Liberal Moms?

yew
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Liberal Moms?

Unread post by yew »

I would really like to find some liberal (or at least not republican) mom vloggers, maybe even home school vloggers! Pretty much everyone i watch is right wing and it's kinda annoying since that's not where i lean with my personal beliefs. Would love some suggestions!

I don't mind a religious family, just would like them to be a more liberal than 99% of yt moms seem to be :)
Jen813
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: Liberal Moms?

Unread post by Jen813 »

Personally, I enjoy watching Angela Braniff’s personal channel and her family vlog channel This Gathered Nest. I’m not Sure her political leanings, but her and her husband joke and say things that would never be on some of these conservative channels. Also, she’s started doing a monthly blog on what she read for the month and they definitely include liberal and secular books. Also, she homeschools her 8 kiddos and talks about adjusting things in the religious curriculum so as to not whitewash history
Jen813
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Jen813 »

Personally, I enjoy watching Angela Braniff’s personal channel and her family vlog channel This Gathered Nest. I’m not Sure her political leanings, but her and her husband joke and say things that would never be on some of these conservative channels. Also, she’s started doing a monthly blog on what she read for the month and they definitely include liberal and secular books. Also, she homeschools her 8 kiddos and talks about adjusting things in the religious curriculum so as to not whitewash history
haterade
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by haterade »

I have found that a lot of the more liberal moms have taken a step back from posting recently. Following+

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

haterade
Gossiper
Gossiper

I did a quick tour through my sub box:

Alex Centomo - Canadian but actively speaking on BLM
Alice Thomas - English and in an interracial relationship, speaking on BLM
Brittany Banter - not sure on her political leanings, but I get the impression she is relatively moderate to liberal
Brittany Kelly - again, not sure of political leanings, Black mom vlogger who recently gave birth in her car
Days of May - hasn't posted much recently, mom of 3, posts lots of baby name videos
Holden it Down - Black mom of two from CT I believe
Mama Doctor Jones - obgyn, mostly medical commentary on her channel, mom content on her Instagram, very outspoken about BIPOC and LGBTQ+ rights in medicine
Marleyyy Vlogs - mom of 3 four and under
McHusbands - not moms, but husbands and dads of twin girls
Shenae Grimes Beech - Darcy from Degrassi lol

yew
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by yew »

Jen813 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:19 am Personally, I enjoy watching Angela Braniff’s personal channel and her family vlog channel This Gathered Nest. I’m not Sure her political leanings, but her and her husband joke and say things that would never be on some of these conservative channels. Also, she’s started doing a monthly blog on what she read for the month and they definitely include liberal and secular books. Also, she homeschools her 8 kiddos and talks about adjusting things in the religious curriculum so as to not whitewash history
Yeah, I follow her! I definitely like the dynamic between her and her husband, they're way more laidback than some other family channels :D Online it shows that Angela is a registered republican, so i guess just that knowledge is turning me off a bit. Still follow them though.
banks
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by banks »

Yasmyn Switzer, though 19, is a registered Democrat.
haterade
Gossiper
Gossiper

banks wrote:Yasmyn Switzer, though 19, is a registered Democrat.
I just watched a few videos and this girl is a damn mess. 19 with two kids, two baby daddies, and has REMOVED HER OWN IUD for YouTube content twice ImageImageImage so now I guess you can add trying for baby #3 as a teenager to that list. Good for her that she's a registered Democrat, but she seems like Jesssfam 2.0.

yew
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by yew »

haterade wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:43 pm
banks wrote:Yasmyn Switzer, though 19, is a registered Democrat.
I just watched a few videos and this girl is a damn mess. 19 with two kids, two baby daddies, and has REMOVED HER OWN IUD for YouTube content twice ImageImageImage so now I guess you can add trying for baby #3 as a teenager to that list. Good for her that she's a registered Democrat, but she seems like Jesssfam 2.0.

Yeah, not really what i'm looking for :D
greymatter
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by greymatter »

Olivia Zapo doesn't explicitly say she's liberal, but it's pretty clear she does not stand for the Orange One, racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. You know, decent human kinda stuff.
noturprobleim
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by noturprobleim »

Maybe Acacia Kersey? I thiiink the Miller Family may be pretty liberal but they ae very religious so I'm not sure. I know the eldest Reese said something about supporting LGBTQ+ in a video.
There's also Chloe and Beans. But aside from the fact she has a gazillion kids she's probably the most boring youtuber.
Anne Bonny
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Anne Bonny »

I'm always on the lookout for this. Maybe Jen Rivera Bell? She is liberal, vegan, indigenous, a feminist, and homeschools. Amber from Fairly Local Family too but she is Canadian. Also, Naturally Tess who is a small channel.but I really like her. Rhianna Ferial is a working mom who is liberal. She and her husband are adopting a little girl through the foster care system that has been with them since she was a baby. Rhianna is a CRNA and she and her husband have made a conscious decision to have no biological children and only adopt from the foster care system and foster children which is pretty notable for YT moms.

I think KileeandKadence/KileeRainbow trends liberal. She said something in a video once about leaning left and her dad being a hippie which was surprising because for some reason I thought she was a Trump supporter.

Angie from TGN is conservative but more of a moderate conservative. She is anti choice and her and her husband were reading young earth creationist and intelligent design books and the science curriculum she uses is a Young Earth Creationist science one so she is quite conservative Christian. She may not be a Trump supporter though. I do know she spoke negatively about him way back when and she seems slightly more woke than your average evangelical far right person.

I'm a liberal, bisexual homeschooling witchy atheist abortion provider and a woman of color as well as the daughter of an immigrant and sometimes I think I'd fulfill such a weird niche if I was a youtuber I might make some $$$ but I don't think I'm enough of a narcissist to be on camera constantly lol...
missiontan
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by missiontan »

I don't think you can get any more Liberal than Melanated and Well-Educated. Erica loves to teach her kids CRT, 1619 Project, etc. Her oldest has a developmental disability and I think her eldest daughter is a lesbian.
Chicter
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Chicter »

You can check out The Mom's View, a collaborative channel featuring moms discussing a variety of topics related to parenting, relationships, and lifestyle. While individual contributors may have different political views, the channel as a whole tends to be more inclusive and open.

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”