pitbulllove
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011teenagemom - Part 6

Unread post by pitbulllove »

mpetrie8 wrote:
pitbulllove wrote:I love how pissed people get over tv show spoilers. If you don't want a spoiler, stay off social media. Someone somewhere will spoil it for you I can 100% guarantee that.

This !!

I actually enjoy Vanessa more now that I know we share a common obsession over characters on a TV show lol
I do the same thing with my friends or just people who start talking about favorite tv shows. Its like I have a new found respect for them since they watch the same shows as me lol.
“The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
-Andy Rooney
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

Can't believe the shorts. I'm a mom of two and if I'm ever in doubt about weather, I tuck a pair of jeans in my purse (little one is 3T, takes up very little room) and bring a sweater. It is easy to be prepared.
#FreeBen
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

It must of gotten warmer later cause there is a photo of Lily and Aria with no jumpers of sweaters in the car.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

It's unsafe to wear coats while In the car seat. They are to be removed..
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

That article is about "bulky winter coats". A fleece hoodie isn't exactly a bulky coat. It can't be much more compressed like a thick coat.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I haven't seen the picture but I know it's been snowing there so I'm assuming they were wearing winter coats. Plus I was reaponding to why they might NOT be wearing jackets in car seat.. Assuming saftey reasons.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Went back and looked: um sorry but the picture with jackets under straps does not look snug, the picture without jacket does.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

How can you think that's safe GYPSO? Apparently it's not a huge coat but it's still thick and it's still preventing the straps from not being close to the body.
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

It's not a thick jacket. I can SEE that. She's not going to fly forward 6 inches in a hoodie for heaven's sake. It's no worse than a sweater. The problem with heavy coats is the amount the baby could go forward in the straps, and potentially whip back. That's the issue. It doesn't mean your 2 year old can't wear a sweater or a hoodie. You can believe what you want. You might as well get on Britney as well, because Aria is wearing the same type of light coat. :roll: Not going to argue with you further.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

Baby Leash - I used the same brand (My daughters had the unicorn, my son the puppy) I don't see the controversy. We didn't always hold the tether, & all the kids loved their 'Backpacks'
Anyone who argues the safety leash is reading Waaaaaaay to far into it, and simply looking for something to bitch about. For every argument someone has against those little backpacks, I have one against your poor parenting choices in choosing to either carry your child, force your child into a stroller, and so on. And yep those arguments are as ridiculous as those against the little backpack leashes ;)
mommalurker
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mommalurker »

I am able to put my son in the same type of sweater without adjusting the straps at all in his seat. If she had to loosen the straps at all because of the sweater then yes it's not safe, but theres no way to know if she had to do that or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Ariasol
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ariasol »

Snow White wrote:Baby Leash - I used the same brand (My daughters had the unicorn, my son the puppy) I don't see the controversy. We didn't always hold the tether, & all the kids loved their 'Backpacks'
Anyone who argues the safety leash is reading Waaaaaaay to far into it, and simply looking for something to bitch about. For every argument someone has against those little backpacks, I have one against your poor parenting choices in choosing to either carry your child, force your child into a stroller, and so on. And yep those arguments are as ridiculous as those against the little backpack leashes ;)
Thank you! I can't see how it's abuse.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

Use a leash...dont use a leash. To each their own. I never understood the argument on that subject. Its not hurting the child or jepordizing (sp) his/her stafety im any way.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Of course I was mentioning both girls GYPSO. We don't know how tight or loose it was. Just visualizing it and don't give a damn what they do really. Just trying to explain how it's not safe if the straps were really loose when jacket was taken off. Don't know if they had to adjust them.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I think there are better ways to teach your child not to run away without using a leash, stroller or carry them. But that's me, I think they're unnecessary.
Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Emcee »

If Aria has a blanket on her while on the carseat, then it was obviously too cold to wear shorts. Poor Lily.
:love2:
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

staceybrax wrote:I think there are better ways to teach your child not to run away without using a leash, stroller or carry them. But that's me, I think they're unnecessary.
Carrying them or strapping them into a stroller, refuses them exercise. It also prevents them from 'exploring' or expressing their curiosity. How they will ever learn their limits if you carry or push them 100% of the time?

Like I said my kids loved wearing their little backpacks and the tether is REMOVABLE, sometimes we never touched the tether, we taught them to stay close. But in busier situations or if they felt like pushing those limits, and wanted to, you know WALK, we would hold the tether and walk BESIDE them.

Just my opinion.
CamilaCabello
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CamilaCabello »

Sometimes it doesn't matter what you teach your kids. As soon as they see something interesting, they bolt. Those backpacks come in handy. My friend and I had to bring her little brother with us to the mall one day and he minds, but it's the mall. And as soon as we got there, he ran to the play area. But we didn't lose him because we had one of those backpacks on him.

And it's not always about the child, either. Having them tethered to you makes it harder for someone to just scoop them up and take them away. It's a safety thing, not an abuse thing.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Snow White wrote:
staceybrax wrote:I think there are better ways to teach your child not to run away without using a leash, stroller or carry them. But that's me, I think they're unnecessary.
Carrying them or strapping them into a stroller, refuses them exercise. It also prevents them from 'exploring' or expressing their curiosity. How they will ever learn their limits if you carry or push them 100% of the time?

Like I said my kids loved wearing their little backpacks and the tether is REMOVABLE, sometimes we never touched the tether, we taught them to stay close. But in busier situations or if they felt like pushing those limits, and wanted to, you know WALK, we would hold the tether and walk BESIDE them.

Just my opinion.
I said there are better ways to teach them WITHOUT a leash, stroller or carrying them.
Each to their own but I don't like them.

Return to “2011teenagemom”