amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pits of paradis

Unread post by amyfalafal »

olivialinnea101 wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:I mean, it isnt any of the birth parents business really. In a typical adoption you have ZERO say in where they live or move to and even in open adoptions the adoptive parents have the right to take a step back if they see fit. They will still get more updates and be able to see Harper than if they had placed her with anyone else.
I understand that the adoptive parents have full rights to make any and all decisions. However its probably an awkward situation given that they are family. In the adoption q+a Sarah said part of the reason she felt good about the adoption was because she could come see Harper anytime she wanted. I think it must be really hard for birth parents to make the decision to place with a specific family based on the agreement in place when the baby is born knowing that the adoptive parents could change that agreement at anytime in the future. However I also see that from adoptive parents perspective you cannot stop your life from moving forward.
I thought about that too, and this whole inter-family adoption was too good to be true. Im sure it's not all lovely in paradise as it appears to be. Im sure there are many reasons why they moved.
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

Anyone else really anxious to hear about their next adoption and the details whenever that time rolls around? I really think poor Britt is in for it since she seems to have a skewed view on how the average adoption works. It does not usually consist of all smiles and love with no wavering from the birth parents and if not that, at the very least a lot of pain and raw emotion.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

olivialinnea101 wrote:Anyone else really anxious to hear about their next adoption and the details whenever that time rolls around? I really think poor Britt is in for it since she seems to have a skewed view on how the average adoption works. It does not usually consist of all smiles and love with no wavering from the birth parents and if not that, at the very least a lot of pain and raw emotion.
If i remember correctly they had been picked for an adoption before Harper and the birth parents pulled out of the adoption. I think, I might be confused with someone else but I am pretty sure she spoke about it in one her of infertility vlogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

I dont think so... I've seen almost all of her vlogs and never heard this
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by theg0ssiping1 »

she did speak about that in one of her past vlogs a couple years ago i think you're right
in a world full of youtubers choose to be honest.
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

theg0ssiping1 wrote:she did speak about that in one of her past vlogs a couple years ago i think you're right
In her a Joes we're adopting video they said they decided on adopting, got in contact with a lawyer and agency and then Sarah and Ben called. There was no mention of a prior adoption story
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Their backyard is beautiful. Must of cost a fortune. I would love to know how much money joe earns and how much they have spent on that house and land. I'm nosey like that though.

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Have they mentioned having another child?

theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

i haven't heard her mention it but would be nice to see
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

Yea I believe they've hinted towards another adoption and are maybe in the works of one currently.

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I remember she mentioned it in Harpers one year update. She said by law you have to wait one year after adopting a child before you can apply to adopt again and that they plan to apply to adopt again in a few months.

skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

staceybrax wrote:Their backyard is beautiful. Must of cost a fortune. I would love to know how much money joe earns and how much they have spent on that house and land. I'm nosey like that though.

They definitely have money. Their old house sold for around 650,000$ and homes in the Denver metro area are extremely expensive as there is a major housing bubble there right now. He does something with IT and in that field there are a lot of high paying jobs if you get lucky enough to get the right one with a growing company. The Utah market isn't as crazy as the Colorado one right now so I'm sure the house in UT was cheaper, still expensive though I would imagine.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

OK IM SURE THIS HAS ALL BEEN DISCUSSED BEFORE lol but hi ImageI'm new to watching bits of paradis. I watched the q&a with the birth mom and was shocked at how disconnected she was with Harper, acted like she was just a surrogate and not biologically related- and the dumb dream she says she had about "seeing a small child hand guiding her to a different hand" and knowing that she was never meant to be harpers mom and just her "suitcase". I'm glad it all worked out and that Harper is with more fortunate loving parents but wow, I've just never seen that type of response before from a birth mom. So naturally I creeped her FB- she works at a strip joint, well she did in 2012 and she shames breastfeeding lol [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... e67a94.png[/img] what a piece of work. And how she just brought up wanting to be called "bonus mom" in the Q&a without really discussing it with Brittany and Brittany's response was kinda like an awkward/cringey "yaah you mentioned that one today". Did she ever get the title "bonus mom"?

