myka stauffer

seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: myka stauffer

Unread post by seriously7 »

Huxley's thumb sucking is worse than the girls. They are gonna have serious ortho bills.
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

If I've taken one thing from the China vlogs, it's that Jim is compassionate, self-aware, sensitive, and unusually empathetic. Thank heavens Wen Quan at least has him.

My heart breaks more and more for this baby boy each day, and I pray that in the long run this trauma won't damage his spirit or hamper his ability to forge a secure bond with his new parents and with future teachers, classmates, etc.
kgiff77
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kgiff77 »

They need to cocoon him when they’re settled at home. He needs to bond with both James and Myka so he doesn’t just attach to anyone he sees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kgiff77
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kgiff77 »

kgiff77 wrote:They need to cocoon him when they’re settled at home. He needs to bond with both James and Myka so he doesn’t just attach to anyone he sees.

Double post but I realized how poorly I worded this. I meant that he didn’t cling to James because he sees him is as Dad. He just clinged. They need to cocoon him for 4-6 weeks or however long it takes so that this boy sees Myka and James as Mom and Dad.
I can’t imagine their adoption agency not telling them that this is something they need to do. I wonder if Myka has any intention or if she’s just so self centered she thinks Huxley “knows” that she’s his new mom.

seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

I don't think she's gonna do it, and now that I see how close in age Radley is to Huxley I think it's gonna affect Radley pretty seriously at first. I feel that the kids will all adjust in the long run, but this is gonna be interesting to watch because Huxley is going to need a lot of attention. Does he speak any Chinese words or is he completely non verbal? Why didn't Myka try to learn some Chinese before adopting a Chinese child?
British25
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by British25 »

Haven't commented on this thread in a looooong time and have only recently started watching them again (from the Gotcha video). Myka is creepy AF. I just wanted to say I'm actually pretty impressed with James, I think he's been very calm with Huxley and acted natural and that's why he's been drawn to him over Myka. I feel like she's just been playing at this whole thing and she's having an internal tantrum because it hasn't gone how she expected it to (with Huxley clinging to her). I agree with whoever it was that said she just wants to look the part when she's pushing him in the stroller, she doesn't interact with him at all when she's doing it, other than to give him crazy eyes. James actually comforts him and tries to communicate, it's like she's done it all for show and reality is going to hit hard.

"We want to ask him if he wants water but he's non verbal and doesn't speak our language"

Erm. You adopted a kid from CHINA. Just google how to say water in Chinese? Surely? Make some kind of effort, that poor kid must be so confused. I know kids are adaptable but come on.

Sorry for the rambling post!

Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

Plus learning Chinese would have been an awesome home school lesson for the kids!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
dfjhazy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by dfjhazy »

Just want to say how insightful all of you are and I agree 100% on your thoughts about Myka and how this adoption is not at all turning out to be what she had imagined in her mind. She better put aside her resentment/disappointment and focus on Huxley and his needs. The person who commented about her being a taker vs. giver was so accurate. She wanted to be Huxley's savior and he wants nothing to do with her right now and she is livid about it. I feel so bad for him right now. At least he seems to bond with the kids somewhat (mostly Jaka from what I've seen in videos). I agree about Radley having tough transition with him as well. The "non verbal" and acting out comments are highly annoying considering he speaks no English and they haven't put any effort into speaking even a little Chinese to him. And I'm sure the names they call him are very confusing as well. Huxley, Huxxie, Huxley Bear. Call him Huxley Wen or Wen Quan for now so he at least knows you are speaking to him! Hopefully he settles in when they get home but I think Myka's fairytale adoption is not playing out as she expected.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

If he has gone by Wen for the past 2 years, Arwen or even Aaron would have been great "American" names, although Wen is a great name on its own. Or, in China is their second name the one they go by in every day convo?
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

Did you guys see the part where the adoption worker told her he's very busy & "naughty" & she looked at him in disbelief. Like, wait, this child has a personality? I pray he doesn't have RADD :(
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

I’m sure I read somewhere that Huxley has special needs? Is that right?

lurking10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurking10 »

chatty wrote:I’m sure I read somewhere that Huxley has special needs? Is that right?

