in place at an IVF clinic to begin the month she ultimately became pregnant with her twins. Only about 5-6 months went by between her pregnancy loss and her getting pregnant with her twins (again, you can do the math), so that's - by definition - not infertility (not even close). In fact, that's actually a fairly typical amount of time to try to get to and successfully become pregnant. (I also found in hysterical that she said, 'She needed the data related to her infertility because she loves data. That's why she loves her Peloton so much!' when she clearly doesn't understand basic pregnancy data, like how long it should take to get pregnant.) So, her claims of how she needed to resort to IVF - especially after she underwent specialized testing all of which confirmed she was healthy and able to get pregnant - is not only misinfromation, but kind of offensive to women who are actually struggling (by the clinical definition) to get pregnant. (I'm actually shocked they even found a doctor to do IVF that quickly - at least without a history of infertility - because most doctors require 12+ months of trying to even look into infertility support.)

At around the same time as her twin pregnancy announcement, they also moved into the "CA forever home," and that immediately was fishy to me, especially when she said she didn't want to do a house tour (after having done one for every rental they lived in). To go from living in rentals for 10+ years (not that rentals meean you don't have money for a house) to buying a suspiciously high-end home in Orange County, CA - AFTER also buying a second home in Oberlin, OH - just seemed so strange. Olivia always seemed so much more real than other influencers - going so far as to suggest that kids sharing rooms and not buying the most lux stroller system should be common place - so to see her buy two homes in 1 year (the CA one sold for OVER $4M!!) was just the last straw for me. I'm honestly trying to understand how they afforded it all. I assume they got rich on bitcoin during the pandemic or something because I cannot sort out how she went from mocking people who bought $1200 sunglasses on Nordstroms.com to living in a $4M+ house. Like, talk about losing touch.

I want to love her like I used to, but I just can't. I wish her the best and I hope she doesn't fall from grace like so many other influencers.

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”