2011TeenageHotBoots Part 16

gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011TeenageHotBoots Part 16

Unread post by gypsophila »

I've always wondered that too Emcee. I assumed it was because both of them worked, or maybe they already babysit their other granddaughter. ETA: Or maybe they are like my inlaws who stated they would not babysit because, just because. :-o
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
Dumbledore
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Dumbledore »

gypsophila wrote:I've always wondered that too Emcee. I assumed it was because both of them worked, or maybe they already babysit their other granddaughter. ETA: Or maybe they are like my inlaws who stated they would not babysit because, just because. :-o
And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure Lily's grandparents love spending time with her but its been a while since they've taken care of a toddler and it might make them nervous. They could feel like they're too old to chase after her up and down the stairs like she likes to do when she visits them etc..V used to also be overprotective of Lily when she was younger and didn't let David take her alone even when they were broken up so they don't really know how to care for her like nona does.
As long as they see her regularly its all good. People shouldn't expect free babysitting from family members anyway. I already know my mom will babysit in an emergency or for a bday celebration (that's about it) and my inlaws have their hands full with the grandkids they already constantly watch so once I have my kid, we'll be together 24/7 and probably have zero to no date nights with my husband so we're still waiting haha
Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Emcee »

My parents love my son to death, but just like Dumbledore's mom,they will only celebrate in an emergency or if there's a special thing going on. I agree, that people shouldn't expect free babysitting at anytime.
:love2:
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I hear you on the zero date time. I think we paid for a babysitter one time and when we got home we couldn't even wake her up. It was a little traumatizing in a stupid way because you don't want to have to touch someone else's kid. I also agree on the under 2 set are much more difficult to watch. I'll still offer though. Those are memories and days/nights that will be precious to me. When you get to my age, you prioritize what you want to do with your time. My inlaws prioritized differently. And oddly enough, my MIL always regretted it because we ended up having to move across the country so she didn't see my girls grow up.

Maybe I'm the only one who's going to want some custody of my grandchildren? That's sad to me.
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

Britney's family lives out of state do they not?
And I've only ever heard mention of Eans grandmother?
Maybe Eans family works?

I don't know about some parents, but I had my children to raise them myself. When I turned 18 my mother was done raising children, I did not have my children for my parents to raise them. My husband and I get a date night every 6 months, as we don't want to take advantage of my mother.

I'm sorry but I don't have much respect for parents who ship their child(ren) off to Grandmas house every weekend. We can spend time with my parents as a family. I think it's sad when grandparents are viewed as built in babysitters and nothing more!
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Should have clarified my position better. I will offer to babysit. But neither of my daughters intend to be SAHM's. So they'll be arranging daycare. But I will definitely take as much time as they give me, because in the absence of having a SAHM, I do think family is better than strangers. It's not practical for me to babysit full time, and neither would ask that. My sister was a witch and left my mother to raise her first son until she (my mom) died, which was fairly early by today's standard. Nope, would have never gone over with me. I do value the idea of having the expanded family helping to raise the next generation though.

I got shit for saying that my daughters weren't going to be SAHM's on here before. Well, that's what they've both decided. One will be working toward a PhD, and the other plans on doing a lot of travel after she graduates in a couple of years. Both will automatically get one year paid leave (or better depending on employers) to start with. People vary.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Her latest video, it was a huge FU interwebz when she was all "Oh your chest clip needs to be higher." She NEVER has Lily buckled in properly and is told about it all the time. I hope she is trying to do better.

And the Christmas party did not look like a party for children. I didn't see another little one there as all! I bet all the people who hired babysitters loved having a toddler in the mix.
pixiefrost
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by pixiefrost »

If my parents tickled me as much as they tickle lily I'd be pissed. Being tickled sucks.
Ambrosia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Ambrosia »

I think it's great that vanessa has her mom. Having a child young is so overwhelming, and Lily had even more needs than your usual infant. Britney has gotten her mom to watch Aria, and I think she has mentioned that she asked her sister to watch Aria before when she's in town. I think Britney had a falling out with her mom so that's why Aria goes to daycare when need be now. Vanessa never forced her mom to be a big help with Lily, she wanted to do it. I hope vanessa continues school if that's what she wants, if not I hope she enjoys her time being a SAHM. She does need to get a car though. Maybe she can get a decent used one.
Freaksngeeks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Freaksngeeks »

I don't like that Vanessa films in the doctors office. It's one thing if they are just waiting for the doctor, but to film while she's getting a ultrasound done, with a dr or tech in the room seems like it should be a private thing. What's the point of recording it?
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

I can't wait to be a grandmother. I will watch my grand babies as often as my kids need me to. I will love it. I will do all the fun stuff and not worry about what they eat or how much sleep they get. I will just enjoy them without the stress of being a parent.

