So... It wasn't an iPad?

Still. What 2 year old needs a tablet?
HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: TaylerTragedy/ModifiedMother Part 30

Unread post by HeyKatie »

I don't think it was an iPad at least it didn't look like it from the quick clip of Alasena saying a tablet!
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

It was a tablet. Not an Ipad. She called it "pad" I believe. Probably because Chuckie has an Ipad and she's use to saying Ipad.

I hope Alesana, Jakoby, and Anberlin all grow up to be well rounded people and achieve much more than their parents and not to follow in their footsteps. And even if an accident were to occur, say one of the children got pregnant young (or Jakoby got someone pregnant), I hope they handle it much better than their parents did.
Even though Alesana isn't the best child around and is quite bully-ish, I don't wish her less than Jakoby. It isn't her fault for the was she is. She's barely 3 years old.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
placebo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by placebo »

Still.. A two year old doesn't need tablet. Tayler should have asked for puzzles/jigsaws instead.
obsessedwithVSPiNK
Talker
Talker

Unread post by obsessedwithVSPiNK »

I'm sorry but I gotta disagree with the whole tablet thing. My husband and I got our son an ipad this summer when he was 2 1/2. It was easily the best investment we've ever made and was actually recommended to us by his developmental therapist. We do not let him use it 24/7. He gets 30 minutes in the morning, 30 minutes before bed and can use it any time we're in the car driving somewhere. There are a lot of amazing educational apps out there. My son who was completely non verbal up until about 6 months ago can count to 25, knows his ABCs, all of his shapes/colors and can read short words-and he just turned 3 in October. We've been so concerned with just getting him to do basic things like feed himself, potty trained, talk at all, etc that it's not me who taught him most of these things-a lot of it can be credited to the ipad. Now, obviously I pick which apps he gets that are beneficial and I usually spend time playing/teaching with him while he's on it, but it's been amazing. IF (and this is a big IF because I know how this girl is) Tayler were to use the tablet appropriately, get the right kind of educational games and actually sit down and help Alesana learn from it, the IPad can be a wonderful teaching tool.

All of my son's therapists (speech, developmental and occupational) carry around Ipads with them to their appointments with special needs kids who don't have their own because they really are amazing teaching tools when utilized correctly. Plenty of times my son's therapists will do other things with him for the first 40 minutes of a therapy session and then spend the last 20 minutes working with him on the ipad (which is what ended up convincing us to get him one).

BUT like I said, this is Tayler we're talking about so if she is just going to download some stupid Monster High or Hello Kitty brainless crap to sit Alesana in front of so she can sit on her social sites or whatever in peace, it's not going to do diddly squat for Alesana's education or development.
Proud mommy to 3 year old Alex, diagnosed with autism and a rare kidney disease. My ray of sunshine and inspiration in life.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

Haha my daughter has two little leapfrog "tablets" (not the leappad, much cheaper lol) and she calls the big one her iPad (sometimes her kindle) and her littler one her iPhone haha
#FreeBen
MommyToASweetie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MommyToASweetie »

my 4 year old niece got a leapfrog thing to teach her how to read. It also has some cool But a leapfrog is wayyy different than a tablet for the 2 year old Alesana.

She should have bought Alesana puzzles. Puzzles are so neat I loved doing puzzles growing up! Or my boyfriends niece whose around Alesanas age got some magnetic dolls, those things are the coolest thing a I've ever seen its so cute to watch her change their clothes and act out fun imaginary games so cool!!!
#FreeBen #FreeGlen
BornThisWay94
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by BornThisWay94 »

I also had a Leapfrog when I was a kid (The original one lol) and I absolutely loved it. It taught me Spanish, Math, language, history, and had fun educational games
"I'm not on welfare, the government just pays for everything I have!" -Tayler Dawn

kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by kingoflove21vher »

BornThisWay94 wrote:I also had a Leapfrog when I was a kid (The original one lol) and I absolutely loved it. It taught me Spanish, Math, language, history, and had fun educational games
I had the original Leap Pad and I actually still have mine, and it works.

I never play it when I'm bored, ever. :?

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Emcee »

I agree, a tablet is not an useless gift. My son got a Galaxy tablet for Christmas (he will be 3 on the 30th of this month), and I don't see anything wrong with it.
I downloaded a whole bunch of educational apps, and a couple of games. He's only allowed to play with it for a certain amount of time or during car rides. He loves it, and I really dont see anything wrong with it.
:love2:
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

You ALL know Tayler is NOT going to download "educational" apps for Alesana.

It IS a useless gift, imo. Especially since she can't even afford baby clothes for her newborn.
Pointless.
obsessedwithVSPiNK
Talker
Talker

Unread post by obsessedwithVSPiNK »

I agree it was stupid of Tayler specifically to get Alesana a tablet when she cannot even afford the basic necessities for her children. My post earlier was addressing those who said tablets/ipads were stupid and useless gifts for any toddler which I disagree with.
Proud mommy to 3 year old Alex, diagnosed with autism and a rare kidney disease. My ray of sunshine and inspiration in life.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

It would of been a great idea, if Tayler was actually interested in teaching her kids. What does she teach Alesana to say? Pee, poop, basically words that sound funny to hear out of a toddler. I wouldn't be surprised that the only reason Alesana can actually talk was because of Chuckies parents or Chuckie worked with her.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

I guess we all have different opinions when it comes to the ipad/tablet situation in a sense.

I have 2 extra iphones lying around and I haven't thought about giving one to my daughter to play with. I just like the idea of giving my daughter my iphone and she play with her little section of apps. Same with if my significant other buys an ipad soon, I would just let our daughter play with it from time to time.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

I think a tablet is a good learning tool, and kids should know how to use one before they go to kindergarten. Some schools here are demanding that kids actually have them for kindergarten, which I'm not sure I agree with, but it is what it is.

In Tayler's home, it might be a better choice to have had high quality educational toys that all the kids can use. Well made stuff that will last for years. Maybe they have that too, but we never see much of the kids anymore, so it's hard to tell. Pretty sure the grandparents and great-grandparents are supporting Tayler and the kids right now. I guess no one can tell them how to spend their money. :)
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
Heartbreakcoverupxo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Heartbreakcoverupxo »

The hell? how did she afford that, I thought she was behind in bills. Also we all know that tablet was for tayler as a cover up if people say she's selfish for buying it for herself common ladies it's tayler here.
I speak the truth, if that makes me a bitch then so be it.
taintedstars
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by taintedstars »

Tayler didn't buy it. If you watch the video the first part the kids are shown opening presents from tayler and chuckie. Then in the next clip they are at a totally different house (assuming chuckies parents) and you can see and hear chuckies mom say "shes opening her big big gift"
surferbunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by surferbunny »

that is what I thought ... it was a gift not from Tayler
baby # 2 due early 2015 ..fingers crossed for PINK!!

Return to “Tayler Tragedy”