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yeah the birth mom Q&A was really awkward to watch. She seemed so disconnected from Harper and even in vlogs when they would visit Harper she seemed very uninterested in her and disconnected, which is sad because there's a lot of birth moms out there who would kill to be able to have a close relationship with their child and their child's adoptive parents. I wonder if she disconnected to cope with adopting or if she really just didn't want Harper at all. I wonder if she even cares that they moved to Utah?
Harper is really lucky to have ended up with Brittany and joe because they couldn't love that little girl anymore than they do, they dote on her. It's really sweet.

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

staceybrax wrote:Yeah the birth mom Q&A was really awkward to watch. She seemed so disconnected from Harper and even in vlogs when they would visit Harper she seemed very uninterested in her and disconnected, which is sad because there's a lot of birth moms out there who would kill to be able to have a close relationship with their child and their child's adoptive parents. I wonder if she disconnected to cope with adopting or if she really just didn't want Harper at all. I wonder if she even cares that they moved to Utah?
Harper is really lucky to have ended up with Brittany and joe because they couldn't love that little girl anymore than they do, they dote on her. It's really sweet.

The other night when I was watching a bunch of vlogs I noticed one vlog was titled "filming q&a with birth mom" and she showed a bit of behind the scenes, they were wearing the outfits in the top photo. But it seems like that q&a never got uploaded? I can't find it- the only one is the one with the outfits in the bottom photo. The bottom one was uploaded a month after the first picture. Maybe they didn't like the video and re-did it? Image hope that made sense lol

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Never mind I realize it was a focus issue lol it bothered me after I posted it and watched the vlog after the "filming with birth mom vlog" and she explained it

theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

gymchick43 wrote:Never mind I realize it was a focus issue lol it bothered me after I posted it and watched the vlog after the "filming with birth mom vlog" and she explained it
welcome to the pits of paradis lol

i feel like with this channel you're either in the i love them or i can't stand them group and there is no in between but i have somehow found myself in the in between anyway. there are some vlogs that she posts that leaves me with a smile on my face and others where i furrow my brow and i click out of it questioning so many things. i used to watch britt when she did mainly home decorating themed videos and a few vlogs in between where they spoke about infertility so it's nice to see them doing videos about having a child now but i will admit the q&a with the birth mother video was one of the hardest videos to watch. not only because the birth mother was incredibly disconnected like you said but britt seemed like she didn't want to be doing the video other than for the simple fact that it would and did get her views on her channel. on the subject of joe and what he does for a living i am not sure they ever discussed what it is that he does but maybe they have and i just wasn't paying attention that much (not odd for me when i 'watch' her content these days) but i do know that everytime i see him in a video he looks exhausted tired and wore out. i am just guessing here so i could very well be wrong but something tells me that motherhood is taking a toll on britt and therefore she relies a lot on joe to do things for her and harper on top of him working full time and possibly overtime. i am not saying she isn't a good mother because none of us know that from 11 minute videos but i am saying that things seem to be a lot harder than she expected i am guessing. i also dislike the fact that when i do watch any of her videos i read her comment section only to see that she responds to much larger channels and leaves other commenters high and dry as if they don't matter. for me that fits the bill with her because she seems to look down her nose a lot when she is showing off her latest $4000 buy at pottery barn to fill that void in her house and possibly somewhere in her life. maybe i am wrong but that is just what i get from her videos. i can't relate to her anymore and i have children but i do not go out and buy my kids the world even though i know they deserve it i am just more drawn to relatable youtubers who actually have a budget in place even with making great money like our household. she drops money like it's no big deal and for whatever reason it doesn't suit me anymore.

and i know she reads here so if you are reading here britt know that nobody hates or dislikes you but that is something that goes hand in hand with putting your life out there for the public eye you get discussed much like a reality TV show or movie.
ava11
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ava11 »

Sarah is just a white trash person and Harper won jackpot with the adoption. Unfortunetely she looks just like her birth mom, she is the least cute baby of all youtube, sorry. But they seem to love her very much, specially Joe.

Odoslané z môjho iPhone cez Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I've noticed that harpers eye sometimes turn inwards. My daughter had the same thing and now needs glasses, hopefully she has that looked at

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

gymchick43 wrote:I've noticed that harpers eye sometimes turn inwards. My daughter had the same thing and now needs glasses, hopefully she has that looked at

I mentioned it and Britney freaked out. Said it was fine

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”