I saw her say on one of her vlogs he has a medical condition which is neurological. I am not sure what the condition actually is though.
British25
Gossiper
Gossiper

I've just watched a few of thisgatherednest's videos after another poster said about the cocooning method.. She's so lovely! In her Meet Rosie video she talks about how they transitioned her into the family, she is also a special needs child from China. They are calling her by the name she went by in the orphanage and I noticed she also spoke a few Chinese words to her. That must help enormously, just being able to say certain words that the child is familiar with. I just can't believe the difference in these two mothers. That might be really harsh but it's true, this is a mother who seems to have done all the right things when it comes to an international adoption (of a special needs child too) and it's hard not to compare Myka to her. Myka just seems to give off really weird vibes, that poor boy must just want to hide behind James the whole time. Thankfully he has James, I can't imagine how traumatic it would be for him if it was just Myka there trying to force an instant bond

dfjhazy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by dfjhazy »

It was interesting to read comments on the most recent video that summed up what we are all saying here. Myka appearing to be checked out already with the adoption and not making an effort to bond with Huxley. People praising Jim for doing a great job with him. That has to be eating her up inside to hear people are viewing it like that but it's so obvious just watching the adoption videos.
Karissa7
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Karissa7 »

I'm glad to see people are calling her out. Let's face it, this bitch knows she did this adoption for attention, praise and YouTube views. With her click bait titles and stupid thumbnails of her crying and scamming people in the beginning. Reality and karma are going to hit this woman hard. I'm glad James is being what he needs to be. Myka needs to get her shit together and start bonding with Huxley NOW.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

It was very interesting in the vlog from today after Huxley has his check up he is upset and James is vlogging Myka holding him and he says something like "hold him close to you and he will relax" and instead she puts her forehead on his because she knew that would be a cuter photo. Like, dont think about the vlog and thumbnails think about this poor baby who is experiencing trauma.
dfjhazy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by dfjhazy »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:It was very interesting in the vlog from today after Huxley has his check up he is upset and James is vlogging Myka holding him and he says something like "hold him close to you and he will relax" and instead she puts her forehead on his because she knew that would be a cuter photo. Like, dont think about the vlog and thumbnails think about this poor baby who is experiencing trauma.
YES!! It was so obvious she has no feelings toward him yet and it's all show for the camera and vlogs. I would think for most mothers the natural instinct would be to cradle your child's head and hold them close to your chest to comfort them and make them feel safe and secure. This idiot like you said uses it as a photo op to showcase how wonderful she thinks she is. This poor little boy, I'm thankful he has Jim who is trying his best to make him feel comforted. They keep bringing up how mornings are so hard because Huxley grieves in the morning. I think he is friggin scared and can't understand them at all! Plus it sounds like he needs glasses so his eyesight is probably very blurry. It broke my heart when they said he screamed for an hour when they left behind the Chinese guide. They need to put more effort into learning key Chinese words so they can communicate with him.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I am completely in love with Huxley! His personality its showing a little but but I can tell he is a strong boy with a little charming way about him. That smile just melts me. I hope so badly Myka finds some mothering bone in her body and does right by him.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
mookiepoop
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mookiepoop »

Watching their adoption vlogs is incredibly sad. First of all, why in the hell would you bring three young kids? Huxley is completely traumatized and even though he laughs and smiles from time to time, he is still confused, scared, and wondering where the F his foster parents are. Jim clearly didn't want to adopt in the first place. I have a strange feeling that Myka is slightly regretting this and wishes she was back at home sitting on the couch. She is trying way to hard to make it seem like she has a connection with Huxley when neither of them like each other lol.
British25
Gossiper
Gossiper

mookiepoop wrote:Watching their adoption vlogs is incredibly sad. First of all, why in the hell would you bring three young kids? Huxley is completely traumatized and even though he laughs and smiles from time to time, he is still confused, scared, and wondering where the F his foster parents are. Jim clearly didn't want to adopt in the first place. I have a strange feeling that Myka is slightly regretting this and wishes she was back at home sitting on the couch. She is trying way to hard to make it seem like she has a connection with Huxley when neither of them like each other lol.
I completely agree that she's regretting it, she's trying so hard not to let it show. I think she thought she would arrive in China and he would immediately be clinging to her because she is his saviour coming to rescue him. No Myka, you're weird and you've done this all wrong. Taking all the kids with them is probably the worst thing they could have done because they needed one on one time with Huxley, rather than stressing making sure all the other kids are entertained and are not feeling left out. Some of these vlogs are pretty awkward to watch, she makes me uncomfortable

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”