I will frigging kill my kids if they become teen parents though.
N0tR3a11yH3r3
Talker
Talker

Unread post by N0tR3a11yH3r3 »

thegooseiscooked wrote:I can't wait to be a grandmother. I will watch my grand babies as often as my kids need me to. I will love it. I will do all the fun stuff and not worry about what they eat or how much sleep they get. I will just enjoy them without the stress of being a parent.

I will frigging kill my kids if they become teen parents though.
Well then...
CamilaCabello
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CamilaCabello »

I think Vanessa looks really pretty here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

Ambrosia wrote:I think it's great that vanessa has her mom. Having a child young is so overwhelming, and Lily had even more needs than your usual infant. Britney has gotten her mom to watch Aria, and I think she has mentioned that she asked her sister to watch Aria before when she's in town. I think Britney had a falling out with her mom so that's why Aria goes to daycare when need be now. Vanessa never forced her mom to be a big help with Lily, she wanted to do it. I hope vanessa continues school if that's what she wants, if not I hope she enjoys her time being a SAHM. She does need to get a car though. Maybe she can get a decent used one.
Those are huge assumptions. I don't think Nona wanted to raise Lily at all. I think she loves Lily, undeniably, but I don't think she wanted to raise her. I do think she was forced in a way. Teenage daughter, grandchild with health issues, absent father/family. She moved & down sized the second Vanessa & Lily moved out, if she wanted to raise Lily she would have kept a room for her. Which yes, is my assumption!

edits: because it's early and spelling errors bother me!
HelloHolaHallo

Unread post by HelloHolaHallo »

CamilaCabello wrote:I think Vanessa looks really pretty here.
OMG she looks so pretty there!!!!! Loving that look!!! I really don't like curls on her I love it straight. She almost looks Korean.
Rosiex3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Rosiex3 »

CamilaCabello wrote:I think Vanessa looks really pretty here.
I agree! She's finally wearing color and her hair looks really nice for once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lexylemon
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lexylemon »

She looks super cute in that picture !
kiki
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by kiki »

I dont see anything wrong with v's mom helping, because let's be honest, any family is (probably) going to help when their teen gets pregnant. what else can you do? And, with lioli's health problems, honestly I think v needed all the help she could get. However, having your mom watch your baby so you can sleep in is ridiculous. I don't think v is the best teen mom out there, but I find Britney more annoying than v. At least v is 'engaged' now. And whether she follows through or not, she at least appears to have SOME ambition. B has no other goal besides being a mom. Which is fine.... If you're a little older (not knocking SAHMs - my mom was a SAHM from the time she was 26 on). But its kind of sad to finish high school and have no other ambitions in your life. To be in your early twenties and never worked a day in your life? Embarrassing.

There's no reason v can't be in school and/or working part time either, but I just don't see how people can stand britney and praise her so much...

Sent from my AT10-A using Tapatalk
Dumbledore
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Dumbledore »

Vanessa tends to share info BEFORE it happens. Some of the stuff she has shared never even ended up happening but she shared it bc she was super excited and wanted to make it look like she always has something going for her. Britney had her kids young and if they really are done having kids then she'll have the rest of her life to make something of herself. She could have ambitions she doesn't share bc it puts pressure on you and the minions will never let it go (people still think V wants to be a teacher even though she said that YEARS ago). I think V and B are on pretty level playing field right now. 2-3 months of work experience or a U of P education take your pick lmao they're still young, we'll have to wait and see what they do, they're both SAHMs at the moment.
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Snow White wrote:
Ambrosia wrote:I think it's great that vanessa has her mom. Having a child young is so overwhelming, and Lily had even more needs than your usual infant. Britney has gotten her mom to watch Aria, and I think she has mentioned that she asked her sister to watch Aria before when she's in town. I think Britney had a falling out with her mom so that's why Aria goes to daycare when need be now. Vanessa never forced her mom to be a big help with Lily, she wanted to do it. I hope vanessa continues school if that's what she wants, if not I hope she enjoys her time being a SAHM. She does need to get a car though. Maybe she can get a decent used one.
Those are huge assumptions. I don't think Nona wanted to raise Lily at all. I think she loves Lily, undeniably, but I don't think she wanted to raise her. I do think she was forced in a way. Teenage daughter, grandchild with health issues, absent father/family. She moved & down sized the second Vanessa & Lily moved out, if she wanted to raise Lily she would have kept a room for her. Which yes, is my assumption!

edits: because it's early and spelling errors bother me!
I think it's just an indication that yes, Vanessa really did pay half the bills all along and that Nona couldn't afford the 2 bedroom place on her own. That makes sense. It would be a big savings.

Return to “2011teenagemom”